Thread: Typology Test Check

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Typology Test Check

http://64.30.201.146/~rampage/pict1.jpg (3 years old)
    http://64.30.201.146/~rampage/pict2.JPG (current)

Re-occuring Test Results: INTJ
    Test Results: http://socionics.wsphere.com/cgi-bin...419572535.html

What would be the best interpretation of these?

--Joshua[/url]

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, it looks like this guy is actually a socionics ENTj/INTp ...

Probably INTp ... he has no weak , and his or her weakest function is , which could indicate that that is his role function.

I have not looked at the pictures, though ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say he looks a tad INTj from around the nose area, but he has an oval face shape that is common for many ENTjs/INTps ...

He sort of looks like a mixture between the admin and steve ...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks quite like that INTp I was talking about in the extraverted INTps thread.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Actually, it looks like this guy is actually a socionics ENTj/INTp ...
    Ahh, you're right. I missed that. Where'd my go?!
    We still love you Herzblut ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does make some sense, but I can't deny that both my relationships with another INTP and ISFJ have nearly matched the relations description as listed on Socionics with an INTJ.

--Joshua

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AI
    It does make some sense, but I can't deny that both my relationships with another INTP and ISFJ have nearly matched the relations description as listed on Socionics with an INTJ.

--Joshua
    Hmmm .... explain please?

Which do you think applies more to you in socionics ... INTp or INTj?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, I can relate to either INTP or INTJ nearly equally. I lean towards INTJ because my life experiences match relations. My best friend typed as an INTP and when we tried to work on a project I kept on getting frustrated because he seemed to be overcomplicating simple things. Generally, speaking I relate with other INTPs, but cannot fully interact in the same way that the Socionics relation has indicated. I had the same results interacting with an ISFJ.
    Also, I have taken two written tests and over 10 online tests and, with the exception of two online tests, I have consistently tested as an INTJ. However, my leanings are obviously toward INTJ so I am somewhat suspicious of such results especially since I cannot read the profiles without feeling somewhat ambiguous about them. If I could relate more with one or the other I would be quicker to accept INTP. So, the question is if this is one of those unclear situations or am I only appearing as one or the other profiles? I'm curious if you have any insights because I'm basically at a crossroad and more than one direction looks correct.

--Joshua R.

Creepy-

I have to admit you are an odd case, your photo V.I. seems to indicate both INTj and INTp characteristics; in which case seems to be backed by the fact that you feel split between INTj and INTp. There could be something worth looking into there as far as socionic theory goes.

However, based upon what I see, you believe yourself to be an INTj, yet you functionally test as a socionics ENTj/INTp ... Have you ever thought that maybe you are an INTp with strong J tendencies?

Maybe from a psychological level you are very close to being midway between ENTj/INTp, which causes you to act sometimes act out as an extrovert and to feel like xNTj?

To be honest, I think this might actually be the case taking the data that has been made available to us ... I tend to agree with Cones assertion that you could really be an "esxtroverted acting" INTp ...

However, that is not what is important. Do you mind telling us how you feel about what I have just said and whether it applies to you or would you like to give us more information about yourself?

Any information you can give about how you behave in certain social circumstances, such as in a class room or how you behave in public can help too ... Thanks ...

Creepy-rmcnew - not logged in

That last guest was me, I am at a public library and can not log in because of the proxy system they use here ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will try to give you a few of my social characteristics and see if this helps somewhat... I have done a significant amount of research regarding the MBTI/Socionics for my own sake, which I have seems to be characteristic of many of the N typed personalities. So, generally what I give below has become biased because I have adapted it towards the INTJ results have been consistently getting, but much of it does make sense...

I believe I am definetely introverted because I must retreat from people and spend time alone even if it is doing nothing in order to gather my thoughts and relax. I am quite capable of spending many hours by myself without feeling much loss and being energized afterwards. I am also fairly independent about my projects and usually don't share much about my private life or personal projects unless absolutely necessary.
    I believe I am strongly intuitive because I tend to easily switch into abstract philosophy even in a normal conversation. I 'daydream' and easily miss things like where I put my keys even if they are in my hand. I am basically able to play movies back in my head without becoming bored and I like to spend time just 'daydreaming.' I'm also able to see many different possibilities and brainstorm which helps a lot since I spend a lot of time troubleshooting computer problems. Also, if I'm not interested in a debate or a conversation I will play out its possibilities in my head and avoid actually joining it, but I will certainly add to it if it is something I can directly relate to.
    I believe I am thinking because even if I am very emotionally charged about a problem, I will eventually rely on the logical conclusion in order to solve it. I am frustrated when another person attempts to add emotion into their debate or arguement. I like to solve both logic problems and problems that require a creative solution. I actually enjoy multiplying or adding large numbers in my head and I am able to do it. I naturally look for patterns and use them to my advantage when problem solving.
    I believe that I am more likely to be judging (but may be perceiving) because I am comfortable with a pre-set plan of events. I don't like to break rules even when it is obvious that you will not be caught-- I won't even jaywalk because I don't like it which my friends are constantly making fun of me for. I am hardly clean, but I keep things fairly 'ordered.' I tend to collect a lot of projects together and have hard time actually completing them, but I have slow progress. I also enjoy putting things in order and organizing large amounts of information and data.

--Joshua

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I figured you were INTx ... Though, I am not sure if you understood what I was asking ...

How about this:

When you are at school, do you speak up and talk out of place in the class room or speak loud towards other people?

Have other people complained about you being loud and obnoxious?

When you get scolded for acting up being loud, do you tend to mope around for a while? Especially when it is an authority figure that has scolded you?

Have you and your friends ever formed any social clubs together, and called it some silly name? Did you use it as a vehical to discuss various thought driven topics or maybe you just lounged around and talked?

Do you tend to get math problems wrong by unintentionally skipping numbers or counted off by not showing your work?

Do you think asemetrically, linking concepts to other concepts by the fact that they behave similarly, but may be totally different?

I will list more when I think of more questions ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you are at school, do you speak up and talk out of place in the class room or speak loud towards other people?
    No. I'm definetely soft spoken and prefer listening over speaking. However, I'm capable of speaking when necessary-- I have led an entire four hours of multiple session training for a group.

Have other people complained about you being loud and obnoxious?
    I think I would be the last person to be considered loud and obnoxious. Occasionally, I get ragged on for not speaking, though.

When you get scolded for acting up being loud, do you tend to mope around for a while? Especially when it is an authority figure that has scolded you?
    For being scolded in general I would mope around, but I think the answer does not match the context of the question.

Have you and your friends ever formed any social clubs together, and called it some silly name? Did you use it as a vehical to discuss various thought driven topics or maybe you just lounged around and talked?
    No I have not formed any clubs for that reason besides briefly starting a gamer group with the tag AI (which I have kept for years). However, I always take advantage of any given event with a smaller group of friends to talk or discuss thought-driven topics.

Do you tend to get math problems wrong by unintentionally skipping numbers or counted off by not showing your work?
    This happens all the time. I tend to miss major points even though I do everything else right.

Do you think asemetrically, linking concepts to other concepts by the fact that they behave similarly, but may be totally different?
    I love to find links in behavior between things that would otherwise be completely unrelated. Do analogies count?

--Joshua

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good, now we are starting to make headway - I have more questions in response to your answers ... and yes, analogies count ...

Explain to us some of the things you discuss at these small group meetings, what is the typical context of these meetings and what do you have to contribute?

Are you good at grammar or foreign languages?

Do you feel as though you tend to show more positive emotions to others than they are willing to give to you?

Do you learn by taking hugh amounts of data and chopping them into small bits or do you learn by taking small bits to build a bigger familiar structure?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Explain to us some of the things you discuss at these small group meetings, what is the typical context of these meetings and what do you have to contribute?
    Most meetings are informal and maybe as much as three friends in a living room. It seems to be I talk a lot in certain groups and others I simply remain silent and listen either because I don't care to talk about the topic or because I keep getting cut out. I like to talk mostly about abstract philosophy because to me there seems to be only one topic which encompasses all other topics. I generally won't bother to argue something I consider to be too specific of a point.

Are you good at grammar or foreign languages?
    I like foreign languages a whole lot more and they seem to stick, but I have especially picked up logical programming languages quicker than most people if that fits.

Do you feel as though you tend to show more positive emotions to others than they are willing to give to you?
    I'm a little ambiguous towards this question, but I guess I would have to answer no.

Do you learn by taking hugh amounts of data and chopping them into small bits or do you learn by taking small bits to build a bigger familiar structure?
    I struggle with this question somwhat, but I think I take small bits and build a familar structure at least most of the time.

--Joshua

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, one more thing I would like you to do ....

Go to socionics.com and read the ENTp, INTj, ENTj, INTp descriptions ...

Then answer the following question ...

"Do you relate moreso to the ENTp and INTj description together as a whole?"

Or

"Do you relate moreso to the ENTj and INTp description together as a whole?"

What I mean by whole, is the combined descriptions ...

For example, read the ENTp and INTj descriptions and note the similarities ... then read the ENTj and INTp description and note the similarities.

Then come back and tell us if you relate more to the ENTp/INTj descriptions or more to the ENTj/INTp descriptions as combination descriptions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely read through each set separately and considered them both. As a whole, I think I relate more with the ENTP/INTJ combination. I don't relate with ENTJ barely at all, but there are some key things in INTP that I relate with significantly. I relate much more with ENTP on some elements, but not as strongly as INTP/INTJ. However, I don't particular relate so much with any profile appearance elements in any of the sections except for INTJ's preference for simple clothing. Comparing the profiles definetely helped me think about it a little better, though.

--Joshua

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely read through each set separately and considered them both. As a whole, I think I relate more with the ENTP/INTJ combination. I don't relate with ENTJ barely at all, but there are some key things in INTP that I relate with significantly. I relate much more with ENTP on some elements, but not as strongly as INTP/INTJ. However, I don't particular relate so much with any profile appearance elements in any of the sections except for INTJ's preference for simple clothing. Comparing the profiles definetely helped me think about it a little better, though.

--Joshua
    You are INTj, then ... because an INTp would relate more to the ENTj/INTp combination than to the ENTp/INTj combination ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

--Joshua
    I should clarify-- after reading through ENTJ and ENTP again. I do relate with some of ENTJ but I clearly relate more with ENTP.

--Joshua