Thread: Celine Dion

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Celine Dion

Some of her songs are very nice in an Fi sort of way...I think it's very unlikely she is irrational. I could see some sort of extroverted F+S type. I definitely see strong Se in her.
    Lots of ESI -ness there, yeah?
    quotes: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...line_dion.html

Last edited by silke; 07-17-2014 at 09:38 AM. Reason: updated links
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably ISFj.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Megan
    Probably ISFj.
    I'm rather thinking of EIE...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4BGvPngM

((Sorry, I don't know how to put the link up properly))

She reminds me a lot of my ISFj mum.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never really liked her, types aside, but i also see where people are getting ISFj.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i also think shes *thumps chest with fist* EIE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    never really liked her, types aside, but i also see where people are getting ISFj.
    There is something about her which makes it rather difficult for me to feel drawn to her too. I think she is not naturally a very expressive person and when she tries to be expressive it seems odd and not quite right for her. She talks about her connection and bond with her child and husband in this way that seems ISFj to me.

I feel even less drawn to her husband for some reason..

Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now it could just be because she is a superstar performer, but she does seem to have an S vibe. I do not know much about her though.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is weird because I was thinking about this today, and wondering her type. (I usually am not thinking about her)
    My guess is ISFJ.

Courage? Do you like her music?

I know several LSE who really like her music. I know a lot of people really like her, but when I asked one LSE-Te what his favorite KIND of music was he replied "Celine Dion". My grandfather LSE-Te also really liked her and had all her music. Another serious fan is a girl LSE-Te.

I have found this connection odd and was talking about it earlier with my sister. . .
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Hmm.

I liked how she said 'if you hold on to one dream and it doesn't work you lose everything.' That's so true, but on the flip side if you have a dream that is so powerful and it comes true, you gain everything.' So there's a risk in being single-minded and 'pure' like that.

What's interesting about her is that Canadians usually can't stand her, but Americans tend to love her. Generally speaking. I think this makes sense, because Canadians tend to be more idealistic than Americans, she seems like a total sensor, warning about dreams getting out of hand and the like.

ISFj works, or at least one of the more ones that I find pleasant. She kinda has a calm energy to her but it's a bit too nihilistic and 'whatever' for my tastes. I dunno.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Also I don't believe she really gives a crap about anybody but her own family. She's not a very good *wannabe* bleeding-heart liberal. Her speech about caring for others seems so fame-whoreish but then again when pampered celebs get all I CAN CHANGE THE WORRRLDD on me I just gotta roll my eyes.

I actually don't believe there's a balance between family-love and world-love. Either you really want to save the world, or you really want to save your family. Deep down a lot of choices you make in life come down to that.

Of course, you always just want to save yourself but that's a moot point.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Christy B
    This is weird because I was thinking about this today, and wondering her type. (I usually am not thinking about her)
    My guess is ISFJ.

Courage? Do you like her music?

I know several LSE who really like her music. I know a lot of people really like her, but when I asked one LSE-Te what his favorite KIND of music was he replied "Celine Dion". My grandfather LSE-Te also really liked her and had all her music. Another serious fan is a girl LSE-Te.

I have found this connection odd and was talking about it earlier with my sister. . .
    I do like her music somewhat it seems.
    An INFj I know is a big fan of her as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Courage
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=aETZqx2QpQM

Lots of ESI -ness there, yeah?
    Yeah, totally ESI.

I like this song! I watched it three times in a row the other night you started this thread! : )
    EII 4w5

so/sx (?)

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched a youtube video of "Love you more" and I caught very strong FiSe elements from it (nice melody, slow harmony and heavy beats). So I actually expected this thread to say ESI without looking at any other elements of her as a person.

Oddly enough I like that song. I like the nice melody, not so much the strong beats. My role function must be acting up again. *Slap* get down der!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-00 EII. If not, LSI.

I don't think she's an Asker whatsoever.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump.

I also get an ESI vibe from her.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see ISFj at all. Total ESFj.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Sauron, The Great Enemy ArchonAlarion's Avatar
    TIM
    Yet to be determined
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fe ISFp...
    The end is nigh

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going with ISFj. She isn't displaying love, she's saying love... she's also singing about love from a standing record rather than a present experience. I listened to part of one of her songs and watched part of a music video, and noticed in her description of someone who she admired ("you had faith in me") and in her body language (a confident, stable stance on the stage, with occasional intentional movements that showed that she wasn't just stiff).

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"coming up. the board game celine plays with her son!"

lol. I already know. I think everyone knoes.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, she's not an ISFj... her songs are way too passionate and unstable to be anything Static. The emotions in her voice are obviously very exaggerated, nuanced, broad, and varied... which is obviously Fe. Most of her songs are fiercely romantic, which is usually something Ni/Se quadra.

Take a look at this video... pretty much everything in the video are very exaggerated for emotional effects:

The sheer strength of her voice makes me think Rational... IP Fe usually goes up and down, high and low in short frequent bursts.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ESI is most plausible.
    Most of her quotes on the IMDB seem to point towards it. Seems ambitious and tenacious, but prioritizes that drive through Fi values

"I guess it all depends on your nature. Some people can't stand being alone. I love solitude and silence. But when I come out of it, I'm a regular talking machine. It's all or nothing for me."

"There's always a new thing happening to me that's even more extraordinary, so pressure gets harder. But I like it when it's hard. Anyone can do it when it's easy. When it's hard and you can do it good, you're proud of yourself. There's going to be more pressure as the years go by, that's for sure. But I think I'm a hard worker and I'm ready for that. As long as I believe in what I'm doing, the pressure is okay with me."

"There's one way to do showbiz, if you want to do it perfectly, you have to be disciplined and you have to be ready to work really hard."

"My life is to be a mom. It is what I enjoy the most. It is my most amazing reward. I will take a chance with my music. I don't take risks with my family."

"I love performing, but I never really liked show business. My success is my family. I want to be more successful as a mother."
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFjs and IJs are not really that emotional and dynamic... There's pretty much no stability or calmness in her music that is present in Static types, especially when IJs are the most stable type. Her emotions are way too exagerrated to be anything but Fe I think.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's usually typed ILE. husband SEI. the VI holds true for this. she does seem to be slightly out there. i believe it. no way isfj.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Nah, she's not an ISFj... her songs are way too passionate and unstable to be anything Static.
    That's not passion... it's just a beautiful voice, with skill in singing to boot.

LII-Ne

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and the Usenet is NOTHING like Shakespeare!"
    - Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    she's usually typed ILE.
    Huh? A Google search (for "celine dion socionics") turns up first this page that types her creative:

Introduction into Socionics

The second search result is this thread. The third entry, another forum thread, also lists her as creative.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFjs and IJs are not really that emotional and dynamic... There's pretty much no stability or calmness in her music that is present in Static types, especially when IJs are the most stable type. Her emotions are way too exagerrated to be anything but Fe I think.
    I don't much like this line of reasoning. There are people other than Fe-ego types who sing, and have powerful music.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
    I think ESI is most plausible.
    Most of her quotes on the IMDB seem to point towards it. Seems ambitious and tenacious, but prioritizes that drive through Fi values
    Yeah.

5 years of doing shows at Las Vegas - and yet she did this to have stability for her family as her son was growing up.

She's very confident.

And you believe her when she says she'd drive all night to get to you.

I cannot see her face as being irrational.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brilliand View Post
    That's not passion... it's just a beautiful voice, with skill in singing to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu View Post
    I don't much like this line of reasoning. There are people other than Fe-ego types who sing, and have powerful music.
    I'd suppose, but it's not so much to do with ability, but also to do with preference... Fi, as a rule, is supposed to be very stable and calming, and also not change very often. Fi is supposed to calm down the emotions in others. While Fe is about evoking emotions in others and "waking up" the emotion. Even if a Fe type may not necessarily be an emotional person, he/she will still be swayed or moved by passion and skilled at evoking the emotions in others.

I'll give you an example... this is what Static music usually sounds like:

As you can hear, the music is very consistent and stable throughout the whole song... There are no sudden change or shift in mood or emotions, nor there are many ups and downs or highs and lows. Overall it's very calming and stable, and the mood relatively stays the same throughout the whole song. The reasoning is that Dynamic types are constantly shifting and changing, while Static types remain the same.

If you want to know more, then you can look at Olga's music theory threads in the Alternative Socionics Theories section... lol. I find them very helpful at typing music and musicians...

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...tic-music.html

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...mic-music.html

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd suppose, but it's not so much to do with ability, but also to do with preference... Fi, as a rule, is supposed to be very stable and calming, and also not change very often. Fi is supposed to calm down the emotions in others. While Fe is about evoking emotions in others and "waking up" the emotion. Even if a Fe type may not necessarily be an emotional person, he/she will still be swayed or moved by passion and skilled at evoking the emotions in others.
    is not anti-emotion... it is a different sort of emotion, that is not as active in its expression.

IJ types (including dominants) will tend to be very stable and calming, and I think that does describe her - but not in an "anti-emotion" sort of way. Indeed, the emotions that she sings about are very stable in nature - but they are still emotions.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Originally from black hole, currently residing in Jupiter
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you guys talking about?
    Emotions- it doesn't matter who expresses them: SLE, ESI, LII, SEI, IEI..etc - they must be dynamic. Emotions can never be static. Feelings can.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarinana View Post
    What are you guys talking about?
    Emotions- it doesn't matter who expresses them: SLE, ESI, LII, SEI, IEI..etc - they must be dynamic. Emotions can never be static. Feelings can.
    Eh... you're defining "emotions" differently than I am.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I vote ESI.
    IEI-Fe 4w3

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is not anti-emotion... it is a different sort of emotion, that is not as active in its expression.

IJ types (including dominants) will tend to be very stable and calming, and I think that does describe her - but not in an "anti-emotion" sort of way. Indeed, the emotions that she sings about are very stable in nature - but they are still emotions.
    Didn't say that it was anti-emotion, but it is supposed to calm down the emotions in others.

And I don't find her songs to be very stable, especially comparing with that song by Britney and other "Static" songs. Honestly I doubt that any Fi types would find her exaggerated and dramatic way of singing to be anything Fi. To me, it evokes emotions and passion within myself.

You know I've listened to some more of her songs... I think that she could be IEI.
    Last edited by Singu; 11-12-2009 at 04:32 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't say that it was anti-emotion, but it is supposed to calm down the emotions in others.
    No... it has that side effect at times, but that's really not the point.

And I don't find her songs to be very stable, especially comparing with that song by Britney and other "Static" songs. Honestly I doubt that any Fi types would find her exaggerated and dramatic way of singing to be anything Fi. To me, it evokes emotions and passion within myself.
    I'm not sure what you're looking for here... Brittney's music was poor music more than anything else (singing "gimme gimme" in a sexual tone with techno running in the background?). Celine is an excellent singer, and the smooth rise and fall of her voice is similar to how I sing, though more polished I'll wager. We really need to determine her type from the content of her songs, not the music.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well what I was getting at is that the song is very calming and stable, and there are no sudden sharp changes or contrasts in the song or her voice. Overall, the mood of the song stays relatively the same, there are no sudden changes. There are no extreme highs and lows and the mood is consistently more in the middle. That is a Static quality.

If you want another (better) example, then listen to some of the stuff Madonna, although they're not necessarily Fi, but they're still Static.

Compare those songs to Celine's songs like "I Love You"... there are so many sharp changes and contrasts in her song and her voice. That's more Dynamic. And even if we are judging by the content of her songs, most of the songs are mainly "romantic" and full of passionate feelings, which could be said for IEIs.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep in mind that she's a performer; the image she displays on stage may not be the same as the personality she exhibits while in a more "natural" environment. Just like many actors can play various roles that are separate from their own personas
    Last edited by Marie84; 11-12-2009 at 07:01 AM.
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh? A Google search (for "celine dion socionics") turns up first this page that types her creative:

Introduction into Socionics

The second search result is this thread. The third entry, another forum thread, also lists her as creative.
    yes...i was thinking of MBTI websites not socionics. i just think she's a little weird in that ILE kinda way. based on some interviews i've seen on my own. i need to take a look at those posted here though, too.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she's like a clone of my ESFj friend. I don't see how she could be anything but that.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well what I was getting at is that the song is very calming and stable, and there are no sudden sharp changes or contrasts in the song or her voice. Overall, the mood of the song stays relatively the same, there are no sudden changes. There are no extreme highs and lows and the mood is consistently more in the middle. That is a Static quality.

If you want another (better) example, then listen to some of the stuff Madonna, although they're not necessarily Fi, but they're still Static.
    Okay, I see what you're referring to; Celine seems quite a bit more Dynamic than Madonna (in terms of both flow of mood and the perspective from which they tell their respective stories), and they're both excellent singers. However, I'm now going to suggest ESE as the most likely type, partly because of Jewels' impression and partly because I still see strong - demonstrative though it may be.

LII-Ne

- Blair Houghton

Johari

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast