Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eligible for delta?

he died with a felafel
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default eligible for delta?

Last edited by felafel; 09-16-2011 at 01:11 AM.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well based on that list, you do sound ENFp.

Though I don't buy that physical characteristics are related to type. I have expressive eyes but that's less a physical thing and more a personality thing. But I'm quite tall, my nose is very small, and until I gave birth and hit my mid 30s I was very thin. Now I'm somewhere between thin and average I suppose. But most people's metabolisms slow down as they age so that is not likely to be type related.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree on ENFp.

(on a sidenot, I'd guess that most people hate taking orders)
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG

Actually, I wouldn't mind if the person is a good decision maker 'cos I hate making decisions and always feel better before making one.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with that Eunice as far as that I hate making most decisions too. But I HATE HATE HATE when it's presented as an order. If it's a suggestion with opportunity for input, I love it. If I'm TOLD to do something, I MUST do the exact opposite. Or nothing.

Orders are controlling. I hate when people try to control me. I love when people gently guide me.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice

Actually, I wouldn't mind if the person is a good decision maker 'cos I hate making decisions and always feel better before making one.
    Oh well, maybe it's me then. If there's one thing that I can't stand in the world is anybody trying to give me advice or orders on anything, ehhe. Not even gently. I know, I know, it's a bad thing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm well maybe a description in "what's my type" so people other than just Deltas can look at the info and see if they identify with it too.
    -Mark Twain

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because of this:
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8249

I'm guessing you're not a IEE.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah electric - that girl *did* sound like an ISTp. Though there were extenuating circumstances. Hmmm.
    -Mark Twain

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt the extenuating circumstances make much of a difference here. HDWAF was complaining about a lack of and not the use of delta functions out doing her.

And why does no one here have a memory?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just re-read through the thread and you're right, she sounds like what she doesn't like primarily is a lack of Fe. And as I said in the thread, it's very much how my ENFj dad would describe my ISTp husband.

I don't know why I don't have a memory. LOL
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"stubborness and apathy" = lack of Fe
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont think you can type Falafel or this other woman based on this experience. There are too many variables and not enough information. The important thing is how she takes in information and what does she do with it. How does she interact with other people especially the ones she is very close to over a period of time. Ive met people who were unresponsive and cold to me that later became close friends of mine (Im thinking of an ESTJ in particular.)
    Funny story, not neccisarily related. One ISTP said to me after we had been friends a number of years that when I first came to a particular group we associated with I did not talk to him for 6 months. I was shocked. Sometimes I forget how I meet and get to know people. they just suddenly are in my life like Ive known them all along. I asked him if he had ever said anything to me, like hi or welcome or anything. Nope. Honestly, I think I believed him to be some boring nobody. Of course I didnt tell him that.
    All the extraverts were very welcoming and friendly and he just got lost in the shuffle. Even though I understood why we did not connect at first I told him it was his fault because he should have at least welcomed me and made me feel at home instead of remaining aloof. It was wicked of me but a bit true.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    I dont think you can type Falafel or this other woman based on this experience. There are too many variables and not enough information. The important thing is how she takes in information and what does she do with it. How does she interact with other people especially the ones she is very close to over a period of time. Ive met people who were unresponsive and cold to me that later became close friends of mine (Im thinking of an ESTJ in particular.)
    Funny story, not neccisarily related. One ISTP said to me after we had been friends a number of years that when I first came to a particular group we associated with I did not talk to him for 6 months. I was shocked. Sometimes I forget how I meet and get to know people. they just suddenly are in my life like Ive known them all along. I asked him if he had ever said anything to me, like hi or welcome or anything. Nope. Honestly, I think I believed him to be some boring nobody. Of course I didnt tell him that.
    All the extraverts were very welcoming and friendly and he just got lost in the shuffle. Even though I understood why we did not connect at first I told him it was his fault because he should have at least welcomed me and made me feel at home instead of remaining aloof. It was wicked of me but a bit true.
    But HDWAF was craving for a strong response, this is a characteristic of Beta/Alpha. You yourself thought the SLI to be a boring nobody that is a Delta/Gamma response to non-entertaining people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric
    But HDWAF was craving for a strong response, this is a characteristic of Beta/Alpha.
    Forgive me if I havent been keeping up but I thought she was just looking for some some plain old acknowledgement. She was being completely shut out by someone who her bf considered significant. I dont see that as a craving for strong but a recognition of her and her bfs relationship which to me says 'Hey, We're together here. Respect my '. What do you think Falafel?
    You yourself thought the SLI to be a boring nobody that is a Delta/Gamma response to non-entertaining people.
    Thats interesting. Where did you get this?

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont see that as a craving for strong Extraverted Feeling but a recognition of her and her bfs relationship which to me says 'Hey, We're together here. Respect my Introverted Feeling
    HDWAF main complaint is that the girl didn't show any emotion. True it was linked to a situation, but the fact she made such a big point of it (even saying she was making her life miserable) spells out her preference.

You yourself thought the SLI to be a boring nobody that is a Delta/Gamma response to non-entertaining people.
    here..

Honestly, I think I believed him to be some boring nobody. Laughing Of course I didnt tell him that.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Rick (Description of Fe):

Each of us constantly sends out information of a extraverted ethics nature. Each unusual intonation or gesture, each hint of irritation in our voice, each awkward pause, each chuckle or sudden change of expression sends a extraverted ethics signal to other people. Some types — particularly ILI and SLI (with emotive ethics as their fourth function) consciously try to send as few signals of this kind as possible — and are usually successful. This makes ESEs and EIEs (with emotive ethics as their first function) mistrustful and unsure of themselves, since they have too little information to go by in their interaction with such people.
    http://socionics.us/theory/be.shtml

More from Rick (Quadras/Beta group behaviour) :

The Beta Quadra is especially sensitive to and critical of earthiness, pronounced pragmatism, emotional indifference, and people who analyze their psychology and motives behind their backs.
    http://socionics.us/theory/quadras.shtml

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here..

Honestly, I think I believed him to be some boring nobody. Laughing Of course I didnt tell him that.
    No silly, I know what I said. Im just wondering why you applied it to all of Delta/Gamma.

Anywho, thanks for the links to what you were refering to on Ricks site regarding Fe and Beta. Thats more on the lines of what I was looking for.

Topaz

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a thread at one point about something like "the five things you hate most in teh world" and one of mine was "people trying to control me". I put after that (but I bet everyone feels that way) and someone responded that it is a hallmark trait of Delta. I am not an expert, I just remember that, and I have read that Delta people hate control. I know some people (FDG for instance) who don't like control and don't want the guidance either. I think a lot of people would rather lead. I'd say I'm a follower, but I don't want to be controlled. That's different from how a lot of people probably feel.

I'm getting tired and I've stopped making sense. I'm going to stop even trying now. LOL. I've been Christmas shopping all day!
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because of this:
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8249

I'm guessing you're not a IEE.
    Never saw that post before, but for what it's worth, that description of the girl is basically a 100% accurate description of me.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but Socionics is based on how relationships work, so your relationship - particularly that with the girl who seems to be ISTp - is useful in determining your type.
    -Mark Twain

Creepy-bg

you should kill the bitch

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by he died with a felafel
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    you should kill the bitch
    silly kid, are you gonna be of any help in that or not?
    what are we talkin about here? a little boating accident maybe? Sure, you fly me to Austrailia (why do I think that's where your at?) and put me up... I'll see to it that theres a little mechanical problem. :wink: (and if you don't live in Austrailia you fly me there anyways... I've always wanted to go there)

(if you were talking about typing you there... well I'm not any good at that. Sarcastic comments are more my thing.... I give you back your thread now)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I saw that you didn't like my Fi. Which also leads me to believe you aren't Delta.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Felafel....have you considered esfj? (just tossing an idea out there)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave you relationship advice and you seemed to bristle up at it. Fi people generally don't mind relationship advice, and seem to me to even look forward to opportunities to discuss their relationships, but Fe people hate it.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well here was my relationship advice:

Off socionics for a minute and onto unsolicited advice . . . uhm I think your beef should be with your boyfriend. If he's dropping everything to rush to her rescue, there's still *something* between the two of them, whether it's acted upon or not. Add the kissing incident to that and, personally, I'd be looking for a new boyfriend.
    Raisonpure gave you some relationship advice too. Maybe other people as well. You responded more like I'd expect an Fe person to rather than how an Fi person probably would.

Specific example of you appearing to "bristle up":

Dear Slacker Mom,
    Above i was referring to "specific" comments mentioned about what i should do with my relationship with my bf. I believe those comments aren't necessary, i didn't ask for them (ie. i do not need people here to suggest weather i should leave or not - that is not the question, and, frankly, i do not care about what people here think of that - i'm not addressing some dating forum here, hence that kind of advice is irrelevant and uncalled for).
    -Mark Twain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This conversation is cracking me up I think it has to do with Falafels wet cat avitar Sorry.

Topaz

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is tricky because I do like felafel and when I gave her advice for a second I thought, "She might not like to get unsolicited advice" and then I thought, "Yeah but she says she's ENFp and if she is even if she disagrees with it it probably won't bug her too much."

This is very similar to disagreements I have with my ENFj dad. I see advice as gathering of information. Even if I don't have any intention of following the advice, I'm glad to get other viewpoints. But my dad sees advice as something that either you strongly reject or you accept and follow. So he'll give me advice, and I'll say, "Thanks for the advice, dad" because even if I think he's crazy I'm glad to have an opportunity to see what he's seeing. But then I won't follow it because I disagree with him. And he'll ask why I didn't follow his advice, because he figures when I thanked him I was saying, "OH yeah dad, you're right! I'll get right on that!" LOL.
    -Mark Twain

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    This is tricky because I do like felafel and when I gave her advice for a second I thought, "She might not like to get unsolicited advice" and then I thought, "Yeah but she says she's ENFp and if she is even if she disagrees with it it probably won't bug her too much."

This is very similar to disagreements I have with my ENFj dad. I see advice as gathering of information. Even if I don't have any intention of following the advice, I'm glad to get other viewpoints. But my dad sees advice as something that either you strongly reject or you accept and follow. So he'll give me advice, and I'll say, "Thanks for the advice, dad" because even if I think he's crazy I'm glad to have an opportunity to see what he's seeing. But then I won't follow it because I disagree with him. And he'll ask why I didn't follow his advice, because he figures when I thanked him I was saying, "OH yeah dad, you're right! I'll get right on that!" LOL.
    I think this is a good example of reasonable (you) vs resolute (him) behaviour.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This conversation is cracking me up I think it has to do with Falafels wet cat avitar Sorry.

What's wrong with a little wet pussy?

; 5w6

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by napalm

nothing. Its so cute it makes me laugh. I can just hear it saying "Could you be more specific."

Topaz

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROTFL, I hope this was on purpose too!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROTFL, I hope this was on purpose too!!
    Dont think I didnt notice that. I just decided to take the high road. tsk tsk

Topaz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast