Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556
Results 2,201 to 2,203 of 2203

Thread: Examples of Deltas

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Northstar I like how the locations can feel hum-drum but it takes a curious and open character (a childlike perspective seems right) to sense the hidden magic.

Such as following the path of a cat to see what it is up to, and finding yourself in a strange new place Also the scene with the library cards - noticing that someone else has borrowed the exact same books as you. Mystery is introduced where someone else would call it coincidence. That is what is special about the Ghibli movies, enough to make up for some loose ends

TIM
    SLE-C 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thistle View Post
    @Northstar I like how the locations can feel hum-drum but it takes a curious and open character (a childlike perspective seems right) to sense the hidden magic.

Such as following the path of a cat to see what it is up to, and finding yourself in a strange new place Also the scene with the library cards - noticing that someone else has borrowed the exact same books as you. Mystery is introduced where someone else would call it coincidence. That is what is special about the Ghibli movies, enough to make up for some loose ends
    Yeah I can see that, though I don't really pay attention to that part much. I like the realism of the locations and behaviors of people in them as well as the 'wholesome' vibe of them. It's a refreshing taste sometimes when all the characters are "what you see is what you get", as in simple, healthy and good deep down.

Mentioned
    1223 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    It's a refreshing taste sometimes when all the characters are "what you see is what you get", as in simple, healthy and good deep down.
    What you see is only a part of anything. What you think is only a simplification.
    The mind operates by illusions about the reality. Those are not truth, just useful as models.
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6465253545556