Thread: Help identifying my type

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Help identifying my type

Hi,

I stumbled upon this site after looking for information on Brain Types. I am confused as to what type I would be. I suppose this comes from not fully understanding Socionics. So forgive my ignorance. My MBTI type is INFP - I have done the official test twice and other online tests and I am always an INFP. Always.

I believe I am an Enneagram type 4. I don't know that much about the Enneagram but I guess I would be a 4w5. I have never taken an official test but every online test I come out as a 4w5 - one test as a 4x5 sp/so/sx. Although I do have 3 tendencies.

Some points about myself:

1. I like artistic things. I enjoy going to art galleries and just looking at the art and thinking about how a certain piece of work moves me, what it's trying to convey etc. I love the performing arts as well. Again, the ability to move others is a driving force for my attraction to those things.

2. I'm a hoarder. I keep things that are of sentimental to me. I have children's books that I loved when I was a child and I'm in my late twenties.

3. I have very few friends. Sure, I have people I speak to but to me friends are more than that. This is partially due to choice and the way I act. I have no time for superficial relationships. I try to avoid bitching behind people's backs. Ideally, if you have a problem with someone deal with it together, let them know how you feel because bitching isn't really going to change anything in the long run. Anyway, I come across as aloof and uninterested. However, I don't really like to show my emotions too much. I guess from young I've been told not to cry even though I get emotional quite easily.

4. I do have an eye for fashion and colour - people have told me that. However, I never really bother with make up even when I've got acne unless it's really bad. I guess my view is like it or leave it. This is me. Yet if I wanted to I could be very well put together.

5. I can get quite competitive if I know that I am good at something. I remember as a child being jealous of the new girl from Japan who drew anime characters. I remember being determined to be better than her although I was friendly to her etc. I didn't hate her I was just jealous...lol. IIRC right up to that point I was known as the one who was the best artist.

6. I am quite a shy person. As someone who loves dancing, I often feel extremely self conscious on stage. I like to get things perfect I guess this comes from being self conscious. Or at least have the confidence that I know the steps or feel confident enough to improv. However, at times I love the rush of being on stage and moving the audience. I guess I have this inner conflict of hiding myself and creating something to be experienced.

7. I tend to hyperfocus. Sometimes you can call me and I will not hear you as I am so deep in thought. I can stare at something and my thoughts have drifted to some far away place. However, if I find something boring I can't concentrate. I need to mix the activity with something I like. Of course this is different if there is a work deadline I need to meet.

8. I usually have doubts about my decisions. But when things feel right I am very determined.

9. I'm pretty sure that my Brain Type is INFP. I think. When I dance I notice that my movements are very fluid etc. I can dance like I have no bones.

10. When I'm happy, people find me charming, funny, witty, cheeky etc. I have interesting expressions for things that people find amusing. Although, I find it easier to be witty etc when writing. I'm sorry that this is such a long winded and boring post.

So how does that sound? What type(s) do you think of when you hear how I describe myself? Oh and thanks for reading and replying.
    I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am.

The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, sounds like you are an INFp in socionics as well.
    IEI subtype

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp or ISFp are the two that I see as possibilities.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFp imo.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XNFx
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all for your comments. I really appreciate it. I am tossing up between INFp, INFj and ISFp.

If anyone has the time and the energy, could you validate why you typed me that type(s) please? If you can't, it's fine. I'm just looking to comprehend this. I'm starting to read the articles etc but all input is much appreciated. Thanks!
    I took a deep breath and listened to the old bray of my heart. I am. I am. I am.

The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath