Thread: Alison Krauss

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alison Krauss

Alison Krauss is my all time favorite artist, and I finally had the chance to hear her play live with Union Station in Cincinnati a couple months ago. Her talent, humble spirit, and presence are constantly taking my breath away. (I have a serious woman crush... she's just so beautiful and classy!)

But I'm completely perplexed on her typing. Here are some interviews, as well as some observations that I've noted by her:

(Interview starts at 2:10)

-Over the course of EVERY concert, she introduces each of the musicians playing with her, as well as a "fun fact" about them, to help the audience become acquainted with them, and to give them credit and spotlight time.

-Her interviews are awkward when the conversation shifts towards her in a flattering or complimentary way. Yet she's graceful and funny, but most definitely awkward in how she handles compliments or attention. (This is one of the many intriguing qualities I find in her) Part of this may also be a slight introversion.

-People are constantly asking her why she chooses to sing songs that are "sad". The stories and lyrics of her songs are often heartbreaking, and in response she always says that she feels compels to tell the "truth", to sing and express truth in the music. She's been divorced and I get a sense that she's still deeply hurt following that separation, but I also wonder if she's IxFx - deeply feeling, sensitive.

What are your thoughts? Help me out.

Also... I consider this to be the most beautiful, relaxing, pure 56 minutes of music and talent.

And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bump. I'd really like some help with this one.

Her way of talking reminds me of myself in some ways, at least when I'm around people with whom I'm unfamiliar. There's genuine warmth but also a little awkwardness at times (as if there's the smallest "pause" to first process then respond)

The more I study her, the more my instincts lead me to Delta NF, but I could just be wishing that more than I'm reading it.
    And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and gone tomorrow, won't he more surely care for you?- Matthew 6:30

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I like her a lot and her music too. She strikes me as an introvert, probably FiNe, especially since much of her music is focused on depth of feeling and wanting other people to experience someone else's depth of emotion. I would say that the Humanist type suits her well. Have you ever heard Jacob's Dream? That is probably the saddest song I ever heard and she really tries to put you in the point of view of the children who wandered off, became lost, and died.

Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

TIM
    IEE, 9w1
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
    I like her a lot and her music too. She strikes me as an introvert, probably FiNe, especially since much of her music is focused on depth of feeling and wanting other people to experience someone else's depth of emotion. I would say that the Humanist type suits her well. Have you ever heard Jacob's Dream? That is probably the saddest song I ever heard and she really tries to put you in the point of view of the children who wandered off, became lost, and died.

I loved this post and couldn't agree more. I read more about the children from this song after watching one of her interviews about it. It rips me up just listening to it ever since, but her music is so addicting to me despite the sad subjects.

Away Down the River has me captured and breathless. I love it so deeply that I'd like to have it played when I die. The simplicity and depth are unmatched by anything else I've heard.

--

Now the pictures on the wall
    will help you to recall.
    They're not there to make you sad
    But to remember all the good times we had

When it's time to leave
    You're going to feel the mountain breeze
    And the snow will fill the street
    And carry you to me

--

It's heart wrenching, but I'm so in love with it because I can experience it as I listen.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

is this you

NeFi imo, possibly Fi subtype ... is she the one whose song was chosen for E9? Sister Rosetta with that LedZep dude. I like it.

TIM
    EIE-Fe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alison Krauss, LII-Ti

reserved*

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)