Thread: I met my dual - EIE (ENFj)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I met my dual - EIE (ENFj)

but not a male one yet... still any ENFj friend would be great and I can learn from that. I totally had the "too good" reaction when I met her, she is the organiser of my son's playgroup and I straight off went "out of my league". So I was pleasantly surprised when she seemed really interested in us and asked us over for a play date. She is really, really nice and friendly, I was tired after I was with her but that could be because of other things, it's been a busy few days.
    female ISTj, sensory subtype

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I met my dual

nice keep on hunting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    nice keep on hunting
    Thanx

I am looking around me but just keep finding more ISTPs. There is an issue there I need to deal with.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zillah
    I am looking around me but just keep finding more ISTPs. There is an issue there I need to deal with.
    It seems to be the case that unfortunately the people pertaining to a given "club" (NT ST SF NF) tend to hang around in places full of people of the same "club" thus making more difficult to meet duals.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    It seems to be the case that unfortunately the people pertaining to a given "club" (NT ST SF NF) tend to hang around in places full of people of the same "club" thus making more difficult to meet duals.
    Yes, I think that's definitely a factor. That is also one reason - perhaps the major reason - why mirrors are the most common successful couples after duals. Same club and same quadra, overruling the mutually-annoying temperaments.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my experience the people need to be on a certain level to be ready for the duality. They need to understand it in their language that they are having it. Otherwise my observations show that people don't give chanche for eachother. Duals are very different. You will have to have the idea being in your mind that this person is your complementary other half. Otherwise you will concider your dual to be someone not important. Because she or he is very much a lot unlike you and you will not become to think that someone so different may be a great mach for you. Our society values that a great mach is someone very similar. That's why we don't think that the opposite can be the best one.

But to meet a dual you should try to act more with your secondary and third function. It attracts them. And you are attracted to them in a same way.

And it's also a good idea to hang in a places where they hang out and to have the same kind of hobbys. Like if you are an ESTJ guy then go for an example into a literture night where INFJs might like to go.

But these sugestions are off course too simple. They are ment just for giving an idea what one can do.
    Semiotical process

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't found my dual to be very different in terms of, understanding of reality. There is an incredible difference in how we cope with this understanding though, a complementary difference I'd say.

Why do you think they are attracted by the role function?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zillah
    nice keep on hunting
    Thanx

Here is one rule that never fails: If there is an ISTp around there won't be any ENFjs around You really need to fix that first. Get rid of the ISTps somehow or look somewhere else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is one rule that never fails: If there is an ISTp around there won't be any ENFjs around You really need to fix that first. Get rid of the ISTps somehow or look somewhere else
    Hey, I'm just living my life, they keep turning up! Business partner (out of a classified ad no less), dentist, guy giving me tests in hospital, a certain cutie from round here, and now one in my dancing lessons. (he's just gone away though.) perhaps 50 males between the two classes, and which one has a halo round him as he walks in the door? My subconscious is seeking them out. I think I know why, and I'm working on it.

Nothing against ISTPs at all!! love you guys!! but there are compatability issues which I believe are pretty much insurmountable, so I don't want to keep torturing myself.