Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Examples of Deltas

Hi,

According to this page:

http://socionics.us/celebrities/iee.shtml

Michael J. Fox is ENFp. Just out of curiosity, I decided to investigate about his wife (Tracy pollan):

The ABCs of Tracy Pollan's Relationships

Tracy does not appear to be an intensely emotional or sentimental person, and she is often unaware of her own or other people's deeper feelings and emotional needs. Tears and tantrums bewilder her and make her very uncomfortable. Tracy Pollan would rather settle differences by talking things out reasonably and rationally, but she tends to ignore or poke fun at any attempt to probe her own or others' inner depths.

Tracy Pollan avoids heavy, demanding emotional relationships and is wary of making personal commitments.

She needs ample mental stimulation and feels close to people with whom she can share thoughts and intellectual interests. Conversation is very important to Pollan. The strong, silent partner is not for her.

Tracy Pollan may have done extensive traveling in her early years, or in some way had a background which enables her to understand and identify with many different types of people or cultures.

Pollan has a craving for things which are far away and foreign or for things she has never experienced before. Tracy Pollan wants to completely immerse herself in the feelings and tastes of a new place, rather than simply have facts or an intellectual appreciation. Emotionally, too, Tracy is restless and something of a wanderer.

Pollan can be hard to get close to. Subconsciously she may feel that too much closeness in her relationships will interfere with doing what she needs to do and being her own person, so Tracy Pollan puts up subtle walls and distance herself when someone begins to want more of her than she can comfortably give. However, Pollan may cut off sources of emotional nourishment and support that way, and end up feeling alone and lonely. Tracy Pollan might even develop digestive problems. Overcoming her fears of intimacy, while at the same time affirming and acting on her autonomous needs, is the challenge here.

In addition to Tracy's rather introverted, serious or self-contained side, she has a wild streak and urge for emotional freedom that breaks through erratically. Tracy Pollan craves both stability and excitement, and the conflict between these two impulses can make Pollan rather tense and irritable. However, they can also balance each other out. Her freer and unpredictable side will now be described.

Her emotional attitudes and instincts tend to be quite liberal. Tracy Pollan does not want to be caged or dictated to, and she feels everyone is entitled to do as they please in their personal and emotional affairs. Pollan tends to surround herself with people who are unusual, creative, open-minded, unpredictable, restless, and changeable, and her relationships, with women in particular, may be somewhat unstable as a result. However, Tracy Pollan enjoys an element of surprise and unpredictability.

Her thinking and acting are strongly influenced by her feelings. Tracy has great mental energy, is somewhat restless, curious and impatient, and at times she may need to slow down. Tracy Pollan loves debate and argument and also has good writing ability.

Sensitive and sentimental, Tracy Pollan is deeply attached to her family, old friends, familiar places and the past. She is romantic and tender in love relationships, and it is of utmost importance to Pollan to remember birthdays, anniversaries, family rituals and other personally significant days. Tracy Pollan seeks caring, emotional support, and security in her love relationships. Tracy likes to be needed, as well as to cherish and protect her loved ones, of whom she is somewhat possessive.

Promoting beauty, the arts, or entertainment can make Tracy Pollan very happy. Tracy wants to contribute something positive and loving to the world at large and she wants to be recognized for her beauty, artistic gifts, or loving generosity. Tracy Pollan may "marry" her work - that is, being more involved in her career than in her private life. Pollan is a natural host or diplomat.

Money is liable to be an issue in her life, not because she does not have it, but because Tracy Pollan cannot or will not hold onto it. Tracy Pollan has a freehanded, generous, open attitude and would prefer to spend and enjoy and partake in the pleasures of the moment than to save, discipline or budget herself. At Pollan's worst, she wants an easy ride and friends will often let Tracy freeload because she is such an agreeable, friendly and pleasant sort. Alternatively, Pollan could let other people take advantage of her hospitality and tolerance.

Pollan also avoids confronting difficult issues in relationships simply because it is too much trouble or too petty. Tracy Pollan just wants to have a good time.

Tracy Pollan has a great rapport with the opposite sex, and love relationships, romance, and passion are absolutely vital to her well-being. It is rare for Tracy to go very long without an intimate companion. The physical component of relationships is also very important to Pollan. Artistic creations and projects are another way for Tracy Pollan to channel her passion.

Her romantic relationships tend to be deep, intense, passionate, and highly emotional. It is "all or nothing" with her. Oftentimes Tracy Pollan is irresistibly attracted to someone and feels that she has very little choice or control over her powerful feelings.

She may well be highly magnetic and sexually attractive herself. Tracy Pollan should beware of using this power to manipulate people, for she could gain the reputation of being a "user".
    It comes out of an astrology page...

http://www.topsynergy.com/famous/Tracy_Pollan.asp

However, ignore that for a moment and focus on the descriptive value of the text. It is remarable how accurate it is as describing her as a typical ISTp.

For those who don't know, MJF developed parkinson and TP has been deadly loyal to him, regardless of misfortunes. It shows, in real life, that a healthy duality couple, once established, is likely to be life-long.

It is also curious that the page mentions her relationship with Kevin Bacon. I'm not sure about his type (I guess ISTj), which shows that the natural tendency of people is to look out for similar persons first. That might explain why so many people considers marriage as negative thing, which MJF and TP clearly shows it is not if done properly.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are all actual, genuine, real life deltas, (although one is dead, and I have a feeling another is a la weekend at bernie's...)

The purpose of this "guide" is to give an accurate picture of how Deltas look/sound/feel psychologically in conversation.

Bob Dole -- LSE

Jeff Daniels -- SLI

Heather Locklear -- IEE

Fred Rogers -- EII

Last edited by silke; 07-11-2014 at 12:28 AM. Reason: updated video links

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

President Gerald Ford -- SLI

Last edited by silke; 07-03-2014 at 08:29 AM. Reason: updated video links

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
    Heather Locklear -- IEE
    Hell no! She's .
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, winterpark

if i said "the color yellow is yellow," what would you say? (i'm guessing, "no! it's purple!")

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched it and I do think she's IEE.

Irrelevant tangent: I have met David Letterman, and he's a really great guy.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    I feel as if IEEs wear their externally, it doesn't run deep.
    That sounds pretty much true.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i said "the color yellow is yellow," what would you say?
    I'd say you are retarded.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great... same thing you say to anyone who tries to explain Socionics to you...

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jerk

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please list some famous Deltas (anyone more current than, e.g., that guy who played MacGyver?)

ESTj -- George H.W. Bush

ENFp -- George Orwell; Michael J. Fox

INFj -- Abraham Lincoln

ISTp -- Ulysses S. Grant; the guy who played MacGyver

---

I just looked at Rick's old pages of famous deltas (emphasis on old--I'm not sure if he'd stand by the pages now,) and I'm beginning to understand why there's still confusion re: what's SLI vs. what's LSI ... Angelina Jolie, Vladimir Vytosky and John Goodman are listed as SLI... (Spencer Tracy is as well--and I haven't seen enough of him to know if he is, but his photos make me suspect that he's not... Gerard Depardieu as well.)

Jean Gabin is the only person on that page who looks like an SLI

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please list some famous Deltas (anyone more current than, e.g., that guy who played MacGyver?)

ESTj -- George H.W. Bush Te-ISTp

ENFp -- George Orwell; Michael J. Fox Fox, yes. Orwell, No

INFj -- Abraham Lincoln Can't be sure. Not the most obvious benchmark, assuming that's supposed to be the point of these worthless, uninformative threads of yours.

ISTp -- Ulysses S. Grant; the guy who played MacGyver Te-ESTj (for Grant)seems more likely based on VI, but close enough. Richard Dean Anderson is indeed Te-ISTp.

---

I just looked at Rick's old pages of famous deltas (emphasis on old--I'm not sure if he'd stand by the pages now,) and I'm beginning to understand why there's still confusion re: what's SLI vs. what's LSI ... Angelina Jolie, Vladimir Vytosky and John Goodman are listed as SLI... (Spencer Tracy is as well--and I haven't seen enough of him to know if he is, but his photos make me suspect that he's not... Gerard Depardieu as well.)

Jean Gabin is the only person on that page who looks like an SLI

Spencer Tracy is an obvious Te-ISTp. Depardieu looks Ep and Jolie and at least one or two others listed as SLI are Alpha irrationals. - DeAnte
    I agree that Rick is one of the shittiest typers known to man. I disagree completely with the assumption that you are any better. If you are attempting to offer real life examples of the Delta quadra sociotypes for purposes of creating a realistic view and understanding of them, which you ought not to be doing at all, then it would probably be best to include subtypes as well.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

m'kay ... i'm lookin for delta celebrities here...

delta celebrities...

anyone?

***el X Mercenary
    TIM
    Te-ISTp
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

George Bush is still famous?

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Goodman could easily be SLI.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimmy Kimmel - SLI?

Adam Carolla - LSE

Zach Galifinakis - someone said he was IEE
    The saddest ESFj

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rick's typings are actually very good, thought-out, and arrived at by simple observations of traits. jack black is probably delta.
    asd

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fear of sleep, those ppl are beta... (I don't know about the last guy, actually... he could be delta)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Jimmy Kimmel is such a douche. Cute, but a douche.

God all those men are douches.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert Irvine (LSE) from Dinner Impossible

Vinnie DiMartino (SLI) from American Choppers. (Don't know the girl's type)

Paul Teutul Sr (LSE) from American Choppers seems like a good typing too.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sereno View Post
    Paul Teutul Sr (LSE) from American Choppers seems like a good typing too.
    Haha! He's definitely an ESTx. Also, I think Paul Teutul Jr. could be ILE (or Ti SLE) and Michael Teutul IEE.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post
    I agree

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Winterpark View Post
    Haha! He's definitely an ESTx. Also, I think Paul Teutul Jr. could be ILE (or Ti SLE) and Michael Teutul IEE.
    I think he is more of a Beta. @ paul Sr.
    (D)IEE~FI-(C)SLE~Ni E-5w4(Sp/Sx)/7w8(So/Sp)/9w1(sp/sx)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno View Post
    1)
    A girl who I want to date, asks me: well first tell me how tall you are?
    My reply: well I will answer that, if you first tell me how much you weigh!

2)
    A girl I was dating said she was oh so great at sex etc, but she didn't do blowjobs.
    My reply: Oh I'm really romantic etc, I just will never take you out to dinner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath View Post
    Rick's typings are actually very good, thought-out, and arrived at by simple observations of traits. jack black is probably delta.
    I agree. Rick is one of the best typers. But the criticism Juju and DeAnte apparently have is that his types don't correspond with their concept of VI. Since I think Rick has said he doesn't tend to use VI as the primary tool for typing (at most, as a way to corroborate a hypothesis), then it's hardly suprising that his typings would not satisfy people whose primary emphasis is VI.

TIM
    EII 6w5
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 07490 View Post
    I think he is more of a Beta. @ paul Sr.
    I have a strong gut feeling that he's LSE . He reminds me of my bossy orchestra teacher haha.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BulletsAndDoves View Post

God all those men are douches.
    lol I was actually going off the fact that they are douches.
    The saddest ESFj

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Please list some famous Deltas
    Look here.

For example:
    ESTJ - Kevin Sorbo
    INFJ - Emily Watson
    ENFP - Mena Suvari
    ISTP - Charlie Sheen

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    George Bush is still famous?
    Yep, as ****** and both are ENFJs.

Question Possible deltas

Hey deltas,
    I feel that I'm a delta. Here are some celebrity I feel are delta too who i favor in expression and looks.
    hilary swank
    rachel ray
    america ferrera
    neve campbell
    keanu reeves
    oprah winfrey

I don't have a clue to which delta type I am.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Oprah is ISFp
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Ne-LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oprah is usually typed as EIE, although some have offered ESE based on her interactions with Tom Cruise and other videos. She's not Delta; she's probably Beta.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi

i think Rachel Ray is ESFj, although maybe you could say ESTj. What type did you think she was?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you think you are delta, and why is delta (or your quadra) more apparent than your type?

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    Hi

i think Rachel Ray is ESFj, although maybe you could say ESTj. What type did you think she was?
    I really abhor Rachel Ray and would be glad to type her as my conflictor. (Not that I dislike all LSEs. I like you completely fine). Also, did you know that she eats babies? She does. She should be a demon in B&D's story.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

Creepy-sarahdxwrappd

Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
    I really abhor Rachel Ray and would be glad to type her as my conflictor. (Not that I dislike all LSEs. I like you completely fine). Also, did you know that she eats babies? She does. She should be a demon in B&D's story.

lol.. uh, I can see Rachel Ray being LSE. she's not that bad. I like her ok. She's spunky.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum cwsparklingdazzy! Why don't you tell us a little more about yourself, what you like, what you dislike, what you're good at, what's hard for you, what your hobbies are so we can better pigeonhole you.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

I rather new to socionics. I always felt I had a knack at peg people personality by looking at them. Rachel Ray for instance seems to fit the socionics.com description of ENFp. I peg her as fun and loving to laugh. I always have felt I favor Oprah in personality. I have tons of picture that we share identical expression or mannerisms.

the feature I was group all those celebrity by was the tightness around the cheek and wide smile.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cwsparklingdazzy View Post
    I rather new to socionics. I always felt I had a knack at peg people personality by looking at them. Rachel Ray for instance seems to fit the socionics.com description of ENFp. I peg her as fun and loving to laugh. I always have felt I favor Oprah in personality. I have tons of picture that we share identical expression or mannerisms.

the feature I was group all those celebrity by was the tightness around the cheek and wide smile.
    Mkay, that's the image I had of ENFp's too when I first started studying socionics. But it's not quite right.

ENFp's don't value Fe. They love to laugh and are forthcoming with emotions, yes, but only when it serves Fi. Fi is ENFp's creative function. So Fe in service to the creative Fi may make ENFp more intermittent/reserved with their expressiveness than INFj even, I think. Wide smile tends to suggest Fe to me.

For ENFp, think Mick Trimming from Survivor.

Rachel Ray, honestly, I think is Fe-ego. And she tends to be like in-your-face, which seems more Se-valuing. So my verdict is EIE for her. Or i dont know, maybe ESE. . .

p.s. I thought about it a little more and I'm not sure if Rachel Ray's aggressive demeanor represents Se-valuing. And with her love for cooking and appreciating food, I think ESE fits really well actually. Or SEI. She fits the socionics.com physical description of the bouncy, fun type of SEI.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then, perhaps you are beta NF, ENFj or INFp, along with Oprah.
    I doubt Rachel Ray is ENFp, she seems like much more of an S type.

Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast