Hybrid View

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Energy talk among the statics: EP and IJ (reseting my bioryt

This question has come up because I am struggling horribly with resetting my biorythm. What do I want: wake up at 7am every day, be tired as hell for midnight so I can fall asleep and get 7 hours. That's it.
    (So TELL ME HOW TO DO IT!)

Also, I am wondering about the difference for IJs and EPs. I am finding I have a habit of resting different times of the day... but I don't really like that. I become unproductive... in my down time today, it took me 2 hours to take notes on one 20 page chapter.

For my as an LII, the problem might be with food intake. I am going to try to eat more and see if that affects things. More/more consistently. (I also read something that said the state you are in is very important when you eat... and I usually disregard it and eat fast. I suppose I don't retain much of the food I eat based on that habit... so I will try to work on that.)

How is this so for EPs?
    Or for anyone else I suppose.
    I might make another thread about: "The Art of Eating"... I could improve in that area I'm sure.

In combinatin with eating, I think I am going to have to do more physical activity, on my feet. Running weights, wahtever. The only way I could fall asleep last night was by staying up for about 40 minutes doing whatever I could to tire myself out. It worked, everntually, but I'd rather have been sleeping during that time.

Eating more + working out more - naps/rest periods = ?? (closer to my goal of Midnight to 7AM for sleep, hopefully)
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with you on that. I can function on less sleep say 3-4 h for a certain period of time but I have to get it at night otherwise my biorhytm gets screwed up. I know ESFjs that can pull off easily the "sleep when I want to" though, so mmh.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because of my hypersensativity to other people (hearing especially), I cannot sleep on command. And I think my sensitivity also limits my ability to sleep on command, because if the 'mood' isn't right, then I cannot really go against it.... when it comes to sleeping anyways.

PS: yeah, it is amazing how some ESEs can just turn it off.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I've been having real weird sleeping patterns recently - I spent a few weeks where I had to sleep nine hours a day, then two weeks where I couldn't sleep more or less than 7.5 hours without it killing me, then a week where I only needed 2-5 hours sleep and then now - I go to sleep at five in the morning and wake up at two in the afternoon . I'm probably not the best for sleep advice, but I've found that if I have an afternoon nap, I just sleep for the same time as normal later. In my experience, if I'm feeling tired in the afternoon, I feel refreshed and more productive again a few hours later, without needing to nap. On the food thing - it's best not to eat food 2-3 hours before your intended bedtime.

If your're getting bored with work, the best option for me is to force myself into seeing the error of getting sidetracked - I presume that I'm feeling unproductive because I'd rather being doing something else - so I just go and do those things until I feel guilty about it - this has the added bonus of giving me fuel\inspiration to work . This may take up time, but I find it's better than wasting time doing nothing, and I recover quicker (become more focussed) than resting.

If you've got to make notes on a chapter, it's best to read the ending\conclusion (also the subheadings?) first, or examine the general reasons for why you were told to read it - this makes it much easier to make notes.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.