Quote Originally Posted by Subterranean View Post
So, perhaps munenori is an example of the Ne subtype, and Minde, rockclimber and Sereno are example of the Fi subtype? Munenori reminds me of the two people I've met who I'm pretty certain are INFjs - I also found that someone here had typed Stephen Merchant as a INFj a while ago (though this wasn't followed up) - I think all these people give off a similar vibe.

If I'm an INFj, then I would almost certainly be a Ne subtype - though people have said in the past that this is impossible, as they have the perception that my behavior best fits in with the Alpha quadra rather than the Delta quadra. I think possibly people may think I have an irrational temperament, and that I must therefore be an ENTp. I think it is possible that I have an irrational temperament, though I would make Boo Radley seem extroverted in comparision and I don't think INFp is much of an option (though I haven't really considered it). So, I'm pretty certain I'm a INxj Ne subtype...though ISTj has been implied (I think 'meh').

Basically, do people think me being an INFj is impossible (say, compared to me being an INTj)? This thread should possibly be in the 'What's My Type' section, but I wanted to address the issue of how different subtypes of INFjs (and INTjs) might seem.
I don't really know what subtype I would fall into, and in a way, I really don't care (not saying this in a nasty way). Also, I think that the whole "looking for your type" thing is annoying, especially when it's done through the internet. I look at it as being something you need to do alone, since nobody knows you as much as yourself... Also, the mass confusion that I see about typing also has to do with the mathematical intertype relations: "We are X relation, so X is supposed to happen." "You can't be X, because we get along." Add all this to the fact that people are organic and they grow with experience and age, covering potential weaknesses in time. The only thing I can tell you, if my opinion here really matters, is that you should read up on the types and see which you identify the most. That's basically it.