Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questioning my type

Creepy-

Default Questioning my type.

I'm a registered user here, though I haven't been here very long and no one here really knows anything about me. I'm not going to log in with my registered name because I don't want anyone to see what I think my type is. I always seem to test as one type, but when I read the descriptions for that type I don't always feel that they describe me completely, and I do feel that in at least one set of descriptions I've read, another type may describe me better. So I thought I'd let you highly intelligent and resourceful people help me out here. Seriously, you guys amaze me with your knowledge.

First of all, I will say that perhaps if I took the time to understand the functions, things would make more sense. The problem being that it makes my brain want to explode to try and figure all that stuff out. It's not that I couldn't if I tried, it's just that I don't want to put the effort into figuring it all out, I just want to know, I don't want to take the time to figure it out. (Perhaps even this confession will help with figuring out my type.)

I like people, but sometimes they overwhelm me. I like to go out with friends and have fun, but I also like my alone time. I have a large group of friends I hang out with 2 or 3 times a week, but I'll usually just go off to the side and talk with a couple of people. If we're eating out I'm always quiet and never the center of attention. I may talk to the people around me, especially if they're a closer friend, but usually I'm observing others in the group rather than talking. From time to time I'll make a comment to something someone is saying. Sometimes it will just be to add some knowledge I already have, other times it's to make a funny one line comment.

If I'm talking with someone for an extended period of time and they start getting into emotional territory some times I really don't know what to do. I'll try to sympathize, but often I feel it's fake. I like to think I'm pretty good at acting so I don't always think they realize it's fake, but unfortuantely, more often than not I feel that I'm being fake. I especially do this when someone comes to me with the same problem time and again. The first time the sympathy may be somewhat real, but if they come back to me time and again I have a hard time with it. I guess basically what I do is listen to them, and I try to be what they need me to be, act how I think they need me to act. Though I don't necessarily "feel" anything with them. And it's not like I don't care about the person, because I care about people a lot, especially those I'm really close to...it's just that I have a hard time when people get really emotional on me, it can wear me out. Though I will say that I'm always there to listen to a friend if they need me. Always.

As for my own emotions...sometimes something will be bothering me, but I won't really know what it is. There's something there, but I can't put my finger on it. I have to kind of get away and think about what's going on until I know how I feel. Sometimes after I've done something like this, and taken the time to really analyze how I'm feeling, I'll get depressed for a few days. Then when I stop thinking about it, I'm fine again. I'm not good at talking about my emotions with other people. Usually they have to dig it out of me and even then I'll not tell them everything, maybe just bits and pieces. When I don't know someone well, they'll get nothing but surface level emotions until I get to know them and feel that I can trust them.

When I go places I can either be 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late, you never know. For work I'll set my alarm for 6:45, but hit snooze until about 7:30, when I have to be at work by 8:00. I'll rush around, take a shower, brush my teeth, get dressed, dry my hair if I have time, I never eat, then leave my house in a rush. I only live 10 min from where I work, but I'm usually a couple of minutes late every day because of my crazy morning routine. I don't normally have a set plan made out for my day, week, month, etc. I wait for something to come up and then I'll react to it. I have a wednesday movie night with a friend of mine and sometimes I feel constrained by it because I feel like I can't get out of it and I feel really bad when I do have to break the commitment.

Ok...enough for now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I thought I'd let you highly intelligent and resourceful people help me out here. Seriously, you guys amaze me with your knowledge.
    Well, sucking up in the first paragraph is always appreciated. :wink:

As for your descrition, I think you're an ISFP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isfp
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi and welcome. Definitly ISFP. I know that cause obviously Most of the stuff you say about your self, describes not only me but my feelings/thoughts too lol.
    ISFP, SEI

Creepy-rmcnew - not logged in

Ohhh, another ISFp ... I want to get to know you!

Post in my "ENTp wants to get know ISFps" thread over in the ALPHA section

oldforumlinkviewtopic-785.html

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

Default Re: Questioning my type.

bah, am I the only one thought this person is T?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    If I'm talking with someone for an extended period of time and they start getting into emotional territory some times I really don't know what to do.
    Weak , maybe in 4th or 6th.
    I especially do this when someone comes to me with the same problem time and again. The first time the sympathy may be somewhat real, but if they come back to me time and again I have a hard time with it. I guess basically what I do is listen to them, and I try to be what they need me to be, act how I think they need me to act. Though I don't necessarily "feel" anything with them.
    Can foresee coming troubles (), be aware of danger and easily cope with them (), notice rules or system () or watchful of surrounding and literal gut sense (), and wonder others can't do. Maybe 1st function.
    As for my own emotions...sometimes something will be bothering me, but I won't really know what it is. There's something there, but I can't put my finger on it. I have to kind of get away and think about what's going on until I know how I feel. Sometimes after I've done something like this, and taken the time to really analyze how I'm feeling, I'll get depressed for a few days. Then when I stop thinking about it, I'm fine again. I'm not good at talking about my emotions with other people. Usually they have to dig it out of me and even then I'll not tell them everything, maybe just bits and pieces. When I don't know someone well, they'll get nothing but surface level emotions until I get to know them and feel that I can trust them.
    Weak , maybe in 3rd or 5th.

So, I thought IXTx, perhaps N, but not negative for ISTx. Am I wide of the mark??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by an ixtp (probably istp)
    bah, am I the only one thought this person is T?
    If I'm talking with someone for an extended period of time and they start getting into emotional territory some times I really don't know what to do.
    Weak , maybe in 4th or 6th.
    I especially do this when someone comes to me with the same problem time and again. The first time the sympathy may be somewhat real, but if they come back to me time and again I have a hard time with it. I guess basically what I do is listen to them, and I try to be what they need me to be, act how I think they need me to act. Though I don't necessarily "feel" anything with them.
    Can foresee coming troubles (), be aware of danger and easily cope with them (), notice rules or system () or watchful of surrounding and literal gut sense (), and wonder others can't do. Maybe 1st function.
    Weak , maybe in 3rd or 5th.

So, I thought IXTx, perhaps N, but not negative for ISTx. Am I wide of the mark??
    No, no ixtp, he/she's not a T type! That's the way ISFPs act when people get emotional around them. They try to be sympathetic at first, but can't handle so much emotional baggage. If you smother or try to try to trap ISFPs, they'll run or hide in a shell!
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way the guest describe her feelings.Gave me the feeling the guest is ISFP.
    ISFP, SEI

Creepy-

Well, sucking up in the first paragraph is always appreciated.
    I thought that might help things a little.

So most everyone is thinking ISFP, eh? (I'm the original poster, by the way.) I'll write a little more to hopefully to help you analyze the F/T thinkg a little more.

No, no ixtp, he/she's not a T type! That's the way ISFPs act when people get emotional around them. They try to be sympathetic at first, but can't handle so much emotional baggage. If you smother or try to try to trap ISFPs, they'll run or hide in a shell!
    That's pretty much exactly how I am. (I'm a she.) I avoid people who I think will end up getting all emotional on me. For some reason needy people will attach themselves to me. Perhaps because I'll listen and not tell them to go away. Then they come back again and again and I have a hard time taking it, but I also don't want to hurt their feelings. Often I feel sneaky when I try to avoid them.

I hate it when I think I've hurt someone's feelings or feel like I let them down. I almost always apologize right away. Once I feel like they've accepted my apology, I let it go and don't think about it again.

I have a fear of responsibility and commitment. I often run from it. I try to find excuses to get out of things. Though if a commitment is put on me and there's no way out, I'll accept it and try to do my best, but I'll usually feel confined by it.

Though I read that ISFP's are often moody and artistic. I'm hardly ever moody. I would not at all call myself a moody person. The only time I really get moody is when I realize that my life or emotions are off balance somewhere and that really doesn't happen all that often. I'm almost always in a good mood. I'm not all that artistic either. I appreciate other people's abilities, but I'm not good at painting/drawing, writing, music, anything like that. I'm better at athletics.

I also have a definite logical/analytical streak and I like technical things like computers and electronic gadgets. I'm good at troubleshooting problems. It's weird how my mind works, it will go through all these logical processes of what can be wrong and in the end I will much of the time come out with the correct solution. If something doesn't work, I'll figure out how to make it work. I do that a lot with computers. If something doesn't work one way, I'll try all sorts of other ways to try to get it to work.

I'm also good at figuring people out. I'm a good judge of character. Often my first impression of someone is the right one. I observe people a lot and try to figure out what makes them tick. I find that I can see through people to their underlying motive a good amount of the time. I can often tell when someone is being a little bit fishy and is up to something.

So basically the F/T area is what I'm concerned about. I really can't tell which I am because I can see where it looks like I have areas of both. Though I do confess that I've been leaning toward the ISFP side. The thing is that I don't know if that's because the ISFP seems like a nicer, kinder, gentler, person than the ISTP and I want to be more like that, of if I really am an ISFP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't usually type people unless I have confidence in myself "I think I know what it is". The other members are better at this than me(I'm only just begining to type people, still learning). But I would still say ISFP. Just the way you wrote it gave me this thought. Maybe you should compare the way you are to JD and I who are also ISFP . Then see if your More of feeling or thinking type. I don't know if that would help or not though .

http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...r=asc&start=30 (that me, my description are in color)

http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=687 (JD)
    ISFP, SEI

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

First of all, I will say that perhaps if I took the time to understand the functions, things would make more sense. The problem being that it makes my brain want to explode to try and figure all that stuff out. It's not that I couldn't if I tried, it's just that I don't want to put the effort into figuring it all out, I just want to know, I don't want to take the time to figure it out. (Perhaps even this confession will help with figuring out my type.)

--> I don't mind figuring out stuff like functions, but with other things in life I share your attitude.

I like people, but sometimes they overwhelm me. I like to go out with friends and have fun, but I also like my alone time. I have a large group of friends I hang out with 2 or 3 times a week, but I'll usually just go off to the side and talk with a couple of people. If we're eating out I'm always quiet and never the center of attention. I may talk to the people around me, especially if they're a closer friend, but usually I'm observing others in the group rather than talking. From time to time I'll make a comment to something someone is saying. Sometimes it will just be to add some knowledge I already have, other times it's to make a funny one line comment.

--> Very true of me too.

If I'm talking with someone for an extended period of time and they start getting into emotional territory some times I really don't know what to do. I'll try to sympathize, but often I feel it's fake. I like to think I'm pretty good at acting so I don't always think they realize it's fake, but unfortuantely, more often than not I feel that I'm being fake. I especially do this when someone comes to me with the same problem time and again. The first time the sympathy may be somewhat real, but if they come back to me time and again I have a hard time with it. I guess basically what I do is listen to them, and I try to be what they need me to be, act how I think they need me to act. Though I don't necessarily "feel" anything with them. And it's not like I don't care about the person, because I care about people a lot, especially those I'm really close to...it's just that I have a hard time when people get really emotional on me, it can wear me out. Though I will say that I'm always there to listen to a friend if they need me. Always.

--> I definitely relate to the part about your concern about being fake. I seldom have people get overly emotional on me, which is good because it tends to me uncomfortable. I find that when someone spills out their problems, I *understand* what they are going through and how it must be difficult for them, but seldom do I *feel* their pain. I'm a thinking type though.

--> True of me too

When I go places I can either be 10 minutes early or 10 minutes late, you never know. For work I'll set my alarm for 6:45, but hit snooze until about 7:30, when I have to be at work by 8:00. I'll rush around, take a shower, brush my teeth, get dressed, dry my hair if I have time, I never eat, then leave my house in a rush. I only live 10 min from where I work, but I'm usually a couple of minutes late every day because of my crazy morning routine. I don't normally have a set plan made out for my day, week, month, etc. I wait for something to come up and then I'll react to it. I have a wednesday movie night with a friend of mine and sometimes I feel constrained by it because I feel like I can't get out of it and I feel really bad when I do have to break the commitment.

--> This I don't resonate with so much but I do identify with the last part. Once I make a committment to do something, I feel compelled to carry it through unless there's a very reason.

Interesting that the majority think you're ISFp. I'm an INTj and overall I identify with alot of what you say. I'm about 99% sure INTj is my type. So I'm wondering if the attitudes you're expressing is perhaps common throughout the alpha quadra or if activity partners share certain qualities. Or am I an atypical INTj?

Laura
    INTj

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's pretty much exactly how I am. (I'm a she.) I avoid people who I think will end up getting all emotional on me.

--> Same here

For some reason needy people will attach themselves to me. Perhaps because I'll listen and not tell them to go away. Then they come back again and again and I have a hard time taking it, but I also don't want to hurt their feelings. Often I feel sneaky when I try to avoid them.

--> I generally don't have needy people attaching themselves to me. Maybe I give off the appearance of being unapproachable or something

I hate it when I think I've hurt someone's feelings or feel like I let them down. I almost always apologize right away. Once I feel like they've accepted my apology, I let it go and don't think about it again.

--> Same here

I have a fear of responsibility and commitment. I often run from it. I try to find excuses to get out of things. Though if a commitment is put on me and there's no way out, I'll accept it and try to do my best, but I'll usually feel confined by it.

--> This is where we differ. I'm not afraid of responsibility and committment although I can get overwhelmed if I've taken on more than I can comfortably handle. I don't run from responsibilities. Once I say I'm going to do something, I do what I can to see it through. I don't normally try to get out of things, not unless there's a very good reason to.

Though I read that ISFP's are often moody and artistic. I'm hardly ever moody. I would not at all call myself a moody person. The only time I really get moody is when I realize that my life or emotions are off balance somewhere and that really doesn't happen all that often. I'm almost always in a good mood. I'm not all that artistic either. I appreciate other people's abilities, but I'm not good at painting/drawing, writing, music, anything like that. I'm better at athletics.

--> I'm not particularly moody or artistic either but I'm a T. I suck at athletics though.

I also have a definite logical/analytical streak and I like technical things like computers and electronic gadgets.

--> I feel like I'm pretty low-tech for a T. Sometimes I'm reluctant to learn a new program on a computer or a new gadget until something forces me to or if the situation I'm in will make it very inconvienient to use the older methods. I usually don't bother exploring the more advanced features on my computer or gadgets unless I really see a need for them.

I'm good at troubleshooting problems. It's weird how my mind works, it will go through all these logical processes of what can be wrong and in the end I will much of the time come out with the correct solution.

--> I'm poor at troubleshooting computer problems and problems with mechanical equipment. Usually I just lose my patience and call tech support or take it in to get it fixed. Yet I'm really good at troubleshooting things that are more abstract. For instance, I'm good at critiquing papers and I can easily find things like typos, grammatically incorrect statements, inconsistency in thought, places where the writing is logically disorganized, etc. I'm wondering if this might be a Ti vs Te thing.

If something doesn't work, I'll figure out how to make it work. I do that a lot with computers. If something doesn't work one way, I'll try all sorts of other ways to try to get it to work.

--> It depends. I get frustrated easily when things don't work. If I'm patient enough and want it to work badly enough, I will try to make it work or seek the necessary help. If it wasn't that important to me in the first place I might just let it go.

I will also try various other ways to make it work if the first way fails. Sometimes my solutions can be rather unconventional and may appear cumbersome and inefficient to others but they work for me. This will happen with computer problems. Sometimes much later on, I will find that there is a much easier way- like going to a menu or typing in a certain function that I never knew existed.

I'm also good at figuring people out. I'm a good judge of character. Often my first impression of someone is the right one. I observe people a lot and try to figure out what makes them tick. I find that I can see through people to their underlying motive a good amount of the time. I can often tell when someone is being a little bit fishy and is up to something.

--> I can usually tell when someone is not to be trusted but I'm poor at detecting underlying motives.

Laura
    INTj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laura, what makes you think you're INTJ? Have you ever considered ISTP?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    Laura, what makes you think you're INTJ? Have you ever considered ISTP?
    Why do you suggest ISTP? By the way, I just retook RmcNew's test and was my weakest function and I scored lowest on the ESTj/ISTp pair along with ESFp/ISFj

Laura
    INTj until proven otherwise

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you related a lot with what the ISFP Guest said (except for the T parts) and you said you were pretty sure you were INTJ. So I went back and read you're description to see if I thought you were INTJ as well. Some of the things you wrote just sounded odd for an INTJ. I'm not reading it right now, but there were things that seemed to indicated you were an ST type, not NT. One thing that I remember you talking about is that you can see To Be Healthy as your hidden agenda. This is odd for an INTJ, most people can't notice their hidden agenda. Health is actually a big thing for people who have a strong Si function. Maybe you don't use you sensing that much, but it sounds like it could be your dominant function, IMO.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Well, maybe this is a typical F/T gender problem...

That's the way ISFPs act when people get emotional around them. They try to be sympathetic at first, but can't handle so much emotional baggage. If you smother or try to try to trap ISFPs, they'll run or hide in a shell!
    I once consider it, but this much sounds like T to me.
    I especially do this when someone comes to me with the same problem time and again. The first time the sympathy may be somewhat real, but if they come back to me time and again I have a hard time with it.
    I think this is the last things F prefer person speak out without joking, or it will be different in its tone; it'll have a strong vibe of irritation, and almost infecting.

And Ts tend to complain there's something bad with their F function, but Fs generally say their friend Ts aren't open up emotionally. It's just my observation, and of course, most Fs complained were girls chasing T boys, so it may have some inclination. But I think it's good with T at least.

Quote Originally Posted by original poster
    For some reason needy people will attach themselves to me. Perhaps because I'll listen and not tell them to go away. Then they come back again and again and I have a hard time taking it, but I also don't want to hurt their feelings. Often I feel sneaky when I try to avoid them.
    Me too. It seems, sometimes to some people, I look like an avatar of good will. I don't intend it and most of them are whom I know few, so I feel perplexed to guess what they hope to me, and often know it only when they say I betrayed them.
    I don't want to appear evil, but also never hope such a exaggerated situation or relation. It will disappoint both me and them, and it is terrible to be hated without notice it.

I hate it when I think I've hurt someone's feelings or feel like I let them down.
    It can be without strong F, since most people don't like to hurt. Just some people are immature at handling, forgetful or merciless to their enemy but the threshold to judge is too low. You can be quite T with consideration to others emotion.
    I have a fear of responsibility and commitment.
    Yeah, most people don't like a duty too, but there're slightly more people who love to take responsibility or commit everything than whom love to hurt.

Of course, having F as prefering function doesn't mean illogic.

I'm also good at figuring people out.
    Me too! At least hope so...

The thing is that I don't know if that's because the ISFP seems like a nicer, kinder, gentler, person than the ISTP and I want to be more like that
    I's quite possible, but also people can lean to ISTp attracted to be logical and independent. But, in my point of view, there's stll no strong evidence you're not T.

And I remember warrior-librarian asked her type on VI. This topic.
    oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?p=6910#6910

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by an ixtp (probably istp)
    And I remember warrior-librarian asked her type on VI. This topic.
    oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?p=6910#6910
    Yeah, I remember that ... I origionally thought she looked ESTp, but everyone else jumped in and said INFj, and then she said she was INTj ...

However, I did some comparisons of her later to other confirmed INTj females, and she pretty much shows the same typical textbook traits that many other INTj females show ... so, I will not say that she does not look INTj by her photograph ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most recent comparison I made on her ...

bottom of this topic:
    oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=844&start=30

Creepy-

Well, you related a lot with what the ISFP Guest said (except for the T parts) and you said you were pretty sure you were INTJ. So I went back and read you're description to see if I thought you were INTJ as well. Some of the things you wrote just sounded odd for an INTJ. I'm not reading it right now, but there were things that seemed to indicated you were an ST type, not NT. One thing that I remember you talking about is that you can see To Be Healthy as your hidden agenda. This is odd for an INTJ, most people can't notice their hidden agenda. Health is actually a big thing for people who have a strong Si function. Maybe you don't use you sensing that much, but it sounds like it could be your dominant function, IMO.
    Then why do I come up with low Si on the socionics test? I don't think ISTp is likely but if I was one, I'd probably be the logical subtype.

Anyway, I've pasted the ISTp description and analyzed how different parts fit and don't fit me.

Well done is better than well said. – Benjamin Franklin.

--> A motto I live by

Jean Gabin - the French movie actor.

1. An iceberg in the ocean. He is obstinate, reclusive, almost always equally cold and enigmatic.

--> May fit in some instances but not generally *that* descriptive of me. Except for maybe the reclusive part

His movements are quiet, precise, and very economical: other people often get an impression that his results disproportionately exceed the efforts invested.

--> Not me. I don't aim to have precise movements. Sometimes I move in a way others would consider inefficient. For instance, I'll lift up a heavy or large box and someone will suggest an easier way to do it. This has happened to me quite a bit.

He is characterized by non-ostentatious quiet persistence and reliable accomplishment of everything he commenced, internal responsibility for deeds and modesty.

--> Very true of me

Like a typical Briton, he is not ostentatious in his attitude towards work, as well as not demonstrative in revealing his feelings at all.

--> Yes

At first he may seem to do everything coolly, carelessly. But gradually it becomes clear that his unhurriedness reflects his general tempo of life: a combination of relaxation and perfection.

--> Generally true. I wouldn't say people perceive me as doing things carelessly though

2. Talented laziness. Unlike The Searcher, he will scarcely spend his energy for futile work. He is a born inventor, but he does not hurry with the implementation of his ideas, until conditions for maximum effect will ripen.

--> I haven't really thought about this much but I suppose it sort of fits.

He is proud of his capability of not doing unnecessary things; adores comfort and conveniences.

--> The problem is, I want to be efficient and usually try to be but sometimes I'll make the error of plunging in without doing the necessary preliminary work because I didn't think it was necessary or never knew I needed to do it in the first place. Then I'll have to go back and do what I should have done in the first place which wastes time.

I love convenience and comfort so that fits.

When performing common tasks together with somebody else, everything very easily and without pressure from his side goes the way he likes.

--> Ideally this would be the case. Realistically it doesn't always work this way.

All space accessible to him is organized ideally for work and rest.

--> Yes, I am very neat with my personal space and things. I like things to be in order. Don't want to waste time trying to find things. But I didn't use to be this organized. I was quite messy as a child and always losing things. I think my drive to be organized came from the fact that my father is a slob to the point of disgust and I was determined not to be that way.

He is an aesthete who completely trusts his taste.

--> I trust my taste but yet I have some insecurity that others may not think I have good taste.

He dresses very neatly, with taste, but as a rule not challenging convention.

--> I'm not the neatest dresser, in fact people have said I dress sloppily. I am better about this, but its not a natural thing for me. I used to not care if my shirts were tucked in or ironed.

I'm not sure if I'm a tasteful dresser either. I don't think I'm distasteful but I've probably made some fashion blunders that I'm not even aware of. My dress style is pretty conventional. I don't want to stand out too much.

His skin is sensible: "a princess on a pea" must have been said about a woman of this type.

--> I don't understand what this means

3. Reserved richness of emotions. It is his aptitude for hiding emotions under the mask of inapproachability and coldness that makes them finely ‘polished’ and expressive

--> Yes, I have a rich inner life and an inner vibrancy and intensity that many do not know about and that I only share when I'm really comfortable with someone.

(there are many actors among representatives of this type, e.g. Vladimir Vyssotsky, Adriano Celentano). He is calm under any circumstances, but calm in a different manner. He remains cold and unapproachable when he loves, and does not hurry to trust feelings of his somewhat frivolous dual (The Psychologist). He is very jealous and mistrustful: he is horrified that his emotions will be ridiculed.

--> I'm not a very jealous and mistrustful person. However I do not like it one bit when my emotions are ridiculed.

In dangerous situations he stubbornly fears nothing, approaches the source of danger very calmly.

--> I can't say that I fear nothing, but I can say that I would be calm even in the face of fear.

This is his best move – to go directly towards the opponent, and the stronger one shall prevail. This is also the main pose of the actor Jean Gabin - impertinence, non-compliance, internal correctness and courage. The more lonely he is, the more unapproachable.

--> Not sure how well this fits

4. Goals and methods. Sometimes he may be mistaken for a lazybones and a chatterbox, especially when being without his dual for long: he speaks a lot but does nothing, as if waiting for something.

--> Not applicable to me

In such a situation he is really waiting: for a scream for help. He will not work without a goal, and is not capable of inventing goals himself.

--> I find it difficult, but not impossible to work without a goal. I can invent goals but would prefer not to. I think I work best when the goal is clearly set for me, yet I'm free to go about achieving that goal in my own way.

Only The Psychologist, the ardent enthusiast, has a key, which starts up the precise and flawless mechanism of The Craftsman. As a reward The Craftsman considers the joy he has brought by his labor. He judges about sincerity of others by voice inflection, which automatically mobilizes him. Both desire and joy are often best expressed by his dual – The Psychologist – who is in addition a great specialist of finding talents and admiring them sincerely. And The Craftsman has to be a favorite, for he does not tolerate equal rewarding regardless of contribution. Only sincere feelings expressed by the eyes and intonations can win him over.

Your dual (psychologically complementary type): Tom Sawyer, The Psychologist (intuitive-ethical extrovert).

--> I don't much about the ENFp type, I'll have to read up more on it to see how well it fits.

Overall, I still think I'm INTj but I'm open to reconsideration

Laura
    INTj

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Oops, that previous post was mine. Thought I was logged in.

Laura
    Probably INTj, but open to reconsideration

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then why do I come up with low Si on the socionics test? I don't think ISTp is likely but if I was one, I'd probably be the logical subtype.
    That part doesn't make much sense to me... except maybe if you ignore your Si and take it for granted? But I'm just going to get into both of your descriptions and show some things that point more towards ISTP.

I can be very perfectionistic and hard on myself.
    Do you know you said that Delta doesn't describe you well, yet being a perfectionist is often associated with Delta? I know an INTJ can be a perfectionist too, but being hard on yourself is ISTP/ESTJ.

Unless somebody else takes care of him, he can easily drive himself to starvation.

--> Not really. There are times where I have put off eating because what I was doing was so interesting I didn't want to stop. But eventually the gnawing hunger pangs get the best of me and I have to eat something. I can't imagine this ever getting to the point of starvation.
    You know, you might be the first INxJ I've heard say this. Most INxJ's won't even realize that they are hungry, and sometimes won't even care enough to do anything about it.

He toughens himself, training for the cold, starvation, losses and disapproval of others.

--> I don't see a need to train myself for cold or starvation- I pretty much take for granted that there will be enough food and shelter. Sometimes, though I do anticipate possible losses or disapproval. I make sure to have enough money saved should some emergency happen for instance.
    This is the same thing as above. It sounds like you trust a dominant Si to adjust if you ever need it. There's a reason Pedro was surprised when you said this.

He does not tolerate orders.

--> Generally true. Alot of it though depends on the wording. Someone talking in a commanding tone of voice and/or someone who doesn't explain the importance of doing something does not sit well with me. However, I don't mind being told what to do if:
    1. The person uses a friendly, noncommanding tone of voice.
    2. I clearly understand why its important.
    ISTPs are the same in this regard.

I don't do well setting long term goals for myself or long range planning. That kind of stuff exhausts me. I think I'm better when someone else devises the plan or structure for me, and I follow it or modify it as needed.
    Wow, can the lack of Ni be any more clear here?

I do care alot about justice but I don't think I actually put a whole lot of energy into defending it. I will complain about it possibly, but I'm probably not likely to take it any further than that, including self-sacrifice.
    Sounds more like a Ne dual-seeking, NOT a strong Ne.

He is very concerned about living healthy.

--> Yes. One of the reasons I identify with the INTj type is due to the hidden agenda to be healthy. Although INFj would also share this and its possible I'm really that type.
    MOST OF THE TIME PEOPLE CAN'T RELATE WITH THEIR HIDDEN AGENDA! Even for people who are sure of their type and know how their hidden agenda works aren't %100 certain about it. It's subconcious. What you seem to be talking about here is a strong Si function. People with Si in their ego block are often times concerned with their health, not people with a Si hidden agenda.

He finds himself in an especially hard situation when having to obey a boss whom he does not respect.

--> Yes, very true. Fortunately this situation has been rare.
    ISTPs hate bosses as well.

I am hard to get to know. There's a lot that I don't readily share about myself. I think part of it is that I know my thinking is different than most of the mainstream so I wonder if they would really understand.
    Go over to Delta and see how ISTPs are the hardest type to get to know.

--> Well I've driven way over the speed limit a few times and have received speeding tickets. Does that count?
    Si... hehe.

He is characterized by non-ostentatious quiet persistence and reliable accomplishment of everything he commenced, internal responsibility for deeds and modesty.

--> Very true of me

Like a typical Briton, he is not ostentatious in his attitude towards work, as well as not demonstrative in revealing his feelings at all.

--> Yes
    Fe PoLR.

Talented laziness. Unlike The Searcher, he will scarcely spend his energy for futile work. He is a born inventor, but he does not hurry with the implementation of his ideas, until conditions for maximum effect will ripen.

Think about this more, does it? One of the diffrences between INTJ and ISTP is that ISTPs have a Te and INTJs have a Ti. ISTPs generally doi things that only seem important, where as sometimes INTJs can seem lost.

He is proud of his capability of not doing unnecessary things; adores comfort and conveniences.

--> The problem is, I want to be efficient and usually try to be but sometimes I'll make the error of plunging in without doing the necessary preliminary work because I didn't think it was necessary or never knew I needed to do it in the first place. Then I'll have to go back and do what I should have done in the first place which wastes time.
    *Another big red flag for a poor Ni*. ISTPs can often go ahead without the perliminary work (lacok of Ni) but their thinking is always the efficincies of not doing unnececary things (Te).

I'm not sure if I'm a tasteful dresser either. I don't think I'm distasteful but I've probably made some fashion blunders that I'm not even aware of. My dress style is pretty conventional. I don't want to stand out too much.
    You should really head over to Delta.

His skin is sensible: "a princess on a pea" must have been said about a woman of this type.

It means your touch sensitive, as if someone were to touch you you would be very aware of it. Sometimes an INTJ can light his hand on fire and not even realize it (I'm not even making that up).

Reserved richness of emotions. It is his aptitude for hiding emotions under the mask of inapproachability and coldness that makes them finely ‘polished’ and expressive

--> Yes, I have a rich inner life and an inner vibrancy and intensity that many do not know about and that I only share when I'm really comfortable with someone.
    Fe PoLR.

In such a situation he is really waiting: for a scream for help. He will not work without a goal, and is not capable of inventing goals himself.

--> I find it difficult, but not impossible to work without a goal. I can invent goals but would prefer not to. I think I work best when the goal is clearly set for me, yet I'm free to go about achieving that goal in my own way.
    Do you know about Hugo? He's an INTJ.

You also mentioned something about computers which sounded more ST than NT, but I can't find it now.

... I'm done for now.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok...it's me, the original Guest poster again. Though now I'm going to use a registered name so I can edit/remove the pictures.

I read everything you guys have written and I'm still really unsure about the F/T thing. I just have no idea which I am. Both seem like they could work. I appreciate all you guys are doing to help me figure this out. I have a VI if that would help. Of course I'm making a little bit of a funny face in the first picture. Not too funny though. I'll add a second picture, but it's not all that great because it's just a profile.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elizabeth, I don't think you are an ISTP. Thinkers have a diffrent way of writing, especially when describing themselves. Feelers talk more personally and only hint at their strengths and weakness. A thinker would be more organized, detached and lay out things about them in a logical manner. And Taz (and ISFP) said she can relate to you. The way you describe your feeling parts around people is very typical of ISFPs. And in case you're wondering having a "logical/analytical streak" is common for ISFPs. You even look more like an ISFP.

A lot of the time you can't see yourself as well as others can, but I hope you can trust me on this when I say you're an ISFP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of the time you can't see yourself as well as others can, but I hope you can trust me on this when I say you're an ISFP.
    Ok...I'll trust you. ISFP it is then. I read what some of the ISFP's have been saying about themselves and I can relate to them as well. Cool, cool. Thanks everyone for your help!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elizabeth, you look ISFp, even like an ISFp girl I have known personally ....

Creepy-

Quote:

That part doesn't make much sense to me... except maybe if you ignore your Si and take it for granted? But I'm just going to get into both of your descriptions and show some things that point more towards ISTP.

-->Its possible

Quote:
    I can be very perfectionistic and hard on myself.

Do you know you said that Delta doesn't describe you well, yet being a perfectionist is often associated with Delta? I know an INTJ can be a perfectionist too, but being hard on yourself is ISTP/ESTJ.

--> Overall I tend to identify with alpha more than delta but identify with delta more than gamma or beta. I identify with beta the least. So based on that maybe I'm delta because beta is its opposite.

Quote:
    Unless somebody else takes care of him, he can easily drive himself to starvation.

--> Not really. There are times where I have put off eating because what I was doing was so interesting I didn't want to stop. But eventually the gnawing hunger pangs get the best of me and I have to eat something. I can't imagine this ever getting to the point of starvation.

You know, you might be the first INxJ I've heard say this. Most INxJ's won't even realize that they are hungry, and sometimes won't even care enough to do anything about it.

--> I always know when I'm hungry. I get sharp hunger pangs if I go many hours without eating. Same with thirst, tiredness, needing to go to the bathroom, etc.

Quote:
    He toughens himself, training for the cold, starvation, losses and disapproval of others.

--> I don't see a need to train myself for cold or starvation- I pretty much take for granted that there will be enough food and shelter. Sometimes, though I do anticipate possible losses or disapproval. I make sure to have enough money saved should some emergency happen for instance.

This is the same thing as above. It sounds like you trust a dominant Si to adjust if you ever need it. There's a reason Pedro was surprised when you said this.

--> Pedro seemed pretty confident I was an INTj. I haven't seen him post in a while. Where is he?

Quote:
    He does not tolerate orders.

--> Generally true. Alot of it though depends on the wording. Someone talking in a commanding tone of voice and/or someone who doesn't explain the importance of doing something does not sit well with me. However, I don't mind being told what to do if:
    1. The person uses a friendly, noncommanding tone of voice.
    2. I clearly understand why its important.

ISTPs are the same in this regard.

--> Ok

Quote:
    I don't do well setting long term goals for myself or long range planning. That kind of stuff exhausts me. I think I'm better when someone else devises the plan or structure for me, and I follow it or modify it as needed.

Wow, can the lack of Ni be any more clear here?

--> Then why do I score fairly high on Ni in RmcNew's test? Are the Ni questions not very good, or am I misinterpreting them?

I'm very future oriented in the sense that I think alot about it and what might happen and what ever happens I want to be prepared for it. Maybe this is why I think I have high Ni. Oftentimes I will choose not to enjoy myself in the present if I know its going to have consequences in the long term. This is why I don't smoke or drink alcohol or do drugs.

I think about the future and I can see what the consequences and dangers might be, but I don't like to make detailed plans. There are some things I believe that must be planned for, like investing money towards retirement so you're not broke by the age of 70 but in general I wish I didn't have to plan so far ahead.

Quote:
    I do care alot about justice but I don't think I actually put a whole lot of energy into defending it. I will complain about it possibly, but I'm probably not likely to take it any further than that, including self-sacrifice.

--> Why does this have anything to do with Ne?

Quote:
    He is very concerned about living healthy.

--> Yes. One of the reasons I identify with the INTj type is due to the hidden agenda to be healthy. Although INFj would also share this and its possible I'm really that type.

MOST OF THE TIME PEOPLE CAN'T RELATE WITH THEIR HIDDEN AGENDA! Even for people who are sure of their type and know how their hidden agenda works aren't %100 certain about it. It's subconcious. What you seem to be talking about here is a strong Si function. People with Si in their ego block are often times concerned with their health, not people with a Si hidden agenda.

--> If I'm ISTp then, would be my hidden agenda, to be loved. Could you explain about this hidden agenda more in depth. What is it like? I do worry alot about what people think of me, but I don't think its the same thing. Or is it?

Quote:
    He finds himself in an especially hard situation when having to obey a boss whom he does not respect.

--> Yes, very true. Fortunately this situation has been rare.

ISTPs hate bosses as well.

Quote:
    I am hard to get to know. There's a lot that I don't readily share about myself. I think part of it is that I know my thinking is different than most of the mainstream so I wonder if they would really understand.

Go over to Delta and see how ISTPs are the hardest type to get to know.

--> Will do

Quote:
    --> Well I've driven way over the speed limit a few times and have received speeding tickets. Does that count?

Si... hehe.

--> Why is it Si?

Quote:

--> Very true of me

--> Yes

Fe PoLR.

Quote:
    Talented laziness. Unlike The Searcher, he will scarcely spend his energy for futile work. He is a born inventor, but he does not hurry with the implementation of his ideas, until conditions for maximum effect will ripen.

Think about this more, does it? One of the diffrences between INTJ and ISTP is that ISTPs have a Te and INTJs have a Ti. ISTPs generally doi things that only seem important, where as sometimes INTJs can seem lost.

--> But there are times when I think everything is equally important and I don't know what to do first. When I compare the Ti and Te descriptions, I identify with Ti more but I think I can do both pretty well.

Quote:

*Another big red flag for a poor Ni*. ISTPs can often go ahead without the perliminary work (lacok of Ni) but their thinking is always the efficincies of not doing unnececary things (Te).

Quote:

You should really head over to Delta.

--> Yes, I'll do that.

Quote:

It means your touch sensitive, as if someone were to touch you you would be very aware of it.

--> Yes. this is true. I always notice when people touch me. Usually I don't like it, except with loved ones and close friends and even then it can feel intrusive unless I'm expecting it. Some people like to touch me casually as a way of being friendly but for me, it feels like an invasion of my personal space. I am also sensitive to pain.

Sometimes an INTJ can light his hand on fire and not even realize it (I'm not even making that up).

--> That would never, ever happen to me.

Quote:
    Reserved richness of emotions. It is his aptitude for hiding emotions under the mask of inapproachability and coldness that makes them finely ‘polished’ and expressive

Fe PoLR.

--> Could you explain a little more about the Fe PoLR please? Like what insults would really throw this type off kilter?

Quote:

Do you know about Hugo? He's an INTJ.

--> Yes, but not that well. He's the one that makes those quick little tests for type, right? Everytime I take one of those quick tests, it pegs me as INTj. Maybe its a self fulfilling prophecy, I think I'm INTj, I know what the INTj response is, so I answer according to that.

You also mentioned something about computers which sounded more ST than NT, but I can't find it now.

--> I pasted it here:

I feel like I'm pretty low-tech for a T. Sometimes I'm reluctant to learn a new program on a computer or a new gadget until something forces me to or if the situation I'm in will make it very inconvienient to use the older methods. I usually don't bother exploring the more advanced features on my computer or gadgets unless I really see a need for them.

I'm poor at troubleshooting computer problems and problems with mechanical equipment. Usually I just lose my patience and call tech support or take it in to get it fixed. Yet I'm really good at troubleshooting things that are more abstract. For instance, I'm good at critiquing papers and I can easily find things like typos, grammatically incorrect statements, inconsistency in thought, places where the writing is logically disorganized, etc. I'm wondering if this might be a Ti vs Te thing.

I get frustrated easily when things don't work. If I'm patient enough and want it to work badly enough, I will try to make it work or seek the necessary help. If it wasn't that important to me in the first place I might just let it go.

I will also try various other ways to make it work if the first way fails. Sometimes my solutions can be rather unconventional and may appear cumbersome and inefficient to others but they work for me. This will happen with computer problems. Sometimes much later on, I will find that there is a much easier way- like going to a menu or typing in a certain function that I never knew existed.

So, how ISTp do I sound? Also, I'm curious how ISTp I look by VI. Please look at my photos in the VI game thread in the Anything Goes forum.

I always thought I was in INTj, now I'm no longer sure. Does anyone else have any thoughts about my type?

Laura
    IxTx

Creepy-

That previous post was mine.

Laura
    INTj? ISTp? IxTx?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Those previous two posts are me. I really thought I was logged in.

Laura
    IxTx

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the third time I'm attempting to write this (don't ask) but I think that you're at least an IxTx type. You just don't seem like an INTJ, and after reading your last post it made me even more sure that you're an ISTP.

I always know when I'm hungry. I get sharp hunger pangs if I go many hours without eating. Same with thirst, tiredness, needing to go to the bathroom, etc.
    This may sound odd, but INxJ types usually can't tell these things. Koneko (INFJ) has said before thathe can't tell if he's tired, thirsty, cold, hungry, ect., just that he knows he feels like shit all the time.

Pedro seemed pretty confident I was an INTj. I haven't seen him post in a while. Where is he?
    I have no idea.

I'm very future oriented in the sense that I think alot about it and what might happen and what ever happens I want to be prepared for it. Maybe this is why I think I have high Ni. Oftentimes I will choose not to enjoy myself in the present if I know its going to have consequences in the long term. This is why I don't smoke or drink alcohol or do drugs.

I think about the future and I can see what the consequences and dangers might be, but I don't like to make detailed plans. There are some things I believe that must be planned for, like investing money towards retirement so you're not broke by the age of 70 but in general I wish I didn't have to plan so far ahead.
    This sounds more like having Ni as a role function. You can't really forsee what will happen all that well so you are a little cautious of the future. Ni types are better at planning these things.

--> Why does this have anything to do with Ne?
    When I'm thinking of "justice" or being fair I think about Ne. It's about not stereotyping or putting people in boxes. Ne is about seeing the true potential in people.

If I'm ISTp then, would be my hidden agenda, to be loved. Could you explain about this hidden agenda more in depth. What is it like? I do worry alot about what people think of me, but I don't think its the same thing. Or is it?
    Actually, it'd be To Love. I tried to explain it a little when McNew was doubting his type. Here's what I wrote, keep in mind that INTPs and ISTPs have the same hidden agenda.

If you have ever felt that people don't appreciate or understand you you might be an INTP. If you have ever felt that people should be more empathetic towards you you might be an INTP. If you have ever done, or not done something that could have done easily, that made you feel like you didn't appeciate someone and felt like an ass about it afterwards you might be an INTP. If you have ever not said something about youself to someone because you thought that person might be able to hurt you in some way you might be an INTP. If you have ever been annoyed by show-boaters drawing all the attention to themselves you might be an INTP.

Well I've driven way over the speed limit a few times and have received speeding tickets. Does that count?

Si... hehe.

--> Why is it Si?
    Okay, maybe not specifically Si, but the SP types seem to speed more often. I find that INxJ drivers are very careful slow drivers.

It means your touch sensitive, as if someone were to touch you you would be very aware of it.

--> Yes. this is true. I always notice when people touch me. Usually I don't like it, except with loved ones and close friends and even then it can feel intrusive unless I'm expecting it. Some people like to touch me casually as a way of being friendly but for me, it feels like an invasion of my personal space. I am also sensitive to pain.

Sometimes an INTJ can light his hand on fire and not even realize it (I'm not even making that up).

--> That would never, ever happen to me.
    This sounds like another oddity, but it's true. Ever since I was little my Dad liked to have fun with that knowing that I'm sensitive to people touching me.

Could you explain a little more about the Fe PoLR please? Like what insults would really throw this type off kilter?
    Well, ISTPs can be very touchy and sensitive. Anything that makes an ISTP feel not wanted would hurt pretty bad. An ISTP might also be touchy about jokes that seem to depricate them.

As for the computer part,

I feel like I'm pretty low-tech for a T. Sometimes I'm reluctant to learn a new program on a computer or a new gadget until something forces me to or if the situation I'm in will make it very inconvienient to use the older methods. I usually don't bother exploring the more advanced features on my computer or gadgets unless I really see a need for them.

I'm poor at troubleshooting computer problems and problems with mechanical equipment. Usually I just lose my patience and call tech support or take it in to get it fixed. Yet I'm really good at troubleshooting things that are more abstract. For instance, I'm good at critiquing papers and I can easily find things like typos, grammatically incorrect statements, inconsistency in thought, places where the writing is logically disorganized, etc. I'm wondering if this might be a Ti vs Te thing.

I get frustrated easily when things don't work. If I'm patient enough and want it to work badly enough, I will try to make it work or seek the necessary help. If it wasn't that important to me in the first place I might just let it go.

You claim you are low tech for a T type but really you are low tech for an NT. STs do the same things. The bold stuff in the first paragraph is talking about not using your Ne; odd for an INTJ, no?

Losing your patience is poor Ni (again).

Fixing typos and grammar and things like that are actually Te. I notice I do it all the time.

I'd be curious to find out what would happen if you used your sensing more.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If I'm ISTp then, would be my hidden agenda, to be loved. Could you explain about this hidden agenda more in depth. What is it like? I do worry alot about what people think of me, but I don't think its the same thing. Or is it?
    Actually, it'd be To Love. I tried to explain it a little when McNew was doubting his type. Here's what I wrote, keep in mind that INTPs and ISTPs have the same hidden agenda.

If you have ever felt that people don't appreciate or understand you you might be an INTP. If you have ever felt that people should be more empathetic towards you you might be an INTP. If you have ever done, or not done something that could have done easily, that made you feel like you didn't appeciate someone and felt like an ass about it afterwards you might be an INTP. If you have ever not said something about youself to someone because you thought that person might be able to hurt you in some way you might be an INTP. If you have ever been annoyed by show-boaters drawing all the attention to themselves you might be an INTP.

--> This applies to me somewhat.

Well, ISTPs can be very touchy and sensitive. Anything that makes an ISTP feel not wanted would hurt pretty bad. An ISTP might also be touchy about jokes that seem to depricate them.

--> These things I would find hurtful. Could you give some examples of such jokes?

