Quote Originally Posted by Joy
Let's say you're talking to some casual acquaintance and they do something that you don't like... and it's enough that you'll actually avoid them whenever you reasonably can from that point on. What did they do?

My answers are:

1.) Touch me.
2.) Flirt with or hit on me.

More so the latter. There aren't many other things that people can say to get me to not want to talk to them anymore.
I guess it's different if you mean that you don't like being hit on or flirted with by people you already know, that would change my train of thought in a second from what I'm reading and writing here, but...

Contrary to popular belief, the internet is not the only place to find a person to have a relationship with these days. I mean, how does one express that they like or want to get to know someone without that initial flirt or attempt to hit on them? How can you not like someone that's just, in a sense, "trying to get to know you?" It would be wierd to just walk up to someone in a store and, without saying anything else, ask them out on a date. That kinda messes with what's socially normal in this day and age doesn't it? but as I said, I think you may be just talking about people you already know so this paragraph may not need to mean anything anyway.

as to the topic of this thread, there's no better way to keep me from talking to you than by embarrassing me (not jokingly) and actually meaning to do it. If it's done for fun and I can see the humor in it, I don't mind.