Thread: Real Life Descriptions of Intertype Relations

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Real Life Descriptions of Intertype Relations

I often find that the descriptions of intertype relations are very abstract and somewhat hard to understand. But I saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Do you constantly fight over the disagreements over a particular issue that has little to do with your relationship, while ending quickly and then resurfacing again? Sometimes making you feel like the relationship is going to end. However, in the next day the relationship is better than it ever was and amazing overall. A good way to describe this relationship is an erratic heart beat constantly increasing and decreasing and rarely remaining stable.
    and I thought "Hmmm that's pretty good. I'd like to see more of those." I'm sure a lot of us would. So if everyone could contribute a description that would be great!

Guidelines:

1) Either a description like Traveler's or a story about the relationship

2) Types of the people involved are relatively certain

3) Romantic relationship, close friendship, or family member
    ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, they can be abstract or casual or whatever. However you feel like describing it is fine.
    ENTj

"A conscience does not prevent sin. It only prevents you from enjoying it..."

"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible."
    - Thomas E Lawrence

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relation: Super-ego
    Types involved: ENFp, ESTp

I'm not sure how to describe the relation is a general way that is applicable for all super-ego relations.
    Anyway, I'll just describe the relationship briefly.

ESTps have Fe (to be loved) as hidden agenda, which is their 5th function. I could not adequately provide him with Fe, from what I've observed.
    I did not understand his behavior, and thought he was plain insensitive and overbearing.

Basically, I think super-ego types don't quite understand each other. They see things in very different perspective and can't understand why the other person feels/thinks that way. However, they can be curious about each other because of this difference.

I think quarrels between super-ego partners may be hard to resolve because they might not be able to understand where the other person is coming from. And they might not understand the arguments of their partner, and might think that it is irrelevant and that's not the kinda answer they were expecting.

Anyway, this is based on my experience. I might be wrong. Also, I don't think super-ego relations are the same when 2 involved individuals are friends, and do not have a very close relationship.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Real Life Descriptions of Intertype Relations

Quote Originally Posted by pezzonovante
    I often find that the descriptions of intertype relations are very abstract and somewhat hard to understand. But I saw this:

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    Do you constantly fight over the disagreements over a particular issue that has little to do with your relationship, while ending quickly and then resurfacing again? Sometimes making you feel like the relationship is going to end. However, in the next day the relationship is better than it ever was and amazing overall. A good way to describe this relationship is an erratic heart beat constantly increasing and decreasing and rarely remaining stable.
    and I thought "Hmmm that's pretty good. I'd like to see more of those." I'm sure a lot of us would. So if everyone could contribute a description that would be great!

Guidelines:

1) Either a description like Traveler's or a story about the relationship

2) Types of the people involved are relatively certain

3) Romantic relationship, close friendship, or family member
    That's such a great question! Most people describe things by applying the theory of how they think it should come out. It's nice to see how things *really* are in *action.*

By the way, what types were involved in the Traveler quote?