Thread: List of ISTjs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default List of ISTjs

deleted
    Last edited by guest32456; 12-30-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of you who don't know, Five posted this question in his "What's My Type?" thread and Pedro answered with this,

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    I always thought of certain eras of ancient Roman culture to be ISTj. I am a big fan of the romans and some of their generals give off the ISTj vibe of dauntless resilience in the face of overwhelming odds against them. I think the systemization of the roman legions as a force might very well have been an ISTj contribution and it was that contribution that led to the belief that the romans were "unbeatable" for several centuries. I think the reason you have a bad view of ISTjs is because MB seems to have a view that all S types are "lower" than N types and because it seems like descriptions are often written by Alpha Quadra which at best is neutral towards Beta and at worst is critical of Beta (the rational dual pair especially). Remember that ENTp/ISFp > ENFj/ISTj which leads to a lot of misconceptions. Hope that helps.
    I also mentioned that Morpheus from the Matrix is an ISTJ.

To add on that I want to mention again that I think Carl Jung himself was an ISTJ. No one seems to agreee with me on that one, but I see him as an ST rather than an NT.

Also, Five, maybe you should head over to http://braintypes.com/. Jon Niednagel from that site is an ISTJ. They have video clips of him on T.V. shows here in case you want to see what an ISTJ looks like.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got through writting a typological description for ISTjs on my website. Anyone who is familiar with ISTjs or anyone who is an ISTj, please read this and comment ...

http://socionics.wsphere.com/TYPOLOG...IONS/ISTJ.html

Also, if you know anything I cna add into the description about them, please speak.

I also mentioned that Morpheus from the Matrix is an ISTJ.
    Could Agent Smith also be an ISTJ? I agree that Morpheus is an example of a "good" ISTJ. His leadership style and faith in the Oracle seemed to have an ISTJ style about them. I don't think an INTJ would so willingly accept everything the Oracle had to say. I remember a movie from a long time back, I think it was called "Falling Down" or something like that about this angry guy who loses his job and custody of his daughter. His patriotism and impatience with beggars, rude sales clerks, etc., seemed very ISTJ to me. At the end of the movie before he pulls out the water gun and gets shot by the police, he laments that he gets no respect despite the fact that he designed missiles with which to defend his country. Just seemed very ISTJish to me. Wish I could remember the movie better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That could be really interesting about Morpheus and Agent Smith. I suppose they could represent the two sides of the ISTj 'coin', both trying their best to influence Neo. One is trying to guide him, the other to kill him. Agent Smith (an evil ISTj) tramples on anybody to get his way, and Morpheus (a good ISTj) is wise and brave.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Five
    That could be really interesting about Morpheus and Agent Smith. I suppose they could represent the two sides of the ISTj 'coin', both trying their best to influence Neo. One is trying to guide him, the other to kill him. Agent Smith (an evil ISTj) tramples on anybody to get his way, and Morpheus (a good ISTj) is wise and brave.
    I think this is right. Also, I think Batman is an ISTJ (maybe).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about real-life ISTjs? I know about Christy Mathewson, but I'm not certain on details of his behaviour (I'm not an American). Perhaps somebody could help me out on this?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carl Jung

Jonathan Niednagel

Christy Mathewson

Mike Krzyzewski (Coach K)

^^ These are all very respectable men.

I already talked about Jung and Niednagel, so here's something about the other two.

"Christy Mathewson brought something to baseball no one else had ever given the game. He handed the game a certain touch of class, an indefinable lift in culture, brains, and personality.’"
    -- Grantland Rice

"You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Mathewson

And Coach K quotes,

"Confrontation is good. It simply means meeting the truth head on."

“I have never made a decision based on what will get me the most money. To me, it’s about what was going to give me the most happiness. I have been really happy at Duke and fulfilled at Duke.”

“People have to be given the freedom to show the heart they possess. I think it’s a leader’s responsibility to provide that type of freedom. And I believe it can be done through relationships and family. Because if a team is a real family, it’s members want to show you their hearts.”

“It takes courage not only to make decisions, but to live with those decisions afterward.”
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Batman is an ISTp, but I'm not sure. Fighting for an ideal, no offense, just doesn't seem like something an ISTp would do.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for that, but I'd also like to have some information about what kind of people these were, or what they're known as. As I'm not American, these names mean little to me apart from Jung. The sites that you suggest give plenty of quotes and biographies but little in the way of a "character study".

Thanks in advance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    I think Batman is an ISTp, but I'm not sure. Fighting for an ideal, no offense, just doesn't seem like something an ISTp would do.
    No offense taken, that's why I said "maybe". I wasn't really sure about him.

Thanks for that, but I'd also like to have some information about what kind of people these were, or what they're known as. As I'm not American, these names mean little to me apart from Jung. The sites that you suggest give plenty of quotes and biographies but little in the way of a "character study".
    Five, I'll work on this.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it was written from someone else before, Germany resembles an Country of ISTj style. In no other country you will find so much laws, regulations and bureauCRAZY.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<-- Ayn Rand.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One question about ISTjs that I did have is whether, as the ISTj grows older, does s/he develop the ability to "switch on" aggression and will-power? I mean, Christy Mathewson was a gentle ISTj, but he dominated the sports arena. What do you think?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds about right. I think most introverted types can do this. They are considered energy conservers for the most part, but can become much more aggressive and intense when they need it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it becomes, then, a matter of learning how to "switch on" this energy and aggression. I'm just beginning to learn how to do this, because the thing that I put some of my faith in (remember the hidden agenda of an ISTj?) gives ideas on how to become aggressive.

Plus, the realisation that I'm an ISTj has improved my confidence with regards to aggression. Previously, I was attracted to those people who were very shy and introverted (think John Nash from A Beautiful Mind). I tried to be like them, and, as a result, became the stereotypical shy, meek, aloof scientist. But this isn't my true personality, and I've come through that phase to just 'be myself', which means that I'm re-discovering aggression and determination.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found this about Christy Mathewson. Hope it helps:

"The public's opinon of ballplayers as rowdies, roughnecks, and punks disappeared between 1905 and 1910 due in large part to the efforts of three men. They were John J. McGraw, the fiery manager of the New York Giants; Connie Mack (his real name was Cornelius McGillicuddy) the kindly manager of the Philadelphia Athletics; and Christy Mathewson, the greatest pitcher of his day...

Christy Mathewson helped change the public's attitude towards ballplayers by the example he set, always conductiong himself with dignity and respect for others both on and off the field. He was so idolized throughout the country that people started thinking that if he was a ballplayer, then baseball players must be okay.

Christy Mathewson was born in 1880 in Factoryville, Pennsylvania. He went to Bucknell University, where he played football as well as baseball. He was also an honor student and a member of the glee club and the college literary society. Handsome, modest, a superb athlete, he was the original all-American boy, and by his behaviour and his pitching he became the idol of millions...

For many years, Mathewson's catcher was Chief John Tortes Meyers, a Cahuilla Indianfrom Southern California, who was the Giants regular catcher from 1909 to 1915. Years later, when he was over eighty years old, Chief Meyers recalled what Matty was like in those days:

"How we loved to play for that guy! We'd break our necks for him. If you made an error behind him, or anything of that sort, he'd never get mad or sulk. He'd come over and pat you on the back. He had the sweatest, most gentle nature. Did you know he was a great checkers player, too?He was checkers champion of half a dozen states. He's play checkers with ten or twelve opponents all at once and beat every one of them. Actually, that's what made him such a great pitcher- his wonderful retentive memorycombinded with his great control. Anytime someone hit a ball hard off of him, you can bet that fellow never got another pitch in the same spot again."

~Lawernce S. Ritter
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Rocky, but what about fictional ISTjs and ISTj countries?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thought is perhaps adding any ISTjs in computer games to the list. I can think of some possibles like the Master Chief, Gordon Freeman and Agent 47. Although that might be a little over-the-top because computer game personalities are frequently incomplete ...

To summarise the list so far:
    Morpheus
    Agent Smith
    The Romans
    The Germans
    Jonathan Niednagel
    Christy Mathewson
    Mike Krzyzewski
    Carl Jung

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To summarise the list so far:
    Morpheus
    Agent Smith
    The Romans
    The Germans
    Jonathan Niednagel
    Christy Mathewson
    Mike Krzyzewski
    Carl Jung
    You can also add Ayn Rand to that list (Cone mentioned her) but I don't know anything about her so ask Cone. As for fictional examples, I think Star Wars has a good example of the Good/Evil ISTJs. I think both Mace Windu and the Sith Lord are both ISTJs. Also, if you watch The Simpsons, Principal Skinner is an ISTJ.

Some other real ISTJs are the New York Yankees "Boss", George Steinbrenner and England's Gordan Ramsey.

In case you were intersted, I just read a book valled "Catherdral" by Raymond Carver. I'm not %100 sure of Carver's type, but I got an ISTJ feel when I read it and he could very well be an ISTJ himself.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yoda- INTp or ISTj?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    Yoda- INTp or ISTj?
    Most definatly INTP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

::Expected a three page debate with you::

That takes the fun out of it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you did that just to start trouble, didn't you?

Yoda is INTP and not ISTJ because he is not only the deep philosophical type, but he is also extremly confident in his beliefs and visions. An ISTJ would always be wondering if their beliefs are actually "right". Yoda seems to be able to impress his ideas on to a lot of diffrent people. He's the laid back, open-minded, reflective leader and not a dominating presence. ISTJ leaders are more like the two guys I mentioned above; George Steinbrenner and Gordan Ramsey.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

>.>

I agree with you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    According to socionics.com, almost everyone is ISTj...
    That's because they base it pretty much on a picture and I'm sure a lot of them are wrong. I don't think that either Rumsfeld or Rice are ISTJs, although Sting, Flea and Ramsey may very well be.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So:
    Morpheus
    Agent Smith
    Mace Windu
    The Emperor in Star Wars
    Principal Skinner
    The Romans
    The Germans
    Ayn Rand (?)
    Jonathan Niednagel
    Christy Mathewson
    Mike Krzyzewski
    Carl Jung
    George Steinbrenner
    Gordan Ramsey
    Master Chief (?)
    Agent 47 (?)
    Gordon Freeman (?)

Regarding the last three, is trying to type computer game characters a bad idea?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky, further to my last post (I can't edit), you said that the Sith Lord is an ISTj. Did you mean the Emperor or another Sith?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://braintypes.com/jon.htm

^^ Gregor Mendel, Jon Niednagel and ISTJs.

Rocky, further to my last post (I can't edit), you said that the Sith Lord is an ISTj. Did you mean the Emperor or another Sith?
    Yes I meant the Emperor. Also, I don't know much about those video game characters. Someone might be able to type them.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it me or would an ISTj make a good soldier?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What professions are ISTjs inclined to do/are good at? (I put forward soldiering as an example.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could Li Mu Bai (from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) be an ISTj?