View Poll Results: What do we think Richard Dawkins' type is?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

3 60.00%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 20.00%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

1 20.00%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Richard Dawkins

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heres a question: what IS alpha about Dawkins? Superficial intellectual resemblence to Marx aside...

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe. But he is LSI. And, if not, perhaps EIE.

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being fervent/zealous/impassioned is unfortunately not specific to Beta.

Logos basically hit it on the head. Dawkins, like Chomsky also, is a modern day Marx (not in ideology, but in means). Its called ALPHA NT.
    The end is nigh

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ifmd95 View Post
    it's fine, but as far as the OP's question, i think what i distinguished is quite important (and what Gilly's saying goes hand in hand). the Marxes aren't spreading it and of the Alphas who do (an SF in the case of Tyson -- although you can probably find some NT with more pronounced Superids than Marx, in the same way Tyson uses both), they seem to use ethics in the process quite differently than Dawkins.
    Marx's goal was the spread of communism, but his ability to spread it was limited in part by the freedoms of his age. He also faced an uphill battle with his poor finances, so he spent most of his time relying upon the patronage of Engels. He did not just write and sit on it, but he wrote and disseminated pamphlets, newspapers, and books. Dawkins is presented with mass media and the internet with a much greater ability to disseminate his views. But both were quite proactive in actively seeking to spread their views.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
    Logos you can categorically reject or explain away everything, but in the end, type-relevant differences are beginning to pile up.
    Try your cheap rhetoric on someone else. Just because I have not accepted your typing as the right on face value alone, does not mean that I have categorically rejected anything as of yet. I am still examining the evidence, and I will do so in my own time. I have read the God Delusion, and when I have more time to devote myself to the matter, then I will review it again as well as other pertinent videos and articles.

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Marx more or less loved Capitalism as much as he hated it. Das Kapital is like the memoirs of a former lover. Marx lived in a society where capitalism was eliminating feudal society.

“The bourgeoisie, by the rapid improvement of all instruments of production, by the immensely facilitated means of communication, draws all, even the most barbarous nations, into civilisation.”

Sample a quote.

I don't think Dawkins gives his subject nearly this much leeway.
    I mentioned Marx because of his discussion on religion, which was again part of Ezra's original series of questions. Looking at them again:
    Would an Alpha waltz around making documentaries about how the human race must be purged of religion in order to progress? Would an Alpha make grandiose and sweeping claims about how religion is the cause of all war and everything that is wrong in the world, and name his endeavour The Root of All Evil?? Would an Alpha call his book The God Delusion?
    Yes an Alpha would do these things, because a number of prominent Alphas have done these things: Marx (ILE), Feuerbach (probable LII), Chomsky (Alpha NT), among others.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    A public figure may have a different face to the world than in private, so I'd still bet a penny or two (but not a full dime ) on xNTp.

But Dawkins has learned to market himself and his ideas by acting and expressing himself in a way that people relate to, so I guess there's an effect where people - including me - will tend to identify him as closely to themselves as plausible.

Actually SEE seems most plausible to me, after NTp of some sort.
    SEE and ILI both fail to account for Dawkins' friendship with Douglas Adams (ILE) and David Deutsch (ILE).
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mimosa Pudica View Post
    Really?? I don't know the guy, but I googled him, and watched a video. I admit I haven't spent a lot of time on him, but in that one video, I understand him perfectly, and I seldom understand the reasoning of LSEs. He makes sense, he argues in a way I follow effortlessly. I can understand LIEs well, but I doubt he's LSE. I also doubt he's Ni PoLR. Nor does he seem to have weak Fe. I think he's alpha or beta. Can't get closer without analyzing in more detail, though, and I don't have time for it now.

His opinions will probably color the opinions people have of his type.
    well the way he seems to be trying to make people look stupid through his "persuasion" that atheism is the way to go, based on outside evidence and support in a certain video i saw... just pisses me off. i see no reasoning... i only see him using statistics and stuff. just outside support everywhere in this one video. forgot which one. lol.

but anyway... i don't think i know enough to decide what i think his type might be. i was actually thinking LSI today, just because his type of stubbornness reminds me a lot of a girl who i'm farely sure is LSI... or possibly i'm just mixing up my perceptions? maybe they're both LSE or something and i'm getting it all wrong!

i am determined to figure it out.
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "If you can find out little melodies for yourself on the piano it is all very well. But if they come of themselves when you are not at the piano, then you have still greater reason to rejoice; for then the inner sense of music is astir in you. The fingers must make what the head wills, not vice versa."- Robert Schumann

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I think ILE for him from that interview.
    INFp

If your sea chart does not match reality, go with reality (Old mariner saying)

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default WONDERFUL VIDEO!

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't pretend to deeply understand the difference, but to me it seems that Dawkins presents his arguments in a manner that is structured in a very Ni and Te manner (as opposed to Ne and Ti).
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

TIM
    IEI 4 sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I won't pretend to deeply understand the difference, but to me it seems that Dawkins presents his arguments in a manner that is structured in a very Ni and Te manner (as opposed to Ne and Ti).
    that's what i thought his type was when i first saw a video of him-- only switched; i thought TeNi.

but i'm strangely intrigued/drawn to-- the more i watch videos of him-- to his ideas and explanations, and i'm dying to give rebuttal to a good number of his little "arguments," (for lack of a better phrase) that i feel he wouldn't be able to counter. is this a result of a dual sort of... siphoning out the kinks in his thought process?

or perhaps completely overbearing his idea-- arguing, like in a super-ego relation, if he were indeed ENTj, which my first instinctual notion leaned towards.

maybe i'm getting ahead of myself though
    it's a little overreaching to analyze for intertype relation with someone i haven't actually interacted with!
    Last edited by pluie; 05-12-2009 at 12:24 AM. Reason: changed "receptive" to "intrigued/drawn to"

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you read the God Delusion?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra View Post
    Have you read the God Delusion?
    No. I've seen Dawkins reading excerpts from it on youtube, though. I was mainly referring to the specific clip pluie linked to.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pluie View Post
    that's what i thought his type was when i first saw a video of him-- only switched; i thought TeNi.
    TeNi is my current impression also.
    Greetings, ragnar
    ILI knowledge-seeker

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gamma NT

no way he's an alpha type. I'm currently leaning a little more towards ILI though.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Banned
    TIM
    IEE-Ne cp684 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    At 3:57 the creationist woman says "science is almost like a religion; everyone must believe what the scientists say". Lol, no one has to believe what scientists say because scientists have proofs that you can look up yourself, science is empirical, they aren't preaching anything. However, if you start from a place of denial and dogma it's normal you would feel forced to believe what scientists have to say. But yea that's the kind of absurd arguments you have to face if you're Richie. I vote for ILE-Ne for Richard. Any Ni type would have been "Ok it's hopeless, just believe what you want" by now.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude is ILE.

His videos where he drinks tea and reads letters practically seals the deal.

Barely any logics of actions in Dawkins work. His Self Gene is practically massive a Ti exclusive non-fiction. Computer modelling is the best they've got for Darwinism specification.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE seems pretty apparent. Probably Normalizing subtype.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123