Thread: type and past mistakes

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default type and past mistakes

what types are unable to get over/ashamed of/disheartened by past mistakes? what types suffer most ostensibly from this?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a lot of it has to do with how healthy a person is, though perhaps some types are more likely to hold on to past hurts and mistakes.

I pretty much just see mistakes as learning opportunities. I don't get upset when I think about most of them, though I've recently come to realize that there are some old relationship issues concerning my identity that I'm still working through.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-bg

it depends on what it is... things like just screwing up I have no problem with. but there are things from my past, like getting caught stealing, dropping drugs in the kitchen that my Mom finds... shit like that, those still sting pretty bad when I think of/ remember them. I guess it's stuff that I knew was wrong when I did them so I just put myself in automatic mode to get them done, then got caught afterwards (the stealing moneys thing) or when I get too high and fuck up (the dropping drugs thing) those hang in there and don't seem to go away.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My unintentional motto could be, "never forget, never forgive."
    I have a problem with such things. I'm assuming it's bad for general unhealthy people, but even worse for any negativist type.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Errr....I'm bad at it. Mistakes are generally removed from my consciousness, unless they are reeeeaaalllly big
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I have a problem with such things. I'm assuming it's bad for general unhealthy people, but even worse for any negativist type.
    I think rather negativists with weak Ni such as ISFj and ESTj.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    I pretty much just see mistakes as learning opportunities. I don't get upset when I think about most of them, though I've recently come to realize that there are some old relationship issues concerning my identity that I'm still working through.
    I agree with that, 100%. Mistakes always suck, but except when it's relationship-related I do see them as learning opportunities. In -related matters it's more like -- being stuck in them.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I think rather negativists with weak Ni such as ISFj and ESTj.
    I thought it was because I kinda see past as a part of the present. Past is the past but everything has an impact on the present and the future and all that... I'm just too good at imagining past situations in full emotional color (sometimes even enhanced emotion).

Maybe it's just a negativist thing?
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was because I kinda see past as a part of the present. Past is the past but everything has an impact on the present and the future and all that... I'm just too good at imagining past situations in full emotional color (sometimes even enhanced emotion).

Maybe it's just a negativist thing?
    You're right, it makes sense.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

living too much in past mistakes is self defeating i think. you can only get so much learning out of the past.

i try to look at the situation hard, take responsibility for what i did wrong (which doesn't usually feel too good), understand why i did what i did, identify what could have been done differently, tell someone, then move on.

staying in the past especially on past mistakes is kinda like piss running down your leg, who does it help? no one least of all you and it just makes you feel bad, which starts to affect you in the present.

so i say have the courage to face mistakes....this is the uncomfortable part....then move on. you are, after all, only human.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often