TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Typing my Former Roommate

(LTO)

The pictures seem more SEI than ESE, yeah?
    They aren't really telling pictures though, because, he is around people who he really doesn't feel ethically comfortable with, most of the time, it seems.

I'm fairly certain he's Alpha, unless perhaps he's some strange ENFp. But I doubt it.

Fe and Si very apparent.
    Very clean

Originally I thought he was an ESFj Si subtype
    Then I thought ISFp

We get along very well... and after a semester apart, we are realizing that we were each other's best bet for room mates. He isn't a drinker either, and he has good values, and appreciates a clean place, which I do too. If you remember correctly, I said that if he were a girl, I'd consider dating him - which is a remarkable honor.

He's definitely a caregiver as he enjoyed caring and cookiing for his more troubled friend.

He seems ESFj.......... but ... how can I say this...
    He is a Cancer, so he is more watery and emotional, as opposed to sharp and vibrant. The two kinds of ESFjs I know are Fire zodiac signs, or like this, and watery. If you think zodiac is BS then forget this paragraph, but if you know anything about it, you might know what I mean. ((Disclaimer: UDP does not endorse zodiac as legitimate science, etc etc etc, blah blah. Intuitive mysticism - you either get it or don't))

moving on,

He seems to have the typical ESFj trouble with electronics and computer stuff. And he seems more solid about his relationships than ISFps I know -- is big on ethical correctness, being friends, and sees having sex in a dorm room as not very classy. But he is romantic and I have seen him kissing a girl before.

I believe he shows Fe leading, in that he is concerned how his closest think of him, and wants to uphold those ethics.

Finally, I think I feel a strange sort of same-gender dualization going on. Which is good, and I only really feel that around ESFjs -- I've only known females aside from this one -- so that might be more to tip the scale to ESE.

What is the major difference between a male ESE and SEI?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Typing my Former Roommate

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    What is the major difference between a male ESE and SEI?
    The major difference is that you might wonder whether the male ESE is not really a LSE. To differentiate between mirrors, it's really best to focus on the temperament.

Also, the SEI is more likely to be moody, although not all of them obviously are.

This may not work but the SEI is the second narrator-negativist "Critic" type - along with the ILI - and the ESE is narrator-positivist. So if he's more likely to focus on what's not perfect, what has to be done, etc, more likely SEI.

But the temperament is really the most important thing.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Expat that the suggestion of looking to the narrator-negativist dichotomy is good. In spite of what their external apperance and friendliness suggests, ISFps very rarely indeed look at the bright side of a situation, especially when the situation is one of personal involvement and not one where they are spectators.

My opinion on your roommate, based almost entirely on V.I., is that he's indeed ESE>SEI; what you say about him seems to confirm this presumption.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "not so loud-ness" may be due to his religious upbringing, and transfer into his Fe leading as the right role to portray. He is a fairly righteous person.
    So you can see why we get along well

Quote Originally Posted by Strati: LII Fe block
    In any ethical situation Of robesp'er it rests on the principles, built on the mutual respect, relationship and the commensuration of its own rights with rights and possibilities of those surrounding. And for this very reason the best partner for Robesp'era is his dual of Hugo, whose ethics of relations is based on the same ethical principles.
    I think that has something to do with it.

And yes, like other ISFps I know, this one does not focus on the negative or the past.

This is good because it explains another possible ESFj who is very much the same way. She is definitely a merry, positive person. More visible extraverted and social, Fe in ego block. And seems alpha. Concerned about well being of others and nature, environmentally conscious. Appeared to me very in need of .
    I was confused about the two, but I think they are both ESEs, with different backgrounds, and both having a certain 'aquatic' glean.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFps seem more "cute" to me? even the guys. just more relaxed/lazy IP temperament. some ESFj guys can be more like "dudes" i think and be generally more active.

i want to bring up the lindsey lohan type ESFjs, but i'll spare you. this is more the type i am used to seeing outside of my own household (especially in the city?)

basically i can't say anything more than expat said. focus on the temperament. i would say ISFp guys, even, are still more likely to "slam the door and leave" in a sort of irrational way and be moody. temperament is the giveaway.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks enfp, description doesn't contradict that.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I agree with Expat that the suggestion of looking to the narrator-negativist dichotomy is good. In spite of what their external apperance and friendliness suggests, ISFps very rarely indeed look at the bright side of a situation, especially when the situation is one of personal involvement and not one where they are spectators.
    Yeah, this is true. ISFps consciously dwell on their own shortcomings a lot more.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defintely.

I also agree somewhat with what Rocky said. I cannot legitimately say he's not ENFp.... but he does not strike me as intuitive.

What about critical differences between ENFp and ESFj males?

He doesn't strike me a whole lot as an infantile, though. More a caregiver. And seems more SF than SF. SJ than NF. Wants to be a police officer.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP
    What about critical differences between ENFp and ESFj males?
    To your eyes as Ti IJ, if ENFp you'd be thinking that he's too impulsive and inconsistent logically.

If ESFj, you might think he's not logical enough but not really impulsive; you'd think he's proactive but in a more rational way.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not illogical or inconsitent with his views. So based on that I'd say ESFj > ENFp.