Thread: fuck the IJ mindset

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default fuck the IJ mindset

is it just me or does it seem to be the most deleterious when taken to an extreme? the only thing that I can see that is favorable about it is the ability to regulate the amount of influence others exert on you, the ability to galvanize oneself, the ability to build/tear down very strong associations, and the deviation of mind/uniqueness of thought (which granted can be just as shitty). anyone see any advantages? I think Ji was surpassed by Je over the past 200 years or so but I think that Pe is beginning to take over right now. Comments?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a bunch of very interesting INTJs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_Knights
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean pedro

I have nothing to comment on about it right now.

IJs can use their 'unflappable-ness' to their advantage, if it is harnessed properly. ...but it takes training. Society is shifting to Xe-ness, maybe. I don't really know what to say.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO, the real power of is completely neutralizing everything. Then it's just a matter of doing that and figuring out what you want to do, after everything has been neutralized. There are no extremes or things in the way, no obstacles.

Sooner or later, "introversion" fades away, and it's just a matter of "well, what do you want to do now?"
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Ixxj mindset is hot.... I'm easily able to get the right IJ person to relax more though. Or rather to worry in the right direction.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think it is a matter of 'becoming' EJ on the inside, in your resolution of will which gives rise to habits and thus action and mobility. the main drawback to being ij is the lack of pervasiveness.
    lol

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xiuxiu
    i think it is a matter of 'becoming' EJ on the inside, in your resolution of will which gives rise to habits and thus action and mobility. the main drawback to being ij is the lack of pervasiveness.
    Well, sure, once you mature enough to put personal knowledge at the disposal of the base. Then you can link into something "larger" than yourself, into an entire ideosyncracy. But of course, you can never positively influence anybody outside your ideosyncracy in that manner, because they will always be doubtful about your position.

It's good for responding to attempts by others to coerce you, though.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at the Enneagram
    Type 1 and type 5 both become extroverted with proper growth, either to 7 or 8.

It is like Expat said in his Egram thread: being more and more comfortable with the static state around you, you can transfer that into extroversion. IME, the more refined (refining in a way that is conducive to growth and progress, and healthy change) you make your static state (which starts as introverted), the more you can carry that into everything else you do.

...... as I said:

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    IMO, the real power of is completely neutralizing everything. Then it's just a matter of doing that and figuring out what you want to do, after everything has been neutralized. There are no extremes or things in the way, no obstacles.

Sooner or later, "introversion" fades away, and it's just a matter of "well, what do you want to do now?"
    It is increasingly becoming this way for me.
    IJ is a building process, more so than other types, and I would say especially so for dominants.

Speaking for , or more so LIIs, the further you really go into the less differentiations there really are. And if you ever heard of taoism or Buddhism, and understand the notion of "sticking to the middle", that even more so points at this. A lot of it is experiencing it beyond trite theoretical approval.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: fuck the IJ mindset

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    is it just me or does it seem to be the most deleterious when taken to an extreme? the only thing that I can see that is favorable about it is the ability to regulate the amount of influence others exert on you, the ability to galvanize oneself, the ability to build/tear down very strong associations, and the deviation of mind/uniqueness of thought (which granted can be just as shitty). anyone see any advantages? I think Ji was surpassed by Je over the past 200 years or so but I think that Pe is beginning to take over right now. Comments?
    cure for the extreme IJ mindset = get out the door.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stefana
    Get out the door? What, you mean like taking out the screws and hinges of the door?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Get out the door? What, you mean like taking out the screws and hinges of the door?
    no, that's not what i meant. and i was lazy in explaining it in many sentences. what i meant was go out once in a while. get something done. don't keep to yourself all the time...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

get something done.
    Or get your dual to do it for you.

(just kidding)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not asking for a "solution." i have already derived that. i was asking "waht the fuck is beneficial about this?" and "why do we delude ourselves with valuing all mindsets equally when some of them are just shit?" nevermind. i should just talk to myself

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why do we delude ourselves with valuing all mindsets equally
    is that an IJ thing?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Pedro is subconsciously looking for the Fe-ESFj response.

(semi-kidding)

anyway, I don't think there is any real better or worse to the functional orderings. You've got to use your own stuff and make it work, and that's that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    I think Pedro is subconsciously looking for the Fe-ESFj response.
    Actually that would be a fair assessment.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    is that an IJ thing?
    no it is an /socionics thing. like isfjs are just as valuable as entps or whatever. who knows? maybe they aren't. i think all of the types are shitty? we need to grow beyond this. i guess that is just the nature of social progression though, you have someone noting correlations between different traits and it turns into "such and such behaves in such and such a manner" until it is shown to be false and the system collapses under its own weight and people say "fuck this! it's all bullshit! i'm not going to repeat the cycle." then a new progression starts

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see it as levels.

How people commonly use their minds now is relatively captured by socionics. Throw in a study of awareness from a zen or even eckhart Tolle sort of perspective, and you see beyond and below socionics even more clearly. Socionics is relative to the mental constructs we develop through interacting, but in no way is it the end all to everything.

socionics just addresses one 'level' or one 'stage', imo. one aspect.

to speak from within socionics, I think it would be hard for people who don't know very well (like ESFjs stereotypically) to find socionics applicable, whereast Ti types can very easily see that socionics is just one aspect, one part of reality so to say. Or one theory attempting to address one part of reality.

Socionics is a tool. Like any tool, its usefulness is dependent upon the surrounding context.

And especially relevant to socionics, it is like martial arts practice or any other study: and that is, after you practice and study it, it becomes ingrained in how you view things. You become "Conscious" of it, and it is ingrained even into your processed cosciousness - it becomes a part of you even when you are not thinking about it. But when you get there, the process doesn't stop Your mind simply doesn't shut off working -- !! jobs done, that's all; of course not.

But then you go on and grow, having that further information inside you. New layers and so on.

Also, I think in comparisson to our bodies, our mind has developed very fast. And yet.............

when I look at the people around me, including myself, I see animals, monkeys, apes. Living in their environment. Wearing skins on their backs, tribal patterns. Art History Class, has much really changed? Am I still just acting like every other human that ever was?

There seems to be a lot of lingering past influence.
    We are exploring a great great deal, and technology has afforded us that possibility. But where we are at, the Sjs and the S levels, the now, is still lingering quite a bit. For the first time ever we have been able to look so far with , and determine where we are in relation to where we could be.

eh, more later maybe

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ixxj's make me question myself, while most other types don't phase me. I like them for it. Sorry I can't support the Ij hating
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's nothing.

You're just as inconsequential as everyone else.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clover
    Ixxj's make me question myself, while most other types don't phase me. I like them for it. Sorry I can't support the Ij hating
    What's your type Clover?
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.