Thread: What do relations of activity between introverts look like?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What do relations of activity between introverts look like?

My husband (ISTp) has a new friend who might be INFj. But who knows, he could be ENFp too. Though if he's ENFp he's a very very quiet ENFp. They had to go a fairly long way away to get a car engine yesterday, and they were headed 10 minutes from my brother's house. I don't get many opportunities to see my brother and his kids because they don't live close, so my daughter and I tagged along and they dropped us off at my brother's house.

I should start with how they met. My husband loves to find old vehicles and fix them by putting new engines in them or whatever, and then he'll sell them, or trade them for something worth more money, or whatever. He was selling this old truck, and this guy wanted it but couldn't afford it. The guy kept coming back with other ideas of things he could trade. My husband liked him, thought he was nice and was being honest about his situation (he needed a truck for his job) so my husband made a trade that was not even slightly in his advantage. Since then, these two have been fast friends and work on lots of projects together. Well really this other guy helps my husband on projects and asks my husband advice on ideas he has.

So I was stuck in the car for a long long time with these two. They're both very quiet, but what seemed to happen is that the friend would say that he had a friend or relative who had this car part and that car part, and he thought maybe he could do something with it, or maybe something else, or maybe another thing. Then my husband would say, well this idea might not work because of this and this, and this idea won't make him any money, but the other idea was a pretty good one. This went on quite a few times. But they would be silent for long periods of time until I'd start talking.

So does that sound like a dual relationship or an activity relationship or what?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't you think that the other guy is an ISTp too?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose he could be. He seems to be more of an idea person. He calls my husband with ideas of projects and my husband says which are likely to work. It seems like if they were the same type, my husband would sometimes call him with ideas of projects and he'd sometimes tell my husband which would work. But they each seem to have different roles and do different things.

But I don't know him all that well because he's so quiet so I will not count anything out.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, he could be INTp (for example) as well.

But the fact that your husband is the one to provide the ideas may simply mean that he's the more knowledgeable one in that particular field of interest.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah he could be an INTp or something too. I was trying to figure out what a relationship of activity between introverts would look like so I could eliminate that as a possibility if what they have doesn't look like that. But he isn't necessarily Delta at all.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He does sound like an introvert, and I'd guess Gamma or Delta, so only INTp, ISFj, ISTp, INFj.

I just thought that two IXTps aren't likely to develop a very active spontaneous relationship.

So perhaps INFj is the best bet.

As for activity between introverts -- well activity being intra-quadra is a relationship of easy understanding when the parts talk. I know an INTp-ISFj couple very well and the only problem I can see is that each expects a bit more of initiative from the other than they're naturally inclined to.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    As for activity between introverts -- well activity being intra-quadra is a relationship of easy understanding when the parts talk. I know an INTp-ISFj couple very well and the only problem I can see is that each expects a bit more of initiative from the other than they're naturally inclined to.
    I'm in this situation right now. It's so frustrating!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dunno
    i may be in one, hmmm
    SEE Unknown Subtype
    6w7 sx/so

[21:29] hitta: idealism is just the gap between the thought of death
    [21:29] hitta: and not dying

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

two introverts in an activity relation? Sounds a lot like inactivity relation to me.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler
    two introverts in an activity relation? Sounds a lot like inactivity relation to me.

Untrue, however. Me and my ISTj best friend ... haha, oh man, we really do rev eachother up. It's hilarious with her, and our subtypes coincide well - She's Ti and I'm Fe so it's closer to Duality =]

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    Quote Originally Posted by Traveler

Untrue, however. Me and my ISTj best friend ... haha, oh man, we really do rev eachother up. It's hilarious with her, and our subtypes coincide well - She's Ti and I'm Fe so it's closer to Duality =]
    LOL, I was just joking. I've only really witnessed extraverted activity relations most of the time, so both of these possibilities probably occur.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What would a negativist introverted activity pair be like? o_O
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    They activate each other to brood more perhaps?

j/k
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    They activate each other to brood more perhaps?
    That makes some sense, though I don't think it's generally the case.

I actually took on the role of the Positivist, cheering her up.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Introvert Activity

Does it make you lazy?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

What do you mean by introvert activity? Lazy, what does that mean. Do you know how much active energy it consumes to think about things or to even think at all? I think a lot, way too much, to the point where it just won't stop and shut off. Anyway. No we're not lazy in the thought sense, yes we are in active physical and productive self. But then, we live in a world where Extraversion is valued and accepted way too highly. I don't do well in that world.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She's talking about the activity (socionics) relationship between two introverts. i.e. ISTj with INFp or INTp with ISFj, etc.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohh well if that's what they meant then that is an interesting question o:

but... does that imply that Extrovert Activity makes you hardworking?
    What is a utopia? A dream unrealized, but not unrealizable. -- Joseph Dejacque
    EII (INFj) - 9w1 - INFP - Scorpio - Hufflepuff
    Johari - Fediverse

Coldest of the Socion EyeSeeCold's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    She's talking about the activity (socionics) relationship between two introverts. i.e. ISTj with INFp or INTp with ISFj, etc.
    It's not supposed to. They are relationships of self-confidence boosting thereby initiating activity.

Though they can also be closed loops where the two types heavily indulge in each other to the point of stagnation.
    (i)NTFS

An ILI at rest tends to remain at rest
    and an ILI in motion is probably not an ILI

31.9FM KICE Radio ♫ *56K Warning*
    My work on Inert/Contact subtypes

Socionics Visual Identification(V.I.) Database
    Socionics Tests Database
    Comprehensive List of Socionics Sites

Fidei Defensor

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I'm just thinking about how Activity affects one's dominant function, and for introverts that's an introverted function. And I didn't mean "lazy" as opposed to hardworking. I meant physically inactive.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SLI 5w4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really see how there would be a correlation? In my opinion, activity partners is a great relation to be a partner in some sort of shared interest, which could easily be a sport or physical activity that they might do together regularly.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if lazy is an accurate description in my case, maybe passive activity or something is more fitting. Prior to knowing anything about typology, looking back on how I've worked with SLI's has been rather productive actually. Two come to mind from school, one was a science partner and another in a photography course; when it came to doing projects together everything worked out great, completed on time and aesthetically cohesive, but I couldn't manger to keep-up any sort of non-work related communication going, and so those relations didn't progress past that.
    But as I've slowly dealt with my painful shyness and started to learn about types, I've been able to be a bit more initiative and open around the SLI's I've dealt with. I think a lot of that has to do with realizing that they're not "threats" so I feel more initially comfortable with being gregarious with them than I normally would be.

So I get that with introverted activity there is that sense of waiting from the other to be the initiator; if you're capable of doing that from time to time you can make it work
    EII INFj
    Forum status: retired