0 Thread(s)

Default WHO AM I???

edited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Judging from your hatred of people who don't fit your criteria of being productive and the control freakery implied in your message, I doubt if you're an INFP. Then again, however, it seems there maybe deeper psychological issues at work here that go beyond type. Someone who has worked all of their life deserves a break in old age. I have no qualms with unproductive old people. I sure as hell don't want to be some fucking slave for the rest of my life. It'd be nice to have time to just do whatever the hell I want to do and not have to be "productive" according to someone else's fucked-up idea of what being productive constitutes.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opps! I should have put that under the 'What's my type' forum.
    tisk tisk tisk... someone needs to learn the rules.

Instead of taking a long, boring test, I want to let all you socionic experts analysis me.
    Nice work using the word "experts". I'm always a big fan of "buttering up" before people ask me to do something.

As for your description, why did Cone think you were INFP? You actually sound like an ISTP . Maybe that's why you wanted to become an assassin.

P.S. Cone's Mom rocks!
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"As for your description, why did Cone think you were INFP? You actually sound like an ISTP Surprised . Maybe that's why you wanted to become an assassin. "

Rocky, not EVERYONE's an ISTp.

She's such an INFp I simply can't see how one could say otherwis; she's like a hyper Transigent.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Creepy-

fdsfd

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Of course not, they're all ENTps "

Damn right!
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Creepy-Monica

You definitely are not INFP. Based on everything that you've presented about yourself there are only two types that you could possible be.

I'll start with these two descriptions. Do you identify with either of these , if so which fits you best?

A.
    Appears by more agitated in his behavior and internally more emotional person. It is reticent, but it is very obstinate and it can enter the conflict, when they are not considered its opinion. If it flares up, it is superfluously sharp and categorical in its statements.

It is restrained, cold, it does not love objections and long explanations. Constantly unnoticeably it follows the actions of others, trying soak to them or the errors. It is sometimes agitated by anything and observations are made, sometimes undertakes for the matter itself or tries soak to make it better without the excess words. By periods it attempts to correct position and then smiles preuvelichenno politely. With walking "is stamped" the step. Gait is sufficiently rapid. He appears by man pulled and active. It dresses conservative, although sometimes it attempts to appear aesthetically, even it is fashionable. With the conversation he tries to approach the collocutor, but without the direct contact. It is not inclined to the affectionate rotation even with the relatives.

B.
    Is held on the distance, they will lock, now and then cuttings it is straight-line. It is very independent and proud, it enters in the manner that to it it is convenient. In the conversation it is prickly and ironic, but it becomes affable and interested, if sympathy and respect are experienced to the collocutor. After noting that it offended man, it will regret about this, it softens, converts everything into the joke or it begins to be apologized, to calm. The vulnerability and sensitiveness hides itself behind the external inaccessibility. It is impatient and mobile, it loves constant changes and new impressions. It is active, operational and it is very thoughtful. It does not love discomfort in any manifestations. Therefore he tries to correct everything, to repair and to adapt for the convenience. It is required, reliable and punctual. It is exacting to itself and by others. It behaves with the cold merit, but it is emotional. Behavior is not predicted: the unexpected passages from the cold contemplativeness to the impulse actions. The gestures are impulsive, are decisive. Gait rapid, measured off.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, for some reason I'm going to hold Cone's opinion above other's, simply for the fact that he lives with her.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    "As for your description, why did Cone think you were INFP? You actually sound like an ISTP Surprised . Maybe that's why you wanted to become an assassin. "

Rocky, not EVERYONE's an ISTp.

She's such an INFp I simply can't see how one could say otherwis; she's like a hyper Transigent.
    Do I seem to recruite everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Molly
    I don't plan on being a senior citizen. (When I figure this out, will let you know.)
    You know, Abe Lincoln said something about how people want to live forever but no one wants to grow old.

As for why I think she could be an ISTP, I have some reasons,

What ever it takes to get the job done. (Oh, my manipulative side is leaking . . .) But I love facts, facts and more facts.
    I saw having a love afair with facts as being Te, unless of course her Te is similar to the way that ISTPs use their Fe.

Extremely open-minded and respect others’ view but only if they can defend and substantiate those views.
    Sounds like Ne dual-seeking to me.

I do have OCD which everyone knows, even my so-called friends, and they make my life a deliberate living hell! I’m reduced to shutting my eyes when I walk past two particular bedrooms. I am happy just to be able to semi control my own space.
    Si? or maybe I'm mistaken here.

I do things when I feel like it doing them. You, on the other hand, are expected to do what I want done WHEN I WANT IT DONE! Who’s the MOTHER here? The ultimate position of CONTROL!
    This part really does sound ISTP to me.

I want what I want when I want it and don’t want it when I don’t want it.
    Can you say SP?

I’m selfish I know, but sometimes I just feel like I’ve earned it somehow. But I get enraged with those elderly who think because they put their time in that the world and everyone owes them something. Everyone who is 65 and over should be shot if they are not productive beings in society. Everyone except me, of course. My husband calls me the Queen P. Yes, it’s what you think!
    ... maybe it's just me, but this part doesn't sound INFP to me.

I find any defiance from Cone and his sister as utter disrespect. This enrages me and the screaming starts which is just another attempt at manipulation. I want acknowledgement for all the hard work I put into constant housework. I often dream of living in a museum with everything sterile and in its place! Oh, God, Yes!
    Oh, God, Si + Te!

Extremely mistrustful. Always wanting to find my husband cheating to be justified in my neurosis, but know absolutely that he loves me dearly and would never put our relationship at risk.
    That sounds like ISxP.

Do have to stick my nose into everything that goes on around here. This is my domain! Cone is my domain so I have every right to snoop in his life.
    Extraverted Thinking! (Did you read into this diffrently from me?)

Are there any good things about me? I love deeply. Would I lay down my life or those I love? Well, no. I am too valuable. They might live and who would guide and test them? But truly, I am utterly devoted to the wellbeing of Cone and his sister, however misguided that devotion. I want them to learn the mental skills I lack to survive this life. I’ve watched Cone growing up being teased for his shyness. What I wouldn’t have given to murder the little bastards! Cone moves to college this coming Friday. Who will protect him then?! Why can’t I trust who he is and what he is. He is a wonderful soul. That you should all know! I did a good job didn’t I? Why does he have to be a byproduct of me? Why my reflection and not his own. If he ‘fails’, I fail. I can’t let him down! I just can’t. Forgive me, Cone. You will never know the depth of my love. I only hope it doesn’t destroy you.

... the confessions of an IxTP.

Trust. That’s the real issue here. I have never been able to trust. I don’t even trust myself.
    Have you ever NOT heard an ISTP talk about trust?

Does anyone here understand that to lose in anyway diminishes me? If anything happens to destroy my world, I will sink into an abyss of mental breakdown.
    I saw this as having a poor Ni.

I lash out with a cutting edge designed to utterly annihilate if I my authority is challenged. My husband (not Cone’s or his sister’s father) says I am a bull in a china shop when I lose it. The damage in then done and I cannot put it back together no matter how badly I regret my words, and all the “I’m sorry” ’s can’t make it right. I don’t understand why, when they all know I’m like that, that they just don’t just get over it!
    Wow, hmm... can I buy a vowel? Wait, nevermind, I think I can solve the puzzle... ISTP?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's take a look at , a self-proclaimed MBTI INFJ(I THINK, if not, she's definately said something about her being an INFX of some sort,):

"You cannot have both, can you? No, I don't think so.
    Let me explain.
    I have found this 8w7 ESTJ SX/SOC who is VERY, VERY healthy and really really likes me, and I think everything with him is really unusually suprisingly great, EXCEPT, I don't want to lose my freedom and I feel as though with him, I am going to and I am not ready to.
    I confess I want to stay single so I can still go out with super wealthy guys who will take me out to very fancy places and trips around the world, and buy me clothes and presents and mingle with high society and meet famous people and have intellectual conversations.
    This guy is the one I would marry though, although far from rich and high society, he is a real outdoorsman, has traditional values, is very sweet, tremendous gentlemen, very kind, and has a very, very good heart and lot of innocence.
    I have not told him of this need of mine to go out with multi-millionaires who live the lifestyle I want to live quite often, but not necessarily all the time.
    So, what does this mean? If I tell him I want to see others, will I lose him?
    I don't want to hurt him. But at the same time. I want to live a cool and fun life with a super rich boyfriend who wants to take me on trips around the world to places I could never afford on my own.
    I can't imagine settling down with one man and then never be able to afford to see travel the world the rest of my life. I could never do that. I would never do that. No way. Life is too short. I want to see the whole world I want to travel. I intend to, if it's the last thing I do.
    But, I don't want lose someone I could easily spend the rest of my life with either.
    Knowing his types, do you think that maybe he could accept the fact he and I can still have this wonderful relationship with each other with me traveling the world with someone else at the same time?
    I am afraid he will not accept it. But at the same time, I don't want to deny myself a full life."

"Brainstorm, what I don't understand is, what's in it for me? Why do I have to do all the sacrificing? Why do I have to? What's in it for me? What about me? What about my needs? What's in it for me? Don't I get something out of this too? You're acting like he's giving me something. Well, what I'd like to know is, WHAT THE HELL IS HE GIVING ME? ANYTHING? I would like to know what he's got to offer. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HE'S GOT TO OFFER."

"
    Thanks Lilalove, but I had a really hard time last weekend when I saw this dress that looked exceptionally well on me and I told him it cost $500.00 and he would really enjoy seeing me in it (he WOULD too!), however but since I couldn't afford it, and because of that he will miss the opportunity to see me in it (hint, hint, hint), and then he said "then don't get it".
    I was like "excuse me?" I was so taken aback, I thought he was going to offer to get it for me!!!
    And so then I said, "but then you won't get to see me wearing it" and he said, "I don't have to see you wear fancy clothes to impress me". And I was like, oh my god!! what I do now????
    I don't know how to handle someone not buying me this dress. I walked out of the shop thinking oh my god!! I don't know how to handle this!!!
    Meanwhile it is one week later and he is acting like nothing ever happened. Here I am I cannot get this MAJOR issue of contention out of my mind.
    I mean if this is the kind of life I have to get stuck to live with the reast of my days, then maybe he is just not the one for me, I am thinking, you know???
    Of should I offer him a chance to make some adjustment if he doesn't want to lose me before deciding to dump him?
    Ths problem with dumping him is that I really like him and I don't want to lose his company because I really like him.
    He just doesn't fit my politics, and I don't really want to lose him, but I don't know how to explain this to him.
    This is a MAJOR issue in my politics."

I don't know, those statements just seem to ring as similar in comparison to BM's to me.

Then there's also the fact that she's a self-proclaimed type 4 within the Enneagram system, a type well known for its almost strict correlation to the INFX, with the INFJ(Ni,Fe) correlating more often to it.

Creepy-

"I'll start with these two descriptions. Do you identify with either of these , if so which fits you best?"

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, it was like you were there in my mind! What a slap on the face that was.

Creepy-

Forgot to log in.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Forgot to log in.
    You still didn't.

B does sound like the ISTP description, so that lines up with what I said before.

(How embarassing for Cone would it be if he got his own Mom's type wrong? )
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do strongly trust in Cone's opinion, but at the same time, she doesn't really seem at all like an INFP to me.

Creepy-Monica

If you picked B that is ISTP.

Your very detailed self-description and V.I. led me to believe that you were ISTP or possibly ISTJ. I also took a look at your posts in the religion thread. The strange thing is that you sound just like my pastor but he is an ISTJ but you two share the same subtype.

I do strongly trust in Cone's opinion, but at the same time, she doesn't really seem at all like an INFP to me.
    I think that Cone made a simple error because she is his mother and her motherly instincts might come off as INFPish to him. So I still think that Cone is one of the wisest people on this board.

And I've noticed that our typing of people is often influenced by the role that they play in our lives.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So have you settled on ISTP?

In that case you'd have the same relationship that my Grandma and Dad have. My Grandma ISTP and my Dad INTP. Are you good at whipping Cone into shape? Are you good at embarassing him? Does Cone annoy the hell outta you because he takes so long to do things?

The embarassing thing is what my Grandma was really good at. My Dad told me one story when he was about 22 and his Mom was in her forties. They went to some bar or something together and were sitting alongside a bunch of strangers. My Dad tried to address her as "Mom" around all those stangers. She replied back with a serious face, "What are you calling me your mother for. What, are you to ashamed to admit to people that you are dating an older woman?"
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky: is self-pity a thing ISTps fall into?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky: is self-pity a thing ISTps fall into?
    Sometimes, not usually though. Often times if something goes wrong it will hurt but my mind has a way of telling me that I shouldn't really feel bad because it wasn't really my fault. I think to myself that maybe someone else is partially responsible or what happened wasn't THAT dramatic and anyone can make simple mistakes like that. It's the things that I can't sooth my mind about or look at in another way that really stick with me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elbow tchaikovsky freezer burn

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://socion.info/

^^ The test should be there if you want to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    When I read that first response to the religion thread, I had a gut reaction - "This doesn't sound like an INFp to me."
    I kinda thought that too but just figured she was an INFP because that's what Cone said. A lot of people so far seem to think that she doesn't sound like an INFP.

oldforumlinkviewtopic-849.html

Here's the link to the body movements, I would like to hear what you think.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edited

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Honestly, I don't know why I object to 'stupid' other than perhaps that perhaps it correlates with my feelings of hearing someone called a 'retard'."

Ti as your hidden agenda? >.>

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Honestly, I don't know why I object to 'stupid' other than perhaps that perhaps it correlates with my feelings of hearing someone called a 'retard'."

Ti as your hidden agenda? >.>
    No, Fi is her hidden agenda.

And I agree with Black Molly; for some reason the word "stupid" is my least favorite word.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"No, Fi is her hidden agenda.

And I agree with Black Molly; for some reason the word "stupid" is my least favorite word."

Drat.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: WHO AM I???

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned