Quote Originally Posted by silverchris9 View Post
Oh, yeah, good point. Someone analogous to the idea of "counterphobia" in enneagram, many people will OVER-emphasize their polr, constantly afraid of tripping up on it but actually missing the point altogether. I don't know about ILEs, but I've had SLEs ask me "are we okay? did I offend you? are you offended?" when I wasn't offended at all. It's just that they don't have a good gauge for it. I imagine an ILE would be similar.
One ILE woman who is a teacher of philosophy is very rigid about "correct" behavior and she is very vocal about it. At an informal gathering someone took a picture and she immediately protested: "Please erase the picture from your camera, I want you to ask before taking pictures of me".

At the same gathering some of the men took their shirts off because the sun was shining and we were sitting outside. Later she commented on this in a negative way, making connections to the equality between the sexes, because as a woman, she would not be able to expose her upper body in the same way in a social situation. Then she philosophized about this for some time, about the social consequences of the sexual connotations of womens breasts, and what to do about it etc.