TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Someone I used to work with

edit
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds just like the person I described to you in the ISFj occupation thread. lol what a bitch.

ISFj?

Did she say people play the victims and feel sorry for themselves too much? Like she was big on feelings but in a superficial way like... she considered them important but when you tried to express them she would kinda be all 'they're just feelings, they're not important...' Did she walk with a confident gait that was kind of arrogant. Was she quick to tell people what she thought?

I'm just curious because the resemblances sound uncanny.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I was thinking she might be ESFp, which wouldn't be far off that.

She just has this Fe feel thing that doesn't go with that.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm hella weak against people like that lol...

But I see what you mean about her being fun in parties. I always thought if I knew this person outside of work she wouldn't be such a bitch. (she did wear fashionable, fun clothes...)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SLeo123083
    ISFj?
    Never.

Either an ISTj who was a lot into her Fe, or ENFj. I would be inclined to ISTj since she seemed Static.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Someone I used to work with

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    ISFj?
    Never.

Either an ISTj who was a lot into her Fe, or ENFj. I would be inclined to ISTj since she seemed Static.
    I agree with Expat that she is an ISTj who was a lot into her Fe ‘cos some of the descriptions remind me of my ISTj best friend

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    She seems Fe-ish to me. She is always jovial and loves making jokes, but it seems very fake to me. Like on the surface she's being friendly but underneath she's watching and thinking about what you're doing that's WRONG.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enfj not isfj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Actually I was thinking she might be ESFp, which wouldn't be far off that.

She just has this Fe feel thing that doesn't go with that.
    Not ESFP IMO.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFj?
    Never.

Why not ISFJ? It could be. Although ISFJs that I have had to deal with in similar situations tended to be quiet, and do people in the back way.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    enfj not isfj
    ENFJ is certainly possible.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    ISFj?
    Never.

Why not ISFJ? It could be. Although ISFJs that I have had to deal with in similar situations tended to be quited, and do people in the back way.
    You replied to yourself. Even if unhealthy, usually ISFjs would prefer a quiet vindict.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a nutshell --

- she valued the precise ways of doing stuff like organizing events, corporate rules etc, not precise ways of ethical behavior; that is Ti not Fi
    - jovial and making jokes, but looking fake to an ENFp - Fe not Fi
    - assuming SM's typing of the ISTj assistant is correct - she obviously valued, and identified with, the ISTj assistant, it's more likely that she was ISTj or ENFj herself than ISFj
    - "make everybody eat the same thing", even vegetarians and people with allergies - that's unhealthy Ti not Fi
    - her behavior at parties - that is again more likely obnoxious Fe than unhealthy Fi

I won't argue too much for ISTj over ENFj since I think she can be either -- but to me she showed a rigid, over-the-top concern with Ti rules backed by Se, with her Fe a little "crazed". But the same case could be made that she is an ENFj focusing too much on Ti rules.

But what Slacker Mom described has nothing to do with ISFjs, especially from the point of view of an ENFp. Always keep in mind who's describing the person.

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enfj not isfj
    i second this!

@slacker mom: i loved the part about cards addressed to dead people

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@expat: your case for istj makes sense, but it seems to me rather out-of-character that an istj'd insist in sending cards to her original list - regardless of whether those people on the list were dead or alive. an istj is a little more rational than that (at least in my experience).

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    @expat: your case for istj makes sense, but it seems to me rather out-of-character that an istj'd insist in sending cards to her original list - regardless of whether those people on the list were dead or alive. an istj is a little more rational than that (at least in my experience).
    No person, of any type, would regard it as rational to send cards to dead people. So that lady was already troubled at some level.

Having said that, to me it seems more like a slightly crazed Static than a slighltly crazed Dynamic, which is why I preferred IJ to EJ. Another way of looking at her behavior is as of that of an unhealthy Enneagram 1, which makes ISTj more likely - again, a somwhat disturbed one.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dioklecian
    ISFj?
    Never.

Why not ISFJ? It could be. Although ISFJs that I have had to deal with in similar situations tended to be quited, and do people in the back way.
    You replied to yourself. Even if unhealthy, usually ISFjs would prefer a quiet vindict.
    I was asking for Expat's opinion actually, however I agree with your points about ISFJs. [/b]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

she sounds like a bitch! If she's ENFj, I hope I'll end up changing my type soon.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    she sounds like a bitch! If she's ENFj, I hope I'll end up changing my type soon.
    ROFL

My dad is an ENFj and, while we don't always get along, he's very nice.
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you Slacker Mom, I think the woman you described is an ESFp...right down to the shameless flaunting of the toy boy. I also find that can seem ish.

I hate to say this because she has some really great qualities but my mother is an ESFp of the subtype that can seem extremely horrible and mean just to make a point and exert their will. I know that it can be very, very unpleasant to work with her because she can be very petty and extremely aggressive if she even senses that her authority is not respected and she will sense this even before you become consciously aware that you are starting to question it yourself at times.

I am sure my mother and this lady know when they are doing wrong and trying to force crap upon people. I find that with my mother it is always best to remain very calm, wait a while until she is fairly settled emotionally and then reason with her in a step by step manner, stressing the nonsensical nature of her actions(ESFps especially hate to be thought of as stupid!). My mother and every ESFp of this subtype I know respond very well to sound reasoning especially if they think you are smart/intelligent generally.

On the tacky dress and the toyboy. I have just come to accept the whole toyboy thing with my mother and a lot (well 2 really)of the other older ESFp women I know. I experience them as somewhat insecure forty something year old women desperate to hold on to their youth and the tacky dressing at times and the toy boy is somehow supposed to make them feel younger. You and I can both see how silly it can come across just like the sometimes.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    Every type comes with a "bitch"... You're safe. (an ENFj I know doesn't fit that description =\ and we get along fine) LOL!
    INTp
    sx/sp