Thread: xNxP MBTI - New to Socionics

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default xNxP MBTI - New to Socionics.

Last edited by Eldanen; 01-11-2011 at 01:25 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Self Description

Last edited by Eldanen; 01-11-2011 at 01:25 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intuitive-logical introvert, or INTp.

Try the second and third tests, they're shorter.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe an MBTI INFP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last test gave me a possibility of ENTp, no subtype, and ISTp, T subtybe.

The second-to-last test gave me a possibility of ILE, Intuitive Logical Extratim . You all know more about this than I do .

Perhaps my upbringing caused me to be alone more, or some other factor?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I got from your description more than anything else is that you share a problem with many people here in that you're just generally more intelligent than the general population and have trouble relating to most people as a result. The internet is a convenient social meeting place for people who fall into this category, and "irl" can seem really lonely and frustrating if you don't have anyone in your life who properly stimulates you.

The eccentricity you describe could be a lot of of things... not really sure what to make of that. You do seem to be more Intuitive than not though. Try the last two tests on that list. They're much shorter.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen

The second-to-last test gave me a possibility of ILE, Intuitive Logical Extratim . You all know more about this than I do .

I don't think that the last test is a good one, myself.

As for the last, I think it would be easy for an ILI to test as ILE there.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you got ILE, you chose

- second option

then: first option

Try choosing

- second option

then: second option

and see if the test makes more sense than previously. Or not.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I retook the second-to-last test with your advice Expat, and came up with ILI. Seems to make sense. I'm idea-oriented, most of all.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE means ENTp as well. Perhaps some of the Alphas here good point you towards their preferred descriptions of ENTps.

In the meantime, do you relate to this or this?

Does this description sound anything like you?

Don Quixote - a hero or the world's most famous literary work (author: Miguel Cervantes, Spain).

1. Two birds in the bush [he often chooses this option instead of one in his hand]. He is a genius at finding new opportunities and possibilities. What he has completed always seems to him less important compared to the dawning perspectives which are irresistible an inexhaustible. Scientists of this type tend to procrastinate with the publishing of the results of their research, thinking that the greatest discoveries are still ahead. He lives for the future; meanwhile being not acknowledged does not intimidate him. He chooses to do what is interesting rather than what is lucrative.

2. Recharge. He needs to feel emotional enthusiasm and ardor, and thus needs permanent sensory and emotional "recharge". He is unable to supply it himself, so he depends a lot on his surrounding. If nobody feeds him with impressions and positive emotions (nobody can do it as well as his dual The Mediator) – he mopes about life, loses ability to work and taste for life. To compensate for the absence of his dual he begins to mix with a lot of friends, becomes active in social projects, starts up clubs or scientific schools (Sigmund Freud, a representative of this type, invented the concept of sublimation to explain this fact).

3. A leader. He is a good organizer because he remarks potential possibilities in people and situations. If he is to wield power, he needs justification for it: why he must take that position, e.g. a critical situation that nobody else can deal with, assignment from the top. When he takes power, he begins to analyze the needs of his subordinates, tries to provide them with everything and only then makes the necessary demands on them.

4. A servant. His dependence on the emotional ambiance of others produces an effect of extreme compliance in minor and routine things. Having freed himself thus from having to pay attention to such unpleasant things, he switches for his favorite activity – figuring out the essence of things and phenomena. He does not differentiate people into “us” and “them”, tries to be equally polite to everybody.

5. Undifferentiated feeling. He believes that all people in their essence are kind and love one another. Therefore he looks funny enough when the situation requires initiative in expressing feelings – they are not his line at all.

6. Danger. Critical situations pep him up as much as good others’ emotions. The more emotions and panic there is around him, the more active and assertive he becomes. It is impossible to intimidate him – an attempt to do so produces just the opposite outcome. He willingly takes responsibility in critical situations; however, in peaceful and quiet conditions he starts to doubt his right to occupy a responsible position, gets frustrated by the competition and leaves.

7. Liberty of communication. He likes familiarity in communication, however, does not show initiative in this, but awaits it from others.
    The first thing that came to mind when you described your distrust of others is that you could be ExTp, but I dismissed the thought because your unusual social upbringing could have much to do with that as well.

Keep in mind that descriptions and tests can only help point to your type. If there's a type that seems to fit, keep an open mind as you continue to learn more about functions and model A, because environmental factors can make it seem like you fit a description and test a certain way, but if you look at functional analysis another type makes more sense.
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I retook the second-to-last test with your advice Expat, and came up with ILI. Seems to make sense. I'm idea-oriented, most of all.
    ILI is INTp. If you're idea-oriented most of all, ILE (ENTp) may make more sense though.
    SEE

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Number one, four, and seven seem to relate to me the most, in the description you pasted into the forum.

http://www.socionics.us/theory/bi.shtml - Fits me to a T. :> Absolutely. I'v never seen an MBTI description this good.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, not to confuse you more, but who would be your preferred partner:

a) someone who will not be likely to try to get you to do much, rather, will expect you to take the initiative in going out, having fun, thinking of things to do. She (you are a guy, right?) will always have a smile for you and will cater to your physical-well being. She will take care of your domestic needs and be very happy doing it for you. She will avoid saying anything rude or unpleasant, she'll try to keep a good mood between you two at all times.

b) someone who's likely to take the initiative in doing things, who will be a go-getter, who will always say "come on, let's do this" but who will listen to you when you say "wait, that's not a good idea, let's do this instead". Someone who will be impulsive and energetic and will be glad to lend her energy to you - when you want it. Someone who will be expressive of her true feelings of the moment, even if she's angry.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can I have both?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woman B, please.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woman B, please.
    Why exactly?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.socionics.us/theory/bi.shtml - Fits me to a T. :> Absolutely. I'v never seen an MBTI description this good.
    ENTp makes the most sense then. Read this and let us know how it feels to you. Assuming that this is someone who you are physically and intellectually compatible with... does this sound like an ideal person who would make you feel very comfortable and you'd want to spend a lot of time around and be close to, and this person would energize you? Or does it sound like someone who you wouldn't feel comfortable around because you dislike it when people try to "read" you like that, and this person would exhaust you? Or are you somewhat indifferent?
    SEE

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Well, not to confuse you more, but who would be your preferred partner:

a) someone who will not be likely to try to get you to do much, rather, will expect you to take the initiative in going out, having fun, thinking of things to do. She (you are a guy, right?) will always have a smile for you and will cater to your physical-well being. She will take care of your domestic needs and be very happy doing it for you. She will avoid saying anything rude or unpleasant, she'll try to keep a good mood between you two at all times.

b) someone who's likely to take the initiative in doing things, who will be a go-getter, who will always say "come on, let's do this" but who will listen to you when you say "wait, that's not a good idea, let's do this instead". Someone who will be impulsive and energetic and will be glad to lend her energy to you - when you want it. Someone who will be expressive of her true feelings of the moment, even if she's angry.
    Woman B because she sounds like more fun. Sometimes I can get bogged down, and I'd like her to be able to lift me up. Also, expressive of her true feelings because I wouldn't want to deal with hidden strife (at least from her) in the relationship. Even though she takes initiative, she still gives me the final decision, so I'm happy.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Number one, four, and seven seem to relate to me the most, in the description you pasted into the forum.
    lol yes, ENTp seems to make the most sense at present
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well what Joy is asking points towards ENTp, and what I ask points towards INTp --

I'll think of other questions later if you're still interested.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    ENTp makes the most sense then. Read this and let us know how it feels to you. Assuming that this is someone who you are physically and intellectually compatible with... does this sound like an ideal person who would make you feel very comfortable and you'd want to spend a lot of time around and be close to, and this person would energize you? Or does it sound like someone who you wouldn't feel comfortable around because you dislike it when people try to "read" you like that, and this person would exhaust you? Or are you somewhat indifferent?
    I really don't like it when people read me all the time. I'd rather someone just bear with my faults and perhaps point out that I did something occasionally that I didn't realize. I do not like being put under a microscope O.O.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat

Well what Joy is asking points towards ENTp, and what I ask points towards INTp --

I'll think of other questions later if you're still interested.
    Any help is welcome. :> Something else that may have developed my introversion is that I live in an extremely rural area. Twenty minute drive to the city.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmmm

Which sounds more attractive to you?

The Seeker is somewhat 'not here and now', he longs for far-reaching projects. He is obsessed with many ideas, which he explains so vaguely that only few people can understand him. The Mediator, however, does not refuse them at once, but shows interest and if he finds in them something useful, he looks for support of people capable of practical implementation of these ideas. If these ideas, however, seem to him too naive, or if their implementation may be too problematic, The Mediator can 'earthen' The Seeker's redundant inventive energy, calm him down and distract from 'fighting windmills'. He appreciates The Seeker's originality of thought and often shares his passions. In general, he tolerantly attends to this 'eternal child', playing the role of a caring parent. He guides the practical side of their common life.

The Seeker is critical towards everything created earlier. He looks for new ways and alternatives. Having analyzed the situation and finding its dubious aspects, he may provoke split in an organization and create his own group of adherents. But lack of tactfulness does not allow him to keep the adherents at his side. However, The Mediator is an expert at 'shuttle diplomacy'; he is quite capable of grouping people, softening the ethical mistakes of his dual and finding support of his superiors. He takes care of the comfort, rest and amusement of the party. He can arrange holiday parties. But in everyday chores he is mobile and strives for completion of his undertakings. That is if he is convinced in the perspective of the new undertakings, the suggested solution of complicated and intricate situations. The Mediator watches the flow of work and does not let The Seeker stop halfway by getting attracted to a new idea. The Seeker needs such a stabilizer both in affairs and in relations.

The Seeker gets mobilized in critical moments: bravely repulses the enemy, protecting both his own interests and those of others. By doing this he sometimes loses the feeling of necessary limit. The Mediator who directs his initiatives watches him. When The Seeker loses vital tonus and begins neglect his duties, The Mediator 'arranges an emotional episode' for him and by this raises his spirits. But on the other hand, he can extinguish a quarrel by his diplomacy and jokes, before it results in rupture of relations. His feelings often return The Seeker ‘to solid ground’, distracting him from abstractions, making him think about practical tasks as well. The Seeker cannot regulate distance in communication; sometimes he is out of place, unceremonious, too credulous towards people, too kind to those who envy him. For this reason he may get into trouble. The Mediator saves him from this.

The Mediator can take care of the health and comfort of others. The Seeker appreciates this trait of his dual very much. He responds to The Mediator with reciprocity. He strives to be faithful in their partnership and friendship, which is especially liked by The Mediator.

Although The Mediator is ostentatiously optimistic, he is very much afraid of the future, as the source of uncertainty. His dual saves him from such doubts by making forecasts and especially by taking global strategic protective measures. The Mediator periodically falls into laziness but his dual does not rebuke him for it, in other words, does not require him to be always highly productive. The Mediator likes The Seeker's capability of deriving benefit from everything without much effort, of concluding profitable agreements, and he willingly assists his partner in such affairs.

Ingenuousness, impulse of life and feelings represent the 'visiting card' of this dual pair.
    or

The Critic gives figurative descriptions of expected development of events, and such information is very interesting to The Politician, who has difficulty imagining the outcome of his actions. The Critic counsels with insight and caution, he gives detailed strategies - this is just what the super-active and impulsive Politician really lacks.

Possessing business skills, The Critic immediately notices the best investments and critically speaks of those he considers as a waste of time and energy. In this way he saves The Politician exhaustion and disappointment –that is, if The Politician pays attention to his dual's advice, which does not always happen. But even this is good, because a more slow-moving partner might get discouraged or become complacent. By contrast, such criticizing helps The Politician to find the golden mean in his activities, to use the mean rationally and to be more scrupulous in choosing ways of achieving goals.

Both at work and at home The Critic likes peace and harmony. He values comfort, cleanness and order. However, due to his inertia he does not always achieve what he wants. The Politician likes his thoroughness, polite manners, philosophical tranquility and economical skills.

Since The Critic is vulnerable but not sufficiently flexible and not very diplomatic, he easily spoils his relations with the others. He does not really understand why this happens and he often falls into melancholy and sadness. He needs a cheerful partner who could easily correct his tactical mistakes and not stay resentful over trifles. The Politician will divert attention from a dangerous topic, will tell a compliment at the just the right time or make everything into a joke. The Politician prefers quick and decisive actions. He easily widens the field of activities and breaks down all barriers on the way towards his goal. He does not like covert resistance or crude orders – if he perceives them he will do just the opposite of what was desired.

Strong and self-confident people are attractive to The Critic. Nevertheless, he simply ignores excessive pressure, as if not noticing it. Also he does not accept a challenge, will not fight and by doing this softens the force of The Politician. It awakens in The Politician the understanding that he needs to act more diplomatically, to use persuasion and not a direct attack. If he happens to be at the top of an organization, in order to keep common order he needs a well-wishing and wise partner capable of creating trustful atmosphere of communication, softening arising misunderstandings by demonstrating their relative value.

In this way The Critic serves as a balance to his sometimes-aggressive partner. They both often quarrel with each other but soon come to agreement forgetting all hurts. The Politician demonstrates sympathy and understanding and by this relaxes The Critic. If he responds to his dual’s warnings he can demonstrate his great capacity to handle all difficulties. The Politician does not pay much attention to general regularities and trends. He dislikes clerical work and does not always know rules and instructions. Unwillingly he plans in advance. He does not like to submit to schedules and norms. The Critic helps him distribute his energy and schedules, only the most important, worthy task. He performs detailed work, up to the logical final.

‘Aristocratically polite’ relations with the smack of humor and easy mutual critiquing distinguish this dual pair.
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very very clearly ENTp, but very very. By the way, I don't find many socionics descriptions of ENTp to be matching with the ENTps I know IRL.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Very very clearly ENTp, but very very.
    Very, very berry?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(just a note... this method doesn't work as well for people who haven't been in a few long term relationships, so don't worry if it's not obvious to you or there are parts of both descriptions that seem to fit... just say "I don't think that's going to work, Joy" )
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very, very berry?
    Harry narry.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(just a note... this method doesn't work as well for people who haven't been in a few long term relationships, so don't worry if it's not obvious to you or there are parts of both descriptions that seem to fit... just say "I don't think that's going to work, Joy" )
    Parts of both fit. I'm more enamored with the first, but not absolutely sure.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTp seems to make the most sense at present
    Yes, probably.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very, very berry?
    Harry narry.
    Don't tarry, Larry?

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Already changed his mind...EP to say the least

Don't tarry, Larry?
    Either the berry is merry, or harry won't go marry.

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't tarry, Larry?
    Larry the hairy berry told Harry that he shouldn't marry, but tarry.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't tarry, Larry?
    Perry(sh)

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't tarry, Larry?
    Perry(sh)
    Huh? O.O

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't tarry, Larry?
    Perry(sh)
    Huh? O.O
    'twas meant to be "perish" plus the icon representing which is the functions you should suck at if you are ENTp

TIM
    ILI 5w4 sx/??
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default V.I. Anyone?

Last edited by Eldanen; 01-11-2011 at 01:26 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast