Thread: Another "me" topic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another "me" topic.

OI! I've just recently (over the past 3-4 months) become aware of, and started studying socionics; I find it extremely intriguing. Upon the advice of Expat, I've decided to enlist the help of the experts on this board in the quest to pin down my type. I am of the belief that I'm an INTj. You can read all 1,035 words I've written on this forum here.

Here are some pics of me as well...

The art on the wall (except the photograph to the left) was done by me, if that helps. Also, I produce drum 'n' bass, you can listen to tracks I've made at my website in my signature.

Thanks.
    INTp, ILI Logical subtype

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm, purely from VI, probably INTp?
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you bear somewhat of a resemblance to mysticsonic, fwiw
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    you bear somewhat of a resemblance to mysticsonic, fwiw
    Could you decode that please?

And Mea, what does "purely from VI" mean?

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with terminology.

As for the INTp, I feel this type applies to me only somewhat (based upon the type description at socionics.com). The only statements I agree with are:

"INTps are good at noticing contradictions in theories or opinions and can focus others attention to this."

"INTps are very sceptical to others who are undertaking new beginnings. They are able to pour cold water on others burning enthusiasm. They try to keep others from being passionate as they consider strong emotions to be harmful."

"Usually INTps are very economical. They do not like to make presents or lend money to others. Because of this quality they usually try to appear poorer than they actually are. However when it comes to spending money on themselves, they can be very generous. "

"INTps may check that all home appliances are off many times before leaving."

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drd252

And Mea, what does "purely from VI" mean?

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with terminology.

As for the INTp, I feel this type applies to me only somewhat (based upon the type description at socionics.com). The only statements I agree with are:

"INTps are good at noticing contradictions in theories or opinions and can focus others attention to this."

"INTps are very sceptical to others who are undertaking new beginnings. They are able to pour cold water on others burning enthusiasm. They try to keep others from being passionate as they consider strong emotions to be harmful."

"Usually INTps are very economical. They do not like to make presents or lend money to others. Because of this quality they usually try to appear poorer than they actually are. However when it comes to spending money on themselves, they can be very generous. "

"INTps may check that all home appliances are off many times before leaving."
    VI = Visual Identification
    Sorry.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

VI means Visual Identification, however, it's tricky.

What you quoted seems more like Negativism than anything else, which is common to INTjs and INTps.

Perhaps you can say what is it in that description you identify the least with.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fwiw = for whatever it's worth
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, the statements I identify least with (again from INTp type description from socionics.com):

"INTps with more developed aesthetic taste are neat and tidy. They look after their clothes which they know well how to compose and combine. When they interact with others they are softly spoken and unobtrusive, leaving others the impression that they are intelligent and educated."

"INTps with less developed aesthetic taste usually look like they are not bothered about their appearance. Their clothes are often old and worn and their footwear may be in a bad condition."

"They are able to predict short term forthcoming events in both visual and associative forms. Through observation and their own experiences INTps can create a precise model of others behaviour allowing INTps to predict peoples next moves. They often amaze and interest people with this quality. "

"INTps also look after their health and can be very captious in these matters. For example, they may wash their hands more often than others do. They pay a lot attention to hygiene and sanitation."

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not really helpful, those superficial traits don't say much. By the way, socionics.com isn't that good a site.

Another tack --

Leaving out the "psychopath" thing, what was in S's personality that you found most appealling? And the least appealling?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    By the way, socionics.com isn't that good a site.
    Yeah, I've been getting that feeling. I agree with a lot of what it has to say about INTjs though.

About "S", I really liked how easily we could communicate, because it's usually very difficult for me to explain ideas in a way people will understand; I didn't have to "dumb down" my speech. If there ever was a disagreement in our ideas, we could easily explain our rational for reaching our respective conclusions, and move on to the next topic. We would stay up til morning just talking to each other about anything and everything, but mostly ideas, the past and the future; it was so exciting I didn't feel fatigued. What I didn't like about her was her inability to control herself and an overall chronic pessimism. She's a compulsive spender and has accumulated more than $10,000 in debt over a 2 year span. She drinks way too much, several drinks a day, almost every day. She also has a cocaine and opiate habit. What I really didn't like was her ability to get me to follow her in her hedonistic-with-total-disregard-for-obligations lifestyle. She knows that drinking and doing drugs affects her mood dramatically, but she routinely indulges to the point of excess, and wont let anyone try to control her consumption. But her chronic pessimism is what really pissed me off, everything is gloom and doom with her; she has no hope for the future, for herself, or for the possibility of positive change.

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out the type descriptions for ILI and LII in the drop down menu here.
    SEE

Creepy-bg

hey man welcome to the wonderful clusterfuck we call socionics...

just wanted to say those are some killer tracks off your site. Alot better than any of the lame attempts I've made with FruityLoops. Nice stuff, you've actually got talent!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, socionics.com isn't the best, althought the traits I saw listed seem to match.

Truth to be told, there isn't a place on earth to find a decent description. They are all twisted in some way. A person can act in very different ways based on the same way of thinking.

I totally get an INTp vibe from you and it's not just from the pictures.

But her chronic pessimism is what really pissed me off, everything is gloom and doom with her; she has no hope for the future, for herself, or for the possibility of positive change.
    Thinking about the present by thinking about the future is a very (introverted intuition) thing to do. The future is truly entangled with everything that happens in the present, the present being just the time that leads to future developments...

You might want to read about Reinin dynamics vs statics dichotomy. It is considered the most reliable dichotomy by some major socionicists. It is also a scale where INTp vs INTj should be very clearly different.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Check out the type descriptions for ILI and LII in the drop down menu here.
    Yeah, those are both really close. The INTp seems to be more negative than me, I'm very optimistic, although I do frequently get negative thoughts. People always tell me that I "invent goals", that I'm too systematic with everything, I develop methods for everything I do. It would appear that you guys were right; I'm an INTp

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    hey man welcome to the wonderful clusterfuck we call socionics...

just wanted to say those are some killer tracks off your site. Alot better than any of the lame attempts I've made with FruityLoops. Nice stuff, you've actually got talent!
    Thanks! I enjoy new and varied clusterfucks The internet is great!

Thanks for the props! It's really nice when people appreciate my extremely hard work.

Drum 'n' Bass head

GorillaSound.net

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also got a Gamma NT vibe from you since the beginning; for the moment I'm inclined to go for INTp as more likely than INTj.