Thread: The inventive ENTp [ENTP's point of view]

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The inventive ENTp [ENTP's point of view]

ENTps tend to be unbiased, non-judgemental people, but very thought driven and intense while speaking. It is very common for an ENTp to often pause while speaking, appearing as though he or she is contemplating a response. If an ENTp ever begins speaking loudly, while waving his or her hands excitedly towards anyone, there is a very good chance that he or she likes that person and and may want to get to know him or her. However, most people may not understand this unique ENTp social que, and instead might consider this a little odd and showboatish. The ENTp could also be sporatic in approaching people they have just met or getting to know. This occurs since ENTps have an exceptionally hard time displaying positive emotions towards others, and may not always know the best way to approach someone they do not feel they can readily relate to. Most tend to only be able to form relationships with like-minded people who can understand their logic or who can sympathize with them in some way.

ENTps can have a very difficult time making friends; most ENTps have a tendency to be a tad self-absorbed, and can unintentionally appear standoffish or reserved to people. Some of them may not have very many friends or a few close friends. Because of this, they may sometimes give off the impression that they do not like anyone at all. This is really not true. ENTps love people and yearn to seek a closeness to others, but they normally do not have the developed social skills to allow them to do so. Because of this, ENTps need to receive positive emotions more than any other personality type, and often use their intuitive logic to concoct clever social schemes to gain required social attention. Most ENTps tend to not marry until their 30s, if at all.

ENTps are fiercly independent and strong-willed as children and as adults; many parents can testify to the difficulties in raising them. They are rebels, constantly challenging the norm and seeking out alternative means of action. When young, they could be restless in school and considered defiant and problematic, and if not that, they could be flagged with various learning abilities such as ADD, Asbergers, or even considered autistic. Because of this, ENTps could form a false inferiority complex. But in reality, ENTps posess a rare divergent learning ability that has not been favored well by many systems of schooling, the ability to link concepts asymetrically to other concepts using objects and systems that are similar in concept, yet totally different. In this aspect, ENTps have been gifted with a form of intelligence like no other. Though few appreciate or see value in this fact.

Even as adults, ENTps can have little undestanding of the limits of public, personal, and private space, and can irritate others with the way they habitually manage common everyday matters. They can have limited ability to comprehend the amount of time to complete task, and can be generally irresponsible or late on occasion. They can also be very messy, and have a hard time taking care of themselves. They can become so distracted with every day matters, that they lose track of their health. An ENTp may appear to be in a hurry when he or she is not.

ENTps do not readily follow social norms. They do not like to have their independance threatened by unnecessary rules, and they can appear expedient and out-of-place in a society that values any various forms of unnecesary subjugation. While ENTps may have a healthy respect for rules when they are necessary as a guideline or are necessary and good for the wellbeing of people, they do not readily tolerate intentional subjugation to any type of rule or method that they consider to be out-dated or harmful to the wellbeing of individuals. ENTps tend to look down on people who do so, considering them to be childish and lacking of confidence.

ENTps are the intuitive protectors of society. They do not want to see people being exploited out of ignorance or to see the unmerciful destruction of individuals for the gain of a chosen few. ENTps want everyone to be strong, independant, and able to stand on their own. They can use their intuitive understanding of situations and their ability to see the internal workings beyond smoke and mirrors, and to warn of danger. However, they can at times see danger where none really exist, which often causes people to not take them seriously. But, ENTps really want the best for others, even in a world that does not really understand them or really cares to for that matter.

Entps thrive not in any society that places high value upon any form of systematic consistency, and could be perceived with suspecion. Because of their accute absentmindedness, an ENTp may unintentionally forget what he or she has done throughout the day or mistakingly leave tools and other items where he or she has worked. This forgetting can happen anywhere from a matter of seconds to minutes. When confronted, an ENTp may deny he or she has done something, even a few moments later and when there are witnesses to testify against this fact; generally, most people lack the empathy and insight to understand how anyone can humanly manage under such inconsistent and odd behaviour. However, those who have developed a good understanding of ENTps can testify to their faulty memory and forgive and accept them. An ENTp is best left to live in a society that values their greater strengths over their lower flaws.

Another cause of strife could result by the way in which an ENTp naturally realizes and relays information. If an ENTp fails to absorb all necessary hints and clues about his or her surroundings during a signifigantly potential or important event, his or her mind could unintentionally distort that information, causing the ENTp to perceive and relay information to others that may not have a complete bearing on reality. However, this is totally natural for an ENTp; their minds can play connect the dots. If a dot is missing, their subconscious fills it for them without telling. However, they tend to often be right more than they are wrong. Regardless of this, the casual observer may discern their own inborn divergent thinking abilities as blatently dishonest and unreliable reasoning. Although, societies that are more accepting of ENTps tend to be more amazed with the ability than uncertain and condemning. But, this view is meerly a matter of perception; honesty and dishonesty has nothing to do with a person's personality type. As people, ENTps can be just as honest or dishonest as any other person of any other type, just so long as they avoid misunderstanding societies upon which can do them any harm.

ENTps are actually pretty positive people, who enjoy life greately. Unless circumstances prove it necessary, they rarely find reason to think negitivelly about people. They seek to accept and to understand people for who they are inside. They do not like to condemn people for their personhood, and they can often be sought out by others for matter of practical solutions to common every day problems. People typically have respect for the intuitive understanding of ENTps towards them and appreciate their loyalty in personal matters. It is not like an ENTp to betray a friend in need.

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absolutly correct for me, except I have a tendancy to judge people, and I'm almost never late.

I would say that is the good and accurate description of the ENTp.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually patterned this whole description after myself; the non-judging may just be a personal preference for me, and not necessarily a type thing. I can be early for things as well, but I do not think that is a default trait for ENTp unless one really works to be on time. It takes alot of effort.

Creepy-

youre not an entp

intp(mbti) more likely.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, I'm going to post something I said before,

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    You based that on what? It takes me along to to be sure of something and to finally come up with an answer, and after considering EVERYTHING I realized he is most likely ENTP.
    Considering that he talks about having much more Ti than Te (and it seams to show in what he does), the fact that his PoLR is Fi and not Fe (after I asked him questions to make a distinction between the two) and the fact that his relationships are off between INTPs and ENTJs I figured he is an ENTP. I don't know what makes you think he's not, but he is.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-

INTP (MBTI) is introverted thinking

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    youre not an entp

intp(mbti) more likely.
    I am getting sick of this ...

I have been through this debate before ... even my own mother thinks I am ENTp ... just quit or go post in the other thread ...

Ohhh, and if you are going by the "corn club" thing I said I did in college ... I thought that that might be an ENTp/INTj thing ... But, I have been convienced that it is really an ENTj/INTp thing as it involves .

Well, the whole thing was founded by ENTjs ... I left when they started criticising my ...

And I know now that it makes sense that Einstein was really INTp ... I do not relate to him quite as much as I thought since I researched the history.

Creepy-

ive seen your pic...

you are no entp

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    ive seen your pic ... you are no entp
    If that is all that you are basing your assumption on, I have no reason to take you serious ... especially since you are logged on as a guest and not really saying a whole lot to back up your assumptions, which really means nothing to anyone at the moment anyways.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you guys want to debate whether I am INTp or ENTp again, go to this thread ...

oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=798&start=45

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I added these two paragraphs to explain some of the questions and conflicts I forgot to previously address about ENTps ...

Entps thrive not in any society that places high value upon any form of systematic consistency, and could be perceived with suspecion. Because of their accute absentmindedness, an ENTp may unintentionally forget what he or she has done throughout the day or mistakingly leave tools and other items where he or she has worked. This forgetting can happen anywhere from a matter of seconds to minutes. When confronted, an ENTp may deny he or she has done something, even a few moments later and when there are witnesses to testify against this fact; generally, most people lack the empathy and insight to understand how anyone can humanly manage under such inconsistent and odd behaviour. However, those who have developed a good understanding of ENTps can testify to their faulty memory and forgive and accept them. An ENTp is best left to live in a society that values their greater strengths over their lower flaws.

Another cause of strife could result by the way in which an ENTp naturally realizes and relays information. If an ENTp fails to absorb all necessary hints and clues about his or her surroundings during a signifigantly potential or important event, his or her mind could unintentionally distort that information, causing the ENTp to perceive and relay information to others that may not have a complete bearing on reality. However, this is totally natural for an ENTp; their minds can play connect the dots. If a dot is missing, their subconscious fills it for them without telling. However, they tend to often be right more than they are wrong. Regardless of this, the casual observer may discern their own inborn divergent thinking abilities as blatently dishonest and unreliable reasoning. Although, societies that are more accepting of ENTps tend to be more amazed with the ability than uncertain and condemning. But, this view is meerly a matter of perception; honesty and dishonesty has nothing to do with a person's personality type. As people, ENTps can be just as honest or dishonest as any other person of any other type, just so long as they avoid misunderstanding societies upon which can do them any harm.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, here's a difference between me and mister mcnew: He's driven to do things and I am not. lol