Thread: Cedric Bixler Zavala

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cedric Bixler Zavala

Yeah, I guess it's about time I made a thread for him, even though I've stated MY opinion of his type before.

Cedric's a singer/songwriter whose known for his dark, gothic lyrics, Elvis-on-acid dance moves, flashy dress style, and high, falsetto voice. He's a pasifist who, at the beggining of one show, lectured the crowd about how they had the gates seperating them moved, but he didn't want any fights... a quote by him is, "Shake your hips... not your arms... I mean come on... learn to dance if you're gonna do it. You could turn on Carson Daily and learn to jump on people... but seriously. Shake your hips... not your fists...".

(He writes a lot about death, desperation, sharp objects, insects/vermin, broken glass, the fear of God, and so on.)

For VI purposes;

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MM9R0fANct0

(Cedric gets emotional when singing this song, because he wrote it about a friend who was in a coma for a few years, woke up, then killed himself by jumping off an overpass onto the interstate with heavy traffic.)

EDIT/// and I almost forgot... special version for Joy.

And purely for humor;

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...+bixler+zavala
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh, come on, just give me something, even if you think you don't know what you're talking about. Joy, I know you have an opinion on everything.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll throw one out there: IEI
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what, his writing style or something else?

(Examples of his writings...

..."Behind the snail secretion, Leaves a dry heave that absorbs, A limbless procreation, Let the infant crawl, deformed"...

..."Till one day his wasted breath, Swollen throat and karma debt, Set foot inside a parlor, to find her drunken by receipts, He held her by the ankles, Gutted at the nave; YES, gutted and depraved!"...

..."Mark these words, One day this chalk outline will circle this city; Was he robbed of the asphalt that cushioned his face?!"...

..."Panic in the shakes of the wounded, Panic in the worms, onto the floor, And out of your mouth, And out of your eyelids... No there's no light, in the darkest of your furthest reaches, no there's no light, no there's no time, you ain't got nothing, your life was just a lie"... )
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on what little I could get in the way of VI from the shitty pics on google and your video, and the fact that he's emo as hell Never said it was a good guess.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said isfp before.

Compare him to a writer like Paul McCartney (enfj). McCartney once said that HIS lyrics are about %90 fabricated, and %10 based on experience; Cedric's seems to be the exact opposite to me. He wrote two albums that were song cycles (which means that all the songs tied together to tell a story), and both were based off of real people; the first was the life and times of one of his friends, the second was based on a diary of a stranger one of the members found.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cedric goth? oh my god... Cedric's lyrics is everything else but goth. Maybe Dark but not gothic. I dont found romanticisim, just abstract-dark-someway emotional lyrics. Very abstract i say, even there's a lot of songs about metaphore that the only cedric understand.
    anyway, great musican, i can say much about their VI.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal
    cedric goth? oh my god... Cedric's lyrics is everything else but goth. Maybe Dark but not gothic. I dont found romanticisim, just abstract-dark-someway emotional lyrics. Very abstract i say, even there's a lot of songs about metaphore that the only cedric understand.
    anyway, great musican, i can say much about their VI.
    What would you call goth then?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps infp.

and why not istp

at any rate, IP it is

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, but i center my fundament on wikipedia. Goths are a subculture. Not a way of writing or type of person. Its a way of life. Goth people have identity, Cedric dont. its doent mean that he has to dress on black pants or something, but clearly, goth people tend to be more moody and romanticist.
    Anyway, its just my opinion. Not complain about your opinion, its just that type him like "goth", to me its a mistake. Its like metallica type them goth because their dark lyrics... (firsts albums of course).

=)

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by normal
    sorry, but i center my fundament on wikipedia. Goths are a subculture. Not a way of writing or type of person. Its a way of life. Goth people have identity, Cedric dont. its doent mean that he has to dress on black pants or something, but clearly, goth people tend to be more moody and romanticist.
    Anyway, its just my opinion. Not complain about your opinion, its just that type him like "goth", to me its a mistake. Its like metallica type them goth because their dark lyrics... (firsts albums of course).

=)
    goth's more than what wikie says (with all due respect to wikie), to some extend for some it is a way of living. However, i see nothing wrong in saying that certain lyrics sound especially goth (or a manifestation of goth-related features, if i may). cedric's goth allright.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ehh, I always thought "goth" was sort of a way of thinking... being able to talk about things (such as death and blood and pain) which are topics that are shrugged off by the "greater" society as being unpleasant to talk about. And I'm sure other have thought he was a bit goth, or, at least, wrote about gothic things...

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    perhaps infp.

and why not istp

at any rate, IP it is
    I don't know, why istp after suggesting infp? I think his music comes more from the emotional part of his personality.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyway, music goth (or at least, musicans goths) are typed like one. The mars volta, doesnt have anything like goth. Even at the drive-in, post-hardcore band before TMV are more less dark but still very abstract lyrics. I dont find any Cedric's goth... if that's the case, james hatfield is goth too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hetfield could be. I guess people have lots of different views on what "goth" is. But, it's just a word.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Ehh, I always thought "goth" was sort of a way of thinking... being able to talk about things (such as death and blood and pain) which are topics that are shrugged off by the "greater" society as being unpleasant to talk about. And I'm sure other have thought he was a bit goth, or, at least, wrote about gothic things...

perhaps infp.

and why not istp

at any rate, IP it is
    I don't know, why istp after suggesting infp? I think his music comes more from the emotional part of his personality.
    Why do you wanna type him?
    Do you like him (or rather his lyrics) or The Mars Volta in general?

Why istp? Well, i think he's most likely IP. And istp 's an option. Just like isfp (which you've considered), and infp (which i suggested initially). Come to think of it, he coudl also be intp :wink:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps infp.

and why not istp

at any rate, IP it is
    Umm, yeah, lol... besides, I like hearing other people type real-life people I know so I know how they view the different types.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps infp.

and why not istp

at any rate, IP it is
    Umm, yeah, lol... besides, I like hearing other people type real-life people I know so I know how they view the different types.
    i asked coz occasionally, when we want to type people, it's because we suspect they might be some type... perhaps we identify with them? what do others think? if you identify with cedric (or like him) at some point, it wouldn't be all that surprising if he were indeed an istp.

other than that, he gives off an IP vibe...me thinks. and shows S preferance over N...