SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rocky Balboa

ESFp.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for asking.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-bg

Default Re: Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    ESFp.
    wow you actually posted your own answer to one of your little questions... good job!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any day

What I'm wondering actually is if the way he jokes is a sensory subtype thing or a thing with males... because I know of a handful of ESFp males who do that.
    SEE

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was about to start a thread on this, but did a search and figured i'd just continue the conversation here.

Rocky Balboa actually came across to me as an LSE. Why?

His emphasis in his platonic and romantic relationships was on caregiving (too many examples to list). He was sort of the gentle giant who only fought when he absolutely HAD to and needed to be coaxed into fighting (contrast to Mr. T's character in Rocky III who was pushing Rocky's buttons to prompt a fight)He was also very Fe-lacking. I almost thought Fe-POLR for him, but he's not quite there. The house-buying discussion I think reflected more his caregiving impulse as opposed to Te-HA as someone with Te-HA i think would hesitate buying a house without having enough info. And his wife wondering about the taxes and the copper pipes and everything else I thought was more Te-dual seeking.

His gf then wife, Adrian, did sort of come across maybe ILI initially just because she was sooo shy and straight faced. But as the movies went on, she actually showed herself to be very adept with Fi imo, and she was sort of the quiet advisor to Rocky on those issues. Also that scene where she was hesitant to go into Adrian's apartment during their first date made me think delta NF, being afraid of what possibly might happen, the possible Fi implications, etc. She also was devoid of Fe for the most part, but when she did demonstrate some, it was very natural and Fi-generating when it did happen. She also reacted very poorly to her brother's Se and in general seemed Se-POLR to me. So I type Adrian EII.

Adrian's brother i think was beta ST. Maybe ISTj?
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One more vote for ESFp.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    One more vote for ESFp.
    but... WHY???

He didn't come across aggressor-like in the least...

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aixelsyd View Post
    Haven't watched the film, but the quotes alone exemplify an attitude of drive and determination which is most characteristic of Se leading. Fighting, life's a battle, keep on pushing...and such themes. I can believe it.
    Aixel, see the movie, then tell me.

it wasn't quite like that. I'd say the training and determination was more Ne-focused--realizing one's full potential. Once it was over it was like, "leave me alone, i just want to live a normal life with my wife"

If you have netflix, most of the rocky movies are available instantly. I really want to you see at least one so you can comment.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok it appears I was mistaken. On further discussion and rewatching some key scenes, I must concede--Rocky Balboa is SEE. And Adrian ILI.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya WorkaholicsAnon, I think that the Se from a ESFp can appear "softer" somehow than from an ESTp. I'm not sure why. But I really like ESFps, so the aggressor thing never bothered me as much. Though they are most definitely aggressors! I think their Fi softens the Se, so it might come across as caregiving.
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

Stallone comes across as SEE in virtually every role he plays.

Admittedly tho I haven't seen much of him IRL, so can't really comment on that.

EII - Ne
    5w6 sp/so/sx

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky - SEE (ESFp)
    Adrian - ILI (INTp)

"I dunno, she's got gaps, I got gaps, together we fill gaps." -- An advertisement for duality if ever I saw one.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I was about to start a thread on this, but did a search and figured i'd just continue the conversation here.

Rocky Balboa actually came across to me as an LSE. Why?

His emphasis in his platonic and romantic relationships was on caregiving (too many examples to list). He was sort of the gentle giant who only fought when he absolutely HAD to and needed to be coaxed into fighting (contrast to Mr. T's character in Rocky III who was pushing Rocky's buttons to prompt a fight)He was also very Fe-lacking. I almost thought Fe-POLR for him, but he's not quite there. The house-buying discussion I think reflected more his caregiving impulse as opposed to Te-HA as someone with Te-HA i think would hesitate buying a house without having enough info. And his wife wondering about the taxes and the copper pipes and everything else I thought was more Te-dual seeking.

His gf then wife, Adrian, did sort of come across maybe ILI initially just because she was sooo shy and straight faced. But as the movies went on, she actually showed herself to be very adept with Fi imo, and she was sort of the quiet advisor to Rocky on those issues. Also that scene where she was hesitant to go into Adrian's apartment during their first date made me think delta NF, being afraid of what possibly might happen, the possible Fi implications, etc. She also was devoid of Fe for the most part, but when she did demonstrate some, it was very natural and Fi-generating when it did happen. She also reacted very poorly to her brother's Se and in general seemed Se-POLR to me. So I type Adrian EII.
    I actually totally agree with this. Adrian takes care of animals for a living. What kind of NT profession is that?

I think Stallone is a real life ESTj. He wanted to make an Edgar Allan Poe movie with him as the star. Who is more EII than Poe? (Cue IEI arguments in 3..2..1)

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoobie77 View Post
    I actually totally agree with this. Adrian takes care of animals for a living. What kind of NT profession is that?

I think Stallone is a real life ESTj. He wanted to make an Edgar Allan Poe movie with him as the star. Who is more EII than Poe? (Cue IEI arguments in 3..2..1)
    well, thanks for reinforcing my initial gut impressions... i had sort of conceded to the SEE/ILI typings since everyone seemed so unanimous, but I have always liked LSE/EII better for them.

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had sort of conceded to the SEE/ILI typings since everyone seemed so unanimous, but I have always liked LSE/EII better for them.
    don't just follow the consensus. Trust yourself.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't just follow the consensus. Trust yourself.
    Well in this game, i never can be sure that my typing isn't off, so if people are unanimous about something, it's probably that i'm wrong...but thanks to you the unanimity has been broken

TIM
    Robespierre
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is a fictional character. He wants to be SEE. But their are distortions. He is an IEI and SEE together.

God is most glorified when we are most satisfied in Him.
    - John Piper

Socionics -
    the16types.info

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, thanks for reinforcing my initial gut impressions... i had sort of conceded to the SEE/ILI typings since everyone seemed so unanimous, but I have always liked LSE/EII better for them.
    I do see some of what you're talking about, but overall I just can't see him as a logical type. He's very Fi focused, and I don't see strong Te or Ti. He reminds me a bit of an IEE friend of mine though... Very random and funny, and more Si focused than an SEE.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstorm View Post
    He is a fictional character. He wants to be SEE. But their are distortions. He is an IEI and SEE together.
    Do you think he's IEI and SEE together because his Te and Ti are just that absent? Or does it have something to do with Se dual seeking?
    Last edited by Joy; 07-01-2014 at 01:34 AM.
    SEE

TIM
    ILI Counterphobic 6
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in this game, i never can be sure that my typing isn't off, so if people are unanimous about something, it's probably that i'm wrong...but thanks to you the unanimity has been broken
    Internal value judgments (Fi) are just as important as external consensus (Te). I've known IEEs who've followed their hearts and were leaps ahead of us logical types, fumbling with our tallies and axioms.

NeFi gets at the essences of people. There is a reason why IEEs are called "the psychologist". Trust your insight. It's your gift.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you guys think about Apollo?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I need to see the first movie again! Apollo strikes me as Ne/Si from my recollection, but pretty much the only thing I remember is him talking Rocky into letting him be his coach.
    SEE

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way that Rocky just nonstop talks throughout the first movie is totally Se base.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Internal value judgments (Fi) are just as important as external consensus (Te). I've known IEEs who've followed their hearts and were leaps ahead of us logical types, fumbling with our tallies and axioms.

NeFi gets at the essences of people. There is a reason why IEEs are called "the psychologist". Trust your insight. It's your gift.
    aw thanks that made me feel warm all over

Total sweetheart PussyInASarcophagus's Avatar
    TIM
    SLE 8w9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classic SEE. Move on to CREED

Adonis Creed - Se base cp6w7. Maybe LIE as well
    The singer gf - ESI
    Ricky Conlan - SLE

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched this movie for the first time today.

Rocky - SEE? I dunno he seemed Fi valuing to me. Didn’t expect him to be so funny.
    Adrian - ESI probs.

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's Enneagram 9 (w8 ?). That's not very SEE-ish and certainly not typical. In fact finding a similar character/Archetype in the whole pop culture is quite difficult imho. I like Rocky very much he's one of my favorite character but his unicity as a hollywoodian character is almost unrealistic. I don't want to say that he's badly written (that's a praeteritio !) even if Rocky has evolved throughout the movies but he's not a typical late 70's/ 80's hero. He resembles real people (so he's well written in that sense) maybe because he was allegedly inspired by a real person called Chuck Wepner.

Donnie Creed is much more like an SEE. I don't like his attitude, in fact I don't like Michael B. Jordan acting and energy at all. The man is most certainly different in real life but again, I can't stand the attitude and energy he conveys in most of his characters.