Thread: Examples of Deltas

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PinKDiGiT18 View Post
    Observation - the stronger the base subtype, the more that person actively implements their demonstrative in their activities. My hypothesis about it is that their HA and their PoLR are more developed (connected respectively to the Ignoring and Base), so they have a bit more “give” when pressured and expect the same from their duals. So Te-LSEs are using Se more conspicuously with less Si “cushioning” because they are oriented at Fi-EIIs, who can “take it.” Si-LSEs use it more often, but behind the scenes of Si so as to not hurt Ne-EII’s PoLR
    Funny, given the Cautious vs Bold dichotomy, I'd expect EII-Ne to have stronger Se and being able to "take it" as opposed to EII-Fi. It also seems way more logical that way. If I were to believe what you believe instead, I'd have to type myself EII-Ne like you do, which I know I'm not.
    Last edited by tuathe; 05-04-2021 at 11:39 AM.
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so
    tritype: 2-6-9

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@PinKDiGiT18

Taking the problem of high speculativity (including of the process as with VI) of existing typing methods, if you want to play in arguments about types - offer your opponent to explain his opinion or doubts. With some thinking it will be not hard to see and to point weak places of his arguments.

It's easier to reduce a possiblity of some types. But it's doubtful to explain a whole type by arguments with good objectivity.
    What is possibly now is to use matched results of independent methods and opinion sources as objective approach. If more tests and typers agree (independently!) - it's more possible trait/type from objective point.

I suppose Ti valued types have higher interest and trust to speculative games with behavior arguments possible today, as Te valued ones should notice better the lack of objectivity. It's also easier to logically convince F types, though they are easier to change later such opinions.

Also, there is significant chance of your mistake with today methods. It's more when you don't have good typing experience. When know not much about a human, what exists for the ones you do not know good personally and who did not do special typing questionnaires/tests.
    For types about famouses and public people you are doomed to have bad arguments due to lack of info - it's impossibly to type them with assurance by common behavior only. It's appropriate with intuitive VI which has no arguments to say to other human.

P.S.
    To identify types of famouses are needed good VI skills, what noobs have no. You just play here in a typing, same as in arguments.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuathe View Post
    Funny, given the Cautious vs Bold dichotomy, I'd expect EII-Ne to have stronger Se and being able to "take it" as opposed to EII-Fi. It also seems way more logical that way. If I were to believe what you believe instead, I'd have to type myself EII-Ne like you do, which I know I'm not.
    I don’t know, would it make sense for EII-Ne to have a dual of a sensory subtype if their sensory functions, including PoLR, were stronger? What I do see is that for creative subtypes, the PoLR is more conscious along with the creative - part of the reason it is very painful. The following statement is a conjecture, but it seems that because base subs are better able to focus on functions of the same orientation as their base (introverted in our case), the concept of a stronger PoLR (which in our case is extroverted) may be overlooked. But in my experience, the Fi-subtype is much more resilient when faced with pressure than the Ne-sub. Especially when the pressure is given in light of a Te aim. We Ne-subs are more likely to have a conniption fit when someone pressures us for any reason, even if for Te purposes. The presence of Si gentleness and nuance is non-negotiable for us.

To me, you are definitely EII-Fi - from the first time you quoted me your interjections and semantics have been very reflective of rational-subtype rational Delta dyad.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    you've probably seen this but: http://wikisocion.net/en/index.php?t...d_and_Ovcharov

what you've been saying is in this article

@PinKDiGiT18
    Thank you so much! I think I came across it before but it’s been a while and my baby Te never knows how to find stuff again. -facepalm-

It’s fascinating how our minds work. A lot of people are skeptical about socionics but it is such an awesome tool.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me, you are definitely EII-Fi - from the first time you quoted me your interjections and semantics have been very reflective of rational-subtype rational Delta dyad.
    Glad you see it as well But just like Ne-subs you describe, I'm also allergic to any form of pressure.
    EII-Fi
    2w3 sx/so
    tritype: 2-6-9

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Grisham, LSE

American writer, politician, lawyer, activist

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

His extended talk with Stephen King (my money is on SLE for him)
    looks like quasi-identical dialogue in front of a live audience.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skip ahead to the 12:00 mark to hear them talk.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been unduly obsessed with Astrid Bergés-Frisbey forever, and I am convinced she is LSE-Si.

Attachment 16805
    Revisiting my typing of this actress - found her listed as IEE-Fi in a gallery. If this is her correct typing, I had the Delta extrovert + introverted subtype part going. Some of her style of speaking and facial expressions do remind me of an IEE-Fi I knew.

She does demonstrate a certain diffidence that doesn't seem characteristic of a sensory type. I am thinking Sam Claflin, whom she acted with in Pirates of the Caribbean, may be SLI-Si.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tuathe View Post
    Are you calling competency basing typings on arbitrary stuff like one's facial features they have no control over, instead of taking a look at their actual personality? Wow, I haven't seen someone spew so much bullshit in one post in a loooong time.

Said the guy who after being into this typology for 10 years still makes rookie mistakes and types himself LSE when it's blatantly obvious to anyone watching is not the case. Besides, the only reason you have for accusing me of mistyping myself is because I told you off when you tried to convince me I must be something else but not an EII because I wasn't your dreamy INFP girl. You're ridiculous, as always.
    Don’t argue with sol
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII-Ne Sx/So 479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<3

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalinoche buenanoche View Post

<3

ESE, all day long.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    ESE, all day long.
    "I'm not really gay, I'm an attention-whore with Principles, dammit, and how dare you accuse me of being gay just because I dress like a woman? I'm fighting the good fight for the rights of all cross-dressers to be accepted for who they are.
    Plus, of course, I'm getting loads of attention."

