Thread: Description of extroverted sensing Se

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Description of extroverted sensing Se

GOOD LORD THIS Se description is HOT!!! (I miss Herzy and superman. But it's best they are engaging other things. STAY AWAY. Se away on IRL thingys. <3!)

Seriously though, this description makes me super happy! *throws Se confetti*

Se - Experiencing and noticing the physical world, scanning for visible reactions and relevant data.You are one with the experience. There is no "naming" or describing - just pure, vivid experience. The whole scene comes into your awareness almost at once. You may be drawn to experience more and more, seeking any variation that will intensely excite the senses. Writing that is richly descriptive can also evoke Se as can other mental stimulation. The process is momentary and tied to the events of the iminediate situation. It is used in the here and now and helps us know what is really there in the physical world and to adapt to it. Se occurs when we scan for information that is relevant to our interests, then we mentally register data and facts such as baseball statistics, the locations of all the restaurants in town, or the names of all the actors in the popular television shows. There can be an active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Associated behaviors include eating a whole box of chocolates for the variety of tastes; playing an instrument for hours with pure enjoyment, not for practice; voracious reading or continual asking of questions to get specifics.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do I understand it correctly? Se is when you do things just because. In my world everything has a meaning, everything that happens has a purpose... Se would be the opposite of that.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    do I understand it correctly? Se is when you do things just because. In my world everything has a meaning, everything that happens has a purpose... Se would be the opposite of that.
    I think Se is supposed to be the opposite of Ni. Opposites are

Se - Ni
    Ne - Si
    Fe - Ti
    Te - Fi

Se lives "in the here and now" so whatever "purpose" it perceives must be tied to "here and now". Like "I'm punching that guy in order to make him shut up" (lol). The purpose of the punch is to have immediate effect but it is not tied to any greater framework. For pure Se there is no future or greater purpose.

I guess in Ni-Se relations Ni brings the purpose and Se makes it happen. Or something. Of course no person is purely Se or purely Ni but anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What they do with their wonderful world of awareness is a whole other giant. ESFp's imle(in my limited experience), tend to be more impulsive than say, ISTj's. Testing limits left and right. To an ESFp, being in a mattress store might translate into an invitation to jump up and down and all around those welcoming springy foams. lol

I just realized how much I seriously love Se awareness. Left to my own devices, I can become engrossed in thoughts/musings, so much so, that time slows down; reducing my awareness of the ongoings. I end up on the sidelines for a moment. lol, Se feels like I can dance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testing limits left and right. To an ESFp, being in a mattress store might translate into an invitation to jump up and down and all around those welcoming springy foams. lol
    damn! this reminds me of my cousin. as teens she would throughly embarass the people she hung out with by doing all kinds of crazy stuff in stores. being Se myself, it would just make my adrenaline rush through the roof.

To me, Se is pretty wild. especially when playing sports. throwing and catching a football is my favourite. the more i play the more i feel like i can catch anything i want. one hand catches might seem special to an outside observer but it's become casual to me. after a good warmup, i can throw the football anywhere without too much effort. i often feel like i was born to play catch.

i feel at peace when watching a landscape. i see all details and colours like a moving painting. i can see farther than most people. oftentimes, my friends ask me how i'm able to see the slightest details from far away distances at night. at these moments, i feel like a ubermensch.
    IEI - the nasty kind...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mustachio
    Testing limits left and right. To an ESFp, being in a mattress store might translate into an invitation to jump up and down and all around those welcoming springy foams. lol
    damn! this reminds me of my cousin. as teens she would throughly embarass the people she hung out with by doing all kinds of crazy stuff in stores. being Se myself, it would just make my adrenaline rush through the roof.
    Yeah, youth induced with Se is a thing to marvel at. Everywhere we went was open to physical experimentation.

To me, Se is pretty wild. especially when playing sports. throwing and catching a football is my favourite. the more i play the more i feel like i can catch anything i want. one hand catches might seem special to an outside observer but it's become casual to me. after a good warmup, i can throw the football anywhere without too much effort. i often feel like i was born to play catch.
    Being good at things does bring on that feeling of "I was born for THIS." Seems to me what you're good at goes beyond playing catch. I think the more important quality you carry is, confidence; in most things you engage in. Whether it's playing catch or writing or movie-making. It's like looking at the world as a big catch game and asking which game of catch is most appealing/rewarding/befitting...

i feel at peace when watching a landscape. i see all details and colours like a moving painting. i can see farther than most people. oftentimes, my friends ask me how i'm able to see the slightest details from far away distances at night. at these moments, i feel like a ubermensch.
    Sounds like your Se is up and running. An IEE with uber Se!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do I understand it correctly? Se is when you do things just because.
    that sounds more relevant to Se dominance, as does much of that description

Se dominants are fun, but they tire me out quickly. Sometimes I wish I had their energy... but only if I could channel it specifically towards my goals, which isn't exactly what I'd say ESxps are known for doing with most of their energy. ISxjs use energy more wisely, which is much more attractive to me.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me try this:

ISxj's use too much of their energy to establish a rational, time-locked, world that Se dominants will play around with, test its limits, question its reliability. Which isn't what ISxj's are known for. ESXp's go out and make things happen, in real time, creating immediate possibilities. Much more attractive to me.

I tried to do your kind of compare and contrast between the "positive" and "negative" "traits" of types, but it makes me feel disgusted with myself. lol

I guess that kind of "compare/contrast the efficiency of types" analysis is natural/helpful to you. Maybe in the end, we all interpret information according to how it best suits us.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maze
    Let me try this:

ISxj's use too much of their energy to establish a rational, time-locked, world that Se dominants will play around with, test its limits, question its reliability. Which isn't what ISxj's are known for. ESXp's go out and make things happen, in real time, creating immediate possibilities. Much more attractive to me.

I tried to do your kind of compare and contrast between the "positive" and "negative" "traits" of types, but it makes me feel disgusted with myself. lol
    It's not about what's positive or negative or good or bad... it's about what's compatible. No need to feel disgusted with yourself for knowing that you aren't as compatible with ISxjs as you are with ESTps.

I guess that kind of "compare/contrast the efficiency of types" analysis is natural/helpful to you. Maybe in the end, we all interpret information according to how it best suits us.
    indeed (that's why I like the Information Elements better than looking solely at Jung's descriptions of functions)
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm disgusted for judging them according to my needs. For seeing people as useful/not useful to me. For being that subjective/egocentric.

So when you say ISFj's are wise, it simply means they are offering you something you need. When you say ESxp's are not known for such wiseness, it simply means they don't offer what you need.

The term "wise" is used subjectively.

I want universals. Not subjective truths. lol

Or at least, a more complete subjective interpretation. For instance, I felt like I provided the "other" subjective outlook.

But still, both make me feel too subjective.

For one day, I wish to experience a dominant judging function! What must those eyes see? lol

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you find the description?
    SEE

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm disgusted for judging them according to my needs. For seeing people as useful/not useful to me. For being that subjective/egocentric.

So when you say ISFj's are wise, it simply means they are offering you something you need. When you say ESxp's are not known for such wiseness, it simply means they don't offer what you need.

The term "wise" is used subjectively.

I want universals. Not subjective truths. lol

Or at least, a more complete subjective interpretation. For instance, I felt like I provided the "other" subjective outlook.

But still, both make me feel too subjective.

For one day, I wish to experience a dominant judging function! What must those eyes see? lol
    Applause. Standing ovation.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mustachio
    Ahah, true. Sometimes I forget to turn on the lights of the car at night, because I have no problems seeing. I notice only when other cars start to flashing at me from the opposite direction. What you do with football happens to me with dancing. The more I do, the more I can follow the rythm with perfect precision not missing a beat.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Joy, I googled the whole passage. (I had not clue where my haphazard clicking led me to, lol).

here

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reason, the truth, and the way things are and should be.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not totally serious.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol
    only partially serious? lol

Totally serious would be: lol

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFp and ENTp are famous for switching to Se when in emergency situations. While I'm not Se dominant, I've felt being Se driven in such situations. I think I can describe it pretty well because it's sharply different to Ne.

When switching to Se, the first thing I notice is that I stop being introspective. I generally look at the world with detachment, like if I was an observer behind a glass, and not an actor. Se is the opposite: you're completelly immersed in the situation before you, forgetting all connections to the future and past.

For example, once my brother started a fire in the house. He got paralyzed by fear (ESFj), while I stepped in and cut off the fire. I remember being aware of the sofa that was burning, the big glass container that I used to carry water, the hose that I used to fill up the container. It was like being aware of each of the pieces that made the whole scene at once.

Se is quite powerful when it comes to solving immediate problems, but makes you too focused into here and now. This is very dangerous, because at times you will not be able to understand the future concequences of what you are doing.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    Se is quite powerful when it comes to solving immediate problems, but makes you too focused into here and now. This is very dangerous, because at times you will not be able to understand the future concequences of what you are doing.
    I can see what you mean. It would be quite funny though being a Se-dominant because you would constantly feel the immense power of being in control of the immediate situation but lack the understanding of missing something important. Others can see the weaknesses but Se-dominants are blissfully ignorant of them and just feel all powerful all the time. What a nice feeling

When Ne-dominants use Se they sooner or later take a step back and look at their behavior from a distance and get all disappointed about the long term consequences of relying on Se and switch back to Ne (i.e. insecurity and paranoias, lol). Isn't that sad Being Se-dominant would be mentally easier Especially ESFp who don't really analyze their life at all just make stuff happen and feel good about it.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with what mikemex said.

Matti, don't exaggerate it now we don't feel all-powerful - unless reality tells us so.

As an example: if I'm playing soccer and I can't dribble everybody, then of course I'm not all-powerful, eheh.

Also, you don't forget ALL the connections. This would mean being unable to utilize cause-effect relationships and thus not solving the problems. It's more like: you foget the possible "ramifications" of your actions.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maze View Post
    Se - Experiencing and noticing the physical world, scanning for visible reactions and relevant data.You are one with the experience. There is no "naming" or describing - just pure, vivid experience. The whole scene comes into your awareness almost at once. You may be drawn to experience more and more, seeking any variation that will intensely excite the senses. ... There can be an active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention.
    nice description. i've certainly seen this with an SEE friend.

how much does this describe the experience of other Se egos?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lol, I don't know how I feel about Socionics and it's definitions for Se and Ne. With Jung and MBTI it's obvious, I'm Se>Ne. When I look at an object, there's not much else that comes to mind. I just see it, and that's it. Yet Se in Socionics seems to imply a level of physical activity and persistence that I would've previously only associated with being on a cocaine/meth rush (Ne is just what, mental fogginess/distractibility? a corny joke or two?). It's a mode of perception that I would like to be in, since it would make me more persistent in pursuing my interests, or have an easier time just living, but I end up being 'held back' (I hate using that term, because it implies that I have no control over it. Sometimes you just have to drag yourself through it regardless. You can't always rely on motivation/inspiration,) by anxiety, self-consciousness, or whatever complex I'm dealing with at a given moment. It sounds great honestly.
    Last edited by suedehead; 05-06-2014 at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maze View Post
    Se - Experiencing and noticing the physical world, scanning for visible reactions and relevant data.You are one with the experience. There is no "naming" or describing - just pure, vivid experience. The whole scene comes into your awareness almost at once.
    Sounds more like Si, if anything. Here's ConcreteButterfly:
    Si
    how external sights, colors, motions, etc affect me internally, the changes in my nervous system, my physical tone, my mood. focusing on maximizing physical comfort and relaxation, harmonizing with the world around me. balance. "dancing". grace and fluidity. no sharp movements, no clumsiness. body works as a complete unit, external sensations are taken in as a whole.

here's the definition of "field":
    Fields:
    Things that are perceived through the subject by means of feelings and cannot be studied apart from the subject

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Se occurs when we scan for information that is relevant to our interests, then we mentally register data and facts such as baseball statistics, the locations of all the restaurants in town, or the names of all the actors in the popular television shows. There can be an active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Associated behaviors include eating a whole box of chocolates for the variety of tastes; playing an instrument for hours with pure enjoyment, not for practice; voracious reading or continual asking of questions to get specifics.
    This seems familiar, although it's the first I've heard of it in relation to Se. How are some of these different from Ne? Like looking up facts/trivia for example.

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    This seems familiar, although it's the first I've heard of it in relation to Se. How are some of these different from Ne? Like looking up facts/trivia for example.
    I'd put it as Ne will mentally collect trivia and facts on the unusual, unexpected, and not so much because such facts and trivia pertains to their immediate environment and concrete interests. With Se, gathering relevant information is in order to get as much of a detailed picture as possible of relevant interests, even if that information may be otherwise perceived as mundane. Me knowing every [gay] bar in town is less interesting to an Ne ego who wants to know which bars stand out from the rest for whatever unique flavor and quirk about that venue. So the Se tendency to gathering relevant information pertaining to relevant interests and the place of residence is different than gathering trivia on the peculiar.

Overall, I'd say that description is decent and goes beyond the idea that Se is about driving fast cars, doing cart wheels through traffic, and partying, partying, partying, (yeah!) and fun, fun, fun (not to say it cannot relate to these things...and doing cart wheels in traffic is not advised).