Default Terry Prattchet

---

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it was Kristiina who said she thinks he's ENFp? Maybe it wasn't Kristiina? Personally, I think he's Ne whatever he is.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Smiling Eyes thinks he's ENTj. So there's a vote for Ni.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTj seemed to be a good suggestion to me
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    I think it was Kristiina who said she thinks he's ENFp? Maybe it wasn't Kristiina? Personally, I think he's Ne whatever he is.
    it was me.

I thought ENFp because he does weird associations about everything. He has weird ideas about everything. I love reading his books.

He even kinda looks delta. Erkki thinks INTp, because of his appreciation for just the right word in the right place.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Well Smiling Eyes thinks he's ENTj. So there's a vote for Ni.
    This was due to me having felt an identity-like kinship with Pratchett for a period of several years. When I write fiction I write like Pratchett does. So as at the time I thought that type doesn't change I had to equate that if I was ENTj and Terry was my identity partner he had to be ENTj. Naturally I don't think so anymore. I disavowed a number of my earlier typings and would include this among them. I think he and Stephen King are both more likely Fe types, but quite certainly EJ temperament.
    First eliminate every possible source of error. Thence success is inevitable.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Default Terry Pratchett

Removed at User Request

I had words here once, but I didn't feed them Khola aka Bee's Avatar
    TIM
    Meat Popsicle
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't watch videos...but LII?
    Hello, my name is Bee. Pleased to meet you .

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know he's often typed as MBTI ENTP, but I can't see him as ILE. I'd sooner say IEE.

Creepy-Pied Piper

Removed at User Request

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Yeah, here is the interesting part, have anyone though about seeing him an ESI/ISFj?

(...)

Like Tolkien, another Fi type but Delta, Pratchett's innovation doesn't stand imagining new endeavours humanity goes in following alternate needs, or following an evolution based on realistic causality, but he's mixing, in sensible harmony different well known, universal and functioning ones. He makes a lot of cultural references to established elements in science, business, philosophy, belief, discovery and he himself sees his work only in conjunction with existing works and themes.
    I agree on Fi-valuing, or rather Fi-ego, but I'd lean towards Delta NF. For many reasons, not the least being an emphasis of over . It's not so much references to as a "warped" image of reality, yet without more cynical qualities of caricature/satire, although not entirely devoid of them. The fantastic aspects of the world aren't really that contextual, and neither is humour - it's elements, concepts or objects, such as Hex. In comparison, there's relatively little plot; I laughed at "after a few books, I discovered the joy of plot" line - so true, never heard this one before but that's almost exactly how I described the series several times. You can take many of them out-of-context and they're still funny. That being said, there are a few distinctly Ni perspectives in the books, especially later ones, which lead me to believe author is at least familiar with it. Could point towards HA - giving characters qualities one aspires to - but also strong id elements.

Value-wise, I'd definitely say Delta over other quadras, though the characters seem to be of many types, which probably points to author's good understanding of people in general rather than anything socionics related. (Of course, it'd hardly be surprising in a Fi-type representative who lived for a while).

BTW I use this exact quote (and others) occasionally. As do many other people. I'm fairly certain he's got fans of all types. Some quotes tend to get quoted oftener since they are more quotable.
    Last edited by Aiss; 06-05-2010 at 10:39 AM.

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IXE-Ne
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think Fi-Base. I incline towards Gamma (ESI) based on that mixing of different elements of different eras, which I find not really Delta-ish, Deltas IMO are more into period authenticity, even if fantasy. This is not a very strong opinion, in the end even Tolkied mixed in several elements belonging to different historical periods as well, though it seems that in the case of Pratchett this fancy mix is the base idea.

I also know an ESI guy who was enjoying a quote from Discworld, it was something like resisting rain and wind and moving forward (not sure it is accurate).
    Shock intuition, diamond logic.

The16types.info Scientific Model