Thread: Differences between ILE-ENTp and SLE-ESTp

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    But daydreaming only goes so far these days...
    Umm where'd you think it was gonna get you. It's called "daydreaming" for a reason.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    Same here.

I used to get flow states randomly a lot when I was younger, even doing normal things. For awhile, I was obsessed with the idea of figuring out how to tweak my brain and access those states at will; hardcore meditating mixed with weightlifting was the best for it.

It's been some time now since I really had a full-blown peak flow state like that. Sometimes I'll get shades of it when doing long-distance runs, and it's beautiful.

Weird, I do the exact same thing. I'll periodically disengage from my thoughts or whatever I'm doing, and perceive my surroundings like that—observing objects/people/colors/sounds/etc. in my environment and what they're doing, without any feeling or judgment attached to it. Just taking them in for what they are in the moment, as a kind of pure perception. Not sure why, but it feels satisfying to do that.

Sometimes I used to sit outside and watch the sunlight shimmer off the grass, flowers, and trees as they'd move through the wind, and I'd start feeling completely blissed out in awe because all the colors were so intoxicatingly vivid.

Yeah, it sucks.

Could be Se-valuing—it sounds like you seek out strong qualitative experiences for their own sake. Whereas Si emphasizes more of an ongoing awareness of one's interrelationship with the surrounding environment and how it's influencing their comfort and well-being.

I feel like I lost mine a very long time ago, but that I should fight to help preserve it in others.
    You know I was actually pondering ENTJ for a little bit.

My friends tell me I'm exactly like charlie day and if I wanted to I could pull a tucker max...

in fact Abbie Cornish is the quintessential girl of my dreams when she was in sucker punch. She was strong, had an m16, and could probably beat my ass (a strange secret desire of mine).
    Last edited by Azure Flame; 05-27-2012 at 02:28 AM.

TIM
    Neon Ninja Phoenix
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so, could I be an ENTj? That would explain why my INTj brother told me, "I would burn a thousand bibles to prove to you that you don't use Ne."

Yet, I identify with both Se dom traits, and NT temperament.

The enneagram 8 would also be a nice fit.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

HMMMMMMMMMMMM

i say you are much more likely than destroypuppy to be LIE

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched a few of your videos.

First time I have ever heard another say something along the lines of preferring to fit in but can't help but stand out as it's just something uncontrollable that always happens to you.

Have you ever found this standing out to be a negative experience such as being picked upon by others?
    Last edited by Hays; 05-27-2012 at 07:02 AM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for some reason i'm a lot cooler with your being ENTj than either ENTp or ESTp.

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but he describes it like an N. His descriptions are really generalized and lack strong qualia.
    Sorry, I'm not that experienced with such kind of analysis. But I assume it's because his goal was not describing in detail. Let's see what he says heh.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Arendee View Post
    Ok so, could I be an ENTj? That would explain why my INTj brother told me, "I would burn a thousand bibles to prove to you that you don't use Ne."

Yet, I identify with both Se dom traits, and NT temperament.

The enneagram 8 would also be a nice fit.
    You again sound like me. -.-

Btw, "NT temperament", do you mean keirsey or what? I would not rely on that at all.

However, did you compare EP and EJ temperaments?

PS: I'll be happy to help your brother burn those thousands of bibles.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Does no one else not see how negativist this person is? How can he be ENTj if what you're doing is offering reassurance (positivist feedback)?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    Se+Ti+Ti
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read that before, but how does it apply here? I see nothing about him based on this.

If you do, can you point out a few examples for me?

(PS: I don't have a chance to watch the videos here now, so I only read the thread and his other posts etc. So examples should be from there)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE: geek
    SLE: jock

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by labster View Post
    ^ in this regard, you're looking more like an Ne/Ti type; how do you come to conclusions like this; this is essentially reduction of character traits down to basis assessment of personality, one which is defined and narrowed by

It is an idea.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    ^ in this regard, you're looking more like an Ne/Ti type; how do you come to conclusions like this; this is essentially reduction of character traits down to basis assessment of personality, one which is defined and narrowed by

It is an idea.
    except its a joke to me. i'm not like slater. gtfo

Banned
    TIM
    ISTP Se-LSI 6w5cp sx
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some ILEs are more in the "nerd" category. Then, you have some who are in-between, as in, geeky nerds. Then some ILEs are also in the "douchebag" and "jerk" categories. (Of course, my categories are obviously more true and correct. hahaha. ) (I'm just playing with you, obv.)

Some SLEs are also in the "jerk" and/or "douchebag" and/or "tard" category, and some aren't really jocks (my dad, for instance, was a musician-type).
    Last edited by jet city woman; 05-28-2012 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I'm late to the party.. my two most meaningful relationships have been SLE and ILE who tests as SLE (with 2 EIEs in between, which were comfy but Fe-ego in a male is just not a turn on).

ILE bf tested as ESTP on MBTI, though intuition and sensing were equal. On enneagram he's an 8, which IMO also corresponds to ESTp. But I really can't see him as SLE, especially compared to my first, VERY obvious, massive-jawed, diminutive forehead-ed, testosterone-oozing SLE. Even if you want to avoid stereotyping, I would say SLEs have a big (though not always bulky) frame. My bf has a lean, wiry frame; waist and hips are almost as small as mine, though his shoulders are broad; jaw and chin are pointy but not large; between strength and stamina, he falls into the stamina category; he carries his weight steadily sometimes (like SLE), but most of the time needs to shift his weight back and forth and sideways, giving the impression of bouncing on his feet.

He doesn't show interest in acquiring and dominating space, but definitely wants to acquire and realize different ideas; he doesn't care about style, and will wear pretty much anything; will act aggressor-ish towards me when I initiate it, but is generally more infantile; he hit it off pretty well platonically with my former SEI roommate. BUT according to tests, his N and S are equal.

TL;DR: ILEs may project themselves differently when forced to take silly personality tests by their work/gf (my opinion) OR the tests are flawed (his opinion). The only true way to tell them apart is to put them in a room with an IEI and SEI who are single and of equal physical attractiveness, and see what happens.

Luckily the SEI I lived with was overweight and engaged, or who knows what would have happened.
    IEI 4w5

Do I still cross your mind?
    Your face still distorts the time

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that SLEs come in all sizes and shapes, and some are very petite and some are totally skinny. I think the version of Fe I see in at least some SLEs can make them seem ridiculously childish and pranksterish (age 10 forevah). Occasionally an ILE will seem more habitually edgy to me than an SLE does.And I find ILE responds to me being positive/affirmative/validating in what I would call an Fe-ish way, but not so much that they are zinging all over the place themselves Fe-wise. YMMV.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by octo View Post
    Not questioning your bf's typing, but my SLE bf is E7, lanky and tall like an overgrown teenager, can't put on muscle, has a pointy little face, has a neck that's skinnier than his face, was a long-distance runner. I don't know how to describe his walk... it's very slow and loping, like he's dragging his feet (which is possible, since he has bizarrely large feet and wears big clumsy skate shoes). I originally didn't type him SLE because he didn't fit the stereotype at all, but it's kind of obvious now. I suppose he has characteristics which do fit the physical stereotype, such ashis very quick reaction time, and his skill and confidence in anything that involves dexterity.
    Interesting... I've known some lanky SLEs too, and in general I don't rely on VI for figuring out someone's type.. it's more like, I'll figure out the type and then see if their physical characteristics match up or not.

I really don't think my bf is SLE, though I am beginning to think XLE might be a legitimate typing for some people who just don't fit into one or the other (or don't want to fit in; my bf has that stubborn "everyone is different, no can be categorized" attitude).

I also think there's some validity to the idea that there are "pure" types, and more "mixed" types... there's the same idea in palmistry, in which there are 5-6 pure hand types with distinct characteristics, and the mixed hand, which has a little bit of everything (like the enneagram "generalist").

brick shithouse-style jock
    lmao. and that was the type that broke my heart... smh
    IEI 4w5

Do I still cross your mind?
    Your face still distorts the time

TIM
    Fi-SLE 3w9 so/sp
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILEs are fun-oops-too-far-mean, SLEs are demanding-step-on-toes-mean.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are more similarities than differences if you ask me... SLE plays straightforward power games, ILE does sneaky behind-the-scenes stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I think of the two, I think ESTPs get a bum rap. Though that said, the ESTP *is* the more likely to be the guy in high school who will give you a noogie simply because he is bigger than you, and he may or may not be a bully, and the ENTP is more likely to be the one who hacks the school PA system and begin playing Beethoven's Fifth not because he wants to disrupt class, but simply because he wants to flout the rules but not *actually* cause any harm...

Think of it this way: In a boxing ring you'd want to fight an ENTP, and in a courtroom you'd want to go up against an ESTP, because in the opposite scenario you'd probably lose either way.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    Ne has a lot to do with modeling other people's world views and understanding how they fit together. It's like having a rough static snapshot or blueprint of someone's mind, his interests, values, potential to solve different problems and even intelligence. All that is an open book to me.
    i'm high-key necroing this thread so i realize the chances of this member still being active today are low, but i don't fully agree with the point made above. i think it depends entirely on the level of intelligence/experience of said Ne-ego type. i've talked to a few while they're "sizing [someone] up" and most of their observations rely on the idea that the dots will connect similarly for everyone, not realizing that some people will have different reasons for (seemingly) doing the same things, yet they still naively apply these generalizations to everyone all the same. this puts the Ne-ego under the (false) impression that they've successfully sized everyone up... because Ne, like Se, only sees what's there, but they're unaware of what goes on "under the hood" except, in the case of Ne, where they're able to deduce the "why" behind the "what", but they can't do that unless they know the "what" - so sometimes it can look, to me, as if they're forcing people into these generalizations rather than actually being correct in their observations. like yeah, you're correct in thinking that person will be angry if you shit on their front doorstep, but i think that rings true for most people, so i'm not sure how you assigning this specific "trigger" to that specific person is a ground-breaking discovery, captain ob(li)vious.

as for the key differences between ILEs and SLEs, this is what i've observed, but it's based solely on my own experiences:

ILEs switch interests way more frequently than SLEs do - one day it's thermodynamics, next day it's the gulf war. both like to argue for the sake of it, but ILEs argue the underlying mechanisms of your argument, poking holes in them, whereas SLEs attack your argument. with that said, it can seem as if ILEs are arguing with the audience in mind, whereas SLEs are arguing with you in particular. ILEs go from being all there to nowhere, whereas SLEs have more stable "presence" levels. ILEs have a strong intellectual presence, whereas SLEs have a strong physical presence. ILEs can strategically start shit without it ever being traced back to them, whereas SLEs will always be dead center. both types will rape someone at one point in their lives, that's inevitable, but SLEs will leave a trail behind that'll eventually catch up to them and land them in prison, whereas ILEs will mental gymnastics their rape victim into thinking it was their idea. this is because ILEs rely on intrigue, such as luring their victim into an alley, whereas SLEs rely on force, such as hiding in the alley and pouncing on their victim. watch out for "smoke and mirrors" tactics with ILEs - nobody controls the input and output of information quite like an ILE. ILEs are strangely romantic creatures, whereas SLEs have more of an "everyman" quality to them. ILEs will always keep you guessing, but you'll probably be able "size up" an SLE pretty quickly. ILEs craftily plant ideas in your head - like a little fairy bzzzing around your noggin - whereas SLEs quite literally pound ideas into your head, like a swift ax to the noggin.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I live in totally different head space.
    I think methods in information processing can be similar.

ILE is scattered person who spews out weird detached stuff out of their mouths and does weird detached things. SLE , I think, is more acivity seeking.

I tend to stop ath mental wanderings and never take part in actual activity and think about more things. Leave it as it is attitude or make setting even more weird than it is.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Could be although ILE's are more prone to tearing down power structures leading towards anarchy in power terms if it ever goes there. Usually ILE's will get really pissed at people in power, then they get bit more pissed and finally they try to join in order destroy it.

Number of destructive fantasies I have had...
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed that ILE-Ti and SLE-Ti are both quite similar and very often mistyped. Had a few SLE-Ti classmates and now an SLE-Ti boss that confirms it. Both of these types give sorta serious vibes that people would mistake as introvertedness. The weakened lead function also makes them appear like their supervisee (!). So you get SLE that appear like LSI/LII and ILE that appear like LII/LSI. The only way to discern their real types is dimensionality of Ni and Si, and temperament. If you made a checklist with signs of EP and IJ you'd see that although they seem IJ, they have more variable levels of energy like EP types do, they're more spontaneous, and they kinda get 'fed up' with EJ and IJ types. They also get annoyed by constant Fe from Fe leads since it's not their dual-seeking but their mobilizing function.
    I think lots of people type others by stereotypes (loud jock = ESTP, loud nerd = ENTP) even though 99% of people out there aren't walking caricatures of their types. For the record, MBTI and Big 5 say I'm introverted even though in Socionics (and in real life) I'm not. Whether it's because of different definitions or poor questions/testing on the part of MBTI and Big 5, I'm not sure.

TIM
    SLE 8w7 SX/SO
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're pretty damn different from my vantage point. ILEs are the most detached type in my experience, they don't care much for having a direction in life and struggle to take anything seriously. As Ne bases they basically float from one curiosity to the next, doing whatever seems interesting at a given point in time. Everything about ILEs is pluralistic, they hold multiple views on the same topic and can rationalize a belief in numerous ways.

SLEs are so determined and single minded in contrast. We organize our lives around central objectives and feel very plugged into the world. SLE is a rather serious and grim type often, the "bright sunny Chad" image isn't terribly accurate. 4d Se-Te makes us view life as sheer effort and exertion, where anything worth doing must be hard. ILEs tend to seek easy ways around problems by perusing alternative solutions until one clicks. They want to coast through without breaking a sweat and prefer cleverness to pushing through barriers.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

At times, the words on both sides of “versus” can apply to both types but most times, they remain on their respective sides:

ESTp versus ENTp

bottom-up versus top-down
    components versus system
    practical versus academic
    here and now versus over the horizon
    tactile versus mindful
    characteristics versus connections
    physical versus academic
    explorer versus experimenter
    application versus theory
    earthy versus elitist
    do versus study
    net gain versus net contribution
    parts versus whole
    where should I be versus where do I fit
    charming versus diplomatic

a.k.a. I/O

EDIT: I had meant to write "physical versus cerebral" instead of repeating the word "academic"
    Last edited by Rebelondeck; 03-13-2021 at 09:08 PM.

TIM
    SLE 8w7 SX/SO
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    At times, the words on both sides of “versus” can apply to both types but most times, they remain on their respective sides:

ESTp versus ENTp

bottom-up versus top-down
    components versus system
    practical versus academic
    here and now versus over the horizon
    tactile versus mindful
    characteristics versus connections
    physical versus academic
    explorer versus experimenter
    application versus theory
    earthy versus elitist
    do versus study
    net gain versus net contribution
    parts versus whole
    where should I be versus where do I fit
    charming versus diplomatic

a.k.a. I/O
    Not bad, I will say I like "bottom-up vs top-down" a lot as a distinction between SLE and ILE. I definitely consider myself a bottom-up thinker in how I seek what is most stable, objective, and certain as my basis for understanding a subject or building an argument. Getting ~the big picture~ as in an airy word cloud or skeletal definition of a concept doesn't do much for me. I genuinely want numbers, statistics, citations of historical events, research, etc. as fast as possible, since my goal is to get an accurate idea of how a concept functions in reality.

The way Ne bases seem to think often feels lazy or incomplete to me, since they quickly absorb the "gist" of a subject and consider that enough. The attitude seems to be "I don't need to have the details because what really matters is the ~big idea~," but can you demonstrate how that big idea is derived from reality? It often seems to me that ILEs want to offload the actual work onto other people, while occupying a comfy position as the "idea guy" or "big picture thinker." In contrast, I focus on making my beliefs and creations as impenetrable as possible. What concerns me is how much pressure a system can take before breaking.

"Where should I be versus where do I fit" is an interesting observation, and I'd like to hear your reasoning. I vaguely get what you're talking about, but I don't want to infer the wrong conclusion.

"Earthy vs elitist" is kinda weird to me. SLEs are aristocratic types and, like all betas, have a tendency to feel a part of a higher class of people. Being Se base in particular can make us feel more motivated, driven, and capable than most people we come across. I certainly catch myself looking down on other people for being too lazy, unmotivated, conflict avoidant, and stuck in their heads. I scan for passionate and dedicated people who "get it," that the point of life is to do things of great significance.

The ILEs I meet seem incapable of taking themselves seriously. They're goofy, ironic, both self-deprecating and playfully narcissistic, and get along with almost everyone. If anything, I notice ILEs frequently enjoy mocking anyone who thinks highly of themselves, with the ultimate moral being "we're all apes on a spinning rock and our disagreements are silly to get upset over." I struggle to see ILE as a particularly elitist type, unless it's modified by something external, such as being a 3 or 7 enneagram wise.

TIM
    SLE 8w7 SX/SO
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally I always see Ne leads as not having this kind of forceful gait and contained energy that Se leads always have. SLEs may be animated too but they still have control of their own body most of the time. Ne leads mostly don’t, sometimes they bump tables unknowingly when they get even just slightly excited.
    The difference in physical presence between myself and ILEs I meet is hilarious. I walk with a lot of force behind me, my feet are firmly planted on the ground, and I have good control of my body. Even when I'm distracted thinking about something, I'm naturally aware of myself in space. I cannot fathom walking into random shit or running into people on the street while lost in thought. It simply doesn't happen. When I'm moving about the world, I am constantly scanning my environment and taking note of useful information or interesting observations. I track everything I put in my body and how it makes me feel, and I always know what my body needs at any given point. This all seems like Being Human 101 to me, but holy shit can ILEs be so bad at existing.

One night I was hanging out with an ILE friend and we went to get food. This is during COVID, mind you, so careful food handling is a must. While walking around looking for dinner, my friend notices a late night cookie shop is open. She impulsively runs in and buys around 1000kcal worth of cookie and stuffs her face in public, without washing her hands after touching doorknobs. I ask her "what the fuck are you doing, you could get sick," and she says "oh, I forgot I touched the door." Then she realizes she just ate a ton of sugar instead of real food, and that she's going to feel like shit for a while. Of course, she still has to eat a proper dinner, so she winds up spending more money than she initially wanted to on food.

It was the most vulgar display of 1d Si I've ever witnessed. I had to break down for her, on numerous occasions, how the choices she makes affect her internal state. She doesn't naturally make the connection between eating junk food all the time and feeling bad. Her head is off in the clouds thinking about fuck knows what while her body seems to act on its own, especially to indulge in short sighted comforts. Furthermore, she had no sense of visual harmony and would wear any pieces together if they were comfortable, regardless of how terrible it looked. She was also very clumsy and didn't seem to know her size in space. It was bizarre to me.

The ILEs I know don’t have great spatial skills, like I said things just fly or fall sometimes, when they use a camera for example it’s mostly off center, when they organize stuff there is an extra/unnecessary movement as their force is not well directed, like me they are also very unorganized and their things are just everywhere.
    ILEs don't seem particularly spatial in thought from my perspective also. They relate to more purified concepts stripped of any earthly form, and listening to ILEs talk feels like they're talking their way around a concept too abstract to be directly expressed. I am naturally good at spatial reasoning and visualization, in contrast. It's easy for me to stand in the middle of a room and mentally rearrange objects to better utilize the space. When I envision an abstracted system like a virtual machine network, it automatically takes on a visual architecture as if I'm analyzing the 3d blueprint of an actual building. Then I can rotate the space in my head and zoom in/out to get the full picture. Holographic-panoramic thought style, I guess.

I roast ILEs pretty hard because it's easy, and they tend to take "funny guy" roles regardless. ILE is one of the types I connect with the easiest, though. The mutual Fi polr is a relief; neither of us expects anything from the other, and we can come and go at will without attachment. Our conversations tend to stay intellectual and we can discuss subjects in depth for hours without sidetracking into personal shit the way other types tend to. Sharing creative Ti/demonstrative Te is nice since we can fluidly move between both thinking styles in conversation, while neither of us actually worships at the extroverted thinking Church of Common Sense And Empirical Proof.

There is always roasting, of course.
    "Haha you're an oversized child stop being so lazy"
    "Haha you're an egotistical tryhard who tries to impress everyone"

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mloolks View Post
    This is really interesting because I met an ILE at a party who stood at the sidelines all night long and did not even attempt to engage in a social contact with anyone except for his SEI wife.
    Yup. I'm like this. If I can not use logic I do not find those occasions interesting at all. Fi mingling is like nightmare. Give me even Te task...or anything and I become social
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Diaper 007 View Post
    If I can not use logic I do not find those occasions interesting at all.
    while being F, you are using logics lesser than emotions and when you are using logics you do this not so good

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    while being F, you are using logics lesser than emotions and when you are using logics you do this not so good
    Well since when you misunderstood probability distribution (Normal distribution)boundaries your words mean nothing to me. I can not take your logic seriously even if you are a T type.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Chin Diaper 007
    you may notice your F by IR effects with T/F types IRL
    other approaches may keep your misleading forever

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chin Diaper 007
    Speak english or nerd. Nobody here understands cult speech.

Old thread, by the way. There's a response here that's from 2007.

Also, yeah, wallflower can I be, however in normal situations, I tend to gravitate towards the center of attention for god knows how or why.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Chin Diaper 007
    Speak english or nerd. Nobody here understands cult speech.

Old thread, by the way. There's a response here that's from 2007.

Also, yeah, wallflower can I be, however in normal situations, I tend to gravitate towards the center of attention for god knows how or why.

This is true. I'll give you that. Might want to check yourself for that one.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    @Chin Diaper 007 you don’t have a vid? I thought everyone gets initiated by Sol at one point.
    I was disrespectful of his rules of conduct. I also recorded the video ergonomically non favorable position with bad camera + I had no idea that talking to a camera was that hard (when I do not have people around I just get submerged into my thoughts and do not put them out). It was very amateurish but it was also meant to be that way. It was quick one.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by euphoricfilth View Post
    The difference in physical presence between myself and ILEs I meet is hilarious. I walk with a lot of force behind me, my feet are firmly planted on the ground, and I have good control of my body. Even when I'm distracted thinking about something, I'm naturally aware of myself in space. I cannot fathom walking into random shit or running into people on the street while lost in thought. It simply doesn't happen. When I'm moving about the world, I am constantly scanning my environment and taking note of useful information or interesting observations. I track everything I put in my body and how it makes me feel, and I always know what my body needs at any given point. This all seems like Being Human 101 to me, but holy shit can ILEs be so bad at existing.

One night I was hanging out with an ILE friend and we went to get food. This is during COVID, mind you, so careful food handling is a must. While walking around looking for dinner, my friend notices a late night cookie shop is open. She impulsively runs in and buys around 1000kcal worth of cookie and stuffs her face in public, without washing her hands after touching doorknobs. I ask her "what the fuck are you doing, you could get sick," and she says "oh, I forgot I touched the door." Then she realizes she just ate a ton of sugar instead of real food, and that she's going to feel like shit for a while. Of course, she still has to eat a proper dinner, so she winds up spending more money than she initially wanted to on food.

It was the most vulgar display of 1d Si I've ever witnessed. I had to break down for her, on numerous occasions, how the choices she makes affect her internal state. She doesn't naturally make the connection between eating junk food all the time and feeling bad. Her head is off in the clouds thinking about fuck knows what while her body seems to act on its own, especially to indulge in short sighted comforts. Furthermore, she had no sense of visual harmony and would wear any pieces together if they were comfortable, regardless of how terrible it looked. She was also very clumsy and didn't seem to know her size in space. It was bizarre to me.

ILEs don't seem particularly spatial in thought from my perspective also. They relate to more purified concepts stripped of any earthly form, and listening to ILEs talk feels like they're talking their way around a concept too abstract to be directly expressed. I am naturally good at spatial reasoning and visualization, in contrast. It's easy for me to stand in the middle of a room and mentally rearrange objects to better utilize the space. When I envision an abstracted system like a virtual machine network, it automatically takes on a visual architecture as if I'm analyzing the 3d blueprint of an actual building. Then I can rotate the space in my head and zoom in/out to get the full picture. Holographic-panoramic thought style, I guess.

I roast ILEs pretty hard because it's easy, and they tend to take "funny guy" roles regardless. ILE is one of the types I connect with the easiest, though. The mutual Fi polr is a relief; neither of us expects anything from the other, and we can come and go at will without attachment. Our conversations tend to stay intellectual and we can discuss subjects in depth for hours without sidetracking into personal shit the way other types tend to. Sharing creative Ti/demonstrative Te is nice since we can fluidly move between both thinking styles in conversation, while neither of us actually worships at the extroverted thinking Church of Common Sense And Empirical Proof.

There is always roasting, of course.
    "Haha you're an oversized child stop being so lazy"
    "Haha you're an egotistical tryhard who tries to impress everyone"
    That description sounds like ILE-Ne. One of my best friends is one and we're both quite different at a glance. The ILE-Ne I've met were extremely clumsy and absent-minded. I can't speak for other ILE-Ti but I'd say my hand dexterity and reflexes are excellent. I rank among the top players of a few rhythm games (pure hand-eye coordination and speed). My body dexterity isn't too good in comparison, but it's something like using excess force and breaking things rather than clumsiness or absent-mindedness problems. So ILE-Ne with its weakened Si and weakened Se is extremely clumsy. ILE-Ti with its strengthened Si and strengthened Se should at least be more aware of its body, environment, etc.
    I'd say in my case I'm not too aware of static objects in the environment, stuff like "find x thing" in a static environment full of objects is hard for me because I quite literally see the big picture when I look at a scene. On the other hand my visual tracking skills are excellent. Although maybe that's a skill I trained thanks to playing games competitively for a few years.

Anyways, the point of this thread isn't distinguishing a generic 'obvious' ILE with a generic 'obvious' SLE. Yeah a stereotypic ILE is clumsy and nerdy, yeah a stereotypic SLE is spatially aware and 'chad'. The point is distinguishing ILE-Ti and SLE-Ti who look very similar. Both rather serious, neither particularly aggressive, both sharp or thoughtful looking but animated and humorous/ironic in conversations, etc. In fact if two people of these types have an extremely strong Rational subtype then their Functions would have mathematically identical strengths (and the only way to type them is through dimensionality of Ni and Si).

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Diaper 007 View Post
    Yup. I'm like this. If I can not use logic I do not find those occasions interesting at all. Fi mingling is like nightmare. Give me even Te task...or anything and I become social
    I feel ya. Social occasions where you're supposed to 'just have fun' with strangers are a pain in the ass. Until I can figure out if someone shares interests with me and then I open up. But if it's business-related socializing where I need to make contacts or whatever it's easy for me to initiate conversation and just get the job done. Maybe it's a Constructivist vs Emotivist thing.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I have good reflexes but those tend to suprise people when it comes out of nowhere. It is like I'm extremely clumsy with good reflexes. The end result is that I'm still alive.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345