View Poll Results: What Type Are You(only if you are sure)

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • INTj

34 27.20%
  • INTp

17 13.60%
  • ENTj

6 4.80%
  • ENTp

19 15.20%
  • INFp

13 10.40%
  • INFj

6 4.80%
  • ENFj

0 0%
  • ENFp

11 8.80%
  • ESTj

0 0%
  • ESTp

4 3.20%
  • ISTp

9 7.20%
  • ISTj

0 0%
  • ISFp

3 2.40%
  • ISFj

0 0%
  • ESFj

3 2.40%

Thread: Type distribution poll

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type distribution poll

Remember these are you SOCIONICS types. Please only respond is you really know your type.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How come there isn't more ENTP's?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default :)

Look at it this way... The only ones who are interested in psychology more are conceptualists and others NFs who 'swallow information'. ENFP and INFP, INTP, ENTP, INTJ types are mostly here. Anyone seen ENTJs here? I guess they don't bother with this because socionics isn't something you can make money on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default :))

Oh, yes. I forgot to tell you. Sensorics, or if you like it more - realists aren't interested in psychology at all... They spend more time in other matters.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone seen ENTJs here? I guess they don't bother with this because socionics isn't something you can make money on.
    My ENTj friend believes in quantum physics yet he doesn't believe in Socionics. What kind of logic is that?

And don't forget the Golden Rule: People defy logic, no matter what their types are.

Your Quasi-Identical INTp friend,

Cone
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My type

At the time this poll was started I thought I was sure I was a socionics INFP, now though I have come to see the light and changed my type to INFJ, so maybe it could be possible to change my vote. Nitpicking of course, but since Accuracy is to a newspaper what virtue is to a lady, but a newspaper can always print a retraction. :wink:

Creepy-Guest

There are only 14 choices in the poll. Shouldn't there be 16?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fixed...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, actually, you forgot about my dual, the ESFp. But then again, would you really expect an ESFp to be on a psychology forum?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interestingly enough, 15 options is the max for polls currently. Someone should really get the administrator to fix that. Fucking lazy ass admins.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, Admin,

I have voted as INTp with only 60% certainty that I am this type in general (i.e. over the long term), but I am 100% sure that I AM an INTP at this very SECOND.

Hope you will accept this sincere vote of mine. :wink:
    *--*----[Viv]----*--*
    The ENTp Chinese Roast Duck

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It says here that we have an ISFp!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VivPhilos
    Hi, Admin,

I have voted as INTp with only 60% certainty that I am this type in general (i.e. over the long term), but I am 100% sure that I AM an INTP at this very SECOND.

I don't disagree! You're manner of writing in other threads reminds me of another person I know, who is INTP. Always with a succinct summary at the end.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't disagree! You're manner of writing in other threads reminds me of another person I know, who is INTP. Always with a succinct summary at the end.
    Hey, I like this observation! - Never noticed this before myself.
    *--*----[Viv]----*--*
    The ENTp Chinese Roast Duck

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Quote Originally Posted by VivPhilos
    Hi, Admin,

Are you referring to me? Because I always write a succint summary in my threads, if youve noticed.

So, in summary, I am INTp and I like to write summaries.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this round of celebratory snowcones from hell is on me!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, sorry. Both from internet hearsay and my personal experiences, those having the ISTp type are the most improbable to be interested in socionics.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice, I was drawn in by the 16types logo, thinking this was a Devo fan cult. My disappointment didn't last long though because socionics is pretty awesome, too.
    i have played in every toilet

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    239 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think alot of S types could potnetially be, and already are, interested in this stuff, but theyre not likely to spend their time in theoritical and conceptual discussions like the N types are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mamma Mia!

So this is the place where I have my be-alikes more than anywhere else?
    A while ago I thought I was quite alone. But for real... is it really so, that Intj is 1/100? What are the real numbers for males and females respectively? Interested in psychology in general or personality psychology? The latter invokes a search for be-alikes.

So just because we INTj-ers are here, is because we like it and are happy?!
    Wonder why and if I have to be an INTJ or how to do the best of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'm a......

an ESTP
    Everyone Seems (Is) too Proper

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guess I'm ISFP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hmm

I would argue ISTPs are not the least likely to come accross it. We constantly collect facts and data about the environment around us and try to get some sort of practical use from it, use it as a tool of some sort I would say. I dabbled in the functions part of socionics, but couldnt really get myself interested in that (too abstract I think). I find socionics very practical for helping me to understand people and their behaviour... Why they act the way they do.

I did come accross it just reading about profiling personalities though. I came accross a myers brigg test, then read my myers brigg description. I then came accross socionics which was even more accurate and scared me with the physical descriptions.

I use V.I. now as a tool for predicting and explaining my interactions with people. Then again, it is only a 'guideline'

Oh, yes. I forgot to tell you. Sensorics, or if you like it more - realists aren't interested in psychology at all... They spend more time in other matters.
    I truly wish I was more intuitive at times, like when I had chemistry class back in high school
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The largest russian socionics forum (socionics.org/cs/forums) also has a lot of INTJs, more than any other alpha quadrable type. But, it also has a lot of INTPs, about the same number.
    Meanwhile, this forum is almost pure-alpha (which is logical due to quadrable sequence - alpha is the first to come when there's something new and interesting to discuss). Also, INTJs are very rational and more likely to participate in poll like this ))

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The largest russian socionics forum (socionics.org/cs/forums) also has a lot of INTJs, more than any other alpha quadrable type. But, it also has a lot of INTPs, about the same number.
    That's alot of quasi-identical tension. Do they ever get anything done over there?

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    That's alot of quasi-identical tension. Do they ever get anything done over there?
    No )). Well, that forum is more about general communication, hanging out with fellow socionics followers. I guess there are around 200 active users, much more registered ones. There is a lot of tension, not only between intp and intj types, but in alpha-gamma and beta-delta types in general.
    Not a lot of "revolutionary" ideas, right now every socionics "branch" is focused on finding effective algorithm to determine type. It turned out to be a hard task.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"effective algorithm to determine type." ??

Couldn't they find other things to do? There are already several ways to determine type, and it just becomes easier with more and more experience; especially if you can make physical ties. You'd think by now they would be trying to manipulate and dominant over people. Wouldn't that be spending their time more valuably?

What kinds of "ground breaking" or even new things can you expect or hope for with socionics? (maybe this should turn into a new thread).
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    "effective algorithm to determine type." ??

Couldn't they find other things to do? There are already several ways to determine type, and it just becomes easier with more and more experience; especially if you can make physical ties. You'd think by now they would be trying to manipulate and dominant over people. Wouldn't that be spending their time more valuably?

What kinds of "ground breaking" or even new things can you expect or hope for with socionics? (maybe this should turn into a new thread).
    The problem is that there is not much covergence between typing-experts. There was an experiment where one man was typed into 14 types out of 16 (or smoething aroud this) by different experts.
    Well, I think. manipulating people is not what socionics is about. Its more about knowing yourself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In socionics, I took a test which placed me just on the p/j boundary. Reading the profiles, I must say that, although I'm an MBTI INFP, here I fit the INFj the best, the main deviation being a dislike of routine. However, the socionics INFp really doesn't fit me too well. Although I do enjoy dramatizing things (It's my no. 1 laugh-maker with others :wink: ), it isn't a natural inclination. Grace isn't a natural inclination of mine, either. In fact, my most natural inclination would be to hide in a dusty corner with naught but my super-computer and all games I can play, as well as a good internet connection. On the other hand, I'm really not all that well organized. In the end, the arrow points slightly towards the "j" in here.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ummm thanks for including ESFp
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

TIM
    Introvert sp/sx
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, poll invalidated!
    Moonlight will fall
    Winter will end
    Harvest will come
    Your heart will mend

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thread of the Year 2008 plz.
    D-SEI 9w1

This is me and my dual being scientific together

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzy View Post
    I am indeed an ISTP. Woo.
    Herzy's ISTP?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'll be back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone View Post
    Well, actually, you forgot about my dual, the ESFp. But then again, would you really expect an ESFp to be on a psychology forum?

say whaaaaaa?!?!
    ESFp-Fi sub
    6w7 sx/so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by liveandletlive View Post
    say whaaaaaa?!?!
    whaaaaaa
    ...the human race will disappear. Other races will appear and disappear in turn. The sky will become icy and void, pierced by the feeble light of half-dead stars. Which will also disappear. Everything will disappear. And what human beings do is just as free of sense as the free motion of elementary particles. Good, evil, morality, feelings? Pure 'Victorian fictions'.

INTp