Thread: Acceptophobia?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Acceptophobia?

Does anyone else perceive some kind of bias against subtypes, that the creative subtype is better than the accepting subtype? I've noticed that many forum members are all too ready to define themselves as the creative subtype. It would even seem that the word "creative" is more favorable in society, implying that one is more productive and divergent. Then again, maybe accepting subtypes are more passive and understanding? Or maybe I should just stick with my belief that subtypes don't exist?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Acceptophobia?

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Does anyone else perceive some kind of bias against subtypes, that the creative subtype is better than the accepting subtype? I've noticed that many forum members are all too ready to define themselves as the creative subtype. It would even seem that the word "creative" is more favorable in society, implying that one is more productive and divergent. Then again, maybe accepting subtypes are more passive and understanding? Or maybe I should just stick with my belief that subtypes don't exist?
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean by creative and accepting subtypes. Is creative intuitive and accepting ethical, or something else entirely?

Laura

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, the sub-type stuff isn't anything that is confirmed i don't think. Heck, there is alot we don't know, so we had best not speculate so much. Socionics is a very new way of thinking. I know I talk alot about accepting and producing types, but I am not sure that there is necessarily a correlation with sub-types. Much of this is speculation on my part. I agree that it is something to be careful with.