ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Types taking up the values of the dual

Hey party people

How do you think this stuff happens?

For example, an ESTp would try to find an overarching purpose/sense of identity for his life
    An INFp would be challenging the status quo
    An ENTp...would become graceful and diplomatic?
    An ENTj...would become coscentious and assertive?

so on
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An ESTj... would become more empathetic, and generous with his precious time to the unfortunates and sorries who need it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think meeting and having an association with your dual will help you develop some of those qualities. This is especially true for extraverted types who tend to take in more qualities and ideas of others and turn them into actions. I think introverts are usually more set in their ways and don't absorb as much from other people, but they understand others better.
    asd

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Types taking up the values of the dual

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Hey party people

For example, an ESTp would try to find an overarching purpose/sense of identity for his life

so on
    Funny you should post this, as I was thinking about this very issue for the past week. How does one type attempt to emulate and express the dual functions in the non-presence of the dual and activity types? Then why do they try and exert themselves in these weaker functions?
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Types taking up the values of the dual

Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Hey party people

so on
    Funny you should post this, as I was thinking about this very issue for the past week. How does one type attempt to emulate and express the dual functions in the non-presence of the dual and activity types? Then why do they try and exert themselves in these weaker functions?
    If the dual is not present in any area of the person's life, then I agree that it is indeed difficult because it is hard to get an idea of something you have never seen nor heard about. So, since actually dual and activity are more than 10 percent out of the total types (assuming an uniform distribution, for the sake of simplicity), we can say that it is pretty likely to meet a dual or an activity partner in one area of a person's life, at least.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. I wonder what the distribution of types in the population looks like? That would probably be important. Has anyone come up with an answer to this before? If not I have an idea.
    ENTp

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having been spendning the vast majority of my time recently with two activity partners, an identical, and a dual, I can definitely say that I have noticed legitimate differences in my abilities or awareness related to things that I attribute to Si.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe whatever you are consciously aware of you choose in terms of utility analysis.

Being with your dual makes being aware of other functions much better -- it's the optimal situation for it, because the person is not necessarily threatening you.

But I think you can do that around anyone if you pay attention. An LII probably won't find it beneficial to 'learn directly' the ways of an SEE, no, but the SEE can still provide demonstrations and awareness of useful things.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not have regular contact with my dual at all nor have close relations with any, but I did have regular contact with my activity partner. I wouldn't say that relations were close until much later but those could be outside factors. Anyway I wanted to say that i don't think that i needed to see my dual in order to act like or strive to act like one. I think that you have at least some of the values of your dual already... but I do agree that it might be hard to translate that to outside action. Is that what was meant by the posters?

It seems that when i am in a group situation I go into hyper hostess mode (if noone else steps up to the plate, but I could be misjudging the need for someone to step up). It does drain me a little though but it sort of excites me at the same time. A handful of people have also told me that I am quite ISFp-ish. Who knows maybe it was the influence of the ISFp in my life? I don't really have a conscious thought that someone influenced the way I am though, or if they did, that it is socionics related. Only when I was able to systematize behaviors was I able to better see the value of certain ones and then be able to "try to emulate" them.