TIM
    EII-Ne Sx/So 479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Benjamin Frew, IEE-Ne

TIM
    EII-Ne Sx/So 479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mat Watson, IEE-Ne

TIM
    EII-Ne Sx/So 479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tiësto, LSE-Si, harmonizing

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Ed Sheeran is EII. He has an Ne ego face. His music is often metaphorical, but also gentle, which makes me think Si-valuing > Se-valuing. Introvert with 4D Fi.

TIM
    EII-Ne Sx/So 479
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hes probably SEI

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I feel like Ed Sheeran is EII.

I never liked Ed Sheeran much so works for me. I always wondered why i didn't like him. It didn't seem like directly he was an asshole, but how he's constantly smiling maybe seemed jerk-ish and sociopathic or so nice it was actually mean sort of thing. I would agree Deltas are closest to God but God is also cruel and wrathful and vindictive and hateful as much as he is kind and loving and generous and all of that. Hail Satan bro.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cinema Therapy (therapist: IEE [-N stereotype])
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp in medical profession

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII-Ne

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEE in his natural state
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BandD View Post

I never liked Ed Sheeran much so works for me. I always wondered why i didn't like him. It didn't seem like directly he was an asshole, but how he's constantly smiling maybe seemed jerk-ish and sociopathic or so nice it was actually mean sort of thing. I would agree Deltas are closest to God but God is also cruel and wrathful and vindictive and hateful as much as he is kind and loving and generous and all of that. Hail Satan bro.
    Yeah, I can't stand the little bastard and his music. Can't bear to look at him long enough to tell if SEI or EII for sure, but probably the latter.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Track runner English Gardner is INFj

https://youtu.be/VkEcdLTU8bU
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

In the States, the public water supplies are sterilized by adding bleach (chlorine) to the water, which kills all the bacteria before the water is pumped to the end users.

I've read that in France, they inject ozone (oxygen-3) into the water, and it's just as effective at killing germs, but unlike bleach, it dissipates before you drink it.
    The argument for using bleach instead of oxygen to kill bacteria is that oxygen does dissipate rapidly and harmlessly in the lines, and thus is not effective at killing any bacteria in the water after it leaves the water treatment plant. Chlorinated water reaches your tap fully chlorinated.

Since I've read that all cancer starts from chlorine, the French seem to have a superior system.

George Leoniak
    Last edited by Kalinoche buenanoche; 07-22-2021 at 11:03 PM.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DEAD View Post
    Works for me. Everytime I see him, I want to punch his face and his music is all recycled garbage. He started this whole ginger guy has a guitar and thinks he's famous craze too. I don't know the whole point in his music, apart from the fact that it's marketable, and easy listening but when you desconstruct it, it's simple and most of it is inspired by someone else/samples remixed into some mish-mash of pop music played on a loop pedal for hours until it forms a structure and a song of some sorts.
    I think there’s a considerable amount of meaning in his songs, and that’s part of the reason for their popularity - I mean, you could make a judgment about me by it but I felt different portrayals in his lyrics resonated with some of my own experiences with grief, love, identity struggles, etc. If he is EII, he’s probably not even necessarily thinking about the quality or nuances of his instrumentals, but whether they accurately demonstrate his true sentiments or not - hence, a sound that is not as seemingly striking or original.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post
    This guy and I have the same look in our eyes. I happened to come across his picture as a video still for one of his novels and I was startled by the similarity of the eyes and the overall vibe. I googled to see what people say his type might be so that's what brought me to the old post.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The protagonist girl and boy are IEE/SLI. Most delta movie I have yet seen.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whisper_of_the_Heart

Joey Lott

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    The protagonist girl and boy are IEE/SLI. Most delta movie I have yet seen.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whisper_of_the_Heart
    Did you like it?

This is one of my favourites, from Studio Ghibli but with (fewer?) fantasy elements:

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle
    Did you like it?

This is one of my favourites, from Studio Ghibli but with (fewer?) fantasy elements:
    Yeah I have been able to enjoy the visuals of all the Ghibli films, the detail and realism of the environments. The ending was disappointing though because it left so many loose ends and didn’t have any ”meaning” to the story. The fantasy elements are allright, they mostly seem to be internally consistent and not purely narrative-driven and random. I haven’t seen that one linked yet.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Northstar I like how the locations can feel hum-drum but it takes a curious and open character (a childlike perspective seems right) to sense the hidden magic.

Such as following the path of a cat to see what it is up to, and finding yourself in a strange new place Also the scene with the library cards - noticing that someone else has borrowed the exact same books as you. Mystery is introduced where someone else would call it coincidence. That is what is special about the Ghibli movies, enough to make up for some loose ends

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    @Northstar I like how the locations can feel hum-drum but it takes a curious and open character (a childlike perspective seems right) to sense the hidden magic.

Such as following the path of a cat to see what it is up to, and finding yourself in a strange new place Also the scene with the library cards - noticing that someone else has borrowed the exact same books as you. Mystery is introduced where someone else would call it coincidence. That is what is special about the Ghibli movies, enough to make up for some loose ends
    Yeah I can see that, though I don't really pay attention to that part much. I like the realism of the locations and behaviors of people in them as well as the 'wholesome' vibe of them. It's a refreshing taste sometimes when all the characters are "what you see is what you get", as in simple, healthy and good deep down.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    It's a refreshing taste sometimes when all the characters are "what you see is what you get", as in simple, healthy and good deep down.
    What you see is only a part of anything. What you think is only a simplification.
    The mind operates by illusions about the reality. Those are not truth, just useful as models.

Michael Franzese

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Michael Franzese
    LSI