• Gamma NT

3 30.00%

Thread: My type TAKE TWO

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ... My type [TAKE TWO]

My criteria for an ideal spouse, who doesn't sound ESTp, necessitates a reconsideration of my type. What obscure possibilities -- ENxp, for example -- might I need to consider?

Actually, I'm very curious about what type my ideal husband sounds like:
    1. Someone who encourages me to be a better person, which entails:
    - Motivating me to do simple stuff that I usually consider a waste of time by providing me with a good example or enforcing a schedule. eg. making my bed every morning, hanging my clothes and putting them where they belong instead of throwing them into boxes, doing the laundry every week instead of monthly, waking up before noon to avoid missing out on dinner, and washing the dishes immediately after eating.
    - Laughing off my worries, assuring me that the situation is not as horrible as I imagine it to be, and that there's no need to feel like I have sinned against the world when I have failed to produce my work on time.
    - Offering new undertakings, keeping track of my progress and cheering me on while I'm working so that I don't give up mid-way.
    - Offering to go to museums/parks or play tennis/the piano together so that I don't spend entire days cooped up in front of the computer.
    - Doesn't scold me for asking "Um, where is the rubbish bin?" instead of "Excuse me, where is the rubbish bin?". Provides cues in formal situations so that I don't make such faux pas.
    - Reminds me of the right thing to do when I'm unmotivated by patiently talking over the situation instead of attributing everything to laziness.

2. At the same time, someone whom I can be myself around without the risk of condemnation:
    - Teases me about how ugly I have my scarf tied and ties it properly for me instead of ranting on what a retard I am.
    - Predictably laughs when I respond with put-downs to the constant fishing for compliments. eg. Awww why are you so cruel *nudge, repeat question until a kind remark is extracted*
    - Enthusiastically babbles on about mundane things that happened in the day, which spares me from having to talk about my uneventful life. Doesn't take offense when I don't respond to opinion polls or fall silent for minutes.
    - Encourages me to let out my silly side.
    - Provides distractions and makes an effort to raise my mood when I'm emotionally overwhelmed instead of calling me a weakling for breaking down at something as "trivial".
    - Doesn't mind it when I'm controlling and my manners degenerate into coarseness.
    - Doesn't stop believing in me when I'm performing below expectations. Won't stop talking to me just because my grades have hit rock-bottom.
    - Not offended by dramas with controversial themes like teacher-student relationships.

P.S. If anyone has anything against me, now is the opportunity to provide brutally honest feedback.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESFp sounds more likely for your spouse, actually

At the same time, I cannot really see a strong T (not to be thought about as an offense, warning!). So I'd say that Ni-INTp sounds plausible, given your description.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    ESFp sounds more likely for your spouse, actually

At the same time, I cannot really see a strong T (not to be thought about as an offense, warning!). So I'd say that Ni-INTp sounds plausible, given your description.
    Not offensive. I had expected less. I thought ESFps weren't the best examples of order in the household, though

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never lived with one so I do not know. Judging by interactions, the ESFps-Se I have known were all very squeamish and attentive in regard to their clothing, but the household can be different, I guess.

In any case quoting the description:

# He pays a lot of attention to the esthetic and order in his surroundings. Frequently he is the possessor of inborn taste, knows how to dress well and demands the same from his partners. He is attentive to “physical parameters” of his partner. In all his activities he shows a lot of initiative. However, he lacks a sense of measure: he is ever unsure that he has done all he could.
    Still, description without experience is meaningless.

for example, the thread in which you highly criticized somebody that responded to you with the emoticon <3 was not something that an Fe type would have reacted to so severely.
    Thanks for fondling the wound

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i consider you an INTp. i remember thinking after a couple posts you made in the last few days that you were probably not an Fe type, as you claimed.

for example, the thread in which you highly criticized somebody that responded to you with the emoticon <3 was not something that an Fe type would have reacted to so severely.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The description is definitely ethical, sensing, and extroverted. Maybe you are an INTj?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about that. The description sounds more like an ESFj than ESFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    The description is definitely ethical, sensing, and extroverted. Maybe you are an INTj?

i was actually thinking the same? something ESF there.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: ... My type [TAKE TWO]

Consider this.

Quote Originally Posted by raisonpure
    1. Someone who encourages me to be a better person, which entails:
    This mostly represents the Super-ego, the expectations you feel that you need to "live up to."

- Motivating me to do simple stuff that I usually consider a waste of time [] by providing me with a good example or enforcing a schedule [].
    - Laughing off my worries, assuring me that the situation is not as horrible as I imagine it to be, and that there's no need to feel like I have sinned against the world [] when I have failed to produce my work on time. []
    - Doesn't scold me for asking "Um, where is the rubbish bin?" instead of "Excuse me, where is the rubbish bin?". Provides cues in formal situations so that I don't make such faux pas. []
    - Reminds me of the right thing to do when I'm unmotivated by patiently talking over the situation instead of attributing everything to laziness. []
    2. At the same time, someone whom I can be myself around without the risk of condemnation:
    This mostly represents the Super-Id, your child-like, suggestible side.

- Teases me about how ugly I have my scarf tied and ties it properly for me instead of ranting on what a retard I am. []
    - Predictably laughs when I respond with put-downs to the constant fishing for compliments. eg. Awww why are you so cruel *nudge, repeat question until a kind remark is extracted* []
    - Enthusiastically babbles on about mundane things that happened in the day [ESFj all the way!], which spares me from having to talk about my uneventful life. Doesn't take offense when I don't respond to opinion polls or fall silent for minutes.
    - Encourages me to let out my silly side. [ ]
    - Provides distractions and makes an effort to raise my mood when I'm emotionally overwhelmed instead of calling me a weakling [subdued ] for breaking down at something as "trivial".
    - Doesn't mind it when I'm controlling and my manners degenerate into coarseness. [ / ]
    It's settled. You're INTj.

But seriously, this description appeals to me as well. I'm quite convinced.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm...INxx for sure. Could be INTp. Probably not INFp. INFj and INTj possible.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp is also possible.
    The description sounds like a very strong positivist, though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like thehotelambush's explanation. it does sound more like an ESFj than an ESFp, imo.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    ENTp is also possible.
    The description sounds like a very strong positivist, though.
    Good point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Umm...INxx for sure. Could be INTp. Probably not INFp. INFj and INTj possible.
    I asked my friend -- who keeps close track of my expressions -- to compare the photos at socioniko.net. The results:

INFp vs INTp: "Well, at first I thought the ones for INFp look like you, but the ones in INTp fit more."
    INFj: "Pfft, no. I've never seen you with such a... benevolent expression. Only the last one looks like you."
    http://socioniko.net/img/ri_012.jpg
    INTj: "Yeah, you look more like these people. Actually, I often see you with this expression... Yes, you look like a complete dork most of the time"
    http://socioniko.net/img/li_001.jpg
    http://socioniko.net/img/li_010.jpg

No one thinks that ENFp is very likely?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

That description for your ideal husband does come off rather ESXJ to me. That would make you an INFJ or an INTJ, but this is just speculation.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your posts so far remind me of an INTp.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why use VI when you don't have to?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I had little time to be bothered about the bandwidth and time of others

But is it unnecessary because a conclusion has already been reached using data that isn't completely consistent?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I had little time to be bothered about the bandwidth and time of others

But is it unnecessary because a conclusion has already been reached using data that isn't completely consistent?
    VI is good for getting a general idea, but I thought we were past that point now.

I don't really have any more constructive input, so just let me know when you've come to a conclusion about the whole thing.