- "There is nothing worse for the growth of a human being than not having obstacles and disappointments, and things go wrong. All of my greatest achievements have come out of failure."
- "It's not an accident. It's not luck, it's not fairy dust, it's not good genes. It's killing myself for an hour and a half, five days a week, but what I put into it. That's what I try to do in all areas of my life."
- "I'm hard on myself, so I'm working on shifting perspective toward self-acceptance with all my flaws and weaknesses."
- "I spend a good portion of my dinner-party conversation defending America because no matter what the political agenda, it's still a fantastic, amazing place."
- “I don’t want to be rich and I don’t want to be famous.”
VI fits well to other EII's and her current lifestyle has also been strongly influenced by previous circumstance.
Si Hidden Agenda
It took a major health scare eight years ago for Gwyneth Paltrow to realize that striving for the ‘perfect’ life was making her ill. Now, with a new cookbook inspired by the feel-good eating plan that helped her recovery, she tells Jane Gordon that today’s more relaxed Gwynnie is all about balancing the good and the naughty within.
- "I was a mess. I was vitamin-D deficient, I had anemia, I had thyroid issues, my liver was congested, I had hormonal imbalances and a benign tumor on my ovary that had to be removed – I mean, it was crazy. I knew it was time for change. It was my doctor and good friend Dr. Alejandro Junger who suggested(Si) I should clean out my system by following an elimination diet for 21 days."
- “You know, I use organic products, but I get [laser treatments]. It’s what makes life interesting, finding the balance between cigarettes and tofu.”
Valued Fi/Not Ne-Seeking
On why she doesn't get drunk:
- “I think they’re the idiot people and I’m the normal person. But I don’t really go to parties where…I don’t really have drunk friends. My friends are kind of adult; they have a drink. But they hold their liquor. I think it’s incredibly embarrassing when people are drunk. It just looks so ridiculous. I find it very degrading. I think, oh, you’re really degrading yourself right now, to be this pissed out in public.”
Let me know what you think though. I know she's super into health and wellness, in this case, I think it's mainly due to her experiences/trauma and the suggestions of others.