Thread: Type my new friends?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type my new friends?

Lately, I've been spending a lot of time around these two:

Alpha or Delta. The boy is definitely an introvert, and I'm pretty sure the girl is, too.

When I first saw the girl, I recognized my old self in her. She had her head buried in her work, occasionally looking up when people were having fun around her. Her expression suggested that she wanted to join in the fun, but was too shy to draw attention to herself. I also identify with her fashion sense, which isn't all that great: I once saw her wearing an outfit that reminded me of pyjama. She interacts in the same way that I do with a friend of mine: she opens up and becomes playful in a childish way. The sense of humour probably comes from watching too much anime. She's also the only one who complains about the temperature almost as much as I do. Actually, she's so much like me, I sometimes wonder if she's going to become my replacement But she's much less brash and loud than I am.

I also recognize myself in the boy, but not as much. It's evident that his strengths are my weaknesses, and maybe vice versa. He often helps other people with their homework, explaining things patiently. He tends to study with a lot of space to himself, and often listens to rock music while he studies. Like me, he seeks out secluded areas when the surroundings get too crowded and noisy, and he likes to study at the back row. His face lights up when he sees me joking around, though of the three of us, his expressions are the most awkward. Before we became acquainted, he once helped me turn on the air conditioner when I was having trouble finding the switch. And a few days ago, when my teacher bought a lamp for me, he provided some helpful comments when I boldly -- and clumsily -- tried to set it up, and even helped me put the parts back into place after I dismantled it. Speaking of which, he has a tendency to appear out of nowhere: he's managed to shock me a couple of times with his way of creeping up on me

I only started approaching him after I saw him making tea, the process of which I found utterly fascinating I had discovered some ants in the tea before, which I disliked, so I volunteered to help him scoop the ants out. He's usually the one in charge of making the tea, so now my habit is to strike up a conversation whenever I catch him at the ritual. Since he's friends with the girl, I became friends with her as well. She asks me to download some anime for her, and we occasionally lapse into a discussion on the topic... I've also been burning a lot of CDs for their listening pleasure. He took an instant liking to Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know", and even asked me for the lyrics, which I translated for him

Well, that's all for know.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Type my new friends?

Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    Lately, I've been spending a lot of time around these two:

Alpha or Delta. The boy is definitely an introvert, and I'm pretty sure the girl is, too.

When I first saw the girl, I recognized my old self in her. She had her head buried in her work, occasionally looking up when people were having fun around her. Her expression suggested that she wanted to join in the fun, but was too shy to draw attention to herself. I also identify with her fashion sense, which isn't all that great: I once saw her wearing an outfit that reminded me of pyjama. She interacts in the same way that I do with a friend of mine: she opens up and becomes playful in a childish way. The sense of humour comes from watching too much anime. She's also the only one who complains about the temperature almost as much as I do. Actually, she's so much like me, I sometimes wonder if she's going to become my replacement But she's much less brash and loud than I am.

I also recognize myself in the boy, but not as much. It's evident that his strengths are my weaknesses, and maybe vice versa. He often helps other people with their homework, explaining things patiently. He tends to study with a lot of space to himself, and often listens to rock music while he studies. Like me, he seeks out secluded areas when the surroundings get too crowded and noisy, and he likes to study at the back row. His face lights up when he sees me joking around, though of the three of us, his expressions are the most awkward. Before we became acquainted, he once helped me turn on the air conditioner when I was having trouble finding the switch. And a few days ago, when my teacher bought a lamp for me, he provided some helpful comments when I boldly -- and clumsily -- tried to set it up, and even helped me put the parts back into place after I dismantled it. Speaking of which, he has a tendency to appear out of nowhere: he's managed to shock me a couple of times with his way of creeping up on me

I only started approaching him after I saw him making tea, the process of which I found utterly fascinating I had discovered some ants in the tea before, which I disliked, so I volunteered to help him scoop the ants out. He's usually the one in charge of making the tea, so now my habit is to strike up a conversation whenever I catch him at the ritual. Since he's friends with the girl, I became friends with her as well. She asks me to download some anime for her, and we occasionally lapse into a discussion on the topic... I've also been burning a lot of CDs for their listening pleasure. He took an instant liking to Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know", and even asked me for the lyrics, which I translated for him

Well, that's all for know.
    Boy - ISTp?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Girl - IEI? Boy - ILI?
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESDFSDFSF

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you, FDG

I had suspected ISTp, but I found it difficult to believe. I was actually pondering the possibility of INTj, despite the fact that he is different from my boss, whom I avoid to the best of my ability. It's strange how I've been assuming the role of an extravert in my interactions with the boy. I'll have to think about this very carefully

Update:
    Today, after he returned from running errands for my teacher, he handed me a button that had fell from my coat near the staircase. I didn't even notice that it was missing (happens all the time -- I lost a glove of mine only a few weeks ago, and I still don't have a clue where I dropped it ), so I was very surprised to discover that he noticed me enough to recognize the button
    Later on, I was able to return the favour by extricating him from a difficult situation which involved a very bored girl with whom he wasn't acquainted:

<Boy emerges from another room to refill his cup of tea>
    <Girl rushes at him>

Girl: I'm booooooored~ Play with meeeeeeee~
    <Boy responds with nothing more than an awkward smile while he waits for the tea fill>
    Girl (encircling and hugging him): Come on~ Play with meeeee~
    <Boy ignores her, darting helpless looks at me instead>
    Me (distracts the girl, who shows no intention of leaving him alone): All right, I'll play with you.
    Girl: I don't want to play with you.
    Me: Are you accusing me of being no fun!? Let me teach you a new game...
    <Boy flashes a smile at me and goes back into the room>

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only other possibility I see, is ISTj. Because he seems to help you in sensing matters, and you seem to help him in feeling matters, don't you think?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raisonpure demonstrates Te dual seeking- what with the wires and not knowing how to make things happen. The boy is INTp.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    The only other possibility I see, is ISTj. Because he seems to help you in sensing matters, and you seem to help him in feeling matters, don't you think?
    Yes, that much is true.

I highly doubt he's ISTj, though. As absurd as this sounds, he doesn't permeate the unnerving toughness and coldness that ISTjs make me feel from meters away. His mannerisms may be hilariously awkward, but his warmth can be felt through the silent deeds of kindness that he does for the people around him. He isn't forceful or suspicious, either. If he was made of nerves of steel, he would've shrugged the little girl off with a firm "No" instead of remaining rooted to the spot

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    Raisonpure demonstrates Te dual seeking- what with the wires and not knowing how to make things happen. The boy is INTp.
    Why not ISTp, me thinks. I agree with the Te-dual-seeking comment, but the boy's help did seem to be centered around sensorics more so than intuition, especially in regards to the Tea-scene.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with sensorics doesn't mean putting things together-- it would mean help with how you look, and feel physically.

Also, that guy has no physicality whatsoever. He looks geeky. This will sound harsh but most men who look geeky or awkward are intuitors. Because looking geeky and awkward usually means looking like you don't have confidence in your appearance.
    asd

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with sensorics doesn't mean putting things together-- it would mean help with how you look, and feel physically.

Also, that guy has no physicality whatsoever. He looks geeky. This will sound harsh but most men who look geeky or awkward are intuitors. Because looking geeky and awkward usually means looking like you don't have confidence in your appearance.
    Heathy are you ESFP after all? Your comment above seems very reasonanble.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian

Heathy are you ESFP after all? Your comment above seems very reasonanble.
    I don't think I am an introvert. I think ISTj as a possibility. I'm not afraid to say what others are too shy to say.

Also. I'm editing my last statement about geeky = intuitor. Let's say looking geeky has a somewhat strong correlation with being an intuitor.

This board needs to shed it's innocence.
    asd

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mmh allright. You're right about this.

I don't know though, they seem to be fairly young.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG

I don't know though, they seem to be fairly young.
    I think this a real problem typing people. They aren't displaying their complete physicality.
    asd

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somewhere only we know is a damn good song
    ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence