Thread: Quick type test: type descriptors

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Quick type test: type descriptors

THE FOLLOWING TEST HELPS YOU TO DETERMINE YOUR PSYCHOLOGICAL TYPE. READ THE DETAILS CAREFULLY.

Part One

Below are eight groups of words. Which group of words can you most strongly identify yourself with?

o Theory, idea, inspiration, improvisation, creative impulse, abstraction, scientific hypothesis, illumination, grand project, prospect, interesting undertakings, future, new trends, innovation. Analytical mind, structural thinking; the skill to separate the main thing from the secondary, a constant tendency to think, to analyze. (ENTp/INTj)

o Activity, cheerfulness, laughter, merriment, celebratory meal, children, family, optimism. Pleasure, convenience, comfort, cosiness, enjoyment, pleasant company, beauty, good mood, cleanliness, pleasant smells, tasty food, a good health, aesthetics, beautiful things, the beauty of nature. (ESFj/ISFp)

o Will, resoluteness, purposefulness, action, victory, leadership, authority, energetic nature, initiative, persistence, fearlessness. Common sense, accuracy, order, responsibility, obligation, reliability, stability, steadiness, clearness, order, proportion, consistency, system, structure, analysis. (ESTp/ISTj)

o Emotions, feeling, passion, love, compassion, human soul, the sharpness of sensations, the incandescence of passions, emotional nuances. Sensitivity, sentimentality, sincerity, faith in fate, humbleness, spiritual peace, unity with nature, faith in a bright future. (ENFj/INFp)

o Enterprise, efficiency, activity, energy, inquisitiveness, motion, competition, productivity, effectiveness, fitness for work, business benefit, practical application, keenness, ardour, success, rationalization, sequence, concreteness. Forecast, prediction, foresight, examination, concept, imagination, analysis, healthy conservatism, caution, pragmatism, history, the past, theory, intellect, power of observation, the latitude of knowledge. (ENTj/INTp)

o Leader, confidence in itself, will, resoluteness, influence on people, to lead, respect, popularity, prestige, authority, riches, dignity, force, victory at any price, purposefulness. Merit, self-esteem, obligation, responsibility, keep your word, economy, punctuality, thrift, elegance, esthetical value, accuracy, adherence to principles. (ESFp/ISFj)

o Rapid, clear, sober brain, sober calculation, clear understanding, clearness, clarity, order, discipline, enterprise, energy, energetic nature, resoluteness, initiative, straightness, activity, clarity of actions, work, labour. Conveniences, comfort, independence, internal rightness and fearlessness, calmness, resourcefulness. (ESTj/ISTp)

o Insight, enthusiasm, to be inspired by new undertaking, prospect, new acquaintances, emotional enthusiasm, inspiration, creative impulse. Calm, friendly; feelings, rich spiritual internal peace. (ENFp/INFj)

Part Two

Below are two groups of words. Which group of words can you most strongly identify yourself with?

ESFp/ISFj
    o Theory, idea, inspiration, improvisation, creative impulse, abstraction, scientific hypothesis, illumination, grand project, prospect, interesting undertakings, future, new trends, innovation. (ESFp)

o Analytical mind, structural thinking; the skill to separate the main thing from the secondary, a constant tendency to think, to analyze. (ISFj)

ENTj/INTp
    o Activity, cheerfulness, laughter, merriment, celebratory meal, children, family, optimism. (ENTj)

o Pleasure, convenience, comfort, cosiness, enjoyment, pleasant company, beauty, good mood, cleanliness, pleasant smells, tasty food, a good health, aesthetics, beautiful things, the beauty of nature. (INTp)

ENFp/INFj
    o Will, resoluteness, purposefulness, action, victory, leadership, authority, energetic nature, initiative, persistence, fearlessness. (ENFp)

o Common sense, accuracy, order, responsibility, obligation, reliability, stability, steadiness, clearness, order, proportion, consistency, system, structure, analysis. (INFj)

ESTj/ISTp
    o Emotions, feeling, passion, love, compassion, human soul, the sharpness of sensations, the incandescence of passions, emotional nuances. (ESTj)

o Sensitivity, sentimentality, sincerity, faith in fate, humbleness, spiritual peace, unity with nature, faith in a bright future. (ISTp)

ESFj/ISFp
    o Enterprise, efficiency, activity, energy, inquisitiveness, motion, competition, productivity, effectiveness, fitness for work, business benefit, practical application, keenness, ardour, success, rationalization, sequence, concreteness. (ESFj)

o Forecast, prediction, foresight, examination, concept, imagination, analysis, healthy conservatism, caution, pragmatism, history, the past, theory, intellect, power of observation, the latitude of knowledge. (ISFp)

ENTp/INTj
    o Leader, confidence in itself, will, resoluteness, influence on people, to lead, respect, popularity, prestige, authority, riches, dignity, force, victory at any price, purposefulness. (ENTp)

o Merit, self-esteem, obligation, responsibility, keep your word, economy, punctuality, thrift, elegance, esthetical value, accuracy, adherence to principles. (INTj)

ENFj/INFp
    o Rapid, clear, sober brain, sober calculation, clear understanding, clearness, clarity, order, discipline, enterprise, energy, energetic nature, resoluteness, initiative, straightness, activity, clarity of actions, work, labour. (ENFj)

o Conveniences, comfort, independence, internal rightness and fearlessness, calmness, resourcefulness. (INFp)

ESTp/ISTj
    o Insight, enthusiasm, to be inspired by new undertaking, prospect, new acquaintances, emotional enthusiasm, inspiration, creative impulse. (ESTp)

o Calm, friendly; feelings, rich spiritual internal peace. (ISTj)

Part Three

Below are two groups of words. Which group of words can you most strongly identify yourself with?

ENTp/INTj
    o Theory, idea, inspiration, improvisation, creative impulse, abstraction, scientific hypothesis, illumination, grand project, prospect, interesting undertakings, future, new trends, innovation. Pleasure, convenience, comfort, cosiness, enjoyment, pleasant company, beauty, good mood, cleanliness, pleasant smells, tasty food, a good health, aesthetics, beautiful things, the beauty of nature. (Intuitive subtype)

o Analytical mind, structural thinking; the skill to separate the main thing from the secondary, a constant tendency to think, to analyze. Activity, cheerfulness, laughter, merriment, celebratory meal, children, family, optimism. (Thinking subtype)

ESFj/ISFp
    o Activity, cheerfulness, laughter, merriment, celebratory meal, children, family, optimism. Analytical mind, structural thinking; the skill to separate the main thing from the secondary, a constant tendency to think, to analyze. (Feeling subtype)

o Pleasure, convenience, comfort, cosiness, enjoyment, pleasant company, beauty, good mood, cleanliness, pleasant smells, tasty food, a good health, aesthetics, beautiful things, the beauty of nature. Theory, idea, inspiration, improvisation, creative impulse, abstraction, scientific hypothesis, illumination, grand project, prospect, interesting undertakings, future, new trends, innovation. (Sensing subtype)

ESTp/ISTj
    o Will, resoluteness, purposefulness, action, victory, leadership, authority, energetic nature, initiative, persistence, fearlessness. Sensitivity, sentimentality, sincerity, faith in fate, humbleness, spiritual peace, unity with nature, faith in a bright future. (Sensing subtype)

o Common sense, accuracy, order, responsibility, obligation, reliability, stability, steadiness, clearness, order, proportion, consistency, system, structure, analysis. Emotions, feeling, passion, love, compassion, human soul, the sharpness of sensations, the incandescence of passions, emotional nuances. (Logical subtype)

ENFj/INFp
    o Emotions, feeling, passion, love, compassion, human soul, the sharpness of sensations, the incandescence of passions, emotional nuances. Common sense, accuracy, order, responsibility, obligation, reliability, stability, steadiness, clearness, order, proportion, consistency, system, structure, analysis. (Feeling subtype)

o Sensitivity, sentimentality, sincerity, faith in fate, humbleness, spiritual peace, unity with nature, faith in a bright future. Will, resoluteness, purposefulness, action, victory, leadership, authority, energetic nature, initiative, persistence, fearlessness. (Intuitive subtype)

ENTj/INTp
    o Enterprise, efficiency, activity, energy, inquisitiveness, motion, competition, productivity, effectiveness, fitness for work, business benefit, practical application, keenness, ardour, success, rationalization, sequence, concreteness. Merit, self-esteem, obligation, responsibility, keep your word, economy, punctuality, thrift, elegance, esthetical value, accuracy, adherence to principles. (Thinking subtype)

o Forecast, prediction, foresight, examination, concept, imagination, analysis, healthy conservatism, caution, pragmatism, history, the past, theory, intellect, power of observation, the latitude of knowledge. Leader, confidence in itself, will, resoluteness, influence on people, to lead, respect, popularity, prestige, authority, riches, dignity, force, victory at any price, purposefulness. (Intuitive subtype)

ESFp/ISFj
    o Leader, confidence in itself, will, resoluteness, influence on people, to lead, respect, popularity, prestige, authority, riches, dignity, force, victory at any price, purposefulness. Forecast, prediction, foresight, examination, concept, imagination, analysis, healthy conservatism, caution, pragmatism, history, the past, theory, intellect, power of observation, the latitude of knowledge. (Sensing subtype)

o Merit, self-esteem, obligation, responsibility, keep your word, economy, punctuality, thrift, elegance, esthetical value, accuracy, adherence to principles. Enterprise, efficiency, activity, energy, inquisitiveness, motion, competition, productivity, effectiveness, fitness for work, business benefit, practical application, keenness, ardour, success, rationalization, sequence, concreteness. (Feeling subtype)

ESTj/ISTp
    o Rapid, clear, sober brain, sober calculation, clear understanding, clearness, clarity, order, discipline, enterprise, energy, energetic nature, resoluteness, initiative, straightness, activity, clarity of actions, work, labour. Calm, friendly; feelings, rich spiritual internal peace. (Thinking subtype)

o Conveniences, comfort, independence, internal rightness and fearlessness, calmness, resourcefulness. Insight, enthusiasm, to be inspired by new undertaking, prospect, new acquaintances, talent, ability, emotional enthusiasm, inspiration, creative impulse. (Sensing subtype)

ENFp/INFj
    o Insight, enthusiasm, to be inspired by new undertaking, prospect, new acquaintances, talent, ability, emotional enthusiasm, inspiration, creative impulse. Conveniences, comfort, independence, internal rightness and fearlessness, calmness, resourcefulness. (Intuitive subtype)

o Calm, friendly; feelings, rich spiritual internal peace. Rapid, clear, sober brain, sober calculation, clear understanding, clearness, clarity, order, discipline, enterprise, energy, energetic nature, resoluteness, initiative, straightness, activity, clarity of actions, work, labour. (Feeling subtype)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey this works well. It couldn't hurt to leave a couple of the negitives for those "sadder" INFPs though. We're not all that way, but I'm sure we've all felt a couple of those things at some point.

Nice job, Hugo.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the impression from the last test that negative stuff doesn't go down too well; so I thought I'd leave it out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, it works this way, so I guess it's better off then. :wink:

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love the beauty of nature, I guess that must mean I am an intuitive subtype ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually get ESFP with sensory subtype. Maybe it's just my own mind screwing things up. But if i'd originally picked the ISTP/ESTJ group I would have ended up with sensory-ISTP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    I actually get ESFP with sensory subtype. Maybe it's just my own mind screwing things up. But if i'd originally picked the ISTP/ESTJ group I would have ended up with sensory-ISTP.
    Are you 100% sure you are ISTp? Before you thought you were ENTp, which is very different from ISTp.

Maybe you are ESFp but just didn't realise before.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like me and Hugo will have a computerized version of this test out soon ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Are you 100% sure you are ISTp? Before you thought you were ENTp, which is very different from ISTp.

Maybe you are ESFp but just didn't realise before.
    Ok, here are the two descriptions and the parts that I think appy to me.

Leader, confidence in itself, will, resoluteness, influence on people, to lead, respect, popularity, prestige, authority, riches, dignity, force, victory at any price, purposefulness. Merit, self-esteem, obligation, responsibility, keep your word, economy, punctuality, thrift, elegance, esthetical value, accuracy, adherence to principles. (ESFp/ISFj)

o Rapid, clear, sober brain, sober calculation, clear understanding, clearness, clarity, order, discipline, enterprise, energy, energetic nature, resoluteness, initiative, straightness, activity, clarity of actions, work, labour. Conveniences, comfort, independence, internal rightness and fearlessness, calmness, resourcefulness. (ESTj/ISTp)
    There does seem to be an overwhelming amount of ESFP in there, yet the ISTP isn't far behind. If I didn't know anything about socionics and saw this test for the first time I would probably end up picking ESFP (with ISTP close behind though). Maybe I ansewred that way because of an over-aggessive Se?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does seem you are ESFp. Or at the least ISFj. You can see a marked difference with regards to the bold words.

I don't think I've come across an overly aggressive ISTp.

What do the rest of you think?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know.... I think he very well could be an ISTP....

Rapid, clear, sober brain, sober calculation, clear understanding, clearness, clarity, order, discipline, initiative, straightness, clarity of actions, work, labour.
    I don't think any of of these words really describe the ISTP much at all. That's why he doesn't have them highlighted. They do describe the ESTJ however.

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

The words fatigue, stress, disease, poor health, suffering and pain are not my identity, but I'm interested in medical/biological topics as a hobby so these concern me. And also discomfort, inconvenience, disharmony, disgrace or unattractiveness are the standards to judge something non-logical.
    Without them, ENTp/INTj and ENTj/INTp rise to my first choice beside ESTj/ISTp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    I don't know.... I think he very well could be an ISTP....

Rapid, clear, sober brain, sober calculation, clear understanding, clearness, clarity, order, discipline, initiative, straightness, clarity of actions, work, labour.
    I don't think any of of these words really describe the ISTP much at all. That's why he doesn't have them highlighted. They do describe the ESTJ however.
    The closest type to an ISTp is ESTj. Therefore ESTj words should fit an ISTp as well. Not to forget that ISTps with a logical subtype would relate more to the ESTj words.

However looking at the choice that Rocky made (ie ESFp/ISFj) he has picked a fair amount from the ESFp and ISFj words which tends to suggest that he is one of these two types.

Remember that the mood of an ISTp is:

soft blankness; internal independence; hard to impress; not easily excited; (emotionally) cool

Rocky stated that he has an overly aggressive . This conflicts with being "not easily excited" and being "(emotionally) cool". This tends to suggest that Rocky is not ISTp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky stated that he has an overly aggressive . This conflicts with being "not easily excited" and being "(emotionally) cool". This tends to suggest that Rocky is not ISTp.
    I guess that makes sence....

I was just kind of saying, cuz I know some personally...

Like, for example, the word sober brained. Sober brained? Isn't one of the most popular ISTP steriotypes their love for drinking? That one doesn't really seem to fit.

Rapid, initiative, work, labour. Isn't another ISTP steriotype that they are rather lazy people? I think these words sort of contradict that.

Discipline. They don't really seem to be large rule followers to me. As in, they often just don't seem to care about them, from what I've seen. If this is interprited as self disipline, then maybe. I don't know a lot about how much self disiplin they have.

Clear, sober brain, sober calculation, clear understanding, clearness, clarity, order, straightness. For some reason these just really don't seem to fit to me. Especially order, I guess that can kind of go along with disipline, and if it's meaning organization, then they seem so sometimes.

I don't know, I could be completely off here.... just looking at boh sides of the coin.

What we really should do, is get people we know are a certain type to take the test, and then from there, we'll try to get all the types we can to try it and truely know if it works all the way around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting I was questioning the same things about ISTps.
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    I guess that makes sence....

I was just kind of saying, cuz I know some personally...

Like, for example, the word sober brained. Sober brained? Isn't one of the most popular ISTP steriotypes their love for drinking? That one doesn't really seem to fit.

Rapid, initiative, work, labour. Isn't another ISTP steriotype that they are rather lazy people? I think these words sort of contradict that.

Discipline. They don't really seem to be large rule followers to me. As in, they often just don't seem to care about them, from what I've seen. If this is interprited as self disipline, then maybe. I don't know a lot about how much self disiplin they have.

Clear, sober brain, sober calculation, clear understanding, clearness, clarity, order, straightness. For some reason these just really don't seem to fit to me. Especially order, I guess that can kind of go along with disipline, and if it's meaning organization, then they seem so sometimes.

I don't know, I could be completely off here.... just looking at boh sides of the coin.

What we really should do, is get people we know are a certain type to take the test, and then from there, we'll try to get all the types we can to try it and truely know if it works all the way around.

"Sober" has nothing to do wuth alcohol (in this context). Sober means calm/clear-headed.

Initiative, work, labour, dicipline can describe an ISTp. Sensing relates to these things. And since they are ST, this means they are practical people.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think you shouldn't put the types right next to the descriptions.

I scored as an INTj- balanced subtypes. My second choice was ISTp logical subtype.

I'm deciding between INTj and ISTp as my actual type. I identify with aspects of both types but neither of these fits 100%. But they do fit better than the other types.

By the way, I identified least with ESFp and ENFj on that test. Which would be the conflicting relations for INTj and ISTp

Laura

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Sober" has nothing to do wuth alcohol (in this context). Sober means calm/clear-headed.
    I thought about that, but it should problly be listed that way then, as it could possible be missinterprited.

And also.... just because they are practical doesn't mean they are disiplined. We should get the opinion of another ISTP.

ISTPs: Initiative, work, labour, dicipline, sober brained, clear headed, etc.... Relate to you?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTPs: Initiative, work, labour, dicipline, sober brained, clear headed, etc.... Relate to you?
    No, that was part of the problem with me. Those are typically thought of as JUDGING qualities, and ISTPs often don't have them IMO.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, thats what I thought. Seems more ISTJ or ESTJ.