TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Braxton Bragg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braxton_Bragg

There is a famous story about him as a company commander at a frontier post where he also served as quartermaster. He submitted a requisition for supplies for his company, then as quartermaster declined to fill it. As company commander, he resubmitted the requisition, giving additional reasons for his requirements, but as the quartermaster he denied the request again. Realizing that he was at a personal impasse, he referred the matter to the post commandant, who exclaimed "My God, Mr. Bragg, you have quarreled with every officer in the army, and now you are quarreling with yourself!" It is alleged that some of his troops attempted to assassinate him on two occasions in August and September 1847, but he was not injured either time. In the more serious of the two incidents, one of his soldiers exploded a 12-pound artillery shell underneath his cot. Although the cot was destroyed, somehow Bragg himself emerged without a scratch.
    [/url]
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

I must be an INTJ because I could see myself doing something like that. God knows there's people who would love to stick a bomb under my bed right now because they see me as something of an aloof weirdo.