Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could see that, or EIE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-25-2014 at 02:40 AM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I've typed him as LII after watching through several of his lectures. Gilly was right in that he's loaded with Ti but his Se PoLR was all to evident. He sees no issues with supporting his lectures by examples and analogies drawn from fictional stories, movies, and even cartoons (in one video he talked about Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter movie in support of his points, lol) i.e. he's relying on the kind of fictive, immaterial evidence that is not going to be seriously considered in Se valuing quadra. It's imaginative and entertaining to listen to, but from his lecture it was immediately evident to me that he's oblivious to Se. Additionally, the whole coming up with "radical ideas" aka possessing the 9th sense for alternatives is mentioned repeatedly in LII profiles.

Extended typing: LII-Ne so/sp 5w4.

I very much doubt that he's an ethical type:

In this interview, Slavoj seems to read Charlie Rose's mind and complete each other's thoughts - a point for them being identicals LII x LII.

quotes:

"I believe in clear-cut positions. I think that the most arrogant position is this apparent, multidisciplinary modesty of "what I am saying now is not unconditional, it is just a hypothesis," and so on. It really is a most arrogant position. I think that the only way to be honest and expose yourself to criticism is to state clearly and dogmatically where you are. You must take the risk and have a position." - (rational?)

"I hate writing. I so intensely hate writing — I cannot tell you how much. The moment I am at the end of one project I have the idea that I didn’t really succeed in telling what I wanted to tell, that I need a new project — it’s an absolute nightmare. But my whole economy of writing is in fact based on an obsessional ritual to avoid the actual act of writing."

"I think that the task of philosophy is not to provide answers, but to show how the way we perceive a problem can be itself part of a problem."

"We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom."

"I found there, on the central square, a café that miraculously worked through this emergency. I remember they had wonderful strawberry cakes, and I was sitting there eating strawberry cakes and watching Russian tanks against demonstrators. It was perfect."

"With Lenin it was always a substantial commitment. I always have a certain admiration for people who are aware that somebody has to do the job. What I hate about these liberal, pseudo-left, beautiful soul academics is that they are doing what they are doing fully aware that somebody else will do the job for them." - (LII-SLE supervision?)
    Last edited by silke; 08-14-2015 at 08:32 AM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

ESE
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

slavoj is adorable

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

He is, when he flaps his hands uncontrollably as if trying to catch a mosquito by the balls.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by mfckr; 12-25-2014 at 02:40 AM.

maybe they are duals with the pussy riot frontwoman

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mfckr View Post
    The EIE typing makes the most sense.

I usually don't mind listening to him bc he often makes interesting critiques I haven't thought of before.
    Yes, EIE. He is great.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-Ni, possibly 3, 6...

edit: his 'preferred' method of suicide being falling down a spiral staircase is pretty 3-esque, lol.

he's also a good example of algorithmic thinking, in the way he takes phrases/anecdotess/jokes etc. in this disparate way and develops context between them.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    ILE
    Naw, no way he's a cause effect 4D thinker. He's a ego however.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's an EIE.

He uses a lot of Fe. Big and expressive. He wants you to go along with with his emotions, get caught up in the political drama.

His Ti is actually pretty poor. He has often been described as not thinking through his ideas and to have contradicted himself on a number of occasions.

Also, just look at his terrible Si! His philosophy is about pushing people rather than being comfortable and content.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    He uses a lot of Fe. Big and expressive. He wants you to go along with with his emotions, get caught up in the political drama.
    you must have missed that Zizek rejects feeling: "Love feels like a great misfortune, a monstrous parasite, a permanent state of emergency that ruins all small pleasures."

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Oliver Aaron View Post
    get caught up in the political drama.
    it's not only EIEs who are differential to politics

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yeves View Post
    you must have missed that Zizek rejects feeling: "Love feels[FONT=arial, sans-serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#545454] like a great misfortune, a monstrous parasite, a permanent state of emergency that ruins all small pleasures."
    this sounds pretty emotional itself?

i don't know his type. but it would surprise me if an Fe base type could be such a nosepicking dork - i can't think of a tactful way to say it. seeing his quotes around they do amuse me and get my synapses firing but i don't really understand a lot of what he says, i feel like im all dressed up with nowhere to go, and thats fairly common for me when i read stuff that beta nfs write when they are being intellectual.

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    this sounds pretty emotional itself?

i don't know his type. but it would surprise me if an Fe base type could be such a nosepicking dork - i can't think of a tactful way to say it. seeing his quotes around they do amuse me but i don't really understand most of what he says, i feel like im all dressed up with nowhere to go, and thats fairly common for me when i read stuff that beta nfs write.
    he's rationalizing his feelings and subjecting them to analysis. these rationalizations of his emotions that he inserts into his lectures aren't what he feels any more. it's not the pure felt emotion. i'm not finding quite the right words to describe this but his emotions feel artificial and too intellectualized to me.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

it makes sense

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Huh, Žižek EIE? Interesting, I've always had him as ILE.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you must have missed that Zizek rejects feeling: "Love feels[FONT=arial, sans-serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=#545454] like a great misfortune, a monstrous parasite, a permanent state of emergency that ruins all small pleasures."
    if anything I think this is a good example of the provocative, often tongue-in-cheek way he uses Fe->Se.

also -- and this is just a self-contained impression -- the emphasis (" monstrous parasite," "ruins small pleasures") strikes me as Si-polr for some reason.

he's rationalizing his feelings and subjecting them to analysis. these rationalizations of his emotions that he inserts into his lectures aren't what he feels any more. it's not the pure felt emotion. i'm not finding quite the right words to describe this but his emotions feel artificial and too intellectualized to me.
    it's not uncommon for Fe-egos (more so Fe-dominants, being constructivists) to rationalize and intellectualize emotions, either to find a certain objective consistency in their evolution, or present them in a desired way (or both). zizek imo is very adept this regard.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

President of WSS Jack Oliver Aaron's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you must have missed that Zizek rejects feeling: "Love feels like a great misfortune, a monstrous parasite, a permanent state of emergency that ruins all small pleasures."

it's not only EIEs who are differential to politics

Why do you think that Zizek rejects feeling in that quote? The common theme of his philosophy is one where we are excited and mobilised to strain against our 'small pleasures' for something of greater import. Plus, feeling is inherent in exactly how he phrases that quote.... very much fits Beta's Fe and Se valuing.

You are right, however different types take to politics for different reasons. Emmeline Pankhurst was political in a fight for justice, Zizek is political because he wants to persuade people of the memes he has generated. He's not merely a philosopher but a dramatic propagator of memes to the people.

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Alpha NT.

“Humanity is OK, but 99% of people are boring idiots.”

“as soon as we renounce fiction and illusion, we lose reality itself; the moment we subtract fictions from reality, reality itself loses its discursive-logical consistency.”

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He was asked to do a thing about love, and this is something he came up with out of that. His viewpoint is that love is only true if it's removed from the sane, sanitary, moderate "buddhist" love we try to strive for-love without the bad parts, the parts that hurt. He commonly says that "love without the fall" is not love at all. I think here, he maybe be analyzing it, but the end position is something very in favor of the natural emotion that comes with the experience.

I want to say he's beta.
    Last edited by ouronis; 01-11-2015 at 02:42 AM.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he scares me, but i'm afraid that he could be my dual

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    he scares me, but i'm afraid that he could be my dual
    I'm still convinced he's ILE. All your Slovenian duals are like this Lemon. You see now what I'm dealing with

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    I'm still convinced he's ILE. All your Slovenian duals are like this Lemon. You see now what I'm dealing with

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think he's Alpha NT because I remember one video where he's at a garbage dump and he's like playing with trash and talking about how it's all connected to something completely unrelated like art and philosphy. It seems like something an SEI would be into (Si and Ti).
    Last edited by suedehead; 01-11-2015 at 03:28 AM.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE those two are semi-duals. I've had my bout of semi-dualism just the other day with Chaplin.

He's just like my EIE friend, and also is the same enneagram 4w5 or 5w4. Yesterday we had debate club, and he did the most outrageous things while role playing as the nation of Laos during the Vietnam War. I loved his story, although I was busy speaking Bulgaria's mind in the WW1 period in another room.

The Chaplin type (type ESFp) was my semi-dual. Similar stuff happening here.

They were not even close to identical. One is an introvert, the other is an extrovert. The introvert interrupted the extrovert suddenly, and the extrovert was surprised. Such surprise does not happen in a true duality.

So yeah. No. Otherwise he'd be my dual. My dual is likely Sir Arthur Conan Doyle/Professor Challenger, unless Professor Challenger/SACD is my identical. Probably not.

I should grab a copy of Lost World and read it. Probably would like it.
    Last edited by Alomoes; 02-06-2015 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A vote for ILE from me

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrrm. In light of my new type, I should consider some other type for him. I don't know.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

he reminds me of @Hitta

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    he reminds me of @Hitta
    That's because Hitta is ILE.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

IEE-Ne, E7.

Ne subtype + E7 makes the impression of a "Logical" NT type, but his club is NF and he is Delta.

His concerns are humanitarian, ethical. He does not use for logical reasoning.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    IEE-Ne, E7.

Ne subtype + E7 makes the impression of a "Logical" NT type, but his club is NF and he is Delta.

Ime ILE's often argue about human condition (supposedly NF realm) as well, in a smart-assy, cynical and overwhelming way However, I would buy your typing way before EIE typing, that one is very wrong. Ne all over for Žižek and Fi polr also makes sense for him.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisOfNight View Post
    IEE-Ne, E7.

Slavoj also hates interacting with other people due to social anxiety, cynicism but I wouldn't say that has anything to do with type.

ILE imo

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ILE-Ni

Type by intelligent design. Five apples, one orange. Throw out the orange.

ILE-Ni examples: AmazingAtheist, Larry Flynt, Charles Manson

Zizek squeezes in right between Amazing Atheist and Larry Flynt. It's such a fabulous fit....that Will Hunting said it best.

how do you like them apples

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    ILE-Ni

Type by intelligent design. Five apples, one orange. Throw out the orange.

ILE-Ni examples: AmazingAtheist, Larry Flynt, Charles Manson

Zizek squeezes in right between Amazing Atheist and Larry Flynt. It's such a fabulous fit....that Will Hunting said it best.

how do you like them apples
    ILE-Ne?
    Last edited by marooned; 01-15-2016 at 06:27 PM. Reason: NITPICKING

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yeah, good look.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast