Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ESI-ISFj description written for socionics.wsphere.com

Source is found here:
    http://socionics.wsphere.com/TYPOLOG...IONS/ISFJ.html

ISFjs are among the most loyal and family oriented of the types, they love family and can provide well for them. They can have good memories, and excellent analytical abilities. They can make very good councilors, and may possess an excellent empathetic understanding of others. They tend to be exceptionally self-sacrificing. However, they also have a habit of devaluing their own accomplishments, feeling as though they are worthy of no reward. Many become prone to severe workaholics tendencies, constantly finding reasons to clean and arranging items for work or for leisure; regardless, they can often even feel under appreciated for their valiant enthusiastic efforts.

ISFjs tend to be very orderly, they rarely need to ever to clean up; this can be manifested in the way that they dress. For example, it is rare to find an ISFj that does not own some sort of designer suit or dress, as they love to flaunt themselves about in beautifully matched attire, even for informal events. They can also be exceptionally meticulous, constantly searching for new and different ways to arrange items in the most perfect fashion. They have an eye for defects, which can sometimes become an object of obsession. ISFjs can become intrigued by certain specific color combinations, like black and white. In the extreme, this can manifest itself in peculiar ways. For example, an ISFj might get so involved with matching colors, that he or she has to restain and bleach the wood in his or her house to maybe a pasty white, replace their carpet with black and white tile, and tear out the grass in the front yard to replace with black and white pebbles, carefully placed selected types of trees, and maybe some odd type of plant or cactus. They may place similar expectations on their guest, asking them to perform certain ethical rituals before entering; like taking off their shoes or showing some other similar form of etiquette.

ISFjs can be exceptionally sympathetic to other people's problems and very supportive and non-condemning, but only if and after they have approved of a person in accords to their logic; they have an have an eye to notice when people do not abide by their own logical and ethical norms. When they dislike someone, some may gossip and spread exaggerated rumors about him or her or may discriminate out of biased judgment; they may even go so far as to shun those who do not discriminate against the same people they discriminate against. However, despite of their apparent incoherent lack of empathy for those considered flawed and unworthy of their respect and admiration, they do make loyal companions to those in which they have found a closeness. ISFjs place high importance on personal individual loyalties, and tend to stick with them through thick and thin. Even in the workplace, it is common for an ISFj to quit a cherished job when a favored boss or co-worker must leave.

ISFjs may not favor what they perceive to be laziness in people; they see little value in the partaking of activities that disturb their own perceived logical order of things, and they may be quick to formulate plans to provoke others to work. They may use their ethical evaluations and logic to intentionally trap others in such a way that they can place certain preconceived expectations upon them, in order to cause them to conform to their orderly logic.

ISFjs tend to make very good host and hostesses, and always make sure that everything that has been prepared is of the best quality and of an orderly style; they always make sure that others are entertained, and they almost always find something good to discuss. When they joke, they provoke an awe of seriousness, only to hit you with a sudden unexpected punch line; they can seem charming in a somewhat subtle way.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you know alot about ISFjs, please discuss ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good... I think it's on the spot except for this part:

When they dislike someone, some may gossip and spread exaggerated rumors about him or her or may discriminate out of biased judgment; they may even go so far as to shun those who do not discriminate against the same people they discriminate against.
    In my experience (of course I don't know all the ISFj's), they don't tend to be like this. They might complain alot about someone but they are generally precise in their presentation of the facts (they don't exaggerate).
    ENTj - intuitive subtype - 8w9, sp/sx

Wow, that description sounds just like my friend. I found it interesting that you mentioned that ISFJs are analytical. I believe this is very true, she's very successful both academically and professionally. I actually believed she was an ISTJ until she took tests that showed othewise. She's definately very empathetic though, likes to help you solve your personal problems and the part about fashion was very accurate at least of the the ISFJ I know. She also likes watching televisions shows like Oprah. I believe Eidos is right though, they don't really exaggerate that much. I think this is one reason ISFJs can be a bit gullible. Since they don't really exaggerate they tend to believe what you tell them at face value because the thought doesn't seem to occur to them that you might be exaggerating. She's not very imaginative and just tells you point blank what is wrong with the people she doesn't like. She also loves volunteering as a counselor at a high school. I think ISFJs tend to be particularly sympathetic to children. Valiant is a good description of her, she's definately no coward when it comes to righting an injustice. The bad part about ISFJs is that they can be very snobbish though. But I guess you have to take the good with the bad. I also believe ISFJs can be somewhat cold until you get to know them. She was like that, it took awhile before I saw the "real" her. The last two paragraphs were so accurate I'd have to believe you know my friend personally!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eidos
    Very good... I think it's on the spot except for this part:

When they dislike someone, some may gossip and spread exaggerated rumors about him or her or may discriminate out of biased judgment; they may even go so far as to shun those who do not discriminate against the same people they discriminate against.
    In my experience (of course I don't know all the ISFj's), they don't tend to be like this. They might complain alot about someone but they are generally precise in their presentation of the facts (they don't exaggerate).
    I know atleast two ISFjs who are like this ... they have a tendency to do that, but not all of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree gossip queens and kings.

Its annoying, they search for weaknesses in people and yet need to be with people. I had a close ISFJ friend before... I didnt make fun of the same people he made fun of

he eventually shun me. sooo stupid.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This description is me (kinda). But, it's funny what you say about criticising others. I believe that that is somewhat of a weak point in me.

I'm VERY gullible. When I'm stressed, I'll take everyone very seriously and take things very personally.

but, I'm more relaxed about house stuff than this description suggests. i don't really care if a bit of dirt gets traipsed through my house, I can clean it up later, and I only tidy as I go if I am feeling really stressed out. I prefer to do one big clean up because it's more satisfying I definitely don't own anything designer. And I'm not obsessed with arranging things either... this description is a little extreme

I'm not very good at influencing people either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish to know what it's like for an ENTj to live together with ISFj. I would like to read some descriptions. And to get some advice what to do when ISFj is convinced that she is right and starts boring you with her speach of how everithing is bad. My mom is ISFj. I love her, but she drives me nuts when she curses and complains about the people and taxes. It seems to me that ISFj doesn't see this world in a very positive light. And I can't do anithing to make her feel more positive to the World.
    Semiotical process

hey that describes me. just take away the spreading gossips part. i'm not that mean. i think what isfj people needs to learn is being assertive.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsb'07
    I wish to know what it's like for an ENTj to live together with ISFj. I would like to read some descriptions. And to get some advice what to do when ISFj is convinced that she is right and starts boring you with her speach of how everithing is bad. My mom is ISFj. I love her, but she drives me nuts when she curses and complains about the people and taxes. It seems to me that ISFj doesn't see this world in a very positive light. And I can't do anithing to make her feel more positive to the World.
    "Stop complaining about everything" sometimes work when my mother starts to rant like that.

The other possibility is to make a joke that shows the absurdity of their conclusions, but this is not as easy as the solution above.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit