Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The good and bad sides of ISTps from ISFp's point of view

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The good and bad sides of ISTps from ISFp's point of view

Good and bad side of ISTP[ISFP point of view]

Ok I'll be brave . Sorry for copying the idea.

My opinion on ISTP.

ISTP. When first meeting an ISTP. Most I've seen barley smile. I first view them(before getting to know them) as being jerks as to me they barley say hi back. They tend to stare at you, as when they do to me I feel like I began to shiver into a shell. I know not on purpose. But just who they are. After getting to know them, about half and half we agree on stuff and get along, for me, probably not to be put together for doing projects as tried it with working with 2 ISTP's already . When in disagreements after looking back at it after awhile we wounder why argue on that subject.

ISTP's sometimes they can be demanding sometime not. Some like to pick on people but still to themselves(can be quite judging). Males ISTP's. I tend to get along with half the time. Most love to play physical sports such as hockey and tackle football. Most Males ISTP's are big (to me)but not too buffed. They feel like a teddy bear when hugging them. From a person I know of (Taz brother), the quotes he like to say are, "Move for your king" . I think it funny some times.

ISTP's like to challenge (when competeing) especialy if they like sports. ISTP'sThey don't like to lose and keeping it inside they are upset. They do like to joke around but just act like only they could most of the times. Can be easy going too. ISTP's are in my view one of the hardest types to please. They get along great with ENFP's. When I talk to ENFP's and ISTP's at same time. Best time I can get to know the open side of ISTP.
    Please give your comments if you agree or disagree or anything to add. Sorry if alittle disorganized.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

;lkj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with impled and most of stuff JD say, I like the big hugss from ISTP's to. To add ISTP's can be a smilie person also. SHould of name the ISTP males view of ISFP females. Most of them in my opinion describe ISTP's males.

I got a couple questions for ISTP's if you want to answer .

What makes you happy and/or pleases you?

Why do you like ENFP's so much?

Thank you for your time .
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JD, one of my good female friends is ISFP, so ISFP-ISTP relationships can get along quite well (that is, if I am actually an ISTP ).

Quote Originally Posted by JD
    When first meeting an ISTP. Most I've seen barley smile.
    Probably true for people I first meet, but it doesn't stay like that for long.

They tend to stare at you, as when they do to me I feel like I began to shiver into a shell.
    I would never stare at someone to the point that would make them uncomfortable.

When in disagreements after looking back at it after awhile we wounder why argue on that subject.
    True, but these don't come up that often anyways.

Some like to pick on people but still to themselves(can be quite judging).
    "Pick on" as in "make fun of" or "tease". I wouldn't pick on someone to purposley make them feel bad.

They feel like a teddy bear when hugging them.

From a person I know of (Taz brother), the quotes he like to say are, "Move for your king" . I think it funny some times.
    lol, that is funny. I don't think I'd ever tell someone "Move for your king" (but maybe I should start ).

ISTP'sThey don't like to lose and keeping it inside they are upset.
    Very true, when I'm upset I hardly show people exactly HOW upset I am. If I let my emotions out it shows that I'm really ticked off about something.

ISTP's are in my view one of the hardest types to please.
    ... I did not realize this.

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    they give really great hugs.
    Come on, again.... now you're just making me blush. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by taz
    To add ISTP's can be a smilie person also.
    Yes we can, as long as we're around people that we like. If you're my friend, it's a lot of joking around, having fun, ect.

Are we really that hard to please? Pretty much if you don't show that you hate me, I'll be able to get along with you. Playful fighting and teasing is always good in an ISTP-ISFP relationship, IMO. I like playing basketball, too. Going to the mall or movies is something else I enjoy.

hmm... I do have a good ENFP friend. I'm not quite sure what it is. Supposivly, we ISTPs and ENFPs enjoy each others "strengths" and don't attack each others "weaknesses".
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but my ISTP brother is a hard person to please and few ISTP males I know also. Which is why I asked these 2 question. I can get along with them and trying to understand them better. I guess my ISTP brother likes to play fav. alot. I guess I can please them they just won't show it. lol JD likes to play around challenging with my ISTP brother. That right JD? For me I tend to easily misunderstand ISTP's.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    JD wrote:
    They tend to stare at you, as when they do to me I feel like I began to shiver into a shell.

I would never stare at someone to the point that would make them uncomfortable.
    I apologize. I used the wrong description. Shouldn't be stare. I meant it like in a way when you try to get them to talk. Some I know don't respond right away. Forgive me I'm bad at correct spelling, complete sentence, and grammer. Some of what I said after I wrote it I shoudn't have typed .
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I can please them they just won't show it. lol
    That's exactly it.

I meant it like in a way when you try to get them to talk. Some I know don't respond right away.
    Oh, ok. I understand you now. I thought you meant if someone was staring at you from a distance. I do this sometimes and didn't realize that it could be intimidating.

Forgive me I'm bad at correct spelling, complete sentence, and grammer.
    Just don't worry about it.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When first meeting an ISTP. Most I've seen barley smile.
    My friends tell me I always look like Im about to kill someone. I just havent found the right one yet I guess.
    Around friends Im more outgoing. Ive tried smiling to strangers but its not to warmly received in the city so I was like screw this shit.

Yea I can see how we stare sometimes. Ive stared to the point where I feel its a compettition. Other times I dont even bother and look away right away. Really depends on a lot of factors. I know how people can feel when we stare at them by reading others reactions to ISTPs... We seem intimidating so I try to avoid that.

When in disagreements after looking back at it after awhile we wonder why argue on that subject.
    You wonder why cause the ISTP was right in the first place. What was the point in arguing with him or her? Jking. Yea I have an ISFP uncle and we get along great like best friends. Since we are both hedonists it doesnt hurt either... cheers!

Some like to pick on people but still to themselves(can be quite judging).
    Dont confuse ESTJs if you are using VI. A lot of ESTJs have an athletic build to them as well. In my experience ESTJs tend to bully, ISTPs are less likely to.

They feel like a teddy bear when hugging them.
    I will keep that in mind next time Im resisting a potential relationship only to drink myself to sleep and wander why they moved on by waiting so long and me not picking up every single possible clue that they liked me in the first place. Hope that made sense

ISTP'sThey don't like to lose and keeping it inside they are upset.
    I hide my emotions, but learned that is immature to do as they build up. You need to talk to someone about it. Ive learned to be a little more open that way, though when it really counts I think I still hide it at times, I guess we cant fight our nature. We are definitely compettitive, we love a good challenge.

ISTP's are in my view one of the hardest types to please.
    To put it in better terms, we are the hardest to get (relationship wise) and hardest to to impress. ISTPs can be pleased fairly easily, make sure you have a 12 pack ready and its all good .

they give really great hugs.
    I love when an outgoing chick goes for a hug and it feels genuine. Handshakes are awkward still.

To add ISTP's can be a smilie person also.
    yes but it can be a mask also. We can also just be in a happy state I guess depends.. Smilie isnt too specific a term.

Lets put it in my view of a *DREAM* retirement:
    a cottage
    motorcycle
    nice AWD car
    24 pack of beer nice and cold in the fridge
    a nice garden of magical magical plants
    a german shepard dog
    a beautiful ENFP by my side
    some friends as neighbours
    a stock pile of guns JUST IN CASE SHIT GOES DOWN
    neighbours are old friends all around

of course, it would preferably be waterfront

realistically, good relationships with friends. Keeping stimulated, that means beer, good food, exercise, good music. Having a flexible job (damn I wish I didnt have to work though)...

The touch of an ENFP woman is a buzz like driving a ferrari. They can manipulate emotions, but we seem to be very resistant to their powers and I think we allow them to do it, if we feel like it, but we usually do and they are usually uplifting to our spirits. I feel like I can do anything when I am with my dual. We can talk about almost anything, trust each other completely, and can read each others thoughts without saying a word. If only they werent so idealistic though...

Did I mention I find ENFP women extremely hot?

Maybe thats why we watch the news so often!

I hope I helped

Take it easy...
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You wonder why cause the ISTP was right in the first place. What was the point in arguing with him or her? Jking.
    lol. that what my ISTP brother would argue for. Won't give up till he wins.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTps are supposed to be more attracted to INFjs than ENFps...
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supposed to be? ENFPs are our duals... You just made a statement and didnt even back up your claim.

My best interactions with people have been with ENFPs.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Relationships of activity are supposed to be the most COMPELLING, or in other words, the one in which you feel the most ATTRACTION to another person, at least immediately; dual relationships are only COMFORTABLE to in at the beginning, with them actually being a bit boring initially; after awhile, however, the relationship begins to pick up and the two individuals become "mangnitized" to each other.

Think of it as so:

You have two cars: one is a car that accelerates very quickly with a top speed lower than the other; the other car is a car that accelerates fairly slowly but has a top speed HIGHER then the other car. Realtions of activity would represent the first car, with relations of duality representing the latter car.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but Ive experienced when my relation of activity has gone sour into what socionics.com called something like a negative rhythmical interaction. It was from hanging out with that person everyday. Yes I do find INFJs attractive physically... They are far too withdrawn for me though. I am very good with VI and have had only good experiences with ENFPs... Think of this way

That car that goes slower but has a higher top speed (the ENFP) eventually grows on you in life and because you mightve bought new models of the car (say youve met other ENFPs) you still loved the brand name because of all the good times youve had with it.

The other faster one, the engine keeps blowing all the time and you gotta keep taking it in for repairs (conflicts occur)... It just gets frustrating so the fact that it was faster doesnt mean crap because all you remember is being towed off of the hiway all the time.

LOL

I know INFJs are great people, very caring and in my experience they have this almost psychic ability. Because they are so idealistic and avoid conflict far more then ENFPs, even though ENFPs are still idealists to a lesser extent, I cannot resolve problems with them. INFJs like to shove stuff under the carpet and not solve it. I need to solve the problem to move on to know where we stand, or whatever it is. Anyways Im not knocking INFJs but ENFPs are far more attractive to me just because through my life my best interactions have been with them and I believe it is almost environmental conditioning that has made me this way.

I really didnt bother to check my grammar, I hope this makes sense.

Take it easy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For sports I would love to have an ISTP person on my team cause of there toughness. They are good at getting me to be aggessive I think.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

asdfl;kj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Negative, almost went out with an INFJ before...

We prefer ENFPs because the more outgoing ones are more aggressive, less work for you...

INFJs seem to be in la-de-la-la land and stuck in a romance novel to me...

Because ENFPs are more outgoing and can get me more out of my shell, they are prefered...

I know INFJs... nice people but whats with everyone here thinking that just because they are an activity partner it works? If you hang out with them too much the relationship goes sour, I have experienced this. Duality seems like an ISTPs only option for any sort of sustained intimate relationship.

This is me talking from PERSONAL experience as well, so its not like Im saying "in theory...".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ......

Creepy-Monica

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    the stare thing is true. sometimes it confused me a bit as we'd be sitting on the bus or something and he'd stare at me with this very /intent/ look that i couldn't really interpret, but took as a good sign (kind of fierce but kind of longing.)

and then he was kind of confused that i didn't know he cared about me when he looked at me.
    Ok so do ISTP's always stare to show affection or attraction?

Because I know of a couple of marriages that are on the rocks because the husbands get caught staring at other women, but they deny it which gets them into more trouble.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: huh

//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default .

.................................................. ....................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes you can occasionally get caught observing someone.

You learn to see when they will look back, but the hard part is acting like you were focussed on something else in the first place.

ENFPs lie a lot? Hmmm Ive had my suspicious but gave them the benefit of a doubt as I know they get a lot more enjoyment out of manipulating emotions... Odd I can see them lying to make another mate jealous though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I am very curious for how ISTP's view ISFP's. Be honest .

What do you like about ISFP?
    What are some things you would change about ISFP's?
    Do you work well with ISFP's?
    IS there anything you notice about ISFP's that we ISFP's might not notice we do?

For me I work with ISTP's the best, playing sports with them. If we played together for couple yrs. we can tend to read each other minds to know what to do next. For football my ISTP brother would be the blocker to block my ENFP brother I would run past them to score the TD. For sports I notice ISTP's are really aggressive players, with the mood to win. I would not like to verse them but play with them. For I play goalie in soccer I prefere for an ISTP player to play swepper. As they tend to stop plays before they have a chance to attack .
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you like about ISFP?
    Nothing! hehehee, j/k I posted this over in the Alpha section about ISFPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    ISFPs are possibaly the least judging people on the planet. They will never criticize or unfairly judge people. If there were one type who's heart was of pure gold, it would be ISFP. ISFPs try to make peace and whatever they do them seem to do for the good of everyone. Maybe more people should listen to what ISFPs have to say? ISFPs are smilie and animated, and try to make everyone's day who happens to be around them.
    ISFPs always seem fun to be around, and they're good at making fools of themselves too.

What are some things you would change about ISFP's?
    Hmm, maybe you need to be a little more organized. :wink:

Do you work well with ISFP's?
    For the most part, yes.

IS there anything you notice about ISFP's that we ISFP's might not notice we do?
    Well, do you notice that ISFPs can act a bit dorky at times. ISFPs can act oblivious to what's going on around them. It's really funny sometimes. ISFPs are really the funniest type to just watch.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    taz wrote:

Well, do you notice that ISFPs can act a bit dorky at times. ISFPs can act oblivious to what's going on around them. It's really funny sometimes. ISFPs are really the funniest type to just watch.

lol. I was just thinking about it. I feel compared to ISTP's, I talk non stop. It make's me feel like an idiot when they don't respond at all execpt just small smile . For some reason being around ISTP's. When telling them my ideas they tend to be smart alec as there way of teasing me.
    ISFP, SEI

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have absolutly nothing negitive to say about ISTps, but the relationship ISTps and ENTps have with oneanother is totally wacked out ... Seriously, semi-dualism is weird ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm. To me when ENFP and ISTP are together especialy if the ISTP is a female and the ENFP is an Male. Sometimes it can be like a free show .
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's true for me. Can act like an idiot and a hyperfreak around people too.
    I guess I'm an ISFP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RMCNEW... yes our semi dualism is WHACKed. We just dont each other well, even though we try to.. The trying to part is what keeps is coming back for the torture! lol

Anyways

ISFPs... I love you people. Where do I start... You have a beautiful aesthetic taste, you see the beauty in the world in a very artistic way. We can always slam the beers back with each other. You guys can be chatty but usually about great topics because we have SOMETHING always in common... Ride a motorcycle? Into computers? You are always into something that makes you UNIQUE!

I love how you try to resolve problems between people also, though sometimes it pisses me off when you interfere in my problems though it reminds me how much you care.

ISFPs are truly the laid back peacemakers. Keep up the good work

NOTHING bad to say about you guys... Just remember everyone gets depressed sometimes

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    RMCNEW... yes our semi dualism is WHACKed. We just dont each other well, even though we try to.. The trying to part is what keeps is coming back for the torture! lol
    It is odd, because when an ENTp and ISTp meet for the first time, they can feel real comfortable together even to the point to where they can mistakingly think that they have known each other for a long time.

It is after they have known each other for a while that weirds things start to happen. The ISTp and ENTp start to accidently appear as though they are blowing each other off when one goes to greet the other. It is like they are attracted to eachother only to repel themselves.

And I am speaking from experience, it happened with me and this ISTp guy I knew like last week. We got along real well, then it started to seem like we were blowing each other off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed... Magnetic at first then repulsing to the point where you dont know why you were friends in the first place. Lets not hijack this thread though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default yeah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

yes I feel ENTPs excude an amount of arrogance, if you've ever checked the forums on ENTP.org this is quite obvious. On a poll they overwhemlingly admitted they behave in a narrisistic manner..

I think ISTPs do hear bzzzzzz... Its like you are trying to make a phone call without a dial tone, just doesnt work.

I think we both try to get that F out of each other, and thats what draws us to each other... Even though the ISTP becomes VERY frustrated in the ENTPs attempts to fool us. Thats the funny thing, an experienced ISTP will know when the ENTP is lying and catch them often.

What draws us together is also our 2 hidden agenda, to love and to be loved...

Its like nails on a chalk board in my experience though (not as bad as a conflicting relationship which is more like walking into the wrong washroom and not realizing it until someone screams lol)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to inturrupt your guys conversations but this is an interesting question I would like to hear what the ISTP's have to say.

How good are you guys with kids like in elementary grade?
    Would you be good at teaching kids as in school?
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to inturrupt your guys conversations but this is an interesting question I would like to hear what the ISTP's have to say.

My ISTp sister would reply to this with her "cynical" laugh. She can't stand kids.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I look back and I was happy in elementary, I liked to play fight in the back with another guy who enjoyed it. Kept us entertained. I hated school, mostly not because of the people though. My CONFLICTING type is ENFJ, THE TEACHER lol.

I got along with some kids, too many judgers, a lot of stupid kids were bullies to other kids and it made me dislike how it lacked justice... Those kids got away with too much shit.

I would probably keep a flask so no.

Today, today children, we are going to learn about hangovers...

Seriously, we might be but only cause there would probably be an ENFP teacher working somewhere there, and we would go on trips to her class so I could hit on her lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is interesting cause I think in my Jr. high school I went to, I could only type one teacher who is an ISTP. I know this for part reasons, because he has a serious look, and is really quiet.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast