Thread: Type relationships and smell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type relationships and smell

Ive slept with some girls and noticed that my dual smells best.
    I want to absorb her smell (her hair, nec etc), sit into it, i want to taste it, eat it - im crasy about it. It never was thatlike before.

Is this fortuity? Anyone noticed the same?
    ISTj

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type relationships and smell

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian
    Ive slept with some girls and noticed that my dual smells best.
    I want to absorb her smell (her hair, nec etc), sit into it, i want to taste it, eat it - im crasy about it. It never was thatlike before.

Is this fortuity? Anyone noticed the same?
    How do you know that she is your dual first of all? I have no preference for my duals smell, but I like their hair (the female ones).
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could be pheromones, but I like all girls' smell that I sleep with.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pheromones. I love my husband's smell and he's not my dual. I've also been around other guys that I'd been attracted to, but as soon as I smelled their pheromones, the attraction was instantly gone, never to return.
    I remember sitting in crowded classrooms in university and being able to smell guys all around me. Sometimes it was so strong I'd feel sick, but women's sense of smell increases with an increased production of progesterone, so that could have had something to do with it.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there was one girl ive slept with whos smell i dislike and all girls ive slept with smell different, i like it more or less.
    But im at least 21 and didn't got that much experience because of that im asking here. Its my first dual and just like ive said im getting crasy about it.

Also my mom is, so i think, my conflict partner and i hate her smell she's even kinda stinky.

There are also male friends whitch smell i like more or less (withou perfume)
    ISTj

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's possible that we can tell if someone would be biologically a good person to produce offspring with by their smell. There are many, many ways people can be (or not be) compatible.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while it might make sense from a darwinian perspective, stuff like this is probably coincidental.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm, yes I noticed some things in this area. I think this is more of an individualistic thing, but there might be something here.

Maybe it is just the type you are used to, but for me it is ENFj, sometimes INFp or ISFp, ISFj, and sometimes ESFp.

ENTp btw
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love girls that are wearing Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana OMG hottest smell in the universe. If there was an ISFJ wearing that...yeah...drool.
    ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    it might make sense from a darwinian perspective
    That's sorta what I was getting at. The problem with that though is that I've loved the smell of a guy who was physically very unhealthy because of a hereditary condition and had asperger's (meaning that my own tendencies towards autistic spectrum disorders, while not clinical, would make it much more likely that our offspring would be autistic)... though he was extremely intelligent.
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to be fair, one example that you believe doesn't fit well is hardly evidence to the contrary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbean
    INFp or ISFp, ISFj, and sometimes ESFp.

ENTp btw
    <speculation>
    Those types are all F types while you are ENTp, could it have anything to do with that?
    </speculation>
    How is T in this composition involved in affecting external-physical stimulation? What is physically flowing in and also out of T in this composition? Or is this all bullshit?
    Could there be a link to smell?

Socionic is able to say how our mind is dealing with information witch its given by our sins. So its also able to tell how our mind is interpreting/dealing with smell and taste.

It also works with hearing - a type who likes to talk loud in some situations an antoher type who talks quiet in the same situation makes them more or less sympathetic.
    ISTj

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    to be fair, one example that you believe doesn't fit well is hardly evidence to the contrary.
    This is true. Overall I tend to think the theory is likely correct (at least to some extent) in spite of my experience with that guy.
    SEE

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno. I watched this documentary once. And it said that everyone has a preference of smells. Eh. And when looking for a mate, subconsciously/consciously, we find a scent we like.
    I remember this having to do with genes or the immune system. Something like that. That we tend to find someone whose immune system would be "balanced" when we have children.
    Eh. Don't think I did a good job explaining it, but it was something like that.
    I don't think it's type related.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, that's pretty much what I'm talking about
    SEE

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorian
    INFp or ISFp, ISFj, and sometimes ESFp.

ENTp btw
    <speculation>
    Those types are all F types while you are ENTp, could it have anything to do with that?
    </speculation>
    How is T in this composition involved in affecting external-physical stimulation? What is physically flowing in and also out of T in this composition? Or is this all bullshit?
    Could there be a link to smell?

Socionic is able to say how our mind is dealing with information witch its given by our sins. So its also able to tell how our mind is interpreting/dealing with smell and taste.

It also works with hearing - a type who likes to talk loud in some situations an antoher type who talks quiet in the same situation makes them more or less sympathetic.
    There might be a couple of variations in this. There could be a developmental component, for example, in a relationship you expect what you could get out of your dual.

Alright, let me try to put this in a better way:

If you look for your dual unconsciously, and find another type, that you will get to know and is comfortable to you, you will recognize that smell as good.

There are also other functions that may get developed over time and begin to become stronger. When this happens you might not react to other people (Socionics) the same way had you not undergone that development. For example, for me, I do not feel much of a difference between and Fe type; although I know that they are all different. My Se is strong and pretty balanced for an ENTp. For most ENTp’s Se are not balanced when using this aspect of themselves.

Yeah, I know I complicated this, that’s psychology.

duality could be called the relationship of laziness, whether or not duals produce better children, I am not sure. It would be difficult to discuss this because we do not have the information I think is needed to really figure this out. Interesting speculation though
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."
    --Theodore Roosevelt

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    -- Mark Twain

"Man who stand on hill with mouth open will wait long time for roast duck to drop in."
    -- Confucius

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

duality could be called the relationship of laziness
    Well put. I'm a big fan of laziness--it keeps you focused on what's really important.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you people are dogs
    asd

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are also other functions that may get developed over time and begin to become stronger. When this happens you might not react to other people (Socionics) the same way had you not undergone that development. For example, for me, I do not feel much of a difference between and Fe type; although I know that they are all different. My Se is strong and pretty balanced for an ENTp. For most ENTp’s Se are not balanced when using this aspect of themselves.
    Same here. My Ne is pretty strong, so I can't see much difference between my relations with Fe-ISFp and Fe-INFps.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm hijacking ur thread for a sec.

sensitivity to olfactory stimulation (or discerning between olfactory stimulation), how (un)related to type is that?

On the one hand, it seems to me to be irrelevant and rather connected to receptors that have got nothing to do with type.

OTOH, a part of me might still be ignorant and tempted to link it to Si....

if this incites any respones, i'll start a different thread

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say one thing, those AXE commercials are true.

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I will say one thing, those AXE commercials are true.
    uhh, haven't seen any....

and if those (whateva') commercials were true, what'd that mean and how'd it pertain to my question?