Thread: Now that I am certain and everyone else is certain I am ENTp

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Now that I am certain and everyone else is certain I am ENTp

What can I do to stop giving people the impression that I do not like them, so I can let them become my friends?

I have friends, just people with a very very similar mindset or intelligence level.

And yes, the doubt has passed that I am ENTp ... I am back to believing in my type again ...

Creepy-

you are inxp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You based that on what? It takes me along to to be sure of something and to finally come up with an answer, and after considering EVERYTHING I realized he is most likely ENTP.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They use to think that Einstein was INTp too, but if you research his life you will realize he is really ENTp and there are some very very similar things that happened in my life that happened with einstein.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elaborate.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Creepy-

fdfsd

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky
    elaborate.
    Just weird stuff I noticed when researching history ...

Like how he and his friends had formed a club they jokingly called "olympia," which pretty much was used as a social outlit by einstein and to discuss various intellectual topics ... it reminds me of how me and my friends in college had this club we formed called "the corn club," which was typically very informal and was used as sort of a social outlit during lunches where we would annoy anyone who sat near us by talking about various intellectual subjects that were eons beyond anyone else's comprehension.

There are some other thing, too ... like the general absentmindedness that I have and these creative ideas I get.

This may sound weird, but just today I got a little upset that my step-father's uncle was on internet for most of the day, and I kept getting these odd ideas on how to build a small contraption that I could hook through the phone-line that would disrupt the modems ability to communicate through the line without it being really obvious.

Just stuff like that ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said that because I think Einstein is INTP and you are ENTP. Absentmindness and creativity is related to all xNxP types.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said that because I think Einstein is INTP and you are ENTP. Absentmindness and creativity is related to all xNxP types.
    Really? I suppose there is truth to that ...

Although, Einstein has always seemed more ENTp to me in behaviour ... who else other than an ENTp would be irreponsible enough to rely on silly informal clubs for a social outlit, make Ds in physics class when he could have known more than the teacher, and flirt around with girls when he should be paying attention to school?

But, I think someone already made a thread to debate this somewhere else ...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did!

http://the16types.info/forums/viewto...59523d6895f834

And my Dad is INTP and did the things you described above. That's really not uncommon for an INTP. INTPs and ENTPs are only one letter apart and superficially an INTP looks like an ENTP and vice versa.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, I disagree. From a functional level INTp and ENTp are very very different. IMO It just does not do justice to say that there is just a letters difference between them when there is so much emphasis placed on different inverse functions. I would much sooner see an INTp become an ENTj than an ENTp ... it just does not make sense to me that an INTp and an ENTp would see things functionally the same way.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... b/c ENTPs and INTPs are both dominanted by Intuition and you can see it as their "primary" function (either you know it or feel it on a gut level). One just happens to have a concious Ne and subconcious Ni while the other is reversed. Types CAN seem like their mirrors if they are heavy on their creative function, but your contrast is still your most similar type (at least superfically). Sometimes it is hard to tell which is the concious and subconcious with people and the xNTPs have a similar structure.

By that I mean,
    dominant "N"
    creative "T"
    need for "S"
    and a weak point of "F"
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

... b/c ENTPs and INTPs are both dominanted by Intuition and you can see it as their "primary" function (either you know it or feel it on a gut level). One just happens to have a concious Ne and subconcious Ni while the other is reversed. Types CAN seem like their mirrors if they are heavy on their creative function, but your contrast is still your most similar type (at least superfically). Sometimes it is hard to tell which is the concious and subconcious with people and the xNTPs have a similar structure.

By that I mean,
    dominant "N"
    creative "T"
    need for "S"
    and a weak point of "F"
    Ohh, well if that was what you were saying, then I do not disagree ... I do think though still that there are some marked differences between ENTp and INTp, and part of the reasoning I have for that you had already stated with types possibly mirroring with their creative function.

If types can do similar things as their inverse equivalent, and not share those similar things with another type; than it only makes sense to me that the same types can share traits with their mirror equivalents, but at the same time they do not share those traits with their inverse equivalent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absentmindness and creativity is related to all xNxP types.
    I get where your coming from... but then how you explain countless brilliant ISFP artists and musicians. There's obviously an element of creativity there, no? I'm not trying to be a pain, I'd say the exact same thing, but just thinking about it, what do you think?

I've always wondered this also, because I have an ENFP friend, and we're both pretty creative individuals. I then would think that introversion/extroversion doesn't play too much of a part in the creativity of one's type. But then I have a very creative ISFP friend, and at the same time I know a couple ESFPs. And the esfps, well, their not exactly the most creative folks. So I wonder, is it simply that they don't have the will and the need to create, and to use an ability that they possibly have, or is the ISFP simply such a type that it is the only xSxP with these creative talents?

So I supoose introversion does play some role in it...

I do agree that it is xNxPs with the creative abilitys for the most part. Perhaps this is just an exeption? (I do also agree whole heartedly on the absent mindedness, lol.)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have created a new thread in the general area of the forum about what me and Rocky have started to discuss ...

oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=823

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Harry, it depends on your definition of "creative". xSxP types would just have a diffrent perspective. I have both an ESFP and an ISFP friend who love to design clothes and do fashion and things like that. I also think writer Ian Flemming (James Bond novels) is an ISTP, and he writes about masculine adventure stuff. It's just a diffrent view, but from what we were talking about it sounded like creativity was in the realm of "N".... am I making sense here?
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I see what your saying. Out of the xSxP types though, I see the ISFP to be unique, because, I have never seen another xSxP to be into creating amazing music or artwork, I'm just curious if this is an ability that they truely have, and they just choose not to use it. All in all though, my basic point in the post was not to say that ESFPs are "un-creative"(I understand they can be so in their own way), it was to say that I think creativity coresponds to more than xNxP types, and that it must be a more complex thing that that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edited for gayness.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transigent, you're right. My Dad was the same way in college. That doesn't mean an ENTP can't act that way, it's just that INTPs do it too.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Like how he and his friends had formed a club they jokingly called "olympia," which pretty much was used as a social outlit by einstein and to discuss various intellectual topics ... it reminds me of how me and my friends in college had this club we formed called "the corn club," which was typically very informal and was used as sort of a social outlit during lunches where we would annoy anyone who sat near us by talking about various intellectual subjects that were eons beyond anyone else's comprehension.
    Umm, I hate to break it to you (don't worry it doesn't refute your ENTp-ness) but this kind of stuff seems like since it is very knowlege based.

I would even venture to say that it is a Gamma thing because YOU KNOW that some in these "clubs" like to think themselves powerful and authoritative because of how smart they are .

Or it could just be a nerd thing that I will never really understand... (Sorry, I had to throw that in there!)
    Yeah, that was why I was the speaker of the house ... the two other guys actually founded the club, and I was the one the actually did all the work with initiating topics of discussion. I was sort of initiated in after they realized I was pretty much on the same intellectual level as them.

But, like I said before, I know one of them was an ENTj, and the other guy I highly suspect was also an ENTj. It got to where they were criticising the way that I organized my thoughts and patterns and started to look down on my intellectual approaches. I got sort of pissed off at that and did not hang around them much after that.

Probably a Quasi-Identical thing ....