Thread: Type my finance professor

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type my finance professor.

He looks like Tom Hanks when he doesn't smile. He's very expressive. He talks fast. Attending his lectures is like watching Jim Carrey doing a show. No kidding. His big smile actually looks like his, too. He's worked IRL before and his stories are just very interesting. He is the kind of person that can make ordinary events sound interesting.And, he is so so much like Carlson in "Queer Eye" and Austin Scarlett in "Project Runway 1".

My prof is very image conscious. He is also very organized. He has very good time managment skills.

I am thinking.... ENFj. What do you think?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    ENTj.
    ya
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    ENTj.
    ya
    ditto!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought his expressiveness would make him an Fe dominant. Care to explain why he's Te dominant instead?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see him as both ENTj and ENFj from your description, actually.

Something pointing towards ENTj: you say he's image-conscious. An ENFj is in principle far more image-conscious, but, paradoxically, I'd expect him to be so adept at it by now, in his role as professor, that you'd be more likely to notice an ENTj being concerned with that. It's the same phenomenon with Tony Blair, who's an image-conscious ENTj and this is still painfully obvious after decades as a professional politician. Nobody would notice that about the "professional" image-makers Reagan and JFK (ENFjs IMO).

So he looks more like an ENTj who's comfortable with being a professor and going into emotion-creating mode when lecturing, but his Fe role still makes it visible that he's image-conscious.

I wouldn't discard ENFj, though.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys will have to excuse my poor english. By "image-conscious", I mean he dresses well.

My first econ prof is an ENTj. He makes us call him prof. even though he doesn't even have a PhD. And unlike my finance prof, the ENTj econ prof is far less comedian-like although he enjoys running "show" in front of 500 audience several times a week. My EN*j finance prof acts like Jim Carrey in movies like "Liar Liar" sometimes.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for complicating it further.

Questions:

1) What about ENTp for your finance prof?
    2) Is ENTj the only type you could see for your econ prof? To insist on being called "prof" especially if it could be argued that he doesn't deserve it doesn't seem particularly ENTj to me (although is not strong evidence against it either).

Correct me if I'm wrong but perhaps you're given too literal interpretation to the "actor" ENFj. ENFjs are "actors" in the sense that they are concerned with the image they are projecting in the longer term, not because they tend to obviously seem to be acting. On the contrary, you won't even notice that a highly intelligent and healthy ENFj is "acting".
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sara
    You guys will have to excuse my poor english. By "image-conscious", I mean he dresses well.

My first econ prof is an ENTj. He makes us call him prof. even though he doesn't even have a PhD. And unlike my finance prof, the ENTj econ prof is far less comedian-like although he enjoys running "show" in front of 500 audience several times a week. My EN*j finance prof acts like Jim Carrey in movies like "Liar Liar" sometimes.
    Actually...ENFjs are more likely to need to be called prof than ENTjs. (Aristocracy vs Democracy).
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Quote Originally Posted by sara

Actually...ENFjs are more likely to need to be called prof than ENTjs. (Aristocracy vs Democracy).
    Yup. Moreover, ENTjs are not necessary less comedian-like. They can be quite mercurial too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks all for the input.