Laura
    IxTx, probably more ISTp, hee hee

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--> These things I would find hurtful. Could you give some examples of such jokes?
    Hmm, it's hard for me to think of examples. Hazing would be another form of this. Maybe if someone joked about you being bad at something or thought you do something socially weird when relating to people. An IxTP would usually fell pain on the inside but don't show how much it hurts.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hmm, it's hard for me to think of examples. Hazing would be another form of this. Maybe if someone joked about you being bad at something or thought you do something socially weird when relating to people. An IxTP would usually fell pain on the inside but don't show how much it hurts.
    --> Yeah, that would probably hurt me but I'm not sure as much as an Se insult would, the INTj PoLR

Default hidden agenda stuffs

Most people might find hidden agenda stuffs only (at least in English) from socionics.com and you can see it.
    The "uncovered" profiles are supposed gushing out of hidden agenda.
    http://www.socionics.com/prof/uncovered.html
    ISTps can often hurt the ones they love. Why would you want to do this? The one way to understand your feelings towards the loved ones is by hurting them and watching them suffer, only then you can be sure of how much you love them.
    Comparing to ESTp (to be loved):
    • To confirm to love, hurt others and see they suffer to feel how I love him/her
    • To confirm to be loved, show hurting by others and see how he/she excuse to feel being loved by him/her

Though there's still no INTj uncovered article, Sergei Ganin refered to INTj hidden agenda.
    http://www.socionics.com/advan/intjorintp.htm
    For INTjs their introverted sensing () is their nightmare. Introverted sensing is mainly about the body, its functions, sensory perceptions etc. The only way they can balance that cone is for them to be physically healthy and if this is not that important to you, you are most probably not INTj.
    And there is one question answered by admin.
    http://www.socionics.com/advan/qa.htm?1103067777
    Because of the nature of the hidden agenda, people either try to hide it or openly stick it into other people's faces. Both ways are the defensive mechanisms aimed to protect the weakest spot. The first one reads like this: "If I don't show others my Achilles' heel and try to divert any attention from it, others won't know where to hurt me". The second one reads like this: "Instead of hiding, I am going to attract attention to it, so it will lead others to believe that it's my strength". And since the hidden agenda plays important role as the "psychological circuit breaker", the second choice of defence can be quite dangerous, because overriding the safety feature can overload the whole system. For INTjs such limitation is their concern with an internal body functioning. One of the main body functions is food digestion. It starts when food enters the mouth and finishes when the food leaves the body. As a result an INTj may experience great discomfort trying to eat when no one else around them is eating, as in their minds, this may attract unnecessary attention to their body functioning. Exceptions are close friends and family.
    Maybe people who are not sure about their type should ask there...

But this doesn't mention about the unhealthy form such like "uncovered" pages. So I try transforming this like the above comparing though it may be irrelevant:
    To confirm to being healthy, do something bad for digestion and see how I it work well to feel nothing is ill
    Compare with ISTp's. How do these tick something about you?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To confirm to love, hurt others and see they suffer to feel how I love him/her
    *shrugs* That sounds like me in an unflatering way.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It doesn't sound like me at all.

Laura
    IxTx, probably INTj or ISTp

They're just "instead of hiding" manners, and according to QA, it's an unhealty approach to protection. So now try healtier "hiding" ones.

oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?p=5959#5959
    This sounds much more frequent at healthy ones. Waddles' boss is that:
    She might admit only speciously weather she blames on him leaving her or still hopes him to come back, but she'll reject these ideas, and will try to avoid the situation others suspect her true motive.

And, for comparison, the ESTp uncovered woman is that (though she seems unhealty):
    She might admit only speciously weather she afraids he hates her or teased him to make him say he loves/hates her, but she'll reject these ideas, and will try to avoid the situation others suspect her true motive.

This will go for INTjs (from my irrelevant version):
    She/He might admit only speciously weather she/he afraids being ill or is doing something bad for health or crazy for some health tips (some of them may be groundless or too much), but she/he'll reject these ideas, and will try to avoid the situation others suspect her/his true motive.

Creepy-

Can you elaborate on this. Like, how would you hurt someone? What do you look for to see if they are hurt? What if they didn't seem to be hurt but just went about their business?
    I ask because my istp friend can be very nice and then suddenly be very cold and distant (which really hurts). I most often pretend like I dont care and just go hang out with other people. Then he comes around and starts acting friendly and warm again. Its crazy. I never know if I can count on him. He's too moody. Is that common behavior for istps?
    We went through a period where we hung out alot and I confided in him. Now he's more stand-offish and I dont know how to correct matters.

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

will I ever learn

Topaz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you elaborate on this. Like, how would you hurt someone? What do you look for to see if they are hurt? What if they didn't seem to be hurt but just went about their business?
    I ask because my istp friend can be very nice and then suddenly be very cold and distant (which really hurts). I most often pretend like I dont care and just go hang out with other people. Then he comes around and starts acting friendly and warm again. Its crazy. I never know if I can count on him. He's too moody. Is that common behavior for istps?
    We went through a period where we hung out alot and I confided in him. Now he's more stand-offish and I dont know how to correct matters.

Topaz
    This might be a bit of a complicated question, but...

Let me first start off by saying that I usually like people more than they think I like them. I guess I can act in ways that don't show much interest in a person, but then I might actually say something like... *gasp*... a compliment. It might be that I'm not always concious of what other people are feeling at the time although I really DO care.

And it doesn't always have to be about "hurting" other people. There are also times when I just feel comfortable around them (super comfortable) that I can feel open (sort of). Really, any time I don't feel like the other person is harmful to me, or I feel that what I say can't be hurtful to me, I'll say it. There are other people I just don't trust at all.

OK, now that I've danced around it, the hurting part. Take, for example, if I have interest in a girl, and we are talking on-line, she might say something that shows interest back or whatever (like signing off "lyl, xoxo, etc.") but I usually don't reply with the same amount of emotion. To tell you the truth, it is hard for me even to write THIS. There are also sometimes when I walk by people I know without acknowledging them, but I have worked on that. Now most of the time I do, instead of blowing them off. I have also said some insensitve things to people and I don't know why (usually not thinking that it's insensitive at the time).

And there's really not much more to look for (from the SLI standpoint) than if the other person is still around. Really.

The important thing to remember is to not invade our personal space. There are times when my EIE Mom does this, and I can't stand it. Sometimes I really don't need to talk about things, and if you try and do this, drawing attention just makes it worse. When I mean "don't need to talk" I mean there are things that don't bother me in a personal way (like failing a driving test or whatever) but talking to me LIKE SOMETHING SHOULD BE WRONG or that I SHOULD BE UPSET just makes it painful (even though it wasn't at first). The odd part is, there are times that I do like to talk, but only when I truely feel frustrated in an emotionl or personal way. If he keeps on pushing away, then chances are that he geniunely does NOT want to talk, and backing off a little bit is what he'd perfer. I'm sorry if this seems needlessly complicated or it's hard to understand.

OK, did I cover it?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast