Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default INTp/ILI and their dual (ESFp)

I'm quite sure I'm an INTp/ILI
    http://socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/tp.html

The most interesting part was this:

5.Unapproachable and thus desired. A girl-student by the name of Laima (The Politician) gave a good description of this type when she tried to describe the hero of her dreams: "He must be handsome and smart, with big and sad eyes, not talkative. He does not tell compliments, and by that he creates an impression of his inapproachability. He is taunted by myriads of problems, which, in my opinion are nothing to be bothered with. I am attracted by his sadness, seriousness, so I try to amuse him, to raise his spirits, to make him happy. If such a boy is present at a party, I wouldn't be bored." This is a vivid description of this personality type, who is constant in his feelings, does not like adventures, and desires total dependence of his demanding partner.
    I think girls have been attracted to me for those reasons in the past. Yesterday at a party a girl who I liked was paying me lots of attention and was asking me if I was having a good time and said that I was really nice. I said she was "cute" and she stopped being interested in me from then on. I don't normally ever give people compliments but I heard on pickup101 that saying a girl is cute is apparently a good thing to open with. (Something like that - and apparently the girls commonly would ask what was meant by "cute")

BTW, someone here had a link to INTP dating advice and it basically said to hang around in clubs and wait for girls actively seeking a boyfriend and just get lucky. I wonder what the approach would be though? Maybe no compliments? I wonder about displays of affection like being physical? That is completely not me. (Though I would if she did it first a bit)

Well I told her friend that I want to take back that compliment because I don't normally give compliments. I'm not sure if her friend will tell her that.
    (I also said to the friend that I wanted to apologize for it and that I learned about the compliment from some info about picking up girls and that she was meant to ask what being "cute" meant. I also told the friend that I was doing it because I had a theory about her personality that she wasn't attracted to guys who complimented her). Maybe if the friend just says that I want to take back the compliment then I've got a chance?
    If the friend hasn't told her anything I might say to the girl "You know how I said you were cute... I was drunk... I wouldn't normally say that. So pretend it never happened."
    Maybe that isn't being my normal self either??? BTW, I am really interested in picking up girls stuff... I've got dozens/hundreds of audio programs, videos, ebooks, etc, though I'm not good at remembering what they say and I haven't gotten time to listen/read/watch most of it. I guess it is a sign of being weak though. But it is also a sign of being smart and involves having a problem. (the quote talked about a guy who had problems)

BTW, is the ILI meant to ask their dual out (to coffee or whatever) or wait? Because at school I was asked out a few times (I turned them down for various reasons).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.

i'm wondering as to what the fact that you use this sort of material says regarding your type. probably nothing. (i, not knowing you, am not at all convinced that you are ILI at this point).

a suggestion: stay away from websites called pickuplines101.com. any material on any such website is not going to get you any girl.

read what rick has to say on the matter here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't take yourself or socionics too seriously

and whatever you do, imitate this man
    THE BEARD HEARD HIS MOVEMENT AND MADE AN ATTACK RUN BUT DID NOT ACTUALLY ATTACK HIM

viva palestina

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    lol.

i'm wondering as to what the fact that you use this sort of material says regarding your type. probably nothing. (i, not knowing you, am not at all convinced that you are ILI at this point).

a suggestion: stay away from websites called pickuplines101.com. any material on any such website is not going to get you any girl.

read what rick has to say on the matter here

people always say stuff like this about this material but i can pretty much make a safe bet that ENFjs and INFps (or i guess anyone else with strong ) are not inclined to turn to this kind of stuff!
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, probably true. in terms of whether ILI/LII is more likely to use such sites, however, is not as clear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .thursday
    don't take yourself or socionics too seriously
    It's just a hypothesis not a religion for me at the moment.

and whatever you do, imitate this man
    I wonder what Marlon Brando's personality type is though.... BTW, he told the interviewer that she's "one of the prettiest...". I thought that isn't like my personality type.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude.

For God sakes grow some balls.

You have to learn to communicate with people, you can't expect girls to throw themselves at you just by flat out letting them know you're infactuated with them... creepy stalker vibes.

Nothing to do with type btw.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pfft whatever

INTps are so difficult to get with because not only do they not try to make anything happen, but they're also unreceptive when others try to make something happen... even when they're interested. Only a Se dominant is pushy enough to be the INTp's dual.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do people think about my myspace profile... in terms of attracting a ESFp.... not attracting other girls.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

link please (in general I'd say that the internet is not a good way to attract an ESFp though )

Wanna see what you gotta do to attract an ESFp? Watch the first Rocky movie.
    SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll check out Rocky.
    Here's myspace...
    http://www.myspace.com/sadniceguy

about the url...
    I wanted to choose sadeyes, sadeyed and sad_eyes but they were all taken!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also recommend not copy-and-pasting socionic type descriptions into your myspace profile; it's rather creepy and also suggests you don't have a soul of your own.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummm.... the " "Smart 'nice' sad-eyed mouth-breather" thing should go... ESFps come to quick judgments about people (though they'll change their minds quickly too). I wouldn't say you're looking for a "cute" girl either. I'd or even "ballsy" over "cute" if you're looking to attract an ESFp.

Woman

All the time she tries to compete with the man, including in erotic attitudes. She is inclined to irony, sneers at an opposite floor. The man in any business likes to feel more competent, than. During love game expects from the man of ingratiations, ostentatious weakness, emotional instability.

Compatibility

The "Aggressive" woman. Searches for object for the imperous and active erotic actions. Most of all she accepts the man which behaves with it obediently, but also whimsical. Then she has an occasion to aggression. Victim men idolizes such a woman and at the same time is rather afraid of her. His behaviour can be compared to behaviour of the page which entirely devotes itself to service to a "fine lady". Constant game - the best medicine for satiation.

In attitudes with Infantile the man it will not have not enough game humility from them. His unwillingness to adapt to aggressive attacks should to not put such union on a side of break. Attitudes with "Aggressor" of a male, on the one hand, flatter it and urge on its passion, but, on the other hand, and push away, as do not lead to to a desirable victory. Therefore they can make only variable success. Careful the man will irritate its attitude to it as to the small child which she perceives as humiliation.
    Are you sure you have a Fe PoLR? And that you're a Resolute type? And a logical type?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did Emma say "Yeah don't bother with that stalker thing, it don't work my friend"?
    SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I also recommend not copy-and-pasting socionic type descriptions into your myspace profile; it's rather creepy and also suggests you don't have a soul of your own.
    I don't really believe in souls anyway. My way of looking at it is that it shows my laziness (rather than me translating that info into some other format)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp? Clay's type

I doubt any INTx would chose such things as 'sad' or 'nice' for a myspace url.

juicy gossip
    Hmm........

You are no LII, that's for certain.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everything in this thread suggests against INTp.

perhaps INFj is possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    ummm.... the " "Smart 'nice' sad-eyed mouth-breather" thing should go... ESFps come to quick judgments about people (though they'll change their minds quickly too).
    What headline do you think would attract them?
    BTW, remember that it might get their interest.... that it might intrigue them that I'd actually say that stuff. And according to that ESFp's dream man profile I quoted earlier, she'd like most of that. (Except maybe "mouth-breather". I guess it is better to just portray those things than explicitly state it though. On the other hand it shows self awareness and that I'm somewhat happy with who I am! A normal person would just say typical good traits.

I wouldn't say you're looking for a "cute" girl either. I'd or even "ballsy" over "cute" if you're looking to attract an ESFp.
    Thanks, I've updated that.

Woman

All the time she tries to compete with the man, including in erotic attitudes. She is inclined to irony, sneers at an opposite floor. The man in any business likes to feel more competent, than. During love game expects from the man of ingratiations, ostentatious weakness, emotional instability.
    Are those 3 things her turn-offs?

Compatibility

The "Aggressive" woman. Searches for object for the imperous and active erotic actions. Most of all she accepts the man which behaves with it obediently, but also whimsical. Then she has an occasion to aggression. Victim men idolizes such a woman and at the same time is rather afraid of her. His behaviour can be compared to behaviour of the page which entirely devotes itself to service to a "fine lady". Constant game - the best medicine for satiation.

In attitudes with Infantile the man it will not have not enough game humility from them.
    What does the last sentence mean? "game humility?" is that good?

Are you sure you have a Fe PoLR?
    Well I'm really scared of intimacy.

And that you're a Resolute type?
    I am when I believe in something, like socionics at the moment.

And a logical type?
    Yeah. I hate things that don't make sense - like small talk. I also like mindless fun on my own (I'm shy).

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking the same.

John, have you seen this?

The Critic gives figurative descriptions of expected development of events, and such information is very interesting to The Politician, who has difficulty imagining the outcome of his actions. The Critic counsels with insight and caution, he gives detailed strategies - this is just what the super-active and impulsive Politician really lacks.

Possessing business skills, The Critic immediately notices the best investments and critically speaks of those he considers as a waste of time and energy. In this way he saves The Politician exhaustion and disappointment –that is, if The Politician pays attention to his dual's advice, which does not always happen. But even this is good, because a more slow-moving partner might get discouraged or become complacent. By contrast, such criticizing helps The Politician to find the golden mean in his activities, to use the mean rationally and to be more scrupulous in choosing ways of achieving goals.

Both at work and at home The Critic likes peace and harmony. He values comfort, cleanness and order. However, due to his inertia he does not always achieve what he wants. The Politician likes his thoroughness, polite manners, philosophical tranquility and economical skills.

Since The Critic is vulnerable but not sufficiently flexible and not very diplomatic, he easily spoils his relations with the others. He does not really understand why this happens and he often falls into melancholy and sadness. He needs a cheerful partner who could easily correct his tactical mistakes and not stay resentful over trifles. The Politician will divert attention from a dangerous topic, will tell a compliment at the just the right time or make everything into a joke. The Politician prefers quick and decisive actions. He easily widens the field of activities and breaks down all barriers on the way towards his goal. He does not like covert resistance or crude orders – if he perceives them he will do just the opposite of what was desired.

Strong and self-confident people are attractive to The Critic. Nevertheless, he simply ignores excessive pressure, as if not noticing it. Also he does not accept a challenge, will not fight and by doing this softens the force of The Politician. It awakens in The Politician the understanding that he needs to act more diplomatically, to use persuasion and not a direct attack. If he happens to be at the top of an organization, in order to keep common order he needs a well-wishing and wise partner capable of creating trustful atmosphere of communication, softening arising misunderstandings by demonstrating their relative value.

In this way The Critic serves as a balance to his sometimes-aggressive partner. They both often quarrel with each other but soon come to agreement forgetting all hurts. The Politician demonstrates sympathy and understanding and by this relaxes The Critic. If he responds to his dual’s warnings he can demonstrate his great capacity to handle all difficulties. The Politician does not pay much attention to general regularities and trends. He dislikes clerical work and does not always know rules and instructions. Unwillingly he plans in advance. He does not like to submit to schedules and norms. The Critic helps him distribute his energy and schedules, only the most important, worthy task. He performs detailed work, up to the logical final.

‘Aristocratically polite’ relations with the smack of humor and easy mutual critiquing distinguish this dual pair.
    SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    INFp? Clay's type

I doubt any INTx would chose such things as 'sad' or 'nice' for a myspace url.
    See this thread about discussions about my type.
    http://the16types.no-ip.info/forums/...pic.php?t=9242
    I wouldn't normally put that... I just blindly believe in the power of socionics at the moment though my understanding of it is naive. I just wrote that because the ESFp said she liked sad guys and I think my duals say I'm nice (well some girls do at least). Well I can never change the myspace url... oh well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did Emma say "Yeah don't bother with that stalker thing, it don't work my friend"?
    Well she told me that if I post a message with some sentence that used the word "stalker" (like "who is my stalker?" or something) then it says who is viewing your profile... though it didn't work.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnClay
    I just blindly believe in the power of socionics at the moment
    so we see. hopefully your ignorance will be shortly eradicated so that you can refrain from appearing as the complete fool you seem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking the same.
    I identify with the INTp critic profile though!

John, have you seen this?
    I'll reply in the other thread....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just blindly believe in the power of socionics at the moment
    so we see. hopefully your ignorance will be shortly eradicated so that you can refrain from appearing as the complete fool you seem.
    Surely socionics work a little? Well I'm using an aggressive approach... I sometimes get impatient and use an all or nothing approach. (but I'm shy so I'm not likely to do it in public - unless I'm manic - which I have been)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummm.... the " "Smart 'nice' sad-eyed mouth-breather" thing should go... ESFps come to quick judgments about people (though they'll change their minds quickly too).
    What headline do you think would attract them?
    BTW, remember that it might get their interest.... that it might intrigue them that I'd actually say that stuff. And according to that ESFp's dream man profile I quoted earlier, she'd like most of that. (Except maybe "mouth-breather".
    I never particularly cared for that description... I posted a thread about it at one point in fact. It almost seems too emo or something. In any case, your headline is definitely way too emo.

I guess it is better to just portray those things than explicitly state it though. On the other hand it shows self awareness and that I'm somewhat happy with who I am! A normal person would just say typical good traits.
    For some reason I'm feeling the urge to ask if you've considered that you might be an ISFp right now...

I wouldn't say you're looking for a "cute" girl either. I'd or even "ballsy" over "cute" if you're looking to attract an ESFp.
    np... if you really are looking for a girl who's cute and doesn't mind thinking of herself as cute though, don't worry about socionics and just leave that.

Woman

lol no... I'm not sure it applies as well to Gamma Se types as Beta Se types though.

Compatibility

In attitudes with Infantile the man it will not have not enough game humility from them.
    What does the last sentence mean? "game humility?" is that good?
    I dunno what that's supposed to mean.

And a logical type?
    Yeah. I hate things that don't make sense - like small talk. I also like mindless fun on my own (I'm shy).
    this stuff doesn't sound type related
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you relate to any of this?

I'd check out other type descriptions if I were you. Or better yet learn about the information elements and model A. My impression so far: if you're a logical type you're probably Alpha, and even that seems unlikely.
    SEE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never particularly cared for that description... I posted a thread about it at one point in fact. It almost seems too emo or something. In any case, your headline is definitely way too emo.
    Emo is cool for some people The photo shows I'm not much of an emo.

I guess it is better to just portray those things than explicitly state it though. On the other hand it shows self awareness and that I'm somewhat happy with who I am! A normal person would just say typical good traits.
    For some reason I'm feeling the urge to ask if you've considered that you might be an ISFp right now...
    I'll reply in the other thread. But just remember I've turned into a very open-minded thinker in order to deal with my depression - so I've tried lots of weird personalities on for size.

np... if you really are looking for a girl who's cute and doesn't mind thinking of herself as cute though, don't worry about socionics and just leave that.
    Well I think I might not include the "cute" just in case I am filtering out girls who are cute but don't think so.

During love game expects from the man of ingratiations, ostentatious weakness, emotional instability.
    lol no... I'm not sure it applies as well to Gamma Se types as Beta Se types though.
    If you mean those are turn-ons then they are doable. In fact I often do that naturally except for the bit about "man of ingratiations".

And a logical type?
    this stuff doesn't sound type related
    It could be from my neuroses/mental illness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you relate to any of this?
    I agree with the first quote.
    Basically I wouldn't know what to do (I don't act spontaneous or if I do, it is very hair-brained) so I just avoid it though I might look at the girl a lot.

I'd check out other type descriptions if I were you.
    I have, but I also have tested as INTp in 3 tests

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics or MBTI?

Tests are not a good way to type people anyways... understanding functions and model A is really the only good way. Descriptions are misleading, too.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intpz get all the chikz
    THE BEARD HEARD HIS MOVEMENT AND MADE AN ATTACK RUN BUT DID NOT ACTUALLY ATTACK HIM

viva palestina

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics or MBTI?
    Both. But I have been reclusive lately so I chose the introvert option. Though I've been depressed/suicidal as an introvert. When I was manic and very happy I was an extrovert though I still didn't talk/think too fast.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there is a girl at my workplace with whom i have developed a romantic inclination. We worked together one evening and spent a lot of that time talking, and doing something close to flirting. she was my boss. ahah. anyway, I left work and said goodbye to her. Later at home I was busy taking care of my day to day matters when she calls me on the phone. she sounds eager and asks what I am doing with the intent of hanging out with me. I tell her i'm doing nothing. She is a very busy girl-- she works full time and is in the last semester of an Registered Nursing program. Given this, I tell her, "You sounded exhausted at work, you should probably go home and get some sleep, we'll hang out some other day."

this, ladies and gentlemen, is what it means to be "unnapproachable and thus desired."
    asd

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I don't really believe in souls anyway. My way of looking at it is that it shows my laziness (rather than me translating that info into some other format)
    I'm just telling you what an outside perspective sees; something critical in building relationships, and obviously more critically in romantic ones.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!