Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intense. I do too.
    ENTp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting as always. But you seem to use the terms in two different ways. Your first diagram associates your terms with the functions:

Definitions = T
    Implications = N
    Impressions = F
    Sensations = S

In your second diagram, you use the same terminologies to refer to the 'information elements' which in Socionics are supposed to serve as subatomic-particles, so to speak, to the functions. Interestingly, these may also be seen as related to clubs. Hence, in this one:

Defined = S&T
    Implied = N&F

However, you don't recycle impressions and sensations; here, instead you have:

Involved = S&F
    Detached=N&T

I agree that the common understanding of the adjectives seems to fit well in both diagrams. However, how it's confusing that "definitions" is the same as T, but that "defined" relates to both S and T; and that "implications" is the same as N, but "implied" relates to both N and F.

For clarity, I would recommend abandoning the 1st diagram and the part of the last page that refers to it, or else explaining why you're recycling terms to mean something different.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    Interesting as always. But you seem to use the terms in two different ways. Your first diagram associates your terms with the functions:

Definitions = T
    Implications = N
    Impressions = F
    Sensations = S

In your second diagram, you use the same terminologies to refer to the 'information elements' which in Socionics are supposed to serve as subatomic-particles, so to speak, to the functions. Interestingly, these may also be seen as related to clubs. Hence, in this one:

Defined = S&T
    Implied = N&F

However, you don't recycle impressions and sensations; here, instead you have:

Involved = S&F
    Detached=N&T

I agree that the common understanding of the adjectives seems to fit well in both diagrams. However, how it's confusing that "definitions" is the same as T, but that "defined" relates to both S and T; and that "implications" is the same as N, but "implied" relates to both N and F.

For clarity, I would recommend abandoning the 1st diagram and the part of the last page that refers to it, or else explaining why you're recycling terms to mean something different.
    after posting it, i noticed that i'd forgotten to put the involved/detached implied/defined labels on the first diagram

however, my laptop needed recharging, and i am running into issues with that. so currently, i don't have access to my laptop nor to the images to alter, etc.

as for recycling terms...
    i, personally, would rather use the term "explicit" rather than "defined" and "form" rather than "definition", however, some people seemed to be responding better to "defined" instead of "explicit" so I had to go with that.

also, my vocabulary is fairly limited, and as always, i hope that if i point someone into the direction i'm thinking, they'll be able to offer me terms that may better fit or be more acceptable. irregardless of the terminology, the concepts are what I'm trying to point towards.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems quite promising. I'll comment on it tomorrow.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is what that first graphic should have included:

(yes, i know, funky shape)

a chat transcript between a friend of mine and i regarding static/dynamic:

Ann Delise: i finally figured something out to help me distinguish the dynamic Xi from the static Xi
    Ann Delise: in that one attempt of mine to get people to help work on translating a chart, it had S, N as continuous and F, T as discrete/divided
    Ann Delise: so when it comes to relationships, Fi and Ti are discrete relationships; Ni and Si are continuous relationships
    Ann Delise: discrete relationships sounds more static than continuous relationships
    Ann Delise: though i'm still having issues with "continuous objects" = static; "discrete objects" = dynamic ???
    [friend]: yes ... dynamic might be continuous (like an analog signal) and static might be discrete (like a digital signal) .... I have no idea what a "continuous object" is though
    Ann Delise: it makes sense for the relationships, thought, right?
    [friend]: no, not really .... but I don't understand the object/relation thing
    Ann Delise: hmmm, i wonder if a continuous object would be something that is expected to ..last...a long time...say a situation, or a person, etc. while a discrete object would be something that is expected to only last a short time..say a spark, or a brief signal
    [friend]: or vice versa
    Ann Delise: i can't see it vice versa
    [friend]: well, my monitor is an object ... it is a discrete entity ... I can see the boundaries that define the object ... at the same time it exists continually in that state
    Ann Delise: ah, k
    [friend]: I mean, the shape of the object will be the same tomorrow as it is today
    [friend]: hopefully ... you never know when it might get tossed out a window
    Note: upon checking after the conversation, (and after making the diagram) the translation had been
    N, S = continual'nost' (integrity);
    F, T = discretion (divisibility)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp