Thread: Drugs Affect Types Differently?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Drugs Affect Types Differently?

Do drugs affect different types differently?

My example:
    I have a friend whom i believe to be INFp. I believe i'm INFj.
    When i get drunk, i get talkative and a little rowdy, i can be quite a happy drunk, although i have had some mood swings and become quite aggressive on occasion.

My INFp friend, is quite by nature. When he drinks, he's still quite. I mean, he gets a little more talkative, and you can have more less inhibitied conversations, but he doesn't get as much of a change in behaviour as me. And yes, i have seen him completely smashed before, and he was more talkative then, but he was still relatively quite, i mean, most people get more talkative while that drunk. I don't often see him get aggressive.

My theory is:
    Alcohol affects perception. My Ne gets thrown into overdrive when i drink (i do notice quite a bit of Ne in me when i drink). While with my friend, it is his Ni which is being affected.

I could be completely wrong here, tell me what y'all think....
    MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my own experience, I realized that INFjs are either allergic to alcohol or crazy drunks who are talkative and rowdy, like what That Guy mentioned. I belong to the former , and my limit is at most a quarter of a can of beer. My face will turn beet red, my body will be covered with rashes and I will start to puke, even from food that contain little alcohol. That's why I don't drink at all or go to clubs, 'cos I hate dancing infront of strangers. Hope that wouldn't make me a boring person. I enjoy seeing people getting drunk though.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    From my own experience, I realized that INFjs are either allergic to alcohol or crazy drunks who are talkative and rowdy, like what That Guy mentioned. I belong to the former , and my limit is at most a quarter of a can of beer. My face will turn beet red, my body will be covered with rashes and I will start to puke, even from food that contain little alcohol. That's why I don't drink at all or go to clubs, 'cos I hate dancing infront of strangers. Hope that wouldn't make me a boring person. I enjoy seeing people getting drunk though.
    You're missing out on a lot of fun!
    It's fun getting drunk and puking. Trust me. :wink:
    I don't like clubs though.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're both crazy!

I love clubs and i love dancin' even more
    MBTI - INFJ
    Socionics - INFx

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy
    You're both crazy!

I love clubs and i love dancin' even more
    I don't like rubbing against sweaty bodies.
    And shouting just to talk to someone next to you.
    AND people I don't know start yelling my name just because they overheard someone yelling my name!
    INTp
    sx/sp

Creepy-bg

I hate drinking... (and being social for that matter, no dancing/clubbing for me (but it's not a rubbing up against sweaty people thing, I just like a quieter peacefull enviornment)

and yes, drugs effect types differently but I'm to stoned and lazy to go into it right now with real life examples

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I hate drinking... (and being social for that matter, no dancing/clubbing for me (but it's not a rubbing up against sweaty people thing, I just like a quieter peacefull enviornment)

and yes, drugs effect types differently but I'm to stoned and lazy to go into it right now with real life examples
    You hate drinking?
    Well, I like peaceful environments. But I still like being around my friends.
    When we do drink, we go to cafes/bars/someone's house instead.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Creepy-bg

yeah it just makes me feel sick now, I get bad headaches from booze. I used to like drinking when I was younger, like before I turned 18.

drugs are more my thing...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a split personality when it comes to alcohol. The quiet, shy, morose me, becomes loud, funny, goofy and fun. My friends love it. Usually they prefer to get me drunk and watch. So yes I suppose this makes me their little circus monkey.

I take a couple of prescribed things for social and general anxiety. One of the drugs, you're supposed to take when an attack is starting and it makes me act confidently, I can talk easier, you know all the things it's supposed to do, also it makes time speed up.

I could mention others, but for a very logical reason, I feel the eyes on me.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Bionicgoat and Mea: maybe it is a characteristic of Delta not to like clubs. And INFjs probably have the most adversive reaction to alcohol. I like a peaceful environment too. I prefer to be surrounded by a small group of friends in a cafe, talking about people and interesting stuff.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when i drank which was over 15 years ago, personaliy wise, i drank to reduce anxiety related to polr. i think it helped the anxiety but not the unskilled behavior, but then again, i really didn't give a shit about unskilled behavior when intoxicated....

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, I like clubs and stuff, but I only really do crazy stuff if I drink past the point of memory (sidenote: shots of Jack Daniels can be dangerous ). When I go out, I like the slightly bigger clubs, with dance floors etc... and going out with a lot of people I know...
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve never done drugs. Alcohol seems to intensify my moods. If I’m happy, I’ll be a lot happier and if I’m depressed, I get super depressed. I’m usually depressed when I drink ..knowing full well I’ll become an emotional basket case that cry’s over anything and everything so I don’t know why I do it. A lot of people get more social when they drink…I don’t. I just space out for awhile feeling sorry for myself until I black out. And yet I can’t wait for tonight to have a couple drinks. I don’t get it. Ha.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I have experienced, the only dependance is on body-type. Mesomorphs tend to have high tolerance to alchool and to drugs generally, the more towards ecto or endo we go, the less the tolerance. My rationalization was that since endomorphism is defined as a predominance of the cardiovascular system over nervous and digestive, then drugs are processed and eliminated faster, therefore making their consumption more tolerable.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit