Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Rocky an ESFP? :)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is Rocky an ESFP? :)

I think it's time for me to reconsider my type again. Not that I'm convinced that I'm an ESFP or anything, but I'll at least considered it. Hugo made a good point that I seemed to relate more with the ESFP description than the ISTP description. I'll post the descriptions from socionics.com and bold the parts of the two that I think relate to me.

Quote Originally Posted by socionics.com
    ESFps usually have a smooth oval facial structure, which is mainly free of projections with the exception of the nose, which can be quite large. Their eyes normally show great alertness and seem to be constantly in motion. They seem to slide over people and objects creating the impression that ESFps are trying to better sense their surroundings. The eyes themselves are almost never deeply set.

The lower part of ESFps faces often seems heavy. When walking or moving some ESFps may create the impression that they are walking through water. Ironically this applies mainly to more slender ESFps. Their larger, heavier counterparts are usually far more agile and nimble.

--> (By the way, this has to do with the body movements I described before. Manny Ramirez is an example of this and it's another reason for me not to think ESFP).

ESFps usually wear original, brightly coloured, eye-catching clothes and accessories in order to attract attention to themselves. This is especially applicable to females. They are often influenced by the latest fashions, but will not wear something if they feel it will not suit them.

ESFps often react with aggression and hostility when others try to impose rules, limits or discipline on them. They also become very irritated when criticised for their caprices or illogical behaviour. They become equally irritated if someone attempts to question their behaviour or prove their irrationality.

When interacting with others, ESFps openly demonstrate their real feelings towards others. However their feelings are very flexible and changeable. For example, after an argument that would end most relationships they may, after sometime, apologise and then behave as if nothing ever happened.

In moments of depression, which are not so rare, ESFps like to complain to others that they are not as people think they are and that this is the reason they are often misunderstood. In situations such as these their eyes can become glazed and distant.

In company ESFps like to provoke positive emotions in others. However they do not like to entertain people by themselves, but will willingly sustain an easy atmosphere. ESFps are normally very talkative and sociable. They often talk about many different subjects. This is one of the reasons their telephones are constantly in use.

ESFps know well how to manipulate people's feelings. They have no difficulty attracting attention to themselves if they require it and they do this openly and without embarrassment. ESFps have an ability to transfer their mood to others, especially at home. If they feel bad, everybody feels bad and vice versa. When in good humour they can behave very unpredictably.

ESFps often have a wide circle of acquaintances. They usually experience difficulties in ending unwanted relationships, and therefore this circle constantly enlarges. ESFps are very realistic people. If a project is unrealistic from their point of view, they will not participate in it. ESFps always try to solve their problems head on, attacking them as soon as they arise. They always look for immediate returns in their projects and in their work. If this does not happen they can loose their desire to continue on the same path.

ESFps find it difficult to do the same thing over a long period of time. They constantly look for challenges. Regardless of their mood they always find something interesting to do. In day to day matters ESFps can be forgetful and careless. They may forget to switch off home appliances etc. When cooking a dish that requires constant supervision, they can often neglect and ruin it. ESFps often demonstrate affection for pets, however they rarely keep them at home, considering this to be unhygienic.
    Quote Originally Posted by socionics.com
    ISTps normally have a very characteristic passionless facial expression, indeed their whole appearance shows a lack of emotion which may be interpreted as calmness, mystery or inaccessibility. Some ISTps hide their lack of emotion behind the slightly artificial smile of a person who is seeking sensible pleasures. Their facial expressions often show scepticism or mistrust. Their faces are usually oval in shape and get more narrow towards the bottom, however more square faces are not rare.

Their mouth line is often calm, straight and turned slightly downwards at the corners. ISTps have a characteristic one sided smile which when combined with their scepticism can sometimes be interpreted as self-satisfaction. Their teeth are often of equal width and their mouth is usually kept tightly shut even when relaxed. ISTps also have a characteristic springy gait with the knees slightly bent giving them a characteristic surreptitious walk. In many cases ISTps have athletic physical structures. ISTps prefer informal or sporty style clothes which look more comfortable than aesthetic. Clothes usually fit ISTps well.

ISTps are quite sceptical in their evaluations and even more stubborn in their opinions. Often even before the conversation has begun, ISTps opinion is already firm and non-negotiable. Debates with ISTps can go on forever. Even if ISTps seem to agree with you, their opinion is unlikely to alter. ISTps have difficulty in controlling their emotions. When they do loose control, they may become biting, rough and excited, raising their voice and gesticulating fervently. ISTps also like consonant sounds which can make their speech slightly rough and resonant.

ISTps never share their feelings with people they do not know well and will hardly ever share them with their friends. They try to avoid people who make too much effort to get inside their emotional world. They appreciate a spiritual balance very much and therefore they can be interested in all sorts of meditations, etc. Generally ISTps do not like shaking hands, hugging and similar forms of greeting. When outside their territory, ISTps may openly ignore people that they have met before.

Whatever ISTps do, they try to extract a practical use from it. They are definitely not the type who will work powered only by enthusiasm. They may seem a little slow to start new work, but once they are in motion they will try to achieve the maximum possible return. They are very practical people.

ISTps demand complete independence. They only allow people to get close up to a certain point, where they are still out of the range from outside influence. ISTps value their friends and friendships very much. ISTps actively seek excitement and thrive on the rush of adrenaline.

ISTps have their own convictions that they will usually follow, even if they are different from common norms and moralities. This may give the impression that ISTps are not interested in other peoples opinions of them. ISTps also have a great deal of persistence which probably comes from their stubbornness giving them a reputation as obstinate, rebellious people and even delinquents when young.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFps know well how to manipulate people's feelings. They have no difficulty attracting attention to themselves if they require it and they do this openly and without embarrassment. ESFps have an ability to transfer their mood to others, especially at home. If they feel bad, everybody feels bad and vice versa.
    This is characteristic of feeling types.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky, I think your better off telling us a heep about yourself then comparing different portions of type descriptions.

I'd be surprised to see an ESFP on a socionics forum, though i'd be nice.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't seem so to me either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahah.
    First of all - everyone is ENTp.
    Second when I read Rocky's posts .. hmm Beta? ENFj ?
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krae
    hahahah.
    First of all - everyone is ENTp.
    Second when I read Rocky's posts .. hmm Beta? ENFj ?
    ENFJ?

HAAAAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA...

no.

My Mom's an ENFJ and there's no way we are the same type. It's intersting how you think I sound Beta, and maybe ESTP or ISTJ would be a better guess, but I'm not an ENFJ! (or maybe I am and I'm just fooling myself ).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just provoking

Got any pictures?
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted this picture before. I'm on the left and it was taken a year ago,

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=a2w60j

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    How's the relationship with you mother like?
    Hmm, let's just say that I don't think I'm Beta because of it. Too many diffrences, misunderstanding, etc.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At one point Rocky said that he had an over developed . This corresponds more with an ESFp than ISTp, since is a role function of ESFp.

Here's a question for Rocky:

On the whole, which group of words describes your personality better?

Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, fantasticism, faith (ESFp)

The past, the calculation of errors, the avoidance of danger, anxiety, vague uneasiness, the ripening of the crisis, revolution, jump in the time, the skill to insure against the troubles, sharp shifts, discrepancy, the moment of decisive actions, divergence (ISTp)

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

Hey, you said essence and divergence twice! I think they're important features, but most of them will think they don't have it twice as much as others.

I've noticed most of what he insist as his ISTp trait can be also accepted as ENTp ones.
    So though he isn't so much F, it's more reasonable he's extrovert than to be introvert.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Prospect, possibility, positive potential, essence, essence, principles, new ideas, the advancement of hypotheses, theory, insight, interest, originality, unusualness, fantasticism, faith (ESFp)

The past, the calculation of errors, the avoidance of danger, anxiety, vague uneasiness, the ripening of the crisis, revolution, jump in the time, the skill to insure against the troubles, sharp shifts, discrepancy, the moment of decisive actions, divergence (ISTp)
    Hugo, I'd probably pick the ESFP one. But I think this has more to do with haveing Ne as a dual-seekin, not as a role. Maybe I'm wrong here.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK, lets see your point of least resistance.

On the whole, which group of words describes your better:

Analytical mind, structural thinking; the skill to separate the main thing from the secondary, a constant tendency to think, to analyze (ISTp)

Emotions, feeling, passion, love, hatred, jealousy, compassion, human soul, idea, game, success, risk, the sharpness of sensations, the incandescence of passions, emotional nuances (ESFp)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably ISTP this time.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are more analytical than emotional then on the basis of POLR, you are ISTp.

However when it comes to your creative function you were more than .

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an ISTp description and ESFp description:

MASTER (Gaben, ISTP)

1. S - sensorika of the sensations
    Peace gets to know through the sensations. Sharply receives everything, which disrupts natural accordion. Rejects any artificiality, naigrannost', unhealthy instincts. It is squeamish. It is thoughtful with respect to of relatives and close ones. If it sees that man got tired or badly himself feels, here it comes to him to the aid. Never it will throw in the misfortune of friend. It feels well the possibilities of sensations. In pursuit of their novelty (fishing, the collection of fungi or berries, bathing, journey and the like.) the mobile means of life conducts. Does not transfer monotony and boredom. Calm contact with nature loves. It is internally sensitive even we wound, although this it does not show. In order to survive, it knows how to be adapted to the ruling dispositions, by necessity it follows public stereotypes.

2. R - business logic
    It works well by hands. Things more willingly are overhauled than it ejects them. It is thrifty in the rotation with the material resources. Has a technological turn of mind. The simple, but effective methods of resolution of matters of business find. Before undertake the matter, thinks over several versions of reaching the desired result and stops on the most economical. It works only by convenient for itself method. It notes those people, which elude or loaf. It thinks over, as to force them to undertake the matter or to remove. Itself will make only that which is strictly necessary. It skillfully manages tools and technical adaptations. It persistently improves itself in the selected form of activity. б calculation of the rational organization of labor hopes for the rapid result.

3. T - intuition of the time
    It forces itself to be plotted in the obeshchannye periods, not to be late. It it pleases itself everywhere to manage, to govern its time. It fears, that on it they will impose inconvenient timeline. In the contact with the people demonstrates umudrennost' by life. It manifests its skepticism through the specific humor and samoironiyu. However, in the soul it does not nevertheless lose hope for success. In the critical situation, with sharp change in the situation it does not panic, but searches for method, as to gain time. It follows its internal scent to the events. It feels itself dependent on the wrongness of fate. Vital shakings are picked up, trying to safeguard its close ones from them. However, long time to maintain this load is difficult.

4. E - ethics of the emotions
    It is contrasting in the manifestation of its emotions: first it is cold-blooded and submerged in itself, as if "iceberg in the ocean", then, on the contrary, it is emotionally excited and energetic. Are evaluated human relations according to the degree of emotional manifestations. Stormy emotions for it - the index of instability, poor relations. During the conflict it prefers not to get involved in into the dispute, but it is simple to leave. But if they catch it for the living, it will answer in the sharp form. It will not begin to confide with the strangers. It does not love, when "climb into the soul", they attempt to penetrate in its internal experiences. It must be understood without the words.

5. I - intuition of the possibilities
    It loves, when its abilities and achievements evaluate according to merit. If its results do not note, then any desire to try disappears. If its abilities long time occur no one they are not necessary, then it can even fall ill. It needs the new, uncommon problematic situations, which distract it from the gray working days. But if to it measure is uninteresting, then without the constraint it will be occupied by its matters or simply it will be opened. It it is necessary to priobodryat' and to inspire to the matter, otherwise it weakens and falls into melancholy. Its physical tone falls without the new captivating purposes. With it it is necessary to talk by the language of compliments and praise, to certify in the fast success. Its state is optimal, when success continually slips off, although it is located somewhere entirely next.

6. R - ethics of the relations
    Its mood depends on that how it includes those surrounding. It entrusts only to deep attachments, steady, checked by time feelings. In the contact with those surrounding itself establishes the psychological distance necessary for it and greatly it is nervous, if someone does not maintain it. It does not transfer obtrusive people. It will not begin to live or to work in the psychologically unhealthy, sklochnom association. Smoothness of relations for it - an indispensable condition of valuable life. In spite of punctiliousness and distant distance in the contact, sufficiently we suffer to the human deficiencies. It knows how to pardon to people, it is gentle.

7. F - power sensorika
    Critically it relates to the violence and the coercion. Not on whom it will begin to press, but also itself will not obey attempts at the dictates. It does not love competition, it is deprived of ambitions and of career aspirations. Not it will fight for the authority or pretend to the higher place. According to the rate of speech, the manners and the exterior view of man are determined his power qualities, result in the matter. Immediately will differ bragging from real possibilities. He knows, what force and where it is necessary to apply for achievement of the desired purpose. However, itself effectively not can to act on painful points. Violence manifests rarely and always under the pressure of the external circumstances.

8. L - structural logic
    Reliable business partner. It soblyudayet its responsibilities, if it considers it their reasonable. Prefers frankness and completely clarity in the business relations. It is very obstinate. If in by something it is confident, it practically cannot be reconvinced in the reverse. It will cooly adhere to its understanding of situation. In the matter demonstrates economy and methodicalness. He always tries to manage with minimum forces, to draw a little less people. Enemy of bureaucracy and petty control. Flexibly it is reconstructed in the details, but it adheres main flow chart.

POLITICIAN (Napoleon, ESFP)

1. F - power sensorika
    It feels well the arrangement of forces. Rapidly it recovers, who is strong, and who is weak, on whom it is possible to press, but it is better not to touch whom. It gropes the weak places of people, with which it is close by sign. Influencing on the painful points, changes their behavior to the side advantageous for itself. Itself is not subordinated to attempts at the straight pressure. Deftly it uvorachivayetsya. It knows how for itself to postoyat'. It reacts violently when it they limit in the selection. He commands those, who are less decisive and is less confident in itself. With the stronger partner it associates on the equal. Will always find method, as to focus on itself attention.

2. R - ethics of the relations
    Excellently it examines the system of the relations, which are added between the people. Knows how to say to man the fact that they want to hear from it. However, it does not hurry to carry out its promises, if he does not feel in this of special need. It balances between the interests of opposite camps, successfully conducting negotiations or dealing. If that its own interests require, easily it reconciles itself with the former enemies. He knows, as to fix relations. It is faster, it plays on the negative relations, the antipathies how positive connections very to break the been bored with relations difficultly. He tries to give to man to indirectly understand that it to it is not interesting. It does not love to allow to approach people to itself closely, since he feels, that this assigns on it the specific obligations. It easily starts acquaintances and more confident itself it feels in the large company, than in private and in the everyday situation.

3. I - intuition of the possibilities
    It strives tax itself by the original, nonstandard personality, which is plotted not in what framework. It is inclined to contradict against those surrounding itself. It can support conversation on any themes, demonstrating its knowledge about everything gradually. It grips information rapidly, but it is shallow. Periodically it thinks, being immersed in itself. In such minutes it seems it that people receive by its not such, such as it exists in reality. Is sufficiently capricious and priveredliv. It will not fail to emphasize its great possibilities and large prospects. Frequently in this case he argues and does not agree, defending from the principle the opposite point of view.

4. L - structural logic
    Greatly it does not love, when they are not considered his conclusions on one or other situation or another or problem. Those, who ignore its observations, it adds to its ill-wishers. It depends on the steady order in that region, where it lives or works. Complains about the absence of discipline, lack of organization, although itself cannot ensure it, since relations does not desire to spoil and it cannot work methodically. It reacts to the hierarchy accepted. With the man it associates either from the position from below as subordinated or from the position on top as chief. It makes possible for itself not to stand upon ceremony with those being subordinate. It cannot be located next to the people, which to it are antipathetic. Everything are done in order to remove them. Itself does not know, along what system it acts.

5. T - intuition of the time
    It feels itself cheerful and healthy, when its time is occupied. Otherwise, having available the surplus of time, the low-mobility, lazy means of life conducts, it is depressed and it criticizes everything. Loves constant changes, the course of events, discrepancy. It it frequently is desirable to leave somewhere, to completely change situation. Time ties such, such as is convenient to it. First hurries and hurries others, then it lingers and it in every way possible impedes the rapid solutions. It will always find, at what to cavil. It loves, when they for long persuade it, they go from a distance, giving many examples and instructive histories from the past.

6. R - business logic
    Its mood depends on that how the matters successfully go in it. In order to improve its emotional state, it is necessary to propose the advantageous matter to it. It is inclined to manifest first large generosity to the extravagance, if mood elevated, then is economy and even stinginess, if it is emotionally depressed. In the matter to it are important the emotions. It is not capable of working, if occupation seems it dull. Any matter can convert into the entertainment, give to it the nature of show. Greatly it is nervous and is angered, if it they go around in the matter or then distribute supplies, which to it is obtained less than by other. It can poskandalit' because of this.

7. S - sensorika of the sensations
    Greatly it does not love, when they disrupt its comfort. It fears for its material prosperity and health. Never it will enter to the detriment of its conveniences. It follows the cleanliness, it soblyudayet the rule of hygiene. It is squeamish. Criticizes the quality of products or the quality of goods. It is not shamed its body and physiological processes in it. It is characterized by the unique aesthetical taste, which does not always coincide with conventional. It is careful on nature. It will not become the first to settle in unknown place. It is conservative in its habits in private life. Its another extreme - careless attitude to its exterior view.

8. E - ethics of the emotions
    Its fitness for work strongly depends on mood. In the elevated mood it starts even on hard work. But if there is no mood, then even very important work remains not made. It is energetic in those matters, which can be made immediately. If there is no rapid return, and to work is necessary much and napryazhenno, then soon it cools and searches for another direction for its efforts. Excitation and ardor increase its fitness for work. The atmosphere of holiday, celebratory meal is created around itself. It accomplishes its best matters in the nonformal situation. It scatters its energy in the different directions: it is occupied by several matters immediately, being easily switched from one to another. If the circle of enthusiasm continues grow, then result falls.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Quote Originally Posted by Black Molly
    Don't bother posting here anymore!
    I just asked Cone and he said . . .
    ISTP.
    But he once said you're INFp. So, now Rocky is INFp?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sry, but he seems ISTP to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by an ixtp (probably istp)
    Don't bother posting here anymore!
    I just asked Cone and he said . . .
    ISTP.
    But he once said you're INFp. So, now Rocky is INFp?
    Cone says everyone is wrong but him!
    Too bad INTPs couldn't be more realistic and skeptical in their evaluations like ISTPs are.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Yeah, I know I'm being an annoyance for all... but I have some unreasonable points yet. :wink:

oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?p=12198#12198
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "don't get people" b/c I'm not confused or anything when it comes to dealing with others. I'm perfectly cabable of going up to a stranger and talking to them and I'm not closed off to other people approaching me. I do like animals.

As for the job, do baseball player count? Actually, ever since I was three people have told me I should become a lawyer. Let's just say I'm not going into that. Maybe buisness or psychology (those two words are almost painful to hear together).

I do have friends I I trust and value, but like I said I'm not unapproachable.
    I've had many serious trouble in life with weak (don't ask details so much, it's my PoLR!), so I came quickly to guess I'm either INTp or ISTp.
    Besides it, Rocky seems to be in the T group which is the farest from the poor trouble with Herzblut (this may be just from they're teenager, but weak is trouble from kindergarten age for me). And he says he has strong . What is happening?

oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?p=12848#12848
    When I'm making a decision I have to look at EVERYTHING and consider EVERYTHING. I also like to leave my options open and never like to say "Well, I'm %100 sure of...". I have criticized people for saying things are "obvious" and try to stay away from that myself; people who use the word obvious a lot are often oblivious themselves. I'm always aware that I could have possibly made a mistake and don't try to dig a hole for myself. I find new ideas intersting and always enjoy reading/discovering/hearing about new things. I also don't like repetition much and sometimes try to do something a diffrent way just to do it diffrently.
    http://www.the16types.info/types-ISTP.php
    Unlike The Searcher, he will scarcely spend his energy for futile work. He is a born inventor, but he does not hurry with the implementation of his ideas, until conditions for maximum effect will ripen. He is proud of his capability of not doing unnecessary things; adores comfort and conveniences.
    I'm often scolded for not showing eagerness while I just judged I don't need to do. I do best for avoid unnecessary efforts, but others regard it as evil laziness. I also try to see all the possibilities, but at the same time, I try to avoid getting caught in trivial profits not to miss the whole thing. So the word laziness (talented or not, anyway) hooked me on rather possibly ISTp.

ISTp is not tabula rasa with inexhaustible capability (of course, every type has various possibilities and everyone is ENTp ) but possibly many shortcomings; emotional blankness isn't same as just expressive of cool-headed. It's a gift of poor , and cursing most IXTps' lives.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is very odd. All the ISTPs I know have read their profile and say, HOLY @#$@ thats me. They dont say oh Im not sure... Lemme check the other profiles.

I think the ones who have the most trouble typing themselves are ENTPs.

Rocky if you posted some pics, if you described your room as being a mess or being clean, a lot of behavioural stuff that would help.

Just my 5 cents worth, I know ISTPs are very certain of themselves (who they are).

the fact you lack certainty, it seems very ENTP to me. ENTPs can also put up a strong feeling front, to the point they think they are feeling. An ENTP girl I know is convinced she is ESFP even though she tested ENTP on her first try. She forgets this now lol and is convinced she is ESFP. If you check entp.org you can see how a lot of them had trouble typing themselves at first, it can take some of them years of retyping oddly enough.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's time I write a little more about myself so it will hopefully explain some things.

Let me start off with Ne. If I am an ISTP, Ne would be my dual-seeking functions. It is very possible I believed I had a strong Ne functon because of it. I do get bored easily, and I like to try things in diffrent ways, and I also believe in trying to see the positive potential in people (all related to Ne). Besides this, I don't think I'm an Ne type anymore.

Sensing wise, I can be a little violent. I don't mean I'm the kind of guy who will start hitting/throwing everything when I get mad, but it happens. With me, it tends to build up slowly. I try to keep my cool as best as I can, trying to hold it in, but then the intensity starts to build up. I can get restless and impatient (but not as big a firecracker as my ESFJ sister) which ledas to bursts of energy coming out. If I really get frustrted I might do something like kick the tires of the car, or hit something with a baseball bat.

I am also starting to realize that Introverted Sensing would make a lot of sense as my dominant function. I take a mental note of things I see around me and store it in the back of my head. I can easily recall and remember things I have experienced in the past and almost "relive" them in my head. I use this while typing people, as well. I notice the way people move, their mannerisms, facial expressions, etc. and when I see someone else I met I can automatically connect that person to someone else whom they remind me of. I'm starting to connect this with type, so hopefully I can first met someone and identify their type right away (this takes a little time, though).

I am also a very impulsive person. I used to associate this with being E, but I realize that ENTPs usually don't act like that. Sometimes I will get the urge to do something, and just do it. Often times I will being running inside and out to play basketball, then go back on the computer, then I'll find something else that interests me, etc. I find it difficult to spend time in one place for a long period of time. I hate feeling trapped or tied down.

I would also make sense that I have a PoLR of Fe. I know it may not have sounded like that before, but it's true. I have a tendency to become very closed off and reclusive around people whom I don't like or find harmful. This would be atypical behavior for an ENTP, no? I have a bad habit of acting rude around people, trying to disregard them if I don't like them or want to talk to them. Like I've said before, I have a problem with showboaters attracting all the attention to themselves. If I screw up dealing with people I will feel like a real asshole. Sometimes I could have easily done something for somebody, but for some reason I didn't and really felt bad about it afterwards. I also seem to enjoy helping people out and feel like there's something wrong if I can't help.

I seem to fit the description of an ISTP kid when I was younger. I was a little brat. My ENFJ Mom recently was showing me video of when I was about 5, and she said, "See, this is what I had to put up with!" I was always hitting something, screaming, blaming other people for what I did... (but I think I'm a little better now :wink: ).

I have a tendency to try and e perfect. For example, I might be typing something on here, and if I don't know how to spell a word I will look it up. I also have a little problem with having to use correct grammar all the time (but I try to relax a little). I think a poor Ni manifests itself when I am trying to figure something out (like typing someone). I usually don't like to post someone's type on here unless I am VERY sure about it. This has to do with the skepticism part. I am always telling myself that it could possibly be wrong and to try and look at it another way. I am also skeptical of other people's opinions when I think I see something that they don't and have spent a lot of time working on something. It's a way to see past the bullshit.

After I'd reflected on my type more I started to realize that I am much more Te than Ti. I don't like to waste my time on meaningless things or fruitless thinking. I try to be as practical as possible and everything I learn I have a purpose for it in mind. I always like to be watching over things, and sort of "check up" on it and be in control.

One of the reasons I thought I was an extravert before was because in school or around friends I can at least seem a lot more extraverted. A lot of the people I know from school wouldn't suspect me to be introverted. I would always like to be talking, laughing, etc. and I know that sounds odd for an ISTP. I have been told before that I "Just have to shut up". One guy I know from school told me that I'm "To gregarious for your own good" but I don't think that's the real me. The only way I can explain this is that I just throw my weak Fe function out and try not to be hurt by it. I still seem to enjoy spending time by myself to think.

I also think I'm fairly independent. I enjoy figuring out and doing things by myself. I have also done things before like go to the movies by myself if no one else is around. No big deal to me.

One thing that should tell me that I'm NOT intuitive is that I have a hard time planning for the future. I have a habit of doing something that feels right in the moment, but things have a tendency to creep up on me. I am very capable of keeping myself healthy and I always know what I want. I have a problem with feeling uncomfortable and try to fix it. For example, it's not uncommon for me to change shirts in the middle of the day if I feel sweaty or re-apply deodorant several times a day. I never foget about eating, not a chance (ask my parents ). I am also super-sensitive to touch. If someone touches me on the shoulder I would probably roll it in a little because I'm so sensitive to it. Unless of course it is someone who I don't want touching me, and I find them annoying. If that happens I would probably try and push their hand away.

I think that's enough for now. I am currently under the impression that I am a logical subtype ISTP, this would explain the little differences I have with the more "classical" ISTPs. The sensory subtypes I think are people like Shaquile O'Neil, and a logical subtype would be someone like the Baltimore Oriole's Manager Lee Mazzili. For some reason I feel an affinity with Mazzili; either we are the same type or I just want to be the same type as him.

So what does everyone think. ISTP still?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Icepick
    This is very odd. All the ISTPs I know have read their profile and say, HOLY @#$@ thats me. They dont say oh Im not sure... Lemme check the other profiles.
    You mean, "all the ISTps I know who don't know Socionics at all..." Note that many people on this forum doubt their types because they know Socionics enough to build up a resistance against the Barnum effect. Then they stop reading personality descriptions at face value and start really looking at themselves from a more objective standpoint. Studying Socionics makes you so much more self-aware.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Let me start off with Ne. If I am an ISTP, Ne would be my dual-seeking functions. It is very possible I believed I had a strong Ne functon because of it. I do get bored easily, and I like to try things in diffrent ways, and I also believe in trying to see the positive potential in people (all related to Ne). Besides this, I don't think I'm an Ne type anymore.
    I've never thought I have strong though I don't like to say such like I gave up somebody or so.

Sensing wise, I can be a little violent. I don't mean I'm the kind of guy who will start hitting/throwing everything when I get mad, but it happens. With me, it tends to build up slowly. I try to keep my cool as best as I can, trying to hold it in, but then the intensity starts to build up. I can get restless and impatient (but not as big a firecracker as my ESFJ sister) which ledas to bursts of energy coming out. If I really get frustrted I might do something like kick the tires of the car, or hit something with a baseball bat.
    I hate both to hit something for irritation or to see someone does it.
    It is, for example, noisy and loud when someone kicks the door of the locker. How it will be painful to kick it by myself while it's loud enough at a distance! I can't stand it. Put one stress off, then get another one.
    Also, I don't want to dent it by my hand (or foot). It gets dented and rusty naturally. Why must I take years off its life and make it ugly, for a little irritation? It's foolish.

I am also starting to realize that Introverted Sensing would make a lot of sense as my dominant function. I take a mental note of things I see around me and store it in the back of my head. I can easily recall and remember things I have experienced in the past and almost "relive" them in my head. I use this while typing people, as well. I notice the way people move, their mannerisms, facial expressions, etc. and when I see someone else I met I can automatically connect that person to someone else whom they remind me of. I'm starting to connect this with type, so hopefully I can first met someone and identify their type right away (this takes a little time, though).
    Aggressiveness is from . And we already have the description.
    http://www.the16types.info/function-Si.php
    physical relationships between processes taking place at same time and place - how they affect one's inner state; physical sensations (sound, smell, etc.), how one feels, health, aesthetics
    And there's difference between noticing and memorizing.

I am also a very impulsive person. I used to associate this with being E, but I realize that ENTPs usually don't act like that.
    E is implusive? I haven't seen it. I think myself of whimsical and less patient, but never associated them with E/I.

I have a tendency to become very closed off and reclusive around people whom I don't like or find harmful. This would be atypical behavior for an ENTP, no?
    Most people are so. Most E- people look open-hearted, but they're close-minded in their own way. Just different from T's one.
    ENTps are just not good to sense other's repugnance early.

I have a bad habit of acting rude around people, trying to disregard them if I don't like them or want to talk to them. Like I've said before, I have a problem with showboaters attracting all the attention to themselves. If I screw up dealing with people I will feel like a real asshole. Sometimes I could have easily done something for somebody, but for some reason I didn't and really felt bad about it afterwards. I also seem to enjoy helping people out and feel like there's something wrong if I can't help.
    I avoid F-like contact like an avoidant personality disorder person, but even after I'm convinced someone likes me, I do it as much as possible. It may seem I'm avoiding them than before. I think I'm afraid to get them angry to say something bad. I just know it from past undergoings, not understand how others cope it or what exactly ticks them.
    It goes well being careful in my speech and action, but then I begin to suspect they think they're avoided because I dislike them. Eventually, I have nothing to do to keep good relation, and no way to begin it by my initiative.
    Is this same with yours?

I seem to fit the description of an ISTP kid when I was younger. I was a little brat. My ENFJ Mom recently was showing me video of when I was about 5, and she said, "See, this is what I had to put up with!" I was always hitting something, screaming, blaming other people for what I did... (but I think I'm a little better now :wink: ).
    I think most little boys are so...especially non-F.

I have a tendency to try and e perfect. For example, I might be typing something on here, and if I don't know how to spell a word I will look it up. I also have a little problem with having to use correct grammar all the time (but I try to relax a little).
    I think perfectionism is like that "the disease is removed, the patient is dead." And I'm not native English speaker. If I expect perfect in writing, I never can post like this.

I think a poor Ni manifests itself when I am trying to figure something out (like typing someone). I usually don't like to post someone's type on here unless I am VERY sure about it.
    Surely, you're much confidenter than others here.

This has to do with the skepticism part. I am always telling myself that it could possibly be wrong and to try and look at it another way. I am also skeptical of other people's opinions when I think I see something that they don't and have spent a lot of time working on something. It's a way to see past the bullshit.
    Most Ts are careful of polishing their idea and doubtful of others' ones.

After I'd reflected on my type more I started to realize that I am much more Te than Ti. I don't like to waste my time on meaningless things or fruitless thinking. I try to be as practical as possible and everything I learn I have a purpose for it in mind. I always like to be watching over things, and sort of "check up" on it and be in control.
    You said guys waste their lives on crappy ideas? OMG, vs war outbreaks here!

One of the reasons I thought I was an extravert before was because in school or around friends I can at least seem a lot more extraverted. A lot of the people I know from school wouldn't suspect me to be introverted. I would always like to be talking, laughing, etc. and I know that sounds odd for an ISTP. I have been told before that I "Just have to shut up". One guy I know from school told me that I'm "To gregarious for your own good" but I don't think that's the real me. The only way I can explain this is that I just throw my weak Fe function out and try not to be hurt by it. I still seem to enjoy spending time by myself to think.
    Around people/think alone is F/T thing rather than E/I only.

I also think I'm fairly independent. I enjoy figuring out and doing things by myself. I have also done things before like go to the movies by myself if no one else is around. No big deal to me.
    ENTps think they're independent, independent enough to take care of others.
    Well, I'm fairly doubtful you're ENTp too, though. The above is just joking, but I don't think only IXTxs can stand alone but all the types. It's just tendency.
    And note that confidence is strongly associated with independence. You're confident of yourself at your age, ain't you?

I have a habit of doing something that feels right in the moment, but things have a tendency to creep up on me.
    You said you're impulsive. Ns can be quite impulsive from S's concrete view of the world.

I am very capable of keeping myself healthy and I always know what I want. I have a problem with feeling uncomfortable and try to fix it. For example, it's not uncommon for me to change shirts in the middle of the day if I feel sweaty or re-apply deodorant several times a day. I never foget about eating, not a chance (ask my parents ). I am also super-sensitive to touch. If someone touches me on the shoulder I would probably roll it in a little because I'm so sensitive to it. Unless of course it is someone who I don't want touching me, and I find them annoying. If that happens I would probably try and push their hand away.
    Sounds rather than . To dislike being touched is considered as a guard against violation of your personal body space.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You mean, "all the ISTps I know who don't know Socionics at all..." Note that many people on this forum doubt their types because they know Socionics enough to build up a resistance against the Barnum effect. Then they stop reading personality descriptions at face value and start really looking at themselves from a more objective standpoint. Studying Socionics makes you so much more self-aware.
    Touche, Cone...

Good point... Its still very obvious to an ISTP I would argue. I started getting into socionics because my profile fit me so well. Only then did I start reading about it.

Not to mention one could argue if you knew less about the functions of socionics you would be more objective.

INTPs are always trying to find the flaws in an ISTP's logic!

take care
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I avoid F-like contact like an avoidant personality disorder person, but even after I'm convinced someone likes me, I do it as much as possible. It may seem I'm avoiding them than before. I think I'm afraid to get them angry to say something bad. I just know it from past undergoings, not understand how others cope it or what exactly ticks them.
    It goes well being careful in my speech and action, but then I begin to suspect they think they're avoided because I dislike them. Eventually, I have nothing to do to keep good relation, and no way to begin it by my initiative.
    Is this same with yours?
    I have had bad relations and have done and said "not nice" things in the past. But I think what I do is try and keep on throwing myself out there no matter how painful it is when it doesn't work. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and not be afraid of getting hurt (only way to really learn).

Surely, you're much confidenter than others here.
    I know I seem that way, but only when I think I can see something else that others seem to be missing. When I am not sure of something I don't act like it and can change my mind fairly easily. I always like to question if I am right and keep in the back of my head that I might be wrong. This is probably from the ISTP skepticism.

You said guys waste their lives on crappy ideas? OMG, vs war outbreaks here!
    Even McNew and Pedro said things like that about Ti, so it's not just me!

ENTps think they're independent, independent enough to take care of others.
    I'm starting to think that independence is both Alpha and Delta.

And note that confidence is strongly associated with independence. You're confident of yourself at your age, ain't you?
    Is it that obvious? :wink:

Sounds rather than . To dislike being touched is considered as a guard against violation of your personal body space.
    So you think I'm ESTP now? I think that part sounded more Si.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

I have had bad relations and have done and said "not nice" things in the past. But I think what I do is try and keep on throwing myself out there no matter how painful it is when it doesn't work. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and not be afraid of getting hurt (only way to really learn).
    It's that... is not your PoLR. I once believed desperate leaarning can make something, but it just gave me a estimation that I'm mad, uncivil, evilly trying to pretend be nice or totally stupid.
    It's possible you're just too young or most people are generous to weak in America, but anyway I felt you won't understand it truly without any hell of a unpleasant experience.

I know I seem that way, but only when I think I can see something else that others seem to be missing. When I am not sure of something I don't act like it and can change my mind fairly easily. I always like to question if I am right and keep in the back of my head that I might be wrong. This is probably from the ISTP skepticism.
    Same on me. So, I'm convinded you don't have as the 4th function and asked about it.

I'm starting to think that independence is both Alpha and Delta.
    ISTjs would think somebody ignores rules and duties is greenhorn or around with bad friends but they're never. ESTps would seldom doubt seriously they're independent.
    INTps would be proud of their independece (no matter what their mothers say ), and ENTjs would think dependence gets them away from what they want to do. Adventure, romance, success, charity, etc...
    Every Ts thinks they're independent in their way.

Is it that obvious? :wink:

So you think I'm ESTP now?
    It can, but not determined.
    I think at present:
    • You show much more than
    • Your 4th function (PoLR) is not

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkjlk
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    He dislikes people coming into his thread and littering it with pointless post. That irritates him but he tries to keep his temper under control. Rocky, is this right?
    Not really. I kind of enjoy all these threads talking about me... everything about Rocky, YES!! j/k . Actually, what really irritates me is people trying to act intelligent and talking about things they know nothing about like they are an expert at it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    consider the disorders associated with ESFP and ISTP.

antisocial and borderline.

antisocial personality disorder is like the "male" version of borderline. i read that somewhere whatever. but it's true b/c the behaviors that come about are about the same. wreckless and unpredictable as hell, self destructive.

you're feeling your anima or something i don'tknow.
    BPDs can be pretty much male cases. Forums about mental disorders are full of questions about BPD boyfriends (supposing posters are not lying BPD wanting help and attention).
    APD is considered associated with biochemical masculinity, but it's not successful both in epidemiology and treatment. Maybe it's a bit involved with the form of society.
    But I can agree APD (especially directly violent) is T and BPD is F. Voilence and absence of conscience are considered as cases of extreme lack of F, and BPD people use both fascinating and manipulative side of F fully.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as;dflkj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    what about antipsychotics and APD? i've already exhausted the BPD research (what is available on the internet) so i am pretty interested in this topic. seems like DBT is really effective. if you can recommend any good books, i'd appreciate it.
    I bought many books in past, but most of them are about functional disorders of the brain, schizophrenia and a bit of psychoanalysis theory. I love Hisao Nakai's view of mental deseases though I could afford his books only in the library.
    Now I don't have much money, and the forefront has been out-dated. Personality disorders were not the rage for doctors then, but the vogue has changed in a decade.

I still read some books, but I mostly get news watching RSS feed of science news websites. It sometimes overwhelms by its amout, but nice to kill time.
    I read the news denying strong relation between the male hormone and criminal tendency somewhere of them (I think I held it in my SB but couldn't find). It can be also denied or altered by accurater researches, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast