Thread: what's my type? my wsphere results are unclear to me

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default what's my type? my wsphere results are unclear to me.

http://socionics.wsphere.com/cgi-bin...632860931.html

what a mess. i'm less sure of my type than i was before!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFLMAO... you're EVERY type!
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are INTj or ENTp ... you can not be INTp, because you do not have any ...

I really should make it more clear how to read this test or a FAQ or something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way, the type in big blue lettering does not always switch right with the J and P ... it really says you are INTx, and I should make that clear somewhere ...

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTX is what i thought in the beginning. this result made me think perhaps INTp. although it appears i don't have very strong preferences anywhere, eh?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    INTX is what i thought in the beginning. this result made me think perhaps INTp. although it appears i don't have very strong preferences anywhere, eh?
    Your results were very scattered and very moderate and without extreemity. You can not really trust what the test tries to compute from the raw data when that happens, but it is still possible to figure things out if you have a human that knows socionics well look at the raw data.

The fact that your did not show up in the strong section makes it very very unlikely that you are INTp according to the socionics scale. However, it does make it very likely you are ENTp or INTj according to the socionics scale.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hrmm. to be of some help:

i've tested out as a myers-briggs isfp before (when i was under a great deal of low level stress and agitation.)

my "knack" is languages and linguistics. i do think i have the socionics intp tendency to amass a great deal of information on any subject that interests me (so long as it interests me. if it interests me, my memory kicks into high gear for some reason unbeknownst to me.)

i would love to be in a scientific field (physics, biology, whatever) but my simple arithmetic is horrible and i get the numbers switched around.

i can definitely "forget to eat" if i am caught up thought, as the socionics description of INTj claims.

i've been called tactless and insensitive more than once in my life. perhaps the stress i've been under lately has led to a lack of gestalt reasoning and thus influenced my test scores?

are there any types i definitely wouldn't be? i can post pictures and all that jazz if you all would like.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hrmm. to be of some help:

i've tested out as a myers-briggs isfp before (when i was under a great deal of low level stress and agitation.)

my "knack" is languages and linguistics. i do think i have the socionics intp tendency to amass a great deal of information on any subject that interests me (so long as it interests me. if it interests me, my memory kicks into high gear for some reason unbeknownst to me.)

i would love to be in a scientific field (physics, biology, whatever) but my simple arithmetic is horrible and i get the numbers switched around.

i can definitely "forget to eat" if i am caught up thought, as the socionics description of INTj claims.

i've been called tactless and insensitive more than once in my life. perhaps the stress i've been under lately has led to a lack of gestalt reasoning and thus influenced my test scores?

are there any types i definitely wouldn't be? i can post pictures and all that jazz if you all would like.
    Well, it is good to read typology descriptions, but what we need to do is look at a person from a functional level. There are types that share functional behaviours with other types, and personality descriptions do not always cue you into those similarities.

The only types I can see you as functionally are either INTj or ENTp ... there is no way that you are a socionics INTp or ENTj the way that I see your functions ordered here, it is impossible that you can be those types with this data ... Even what you personally described to me above seems to indicate that you are ENTp or INTj, since mostly what you described is an example of divergent learning capabilities.

The types that have the greatest degree of divergent learning ability tend to be ENTp, ENFp, INTp, and INFp ...

So, I would actually highly consider you to be ENTp from a functional level.

Try reading my personal description and see if anything applies to you. If yes, there is a good chance you are ENTp ...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My personal description is found here ... I am actually currently writting a newer one with more positive things to say, but this should do for now.

oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=798&start=0

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

f;lkj;lkj

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkjk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

implied, you're an INTJ.

Oh, and this,

the last guy i seriously dated (and they are few and far between, trust me) only dated me because he was extremely persistent with me and pursued me, somewhat sporadically and somewhat intensely, yet over a long period of time (the constancy was what i appreciated.) eventually i gave in, but he wound up being too aggressive for me and perhaps not affectionate enough to bring me any natural satisfaction from the relationship (maybe istj?) i realized this in the beginning, that this would probably cause problems on down the line, but i decided to go against my gut instinct. i also felt like i had to be very restrained around him (on guard) and analyze whatever he said very slowly to get where he was "coming from." if i didn't, i would have taken offense 90% of the time (most of my infp/j friends think he's a total dick and really dislike him.) he seemed to think that distance and the lack of physical proximity was the problem.
    He's an ISTP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he may be

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wouldn't be surpirsed if an ISTP thought he was "N" ( I thought I was an ENTP) because MBTI doesn't test well for Si, only Se. Also, some ISTPs might think they are "J" because ISTPs are perfectionists.

and what on earth does an ISTp need from an INTj if that is the case? i'm unclear on what function is being sought out in relations of benefit.
    Ne.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

;lkj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTPs have an inexhaustible mental repository for everything! I also know a good deal of non-Simpsons quotes that I like to throw out there from time to time.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll upload some photos in a moment of myself in various states for the purpose of v.i. i think v.i. is fascinating.

also rmcnew: have you thought about using a 1-4 or 1-5 scale for the functions test? i think that would work out well for both j's and p's because it would allow absolute certainty or a little certainty.
    No, but if I could figure out how that scale works, I can program a diffrent way for the test to display an analysis of functions or something.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Implied, I have read over the data and think you are INTj ...

Anyone disagree?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

re: the ISTp seeking Ne from INTj. i recall someone on this board creating a theory that people are prone to believe that they are their benefactor. an INTj might think he is an INFp, for example (or perhaps it was the other way around?) i can also see how an istp could test out as an intj due to "coldness" and appearing emotionally unflappable.
    That was probably McNew when he thought he wasn an ENFJ. And it's the other way around, an INTJ would like to think he's ISTP because the ISTP's strong function is the INTJ's hidden agenda.

i'd like more concrete, real life examples of the functions. i'm sure there are links around here i've overlooked, but if anyone can point me in the right direction, i'd be grateful.
    I'll start off with the link, http://the16types.info/functions.php. If you have others questions about the functions, just ask. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Implied, I have read over the data and think you are INTj ...

Anyone disagree?
    No, she sounds like every INTJ woman ever.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky

That was probably McNew when he thought he wasn an ENFJ. And it's the other way around, an INTJ would like to think he's ISTP because the ISTP's strong function is the INTJ's hidden agenda.
    oh jesus i'm not sure about that! or at least, i don't think i could tolerate that in myself (i guess having correctly typed the ex now and figured out all the intricacies.) i think having Si as a main function would fucking kill me!

but it's good to know and it explains a lot of things that had confused me about his behavior before. i just didn't realize that he was so dependent on physical pleasures.

i scored as an isfp a long time ago and at that point in time, basically i was just constantly unsatisfied with no chance of internal peace. i think it would suck to be at the command of the concrete world constantly.

I'll start off with the link, http://the16types.info/functions.php. If you have others questions about the functions, just ask. :wink:
    i've already read this numerous times. i was hoping for another resource with some more examples (maybe a book?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh jesus i'm not sure about that! or at least, i don't think i could tolerate that in myself (i guess having correctly typed the ex now and figured out all the intricacies.) i think having Si as a main function would fucking kill me!
    It's not that bad. I notice and remember things like the licence plate number to the car, then when people try to get into the wrong one it just makes them look like idiots. Besides, I don't forget to eat nor do I dress funny, ha!
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkjlkj

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkj;lkjlj
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ok, ehm, I didn't know that this discussion was there. So when did you decide on being an ENFp?

I'm totally confused...
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

;lkjl;kj
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    re: the ISTp seeking Ne from INTj. i recall someone on this board creating a theory that people are prone to believe that they are their benefactor. an INTj might think he is an INFp, for example (or perhaps it was the other way around?) i can also see how an istp could test out as an intj due to "coldness" and appearing emotionally unflappable.
    Actually, I said that when I was trying to figure out Tanzhe's type. But you wouldn't remember that, because that was way before your time. And rmcnew I think did say that too.

You're right in a way. My INTj cousin often scored as ISTJ on MBTI tests, and Tanzhe thought he was ISTp for awhile, also.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I know, implied, but still, where did the ENFp come in?
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[lkj
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lkj
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Creepy-

It would be a good idea to ask your friends/family what they think your type might be.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as;dflkj
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: what's my type? my wsphere results are unclear to me.

http://socionics.wsphere.com/cgi-bin/beta3testresults.cgi?3145632860931.html

what a mess. i'm less sure of my type than i was before!
    Alright, This is Implied's FIRST test before she knew much about socionics ... her primary modes are ---, which corresponds directly to INTj and INFj ...

My guess is that on the second results, she was able to mind manipulate the results to sound more ENFp because of personal issues in her life.